[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is EVE worth getting into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 21
File: header.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Is EVE worth getting into?
>>
>>333264543
No.
>>
If you're autistic and like games with no actual gameplay while being perpetually behind anyone who has played for years yes.
>>
No, you are too late.
>>
Only if you're okay with probably not getting anywhere near where you want and enjoy ambient music while warping between jumpgates.
>>
>>333264543
If you have an hour or two free most evenings and it's the only thing you really play.

You've got to invest time to get the most out of it, but if I could only ever play ONE game for the rest of my life this'd be it.
>>
>5 posts in
>no ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

come on /v/
>>
File: 1420225001937.jpg (423 KB, 1200x1120) Image search: [Google]
1420225001937.jpg
423 KB, 1200x1120
Maybe if you started 7 years ago
>>
>>333264703
lemao de fuken excel simlater
let us meme the H*CK out of this universe broski
>>
>>333264703
nice meme, upvoted.
>>
>>333264543
Remember to pay the fees or get raped by the russians who dominate this shit game.
:^)
>>
It really isn't. I've played it for about 2 and a half years and after the 1st one it felt more like a chore than a game.

Progress is also very slow even with the offline training of skills. After 6 months your character is still useless, while in a normal MMO after 6 months with 2 hours of play a day you can make a maxed out character and actually enjoy the end-game content.
>>
>>333264703
ALERT!

[Shill detected]

ALERT!
>>
>>333264543
Joining EVE online at this point in time is the equivalent of being born on earth during the 2000's - everything that's worth anything is already taken and you'll be a wage slave forever
>>
if you have a time machine capable of going to 2004 it is, if not then you are too late
>>
File: 1400526579369.png (7 KB, 408x286) Image search: [Google]
1400526579369.png
7 KB, 408x286
Haven't played since the BoB war. Got plenty of SP and ISK. Is it worth getting back in? I keep getting urges, but I feel it's wisest to resist.
>>
You need to immediately find a corporation to join and start interacting with people, otherwise you will burn out in 2 weeks.

Don't do mining.

Make sure you get a referral from someone that will give you the bulk if not all of the bonuses from it. You will have cash for a while to waste on low end ships.
>>
me too i felt some urge to do some trading and production in eve... it was so fun :'(
>>
>>333266729
It's each to their own. Don't rule out mining
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-05+at+08.34.21).jpg (64 KB, 576x841) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-05+at+08.34.21).jpg
64 KB, 576x841
>>333266729
This guy gets it

Otherwise you're years too late for fun.

Pic related playing right now.
>>
>>333266729

>Don't do mining

Why do you way that? I know it can be mind-numbingly boring, but a lot of people like it. Try everything and find out what you like best
>>
>>333266810
I've had at least half a dozen friends I've tried to drag into the game and every single one fell into the mining meme, subsequently burning out weeks after.

There is nothing to mining, you just sit and afk. If you absolutely must do it, at least train up to make it exciting by jumping around low/null for rarer stuff/gas/ice.
>>
>>333264543
Nope. Go play literally any other space game instead
>>
>>333266916
Nah mining really is only worthwhile during large ops to get those sweet mining bonuses. Bonus points for w-space or null sec ops.
>>
>>333267012

>worthwhile

Some people enjoy the tedium and even find it relaxing. No reason to discourage it
>>
>>333266916
Mining is fine down the road but it's often been a trap for newbies because it's something you can do immediately to start earning money.

If you want to try mining, I would still advocate to find a corp first and get your feet wet into the community. Most notable corps have mining ops which are 100x more fun than doing it alone.
>>
>>333266949
>>333266810
>>333266729
have they made it any less painful to maintain a spread of jump clones

just have a clone with a barge somewhere safe and fight and kill shit in dangerous places with another clone
>>
>>333264746
He can spend money to catch up. Skill Injectors and all. Selling Plexes too.
That's a good bit of money though, catchin up on seven years isn't easy.
>>
If you enjoy not playing video games. You click a few buttons and everything else is automatic, fun.
>>
>>333267331
ah the EVE memes are here

next someone who's never touched the game should call it a spreadsheet simulator
>>
File: 1404687672926.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1404687672926.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
Last time i played my Caldari Navy Raven had no missile hardpoints and all the missiles exited from the center of the ship

frankly im thinking about resubbing solely so i could finally see all the improvements in that regard
>>
>>333267520
holy shit how many years has it been for you actually?

You should definitely come back, the game has had record online numbers lately due to the war going on. If you want to get into PVP there has never been a better time.
>>
>>333267720
honestly i have no idea on an exact year
probably around the last election cycle

i thought average pop numbers were dropping
>>
>>333267846
They were a few months ago but that's honestly just the cycle of the game.

Online numbers have been reaching into 40k recently.
>>
I stopped playing after 2 years when my stealth bomber became obsolete.

Sold my account.
>>
File: Rhea_Confessor_2048x1536.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Rhea_Confessor_2048x1536.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Classic /v/ EVE thread.

>hey is this good
>30 replies of people who never played it repeating something they've heard
>1 person saying yes it's good

Just try a trial to see if you like it. It's not for everyone, and a lot of the people who shit on it fail to understand it's not an action sim. It's an RPG and doesn't pretend not to be.
>>
>>333268191
p much what this guys says.

If you can get past the initial shock of it being a slow paced game then you'll be grand
>>
>>333267964
They're still pretty useful, I solo w-space in my hound and find a few lone targets to deliver torpedoes to.

If anything stealth bombers are one of the most fun things to play, especially in fleets that just alpha poor souls.
>>
>>333268191
So is it all about social interactions?
>>
File: free.gif (2 MB, 350x253) Image search: [Google]
free.gif
2 MB, 350x253
Stop the memes find out for yourself.

Post email get invite, I'll even share the PLEX with you.
>>
>>333264543
From what I heard, no
You'll pretty much be boxed out by all the crafty vetters
>>
>>333268375
They were the most fun to play, but repeated nerfs in the whole bomber class as a whole made me pull out.

They really heavily favoured long fights and not precision alpha strikes.
>>
>>333268542
don't blame you at all, CCP caters to care bears and null babies, I expect them to hit us with another nerf in the near future.

I'll be bombing them all for as long as I can.
>>
>>333266729
>Don't do mining.
Why is that? I don't really have problem with mining in fact that's how I start out and still doing it daily while waiting for my skills to train.
>>
>>333268964
It's probably the lowest isk/time conversion you can do. Safest and steadiest, but lowest.

Even with a few mil saved up you can fit a bunch of cheap exploration ships and multiply that very quickly, and have fun and excitement at the same time.
>>
>>333269135
Exploration is way too random.
You can either hit a jackpot, or go 10 hops without a single scannable site.
>>
>>333269135
>fit a bunch of cheap exploration ships and multiply that very quickly

Please continue
>>
>>333264543
Its an amazing game but too time consuming, not worth it imo. Played it for like 6 months around the time Incarna came out, and there were the Occupy Jita protests. Recently tried to get back into it, fell asleep after a few days.
>>
>>333269480
>find cheap exploration fit
>train exploration skills
>jump into null and start looking

Exploration isn't that hard and it can really teach a new player skills that will keep them alive in other aspects of the game, like dscanning, learning wormholes, and knowing how to get around null safely.

As >>333269226 said it CAN be random but to me that's part of the excitement to it, that you're looking for that next site that hits jackpot. And if you stay devoted you WILL average out better than mining.
>>
>>333270085
>buy a stealth recon
>equip sister's launcher and probes
>decide to try scanning in low
>warp through systems, scanning and looting
>warp into another system
>1 guy in local, cant scan him anywhere
>fuck it
>scan and warp to a site, 30secs later he warps in
>try to run, spaghetti falls out of my cargo
>he kills me
And that's how I gave up scanning. I knew it was 100% my mistake, and I felt like shit because of it.
>>
>>333270440
Go find a WH that dumps into null somewhere.

That shit happens though, and people will actively go out and find explorers to kill.

Gotta keep that dscan up.
>>
>>333269480

Find a low traffic lowsec area with good relic and data sites (Sansha, Angel, Serpentis(?), whichever drops armor plates and capacitor console)

Learn the basics of scanning and hacking and go explore. The rewards are much higher in lowsec but the risk should be tolerable for a newer player with some isk saved up. Just got to learn the basics of how not to get caught, use local, D-scan, cloaks, safe spots.

A cheap exploration ship is maybe 5Mil and you can easily recoup the cost in one site. Of course loot is all RNG so you can make 100M or a couple mil in one trip.
>>
>>333264543
no
>>
>>333264625
>no actual gameplay
Inaccurate and awful.

There's a really low amount of decent judgment about the game. It's P2W, but it's still the most OG.
>>
>not ninja huffing in a venture to start with
haven't played in years but it's about 7mil~ to fit and you haul back 55+ for little effort
>>
EVE is an incredible game and a terrible game at the same time.
>>
It's the most interesting boring game.

No game was ever had so much freedom. It's so free that the lore and history is basically written entirely by player actions. The events of the game could be turned into sci-fi novels and space opera shows.

However, most of that happens offscreen and the ramifications of a huge war aren't directly visible, since they're mostly just in numbers.
>>
>>333271393
There is no comfier feeling than autopiloting the high sec Jita-Dodixie route and watching other truckers go about their business.
Bonus points if you manage to warp at the same time as one of them.
>>
>>333264543
Hell fucking no. Youre a decade too late.
>>
File: 8ve.gif (3 KB, 76x101) Image search: [Google]
8ve.gif
3 KB, 76x101
anyone in this thread that has said:

>"you're too late"
>"you'll never catch up"

are not just plebs in EVE, they're plebs in gaming as a whole, unable to see past "who has the most X", "who has the best X"

instead of just having fun, or being creative and making a name for themself in another way, they'll sit around and cry about how they dont have the most skillpoints

i can guarantee that these people are pve miner plebs in eve who are too scared to go into lowsec, let alone do any actual pvp, because if they did some real pvp, theyd know that having more sp doesnt mean shit, its all about experience and tactics
>>
>>333272167
>making a name for yourself

Literally the only one who made a name for himself is Mittens
>>
>>333272256
is he the guy that made the Veldnaught
>>
>>333272328
If that guy ever quits, then eve will truly be dead.
>>
>>333272256
say the name "james 315" in almost any system in-game, or in any thread on the official forums, and youre guaranteed tears and bleating
>>
These threads always feel like people are just bunching up together finding reasons not to play, simply because most opinions here would not be posted by people who had even a month worth of subscription.
>>
>>333272675
Or maybe its because fundamentally its a flawed game

Doesnt help the community is absolute ass as well.
>>
>>333272167
>its all about experience and tactics
So you're saying that late comers can have an advantage because... they have more experience?
>>
>Its a sandbox MMO, one where a player run economy is a fundamental feature to the game
>PLEX
This is inexcusable to me, and entirely P2W in my eyes.
>>
>>333272627
>>333272256
>>333272328
>>333272508
For those of us who don't play, can you summarize who these people are and why they're important?
>>
>>333272328
That's Chiribba. Coincidentally, he's literally the polar opposite of Mittens as far as e-cred goes.
>>
>>333272957
The Veldnaught is a massive sub-carrier capital ship that was re-purposed for the sole purpose of mining low-grade ore in newbie areas High-sec.

It's been there for literal years and almost serves as a living tourist attraction.
>>
>>333272675
I did 3 months, I liked it but you basically have to learn 2 games.

You have to learn how to play EVE first, then you have to learn how people play EVE, which is arguably the epitome of 'GIT GUD'.

It's good because everything that goes on is completely unique, it's its own world, and you have the potential to make an impact, however big or small it is. It's not what skills, ships or weapons you have, it's about how you play that counts.

What's bad is that it's slow as shit and groups have adapted to that. Null-Sec corps camping gates for the occasional kill, fleets roaming around home territory just to chase off the occasional hyena. Even exploration, which is probably the most fun way to learn survival solo involves so much waiting around and scouting just to be sure you won't get swatted.
>>
>>333272256

Did Molle kill himself or at least quit?
>>
I bought one of those fancy blockade runner space trucks.

Then I realized the trucking market is dead as shit and burned out when I had no money to spend on anything else.
>>
>>333272167
03 player here this guy is full of shit.

ccp removed all fun in 2008. You can technically catch up but the only realistic way of doing so is buying characters from former players who quit for good fucking reason.
>>
>>333273695

>ccp removed all fun in 2008

How so? I think that was the year I quit
>>
>>333274097
Privateer and nano nerf.
Highsec was really fucking fun and 0.0 was also not as fucking awful.
>>
>>333273647
I made some good isk doing prospective hauling.

Use eve-central trade tool and know which deals are lucrative and have a good route. It's pretty decent income for mild attention paid.

Blockade runners are really handy for PI and supplying a main character with ships and mods too.
>>
>>333274574
I wanted to ferry packages because I'm no economist but that market's all dead outside of the billion-isk-colleteral 6 gorrilion tons hauls. At least back when I played.

Can you get a cloak drive on a trial account? I really enjoyed skirting trought nullsec salvaging wrecks but I'm too cheap to pay 15 bucks for a month's subscription.
>>
>>333273647
get a webbing frigate and a freighter and do highsec curior contracts. Crazy money going from jita to amarr but the risk is just as crazy. 9 bill on collateral for three contracts to make 400mill with code casing you all the way.
>>
>>333274791
Nah courier contracts are pretty shit.

I'm not sure if modules are locked out of trials, but the cloaking skill is. I wish they'd remove those.
>>
>>333272167
>i can guarantee that these people are pve miner plebs in eve who are too scared to go into lowsec

Trial player here, when I went into lowsec I got shot down. If you suggest shit like that to newbies just so people like you have another target then this game should not be started by anyone new.
>>
>>333274890
You're risking 9 billion to make 400 million? A 4.5% return on your "investment"? That's just not right - you can get a better return with zero risk just by filling buy orders with items from different regions (I used to average 15 to 20% ROI)
>>
>>333276829
did you cry yourself to sleep because someone killed you?

did you rage quit the game?

ccp said that players who die during their trial are more likely to stay subscribed

you're the chaff, we dont want you in eve
>>
>>333277656

>players who die during their trial are more likely to stay subscribed

Well of course, how are they supposed to cancel
>>
>>333276829
Not him but I had the same experience like that you too. You can do shit like that only if you are in a corp that willing to back you up with insane isk.
>>
File: 514123.jpg (374 KB, 4284x1240) Image search: [Google]
514123.jpg
374 KB, 4284x1240
>>333268191
>>
>>333277656
The point isn't getting shot down but it's the amount of isk to replace the new ship and the equipment. Do you think new play have enough isk to replace ships after ships?
>>
Is there still an annual pvp tournament?
>>
>>333276913
The numbers werent exact. Like most shit in eve you can expect a 10% return on an investment. Also courier contracts are the most hardcore balls to the walls shit in the entie game. After years of playing thats the only thing that gets my heart beating.
>>
>>333277656
Are you also edgy like this in real life?
>>
>>333264543

It's basically a second job.

At first, you'll marvel at the novelty of everything. Then you want to make money, and then it starts becoming a second job.
>>
>>333278048
>Go to lowsec in your shit-tier fitted condor
>get BTFO
>lose like what, 3 mil?
>keep going
>>
>>333278048
Do you not get insurance?
>>
Spent around 2 years in total on it, not consecutive, always get bored because the gameplay is just not much fun. The concept and general idea is great, everything is unique and different from other games, but it really becomes a second job, everything takes so much time to do. The actual fun bits are drowned out by work and chore, I think the game forgets it's a game too much and it really becomes a waste of time. Simpliest example would be traveling - it is indeed realistic and adds to the scope of the game, but.... do you really want to spend 30 minutes on mindless 'right click-warp to' every 20 seconds for every two hours you play? You can forget about playing this for 3 hours a day, if you want to do anything serious you need to spend days on end. The game is demanding, but not in a way that makes it interesting, it's just a time sink.
I hate other grindy mmo's as well, but they at least allow you to jump in play, then quit whenever you like. In Eve, for everything you do you need to spend a lot of time to prepare, then you can't just quit in the middle of it, you will just lose stuff. Enjoy recieving a parcel while there's a fight going on. Sure, your party might get wiped in wow, but in eve you just now have to work instead of having fun to replace it.
>>
>>333270085
>>333269135

I started mining, but very quickly realised it's indeed boring as fuck.

I then did exploration, and it was fun for a while, but got burned out of that too. I did learn a lot of useful tricks (making safespots, properly using dscan, etc.) in just a few days though.

But exploration isn't all that great. I've spend literal hours in wormholes and nullsec, without finding anything worthwhile. Other times, I found shit worth 100mill in minutes.
>>
>>333278569
3 fucking mill are you serious? Those ships use to cost 30k. You could go out blap one rat and you would have more money than the ship is worth.
>>
File: t3_chans_by_tabnir-d5xctv8.jpg (839 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
t3_chans_by_tabnir-d5xctv8.jpg
839 KB, 1920x1080
>you will never fly a t3 cruiser
>>
>>333278853
im assuming he means cost of the hull + unshit fittings
>>
File: DyTOE.png (500 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
DyTOE.png
500 KB, 625x790
>>
File: 1432311381595.jpg (913 KB, 1200x873) Image search: [Google]
1432311381595.jpg
913 KB, 1200x873
WHICH SANSHA WUD U FUK?|?||
>>
>>333278569
>new player
Yeah I did forgot er in player.
How much isk do you think new player have even after doing all the career agents?
>>
>>333279245
that's me with the white hair
>>
File: dPXhUoT.gif (909 KB, 480x268) Image search: [Google]
dPXhUoT.gif
909 KB, 480x268
>>333279269
just create a thread on r/eve saying that youre new and went into lowsec and died, and you enjoyed it and want more, youll get 50+ fags sending you isk and by the end of the day youll be space rich

to the rest of you crybaby fucks, this gif is for you
>>
>>333279032
So how much is the hull? 300k? thats ten times the isk. How are new players meant to start from scratch? Going out and killing rats that i assume have the same 40k bounty from 2006. I mean you mined veld in an ibis in the starter system for an hour till you had 30k, got a condor and popped a few rats till you could get a harpy.

Also its a condor why would you fit something to its thats not shit? T2 mods are for nice things that are worth QQing over after they pop.
>>
>>333279269
Couple mil, easy. I could afford to replace my shitty freighter whenever it got blapped so replacing a fucking atron or a condor wouldn't be too costly either.
>>
File: 1400353281653.jpg (151 KB, 572x555) Image search: [Google]
1400353281653.jpg
151 KB, 572x555
>tfw you finish your corp's list of mandatory battleship skills and they give you your first BS for free
>>
>>333279269
Millions, multiple. Not to mention if they sell any of the dozens of ships you're given.
>>
>>333279562
You havent played in a while have you? You get 2 mining frigates (ventures) from the starter missions now, and plenty of other free t1 hulls.

The new player experience is a lot easier these days.

Also, never not fit t2 if you can afford it, it makes a difference.
>>
>>333279872

Proud of you breh.
>>
File: ccp eve forgot to scout.gif (1 MB, 240x162) Image search: [Google]
ccp eve forgot to scout.gif
1 MB, 240x162
when i started playing eve i died literally 30 minutes into the game

still playing 6 years later
>>
File: 1455125116173.png (194 KB, 382x597) Image search: [Google]
1455125116173.png
194 KB, 382x597
>>333264543
Depends on who you are. My friend started on a trial account then started cruising low sec after he subbed. After a few days he found a guy in a rookie ship and scanned him down, dude had 90 PLEX in his hull. My friend bluffed him into dropping half of it with nothing more than a lock on. He used that plex to get me and the others into the game. We fucked about and had some fun and later down the track he began to piss money up the wall on wtf fits until this happened.
https://www.themittani.com/news/alod-potentially-trolling-phantasm
The leader of the corp chewed him out, which pissed him off and lead to him doing this.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/47835031/
http://evenews24.com/2015/07/15/eveoganda-the-perils-of-open-recruitment/
To top it all off he managed to scam the pilot of the ship that killed him to buy his plex for around 700 bucks, plex he no longer had and as a result got banned.
All in all a pretty fun time.
>>
>>333279951
You are right I am way behind on this. I bet t2 has gone down in price as well. Still wouldnt put a module on a ship if it was worth more than the hull itself. Its a general rule i had but there were exeptions.
>>
File: 1458576907293.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458576907293.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
>>333279872

>tfw you lose it like a noob on your way out to 0.0
>>
>>333280515
>hey guys could someone scout me through lowsec to our staging system?

fucking silence
>>
>>333277656
>ccp said that players who die during their trial are more likely to stay subscribed
Oh, well in that case why not just drop newbies into lowsec?
>>
>>333279528
I'm one of the guy who r/eve gave some isk but come on my skin isn't that thick to keep asking for free isk. What about letting the new player learn to risk management?
>>
Whatever glory days it had were passed almost a decade ago. It's dead, and wasn't even good when alive.
>>
File: 1448840603790.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1448840603790.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>Join a C3 wormhole corp
>Corp gets folded into C6 corp
>get grandfathered into C6 despite not having T3 skills
>useless and running nothing but a pointer drake for months
>still earning ~2B isk per week just from farming rats for a half hour every few days
>Get bored because security is tight as fuck and scanning through to high sec was a pain in the ass
>Get to join in Dark Eldar style raids on Carebear shitters like CVA
>Have the most fun ever
>Stop playing a while due to life
>Too spaghetti to ask to come back to corp since requirements got upped
>Dont have the time to sink dealing with getting in and out of wormholes
>can't enjoy regular eve anymore because I dont rake in billions for nothing and dump on shiiters

I can't go back and it kills me. Never join wormhole corps, it will ruin the game for you.
>>
>>333281352
>Carebear shitters like CVA

Those guys are still fucking going? they still hold provi? They must be the only goup never to be pushed out of their little pocket of space.
>>
>>333281593
They have, they just wait till the holding corp gets bored and then re take it. They are the biggest autist carebare fucks in EVE and I will forever hate them for that.
>>
>>333281993
On a semi related note how is ushra'khan doing?
>>
who is james 315?
did he just kill high sec miners?
>>
>>333282568
He's a meme high sec mining gankers use to troll High sec shitters with.
>>
any goons here? they are the 'bad guys' of the current war
>>
File: lol.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>333282568

He would "bump" hi-sec miners which although annoying as all hell, is also legal.

You had to pay him a fee or he would continue to bumb, some would get furious and turn off safeties, he would then BTFO you.
>>
>>333282996

Goons are always the bad guys
>>
>>333264543
I like it.
>>
how similar is eve online to legend of the galactic heroes?
>>
>>333278948
are Amarr ships still bad? I mean they had a few good ones, but it was almost always preferable to fly something else? They are the best looking though.
>>
twitch dot tv/zarvoxtoral
This is a pretty comfy stream.
>>
No, its boring even in wormholes which are objectively the most fun places to live. Too much farming and not enough killing people
>>
>>333287142
>actually living in wormholes
>actually farming
>not going on roams
what the fuck are you doing?

that's like going fishing then bitching because there's nothing to do but fish while sitting on a boat in the middle of a lake
>>
>>333288048

>thinking you can roam forever without ever having to farm

farming is a fucking neccesity m8
>>
>>333288706
>it's too hard literally funding everything on my own
>i have to mine asteroids for rocks
>i have to process rocks to minerals
>i have to build my own ships and ammo
>i have to construct my own turrets and prop mods
>i have to do everything on my own because i'm an autistic fucknugget who dislikes socializing with other people and thus refuse to join an alliance
>why is the game so dull?
gee, iono anon, i'm having a blast
>>
>>333289005

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore
>>
I have been thinking of trying this out. Is there a way to do crimes like be a pirate or just piss people off to pay for my antics?
>>
>>333290730
yes. post email receive extended trial.
>>
>>333291078
Can you use it via Steam or an outside download from their website?
>>
>>333291485
Don't use Steam, it fucks with certain in game services like API's
>>
>>333291485
You can use steam but you shouldn't
>>
>>333282568
James315 is the ultimate spy, ruse master, ganker, what ever
>>
You *will* initially be discouraged because the world is so huge and there is so much to do and so many people to envious of. If you stick it out, find a good corp, and find a niche like space-trucking or station trading, the fun you have will pay out the more time you put in
>>
>>333291078
I'd rather not post my email on here. Maybe send the link via steam?
>>
>>333292150
post steam ID then lol
>>
>>333291776
If your name is known, you are one terrible fucking spy m8
>>
>>333292150
just create a temporary email account you goobergater
>>
>>333292023
This

Things NOT to do

Don't get sucked into missions excessively, some 50% of players that stick with EVE do nothing but missions (quests), less than 10% actually take it upon themselves and go to low or null.

Don't mine minerals, its awful and boring.

Don't give up when you die because you can just get back up again really easy

don't fly anything you can't afford

>>333292209
James315 is his "main character" he builds and uses alternate characters and accounts for his spying

James315 became reknown for his ganking and highsec fuckery with casuals pouring anger and salt all over him its hilarious.
>>
>>333292191
Just look up Buttonz on steam should be the first one.
>>
>>333270909
Well I'm guessing it was a lame figure of speech.

More like "no actual gameplay when compared with other popular MMOs" is what he actually meant. And considering the gameplay of "other popular MMOs", it might give the hesitating player the idea of what to expect.

The only "original" aspect about the gameplay is the working player economy spinning-off, dependent of the economy: the politic (which is mostly epeen flashing). The "Piloting a Space ship" part of EvE is what would be called "gameplay" in most games. It consists on jumping to the next gate or automatically orbiting something at optimal range while you auto attack. It has more to it when it comes to fleet battles as well as utility equipment and ships for those but the involvement in the battle never truly change.

What most people call original about EvE could easily fit into a browser game. The rest is either extremely simple and boring or excruciatingly long and boring.
>>
File: buttonz.jpg (46 KB, 938x281) Image search: [Google]
buttonz.jpg
46 KB, 938x281
>>333292608
My little pony or Undertale, pick your poison.
>>
>>333293235
Pony.
>>
>>333293235
Nigger look at the aliasses.

If you can't pick the right one then you haven't been on this site long enough.
>>
>>333292909
>It (piloting) consists on jumping to the next gate or automatically orbiting something at optimal range while you auto attack

spoken like a true pvp virgin. what perverse pleasure do you gain from posing opinions about games you haven't played?
>>
>>333293558
> If you can't pick the right one then you haven't been on this site long enough.

meanwhile
>>333292608
> should be the first one
>>
unless you have unlimited money the answer is always no
>>
I recently resubbed after 3 years or so away, only had around 6 mil skill points. So i used 4 skill injectors to train about 30 days worth of training and got to around 8 mil skill points. Still can't fly the PVP ship i want so have to wait even more days for that, and then there is the fact that there are other things i need to train for as well. And that's really my problem with the game, all the fucking training and then you need to train even more because you forgot about some skills.

Right now i am in a null sec corp and kill bots at sites to earn some isk, but the profit ain't too great because it takes a long time because of my shitty drones. So guess i have to train even more to get better ones.

Thanks for reading my blog post, but point is that if you want to have fun except to train for quite some time to have it. It's almost like i am considering, even if i stop playing again - To just continue training skills and skills because otherwise i'll regret it two years down the line when i try to play again and could have finished training some great ships.
>>
>>333293762
That was my mistake. It showed up first on mine so I assumed it was that was for others.
>>
>>333293925
Also i was also thinking about how nothing have really changed since i last played in 2013 gameplay wise. With all the upcoming games i wonder why no other space dev have tried doing the same as CCP with eve online? Imagine eve online with actual ship combat ala the one we've seen in elite or star citizen?
>>
no the only appeal is being strung along the skinner box or promises of content that will not pan out

the moment you say "i want to do *x*, but that will have to wait until after *y*..." you should quit
>>
>>333295665
>this somewhat
At least in other MMOs you know it will take time but you can also reach lvl 60 and have fun things without having to wait several months
>>
>>333295819
>At least in other MMOs
anon, those are scams too
>>
>>333295906
I don't know. I play swtor and can reach 60 somewhat quick, do pvp get nice gear somewhat quick, and not be less much less equal than a guy that started 3 years ago.
>>
>>333292909
>automatically orbiting something at optimal range while you auto attack
Can oversimplify, but..

Does it honestly seem like that's true? Ships just show up and click a button and watch? It's actually a lot like an ARPG.. clicking in space and going that direction, with the same piloting manuevers as standard flying.
>>
>>333296074
>Ships just show up and click a button and watch?
in very large battles yes, that is the whole eve experience in a nutshell.

For small gangs and solo pvp things are quite different.
>>
>>333296342
Prove that's true, then, and that they're at no disadvantage.
>>
Well i don't think there are other MMOs getting books written about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkYqWn3HSQ
>>
>>333296413
I have honestly no idea what you're talking about
>>
File: 1459214373106.png (148 KB, 467x399) Image search: [Google]
1459214373106.png
148 KB, 467x399
Its like my favorite game. Been playing like 8 or 9 years now.

But its not for everyone, and you need social skills unlike most anons here.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.