[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did we never get a wave 2 of the super Mario line Amiibo's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1423839560-4918-card.jpg (98 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
1423839560-4918-card.jpg
98 KB, 768x431
Why did we never get a wave 2 of the super Mario line Amiibo's?

I have money just sitting ready for the classic Wario.
>>
>>333275732
You're the cancer killing Nintendo games.
>>
>>333275732
They realized that people only wanted to buy the Smash line up. The AC line being a massive flop while the company reorganizes after Iwata was probably the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>333276521
The ac line is selling fine, it's the game that's flopped.
>>
>>333276853
If by selling fine you mean being discounted to under $5 and still easy to find everywhere, then sure, it's doing fine.
>>
>>333276521

Mario and Shovel Knight sold well, with Bowser, Mario, and Toad selling more Amiibo than most of the Smash line (and when I say most, I mean more than thirty of them, not all of them except for two).

>>333276853

They both flopped. Nobody's buying the AC Amiibo and you can regularly get them for $6 or less because they just won't sell. This is entirely Nintendo's fault for not coming out with a full-fledged AC title to compliment them and their terrible bundling packages that deters people from buying them (For every person who was willing to pay $40 for K. K. Slider, there were 30 people who wanted him but never bothered).

You can actually get the K. K. Slider bundle for $15 right now because they're so desperate to unload them. The entire AC line was a bust. People aren't even buying them for the two games they work with because the AC card line includes every character and is significantly cheaper.

>>333275732

Nintendo didn't realize how successful Amiibo would be at the time and didn't consider it. It's now too late, unless they release another Super Mario spinoff that uses Amiibo (that isn't just a cheap and shitty budget title, like that Mario vs DK game coming to the 3DS).
>>
>>333276979
Oh so the flop is in America. Then they are a flop.
>>
>>333277202
That Mario vs DK game coming out on 3DS and Wii U is free. It's literally just an enticement to go buy overstocked amiibo, but only from the Super Mario line. (Or give them more use so you feel like you didn't waste money.) If the bubble didn't burst I could have seen that as a way to finish the line up, but now who knows?

>>333277240
Are you implying the rest of the world even cared about Amiibo as much? Europe was always mildly into it, but never hard to find them. Japan was only ever under supply issues when scalping got out of hand. Not that I haven't seen sales in other regions either, showing even they have too many peg warmers.
>>
>>333277202
Yeah I imported K.K.

Literally whos llamas can go eat a dick.

I still want that wario and dong.
>>
>>333279091
>Literally whos llamas

Everyone loves Reese and Cyrus, they were the second and third most popular characters after Isabelle's debut in New Leaf.

The problem is their popularity ends outside of the fact that they're alpacas, and being a cute species alone isn't enough to push sales of physical merchandise. People are only going to buy franchise-old characters like K. K. Slider, Blathers, Tortimor, and Isabelle just because everyone fucking loves Isabelle so damn much.

And then one or two people will buy their favourite villagers. Nintendo was smart in not making Amiibo figures of any villager animals because their market would be retardedly niche.
>>
File: 1458057446636.png (858 KB, 734x804) Image search: [Google]
1458057446636.png
858 KB, 734x804
>>333275732
So do any of you collect Amiibo?
>>
File: Amiibo Shelf November 19th.png (2 MB, 1200x1416) Image search: [Google]
Amiibo Shelf November 19th.png
2 MB, 1200x1416
>>333281375

Too many, and this photo is out of date.

The only Animal Crossing Amiibo I bought was Resetti.
>>
File: Amiibo April 2016.jpg (384 KB, 1426x1901) Image search: [Google]
Amiibo April 2016.jpg
384 KB, 1426x1901
>>333281750

Not shown;

MIB Villager
MIB Captain Falcon
MIB Ness
Shovel Knight
Friend's MIB Dr. Mario

I want to customize Zelda into Princess Hilda.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.