[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: civilization-v-cover.jpg (138 KB, 630x880) Image search: [Google]
civilization-v-cover.jpg
138 KB, 630x880
Is it wrong for me to say that trying to go for a science victory on anything pass level 6 difficulty is near impossible to win unless you're playing Korea? Seems like really bad planning when only one civ has any benefits to science.
>>
git gud
>>
>>333259765
first of all
Git gud, I know it's possible
Second, I wouldn't know how
I disable all victories except culture and domination
I love conquering shit with stealth bombers, but the space race always descends in just rushing that shit instead of having fun with nukes
>>
>>333259765

Science is always the easiest victory path no matter which civ you choose. Korea is completely OP. Also, it's not the only civ with a science boost.
>>
>>333259765
babylon is arguably a better science civ than korea
>>
Science victory is achieved by population spamming to hell and back. Coincidentally, the best civ at reaching it is the Netherlands, who, tit for tat, gets more science than any other civ because of the fuckhuge populations supported by several tiles of +5 to +8 food production.

Yeah, Korea has a science boost, but a 20 population Korean city < a 50 population Dutch city.
>>
>>333260680
Go home, Nebuchadnezzar, you're drunk
>>
>>333260680
Worse start bias and science gain, but far superior in multiplayer because they can actually defend themselves adequately. Korea isn't considered top tier anymore because if Korea is in the game, they get bumrekt before they can get to the Medieval era.

Most OP multiplayer civs are the English, Chinese, Dutch, Polish, (potentially Spanish as the most broken), Incans, and Mayans. Coincidentally, all of them, except for the English and Mayans, are good at winning level 7+ AI games because their uniques are distinctly powerful.
>>
>>333260965
how do you feel about russia
>>
>>333261086
Potentially really strong if you start in an isolated area/remove some seats. Russia needs room to expand to steal all those strategic resources. If you can nab 8/10ths of the world's Uranium, you can essentially dictate who wins wars by selling your Uranium to your allies.

Their other unique isn't that good, and tundra start bias can be nasty if you don't reset, but otherwise, they're pretty damn good. They're generally a threat because of their ability to play like a wide empire while still being tall.
>>
who here /waiting for BNW and G&K to finally hit $5 each on sale/

always 7.50, never lower yet
>>
Every victory is easy if you're playing Venice or if you're facing Gandhi in a one v one.
>>
Is Korea going honor a good way to go? I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like you get to spam great generals who provide science +2.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.