[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we will never have early 2000s racing games again Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: gfs_60476_2_1.jpg (69 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gfs_60476_2_1.jpg
69 KB, 800x600
>we will never have early 2000s racing games again

Which one was your favorite?

Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJDhFRDx9M
>>
NFSU1
https://youtu.be/sbboXrkZ6S0?t=39s
>>
>>333266515

I liked Flatout 1 and 2.

NFSU2 was great fun too, though I haven't played that in years. Does it still hold up today? I really NFS High Stakes being great as well.
>>
>>333266798
Still awesome. Drag races and the soundtrack are great
>>
>>333267316

So it's aged well? I was worried because sometimes EA games turn out to have aged terribly.

It's good to know, I might replay it sometime.
>>
>>333267404
I would say most wanted 2005 has aged a lot better if that is your concern
>>
Fav game and car thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5iSzWrZHZA&feature=youtu.be&t=14

NFS Carbon

Golf R32, owned one so loved using it ingame.
>>
>>333267490

I never played Most Wanted. What was it like?

I have Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed, High Stakes and Underground 2 in my backlog, all on PC.

I am interested in Hot Pursuit 2 as well but remember hearing the PC version was very different to console so not sure which one to get. I played Underground 1 already and it's not as good as 2, and NFS2 is aged pretty bad. I actually played the very first The Need for Speed game on PS1 as a kid too, but can barely remember it. I have High Stakes on PS1 but I wanted to try PC version.

What type of NFS was Most Wanted? For some reason I stopped playing after Underground 2, I also never got to finish it for some reason, I think my PC broke or something, which is why I want to replay it.
>>
>>333268129
It was a bit more niggerish
>>
>>333267935
NFS ProStreet
RX-7

>>333268129
Looks like somebody shat and pissed all over the screen if you have Visual Treatment enabled.
Other than that, it's NFSU2 with cops and less customization.
>>
>>333266798
i was gonna say "what the hell those meme have to do with racing games"

then i learn how to be patient more.
>>
Gran Turismo 1 is the racing game with the elder god tier atmosphere and gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTxKyhntay4
>>
>back when NFS:U2 was the hot shit
>you and your friends ate that shit up totally
>have a LAN with 7 of your friends
>play NFS:U2 for hours in LAN (yes this was when you could play over lan with pirated games)
>get mad at that others guys civic being better than your skyline

Good times, fuck I miss it,
>>
>>333268958

Why cant Gran Turismo have anything other than laughable engine sounds?

Not giving shit to the PS1 games here, but 4/5 and especially 6. Compared to NFS/Dirt etc it is a joke and loses a lot of atmosphere.
>>
>>333269209
>>yes this was when you could play over lan with pirated games
>what is hamachi
>>
>>333268958
Superior game coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MgjgAjnx6E
>>
File: 52124_front.jpg (159 KB, 640x915) Image search: [Google]
52124_front.jpg
159 KB, 640x915
This and Extreme Stage are some of my favorite racing games of all time. I would buy a PS4 in a heartbeat if they made another arcade port.
>>
>>333269717
I think you missed the point.
>>
>>333270398
i think i haven't i just replied like a dumb idiot without thinking
probably should have corrected myself
sorry
>>
TO THE WINDOOOOOOW
TO THE WALLLL
>>
I liked NFSU1 and tired to get into Gran Turismo but I just sucked at it. Did all the licensing shit and kept loosing in the races.
Would i like NSFU2? I never liked the idea of the open area thingy, or can you teleport?
>>
>>333268129
I found Most Wanted to be crappy, have really shit handling even for an arcade and the game engine/graphics were weird as hell. I don't get the praise it gets.
>>
>>333269850
nah mate. nah.

gt1/2 have far better sense of grip than 3 and 4. 3 and 4 are literally hovercraft sims.
>>
>>333269283
Thats two main issues/flaws in GT series.

>lack of FAST
>lack of decent engine sounds

600hp toyota supra sounds like a fucking lawn mower.
>>
>>333269717
I never managed to get UG2 to work via hamachi. I mean Hamachi did it's job, but we were never able to properly set up a game, not even with tunngle i think.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 280x180
RIDERS ON THE STORM
>>
>>333270559
You can open up the map and just mouse click the races you want to do. Those you will see that free roam has a very comfy atmosphere.

Make sure to look into texture overhaul and HUD widescreen fix for NFSU2.
>>
>>333270559
You can't teleport I think i really loved the open area gameplay in UG2 and the lack of it in ug1 made the game boring to me
>>
>>333270825
Do I get PS2 and eumlate or is there a pc version?
>>
>>333270864
lel
>>
>>333270864
PC, dear god. PS2 version runs at 20fps.
>>
>>333270864
Just use the PC version
>>
I'm still sad Burnout is long dead. I Spent hours and hours on 3 and Revenge.
Just give me an HD collection already EA, you cunts.
>>
File: Burnout_Paradise_Boxart_2.jpg (92 KB, 350x445) Image search: [Google]
Burnout_Paradise_Boxart_2.jpg
92 KB, 350x445
HEY YOU
I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND
NO WAY
I THINK YOU NEED A NEW ONE
>>
>>333271298
Wrong game faggot
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.