[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'll never play Bloodborne for the first time again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11
File: rip.jpg (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
5 KB, 160x160
>I'll never play Bloodborne for the first time again

If you could go back and experience a game for the first time again, what would it be?
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
final fantasy tactics
>>
>tfw I blew my load and didn't play bb blind alongside TOH blind

The boss battles in TOH are some of the finest ever
>>
>>333287698
I'm actually sad I won't experience that first time again. The damn game is perfect.
>>
>>333287698
I feel the same about Jedi outcast
>>
>>333287698

FF 7 or 8.

8 was fun and somewhat hard as balls when i couldnt read english, i just leveled to cap with first tier spells and pretty much every random encounter was life and death, bosses were hard too.

7 just for the reason that its fun, imo it jumps the shark at disc 2 excluding the space scene. Also the first time entering the northern crater really had a big fight feeling to it. Also, i couldnt read english then either so it wasnt just steamrolling everything so it was fun as fuck.
>>
>>333288315
This

I kinda wish I didn't play it with my dad when I was young so I could really appreciate it but at the same time so many great memories. My dad dictated the entire scene where Algus beats the fuck out of a northern sky knight
>>
File: 1459.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>333287698
Road trip shifting gears.
I cried.
>>
File: 1458413381174.jpg (18 KB, 199x196) Image search: [Google]
1458413381174.jpg
18 KB, 199x196
>>333287698
Definitely WoW. No other game offered that peculiar sensation of awe and intrigue. The scale of the world in addition to the amount of players was just awesome, and a completely new thing to me.
>>
Mgs3 or Dark souls/Bloodborne
>>
>>333287698
>went in expecting Van Helsing
>pick up on weirder vibes
>game progresses to be bizarrely beautiful
Trying out all the trick weapons, and the arcane stuff. God damn, I wasn't anticipating to have Souls experience like my first, but Bloodborne managed to get closer to that than I imagined it could.

I want to experience it like that all over again.
>>
File: 1303246485926.png (7 KB, 125x107) Image search: [Google]
1303246485926.png
7 KB, 125x107
If somebody offered you an amnesiac so you could do it, but you would also lose all memories you forged after you played that game, would you still do it?
>>
>>333287698
Undertale

>managed to play it before the autism hit the fan
>managed to play it relatively unspoiled
>legitimately enjoyed it
>>
Metal Gear Solid on my PS 1 back in 1998.
>>
Soul Reaver.
>>
Tales of Symphonia
>>
>tfw you will have to shell out for a ps4 just for one game

I'm putting it off as long as possible but after I have my fun with DaS3 I'm going to have to face it
>>
ur mum
>>
Vanilla WoW
System Shock 2
Earthbound
Myst
Majoras Mask
>>
File: 1452990026143.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1452990026143.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>tfw never going to fight Ludwig for the first time again
>you'll never see his True mentor, his guiding moonlight for the first time again
>>
Nier. What a treat it was to play blind
>>
its a perfect video game
>>
>>333290916
Thief
Thief Gold
Quake
Twilight Princess
American McGees Alice
>>
>>333291189
>Thief
>Thief Gold
Why would you pick the worst game in the trilogy and do it twice?
>>
>>333287698
Nier. The emotions i felt from that game have never been met by any other. It wasn't a perfect game especially in the gameplay or level design departments. But as for characters/voice acting/music and emotional scenes it touched me in a way no other medium has.
>>
>>333291648
>worst game in the trilogy
found the pleb (or edgy contrarian)
But I meant thief 2 obviously you mook
>>
>>333289360
same here. I wish I can explore Teldrassil and Darkshore for the first time again
>>
Metroid Prime
>>
>currently playing in some weird area with 3 Amygdalas and infinitely respawning hordes of enemies
This is not fun.
>>
Mother 3. Legitimately the only story-driven game that made me give a damn about the characters.
>>
FFXI.
>>
>>333287698
pc cant even play it you know
>>
Everybody hates Fallout3 on 4chan but it's still one of my favorite games.

Rdr also cuz that game is amazing.
>>
File: _20160204_180646.jpg (578 KB, 1870x1658) Image search: [Google]
_20160204_180646.jpg
578 KB, 1870x1658
>>333292609
Mother 3 is incredible and I'm eagerly waiting for the 20th of this month to hear if it's getting localized, it's now or never.
I'll just replay the Tomato translation with my newly bought Fan Guide.

With all that e-peen out of the way, I want to criticize one element: the ending, while INCREDIBLE and tear-jerking, felt really strange for digging up Claus and forcing you to care about what happened so suddenly.
You spent maybe 5 minutes getting to know his character over the course of the game, and then there's just this one big revelation at the end.
Yes there were hints, but you can't tell a good story through vague hints and jokes about Lucas looking like someone else.

Incredible 10/10 game and I still love the ending, it just felt a little odd.
Here's my merch.
>>
On the same boat with Bloodborne. Played it for the first time last December over winter break w/ the DLC and it was an incredible experience.
>>
Ff7:,,, (

Best memories in gaming for me.
>>
>>333292524
Assuming you're in the unseen village. run down the stairs into the building (don't kill anyone yet, no point as they'll respawn) take a left and before the next room go right up the small set of stairs and kill that both holding the Bell. Once she dies the enemies will go back to normal strength and normal defense and will actually stay dead. It's a theme in that area to kill the maidens.
>>
>>333293883
Thank you my friend. I've only actually seen one of them but I know what to look for now, at least.
Hearing the bell just put me on alert looking for the bell people from Tower of Latria.
>>
>>333289271
>I never played vidya with my dad
>I never had a dad
>>
>tfw you will never be gangbanged by bullets and dogs in Hemwick and be surprised about it
Why live
>>
>>333294258
Be forewarned: One of them is tricky to find.
>>
>>333293332
what's going on at the 20th?
>>
>>333287698
OG Mass Effect
>>
Legit, I just platinum'd Bloodborne last week and all I wanted was just to play more but it wouldn't be as fun.
>>
>>333287698
Bloodborne
RE4
The evil within
Silent hill series
Dark souls
Ocarina of time
Mega man series
Contra
Rtype
Vagrant story
Hellblazer series
Brave fencer musashi
Mystical Ninja starring goemon
WOTS
Onimusha
Many more
>>
Oh man where to start.

>System Shock 2
>Witcher 1, 2 and 3
>Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
>Dragon's Dogma
>Devil May Cry 3
>Shadow of the Colossus
>Borderlands 1
>F.E.A.R
>Red Dead: Redemption

I could never pick one.
>>
>>333294642

Hitler's birthday. Don't you celebrate?
>>
>>333287698
OoT as long as I can play it back when I was a kid again.
>>
>played literally every Souls game blind
Why the fuck do you people spoil yourselves, its so fun.
>>
Planescape Torment
MGS 2-3
>>
>>333295795
I don't get why PoP:WW. Sure it has best gameplay of the series by far, but its story and aesthetics sides are significantly weaker.
>>
>>333296023
I was 10 or so when it came out and the Dahaka plot line with the Dark Prince or w/e was cool as fuck to me. My first real "mind blown" gaming moment. Plus that soundtrack was godlike.

Sands of Time and the Two Thrones are just as good, though.
>>
>just beat "The One Reborn" on my first try
Was it possible to go up and kill those witches the whole time a la Tower Knight?
I looked for a path for awhile, and only found the spiral staircase after killing him.
Used every one of my blood vials to pull it off.
>>
>>333295763
Never really got into RE4
When i got to the military base i just wanted the game to end
>>
>>333298391
like, disc 2 after 10 hours?
>>
HALF LIFE 1

Hell, the whole series.
>>
I'm tempted to say WoW, but only if I get the same old experience, I wouldn't want to forget all those great times in vanilla and BC to be replaced by end of WoD and Legion.
Also tempting to say any of LoK games, but now that I think about it the more special times come on replays of it when you start to figure it all out, first time is not that great.
I really can't think of a game first playthrough of which at this point would be so special, could easily come up with book or anime, but not a video game.
>>
File: image.png (46 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46 KB, 920x900
BB FOR PC WHEN???
>>
Dark souls. I would be very glad if I could forget my first playthrough of it on PS3 and play it for the first time on PC with graphical mods.
Maybe Infamous 2, so I could experience evil ending again, that was one of the few times game had me emotional.
>>
File: 1459546708587.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459546708587.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>333287698
>I get to play Dark Souls 3 almost totally blind in 7 days
>>
Halo 3 if it means I'd get to replay all the stuff I would do with a bunch of friends
>>
>>333299231
I miss custom games, my friends and I would play garbage man and jenga all the time l.
>>
Deadly Premonition
Devil May Cry 3
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid 2
Ocarina of Time

there's a lot of amazing games I would love to forget about and experience fresh.
>>
>>333299510
Deadly Premonition is underrated as hell.
>>
>>333287698
you'll hate this but honest to god it would be final fantasy 7. you'll never be 10 yeasrs old playing ff7 for the first time ever again.

fuck life is depressing sometyimes.
>>
File: Asriel.png (959 B, 76x150) Image search: [Google]
Asriel.png
959 B, 76x150
>>333287698
Undertale, just for the feels.
>>
>you will never look up in Tallon overworld again
>>
So many years and I'll never be able to discover the forbidden lands and how to defeat the colossi for the first time again.
>>
>>333300562
this tobh my wew lads
>>
File: 1313899915924.png (1 MB, 800x514) Image search: [Google]
1313899915924.png
1 MB, 800x514
>>333287698
>cntl+F
>No Vampire

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines easily. I played it just as my boner for Vampires was at an all time low due to Twilight and shows that rip Twilight off ruining the genre for me. Then I booted up this game and it was the best thing ever, then I sought out the PnP and a Larp close to me which led to me making a great group of friends from the LARP and have a great time doing that.
>>
>>333287698
Mass Effect
>>
I haven't played most these games, but still own them on their respective consoles. My backlog spans multiple generations, but I choose to waste my time on visual novels and news/current events. I should kill myself.
>>
>>333302989
Either this or DA:O.
or vanilla WoW.
>>
>>333290641
this, i can get the console and game for 300 eurobucks but im holding off mate
>>
It's hard to choose just one. I'd probably have to go with Bayonetta or The World Ends With You.
>>
>>333302989
Because nobody wants to experience the second half of the game again.
>>
>>333287698
Maybe you should actually play a good game instead?
Dark Souls 3 comes out soon.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.