[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It it any good /v/? On the fence.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Darkest_Dungeon_Logo.png (13 KB, 250x112) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_Dungeon_Logo.png
13 KB, 250x112
It it any good /v/? On the fence.
>>
File: 1445543313168.png (182 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1445543313168.png
182 KB, 442x341
>>333282632
It's very good.
>>
>>333282632
It's very good.
>>
>>333282632
If you like that sort of genre, it's exceptional. Though it IS frustrating (the good kind), if you shy away from it, maybe it's not for you

Also, if you like the narrator, he did audiobooks for a lot of Lovecraft books, look it up
>>
>>333282632
It's terrific
For the price, if you're on the fence, you really should try it.
>Prodigious size alone does not dissuade the sharpened blade!
>>
>>333282632
it was better before the patches.
>>
File: stress5.jpg (38 KB, 320x316) Image search: [Google]
stress5.jpg
38 KB, 320x316
>>333282632
>It it any good /v/? On the fence.
I like hit. I also havent beaten it yet.
After playing ~50 missions in the first few weeks I started only running 1-2 missions every other day.
It has replaced Hearthstone as my "play for 30 minutes once in a while" game.
>>
Very fun
>>
>>333282632
Very good.
VERY VERY repetitive
>>
>>333285463
good thing there are mods
>>
>>333285539
gief me some names pls. i want to play this game some more but im tired of the same classes, same maps, same abilities, same enemies.i want more fun shit to do in the town.
>>
>>333285463
The setting and overall feel of the game in terms of it's atmosphere and gameplay make it worth a go. But anon, are you willing to risk playing the long game?

How far will you go in order to reach the depths of the darkest dungeon and discover what happened to your ancestral lands?
>>
>>333285732
everybody's fucked anyway
welcome to horror
>>
>>333285627
Just check nexus. It has new classes, enemies, skins, you name it.
>>
>>333285883
To be frank, it's the first game i'd played in a long time that I felt legitimately compelled to try and complete.
>>
Did anybody try the Pitch Black Dungeon mod? How is it?
>>
>>333286447
Haven't played much, but the early game is way harder than the vanilla.
>>
>>333282632
God damn it, I really want to play this game, but it hasn't been on sale at all.
>>
I wish it wasn't ever in early access though. Played it over a year ago in EA and got tired of it. Played it a bit over time until release. When it was finally released I didn't feel like playing it because I had my fill.
>>
>>333286841

OP here yeah I just bit and bought it. This many replies in on /v/ and not one person has actually shit on it yet, must be a decent game at least.

Fuck it.
>>
If you like Fire Emblem/X-Com then it's pretty decent, borrows elements from roguelikes, traditional RPGs and so on.

It has a very few annoying gameplay decisions that can really be offputting at first but eventually you just learn to play around them and the game becomes pretty fun.

It's main issue is balancing meaningful consequences of bad decision making with the grind to get new heroes, especially since it really seems to like its bullshit crits to the point that it becomes artificially difficult. Literally every dangerous other element has its pros and cons but having your heroes just get gibbed for no reason is frankly not in the slightest bit excusable, it's literally shit game design and absolutely ruins game balance since 80% of possible strategies become redundant because if you can't dodge or heal crits, you are literally unable to play Champion dungeons.

Thankfully you can turn their damage down to something actually resembling sensible game balance, which I recommend for a first playthrough.

Other than that it's got great strategic gameplay, a nice atmosphere with good art and music, and if you really get into it, can basically absorb your attention for hours. It's a great time filler/distraction if you're waiting for DS3.
>>
>>333287192

It's still not done in terms of kickstarter goals. When you get back to playing in the future it will be almost a fresh experience.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.