[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Telltale Game of Thrones game any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Is the Telltale Game of Thrones game any good?
>>
File: old.jpg (53 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
53 KB, 620x349
>>333272873

No

Episodic games with "your choices matter" are never good
>>
>>333272873
It's fine if you're a big ASoIaF fan. The whole story is about a minor house that doesn't appear in the source material which can't affect the real plot for obvious reasons. The Game of Thrones actors do some voices, which is cool. The story is alright, but not as good as, say, Telltale Walking Dead.

My copy was glitchy as fuck though. There was a scene where a guy got in a fight and I couldn't tell how hurt he was because the game stopped rendering his face.
>>
>>333272873
Mediocre as FUCK
>>
>>333273016
This guy is 100% on the mark.
>>
>>333272873
It's ok if you're a Telltale/ASoIaF fan. Other than that, it's not that great. Definitely worse then Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, and Tales from the Borderlands.
>>
>>333273016
Zero Escape series does what Telltale should be able to do. Actual branching paths and multiple endings that are actually different with a small number of "good" endings.
>>
>>333273016
The Wolf Among Us was pretty dope.
>>
>>333273016
FPBP
>>
it's really whatever

I got super upset that I couldn't just be a good little handmaiden and was forced to rock the boat, which I never got over until the end of the game

all kidding aside it has some problems but if you enjoy got you will probably find it at least worth playing
>>
File: 1002453205107.jpg (293 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1002453205107.jpg
293 KB, 1440x1080
>>333272873

It's not as good as the other telltale games if thats what you like, all of your choices go down the same path.

Sometimes theres a fork in the road but you end up at the exact same location. This takes away from the other games.
>>
>>333273793

No choices have any consequence apart from slightly different dialogue.

Killing one of those fat dwarfs or ripping a arm off doesn't make any future segments easier or harder just one different line.

Even the last fucking choice which you could argue has an impact on the world... happens in the last 5 minutes of the game like EVERY OTHER telltale game.
>>
>>333273016
Borderlands was pretty sweet, and it did handle choices really well.
Fucking seriously TT, just do Borderlands season 2, nobody cares about TWD anymore
>>
File: are you a wizard.png (531 KB, 492x638) Image search: [Google]
are you a wizard.png
531 KB, 492x638
>>333274103
>mfw the Telltale Borderlands game was better than the actual Borderlands games
>>
It's shit, like pretty much all telltale games
>>
File: AlphaMale.jpg (63 KB, 903x600) Image search: [Google]
AlphaMale.jpg
63 KB, 903x600
>>333274193
>>333274103

Hahaha very funny

Now take it back
>>
Not really they fucked up a lot of the characters

Still excited for Batman even though it probably won't be good
>>
>>333273771
Stop your shilling. The zero escape games are visual novels.
>>
>>333273534
>>333272873
It was entertaining. Nothing really to write home about.

My copy on the last episode fucked up my previous choices and it took about 2 hours of messing with the files to fix them back.

Telltale's only advise for me was that I should have created an account with them and cloud saved or something.
>>
>>333274315
>Burch was brought in to write some parts for Tales
>They were literally the worst parts
fucking kek
>>
>>333274016
You need to get over the "choices don't matter". Oh no, Telltale said they did and they don't! That means I can't enjoy the game now!

Jesus dude.
>>
>>333274103
I'd like a TWD 3, but I don't want Clementine to be the main character. She can make an appearance in one episode.
>>
>>333274357
Yea not really shilling when the third one is not going to be. It's going to be just like a Telltale game but with real puzzles and choices. You could remake the other two in the same vein (in other words, with animated scenes) as the third if you had the funding, Spike Chunsoft just doesn't/didn't. The second one already had 3D environments and models. Obviously animating is time consuming but the point is that Telltale's issue is one of design.

Telltale's games are large properties with fairly high budgets now. They have no excuse. Design the games better and create actual branching paths. As >>333274016 said, every ending choice is made in the last 5 min of every Telltale game.
>>
i'm playing wolf among us right now and it's fucking F U N
>>
>>333274357
>shilling
I highly doubt he works for an obscure Japanese developer whose games are already popular on this board. In which case, you care using this word incorrectly. It does not mean "when people talk about games I don't want to hear about anymore".
>>
>>333274359
>Nothing really to write home about.
use your words not slogans man
>>
>>333272873
You know how people hate telltale games for the decisions having no meaning?

GoT is the epitome of this concept by adding that no matter what decision you pick, they make it look like you picked poorly.
>>
>>333273771
Lots of visual novels do that anon

haven't played many but they're around probably
>>
>>333275363
I'm aware but as I pointed out in another post Zero Time Dilemma is going to be a Telltale game done right. Animated scenes where you make decisions that actually branch the path and lead to different endings separated by actual puzzles.

Telltale basically makes animated visual novels in terms of their gameplay. You can argue that they sacrifice story size and choice branches for the animated scenes but now ZTD is going to have both.
>>
playing as the girl in kings landing was the worst

>respect margaery's request and say whatever I can to please the queen
>margaery gets mad at me for it
>make a point to margaery that my mother is desperate
>with absolutely no tact the character throws her mother under the bus and distances herself from it
>resolve to be a better handmaiden and stay on the straight and narrow since nothing has worked so far and it's pretty clear that the character has no idea what's she's doing, fucking everything up
>game forces me to crash a party and fuck my own shit up even more
>>
>>333272873
I would avoid it especially if you're a AoIaF fan, if you're really desperate just search it on youtube
>>
>>333274381
What parts did he write
>>
>>333276386
Your choices matter!
>>
>>333276386
At a certain point I just said fuck it. Iron from ice.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.