[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
11k mobile displays in all smartphones by 2018
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: FoveModel-copy.jpg (69 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
FoveModel-copy.jpg
69 KB, 1200x800
https://youtu.be/SV-eFXd0CTI

Looks like all the problems of current VR are about to be overcome. 2nd gen VR is gonna be the shit. Mark your calendars gents.
>>
>phones
>implying people will walk outside looking like OPs pic

kek
>>
>>333283725
What the fuck are you talking about?

Do you not get the point? The problems with current VR is due to the low resolution of the screen, 1080p is too low, and even 4k would still be too low. An estimated 10k per screen would really make things impressive, remove the screen door effect, and give you a very ample and life-like range of vision.

People were saying that stuff is well awau, since our current max is at 4k, on very large screens, not mobile screens, but as it turns out, Samsung plans on launching 11k MOBILE screens to the mass market. The first thing to benefit from this is obviously VR.

Just two years from now we'll see VR with 11k screens.
>>
>>333284307
Why would anyone want to strap a phone to their head
>>
>>333284429
What are you talking about? What do phones have anything to do with anything?
>>
>>333284307
And now imagine how ridiculously powerful a GPU would have to be to actually output anything decent in that resolution.
>>
>>333284941
Something small enough to fit in a phone.
>>
>>333284941
Considering the Pastel laughs at 4k, I don't see the issue.
>>
>>333285140
He's talking about games
>>
File: 1453253669471.jpg (75 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1453253669471.jpg
75 KB, 601x601
>tfw games like pokemon and age of empires won't exist anymore because every single game is VR

ITS

NOT

FAIR
>>
>>333282880
4k screens, even 1440 screens are already cancer in smartphones that drain the fuck out of battery life needlessly. Save that shit for VR faggots.
>>
>>333285176
I'm assuming you mean Pascal, and I don't think the budget models are gonna be able to do 4k easily. Plus, this seems to be focused on cellphones, it would drain the battery like crazy.
>>
>>333285337
Um.

Why? It's not that hard to make those games VR. You can do it with your desktop and even a film.

Literally all your doing is getting the screen image to stick to the VR area and not push out of sight when you move your head.
>>
File: fly-5-joystick.jpg (9 KB, 250x257) Image search: [Google]
fly-5-joystick.jpg
9 KB, 250x257
>>333285337
>Not being excited for cockpit simulators
Ace Combat
FZero
Wipeout
Armored Core
Hawken
Valkyrie EVE
Rouge Squadron
Flight Sims
Mech sims
Dogfight games
Space Fight Sims

I want cockpit sims to become the new FPS. Also, bring back joystick support.

Imagine a badass space combat sims like Rouge Squadron, or a mecha game like MuvLuv with two of pic related, and VR.
>>
File: 1440863742130.jpg (92 KB, 679x631) Image search: [Google]
1440863742130.jpg
92 KB, 679x631
>every year VRfags come out of the woodworks
>everytime it's just a screen stuck in front of your face
>>
>>333285917
Japanese mech games like armored core would not work FPS style, it's far too fast paced. They'd have to slow it down to mechwarrior levels
>>
>>333285337
>not wanting Pokemon VR

Are you retarded? Giving voice commands to your mons, and seeing them battle in front of you. Having to explore the pokemon world in first person.

Also, RTS can be made tabletop with VR. Literally selectin units with your hands like some omniscient God.
>>
>wow this 11k screen is neat in 2 years we will have 11k res VR!
yes because its not like 980ti's already struggle to run VR games at 75 fps at 1080p
use your fuckin head
>>
>>333286080
I'd like to see them try. The japanese love their mecha, and that's what MuvLuv was all about.

Fuck, VR is gonna make arcades boom, at least in Japan. Especially with the virtuix omni. Fuck this, moving to Japan to play arcade VR.
>>
>>333286109
>Giving voice commands to your mons, and seeing them battle in front of you. Having to explore the pokemon world in first person.

this shit sounds way too expensive and hard to make
>>
>>333286109
that sounds way too intense, pokemon is such a chill game to play while in bed or in the car, that would ruin it.
>>
>>333286397
Too hard for Gamefreak, yeah. They're probably the laziest devs in the industry.
>>
>11k on phones
>meanwhile windows dpi scaling shits itself at anything over 1080p

fantastic
>>
What VR does NASA use?
>>
>>333286681
>chill
You mean boring.
>>
>>333286109
Nigga pokemon hasn't even joined this century of gaming. Its still n64 era at best
>>
>>333286870
well what you want to do is change it into a completely different game
>>
>>333286934
I was just giving an example since he was crying about pokemon dying. Let's be honest, gamefreak doesn't innovate.
>>
>>333287096
>pokemon changing in any form
>bad thing
also i hate to break it to you guys but you can already do the shit youre talking about
all you need is virtual desktop and voiceattack and you have pokemon VR
>>
>>333287119
luckily pokemon won't die and vr gaming will still suck ass for years to come because it's already too expensive to make good video games
>>
>>333282880
Why does she need to be naked for this VR device?
>>
>>333282880
Because having battery life in phones is bad
>>
>>333286808
Where have you been the last few years? Mobile technology is advancing at a much faster rate than PC because people prefer a phone or a tablet to a desktop or a laptop thus that's where the money is now. PC will soon become a workplace only device, if it isnt already. I mean most people I know don't even have a desktop or a laptop anymore but have a tablet.
>>
>>333287398
You can't be seriously productive with phones. My problem is if i use my 4k monitor, yes 3d modeling/animation is fantastic, but the UI become a tiny unusuable mess because of the resolution. But if i use DPI scaling, then all the UI elements become fucked up in random directions, making it equally as unusable. I just stick to using shortcuts when working on a 4k screen but i shouldn't have to. Fucking OSX can do high res monitors without issue, why cant windows?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.