[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The extremely pro-free speech and anti-censorship group GamerGate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Censor.png (327 KB, 720x613) Image search: [Google]
Censor.png
327 KB, 720x613
>The extremely pro-free speech and anti-censorship group GamerGate has today demonstrated their strong moral commitment to those principles, by demanding that a developer remove something they find offensive.
>GamerGater supporters have been expressing their outrage today at the inclusion of a single line of dialogue in Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear spoken by a minor, transgender NPC whose interaction with the player is completely optional.
> “This game is entirely political now,” insisted one reviewer. “It’s 100% politics. When I first heard that they were shoving SJW shit down our throats I had to see it for myself. And now I have. On YouTube. I deliberately searched out and watched a video of this single line of dialogue from an inconsequential NPC and now I’m mad. No, I haven’t played the game.”

So are you guys pro-censorship or what?
>>
>>333285468

DELETE THIS
>>
I don't give le fuck, Baldur's Gate has never had good writing

But I don't think it's smart to alianate the only fanbase that cares about these types of games in the first place
>>
Is the paradise lost dlc for postal 2 any good? Been thinking about picking it up.
>>
Both sides are fucking hypocrites.

I refuse to get angry if a game adds a tranny or if a game has busty woman bouncing around nor will I be angry if both are removed.

It's like you fucks are in a hamster wheel of shitposting. That's all you know what to do anymore. You shitpost and get angry and end up right where you started.
>>
File: I seriously hope.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
I seriously hope.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1080
>Hey guys I've got a great idea
>Let's put a trannie
>In a setting with potions/spells of gender change
>In a game exclusively played by grognard fa/tg/uys
>>
I'm pretty staunchly anti-censorship. People should be free to shit out whatever garbage they want to.
That said, calling out garbage for being garbage is not being pro-censorship. They're just buttmad because they aren't receiving autistic levels of praise for inserting a one-dimensional tranny into their game.

Also shitting all over an existing work doesn't make it your work. It just makes it someone else's work with your shit on it.
>>
>>333285952
>let's put in a tranny

You mean like every other Baldur's Gate?
>>
Like, do you understand how retarded and forced it is for a character to be trans but not have just shut the fuck up and used a potion of change gender and got on with their lives?
>>
Who made that quote?
>>
>>333285468
sure thing, beamdog
>>
>>333285468
Oh get fucked. It was never about that one line.
>>
File: 1435770079511.jpg (29 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1435770079511.jpg
29 KB, 331x334
>>333285468
>gamergate
How do you identify a gamergater? Is it a synonym for sexist? Do people complain about the game and declare they belong to the gamergate movement?

Im so confused.
>>
>>333286843
>Anyone complains about anything 'progressives' do to a game
>GOOBLE GOBBLE
You can even see this happen on /v/, it's rather disgusting how saturated with SJW shills /v/ is
>>
My only complaint is how pandering it felt. Did we really need you telling us you're trans as the first thing you say to us? It reminded me of that shitskin from Mass Effect 3, who you walk in crying over his dead husband, which was the game's not so subtle way of saying he's gay.
>>
>>333285468
I saw people calling the writing shit, I haven't seen anyone asking Beamdog to remove the tranny
>>
Who do they think is the target demographic for this shit?

Who do they think is sitting around waiting for an expansion for a text heavy 16 year old crpg?

Ultra progressive hipsters?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.