[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys like games anymore? I've been on a search for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: 423462-nujabes.jpg (902 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
423462-nujabes.jpg
902 KB, 1920x1080
Do you guys like games anymore? I've been on a search for a good game that I get some enjoyment out of lately but I've yet to really find anything. Granted, I am clinically depressed but I feel like there should at least be a few games that are fun. I find myself mostly just playing games like Skate or Grand Theft Auto and just aimlessly wandering around, not really doing anything of importance. I have a hard time finding the motivation to progress through the story of any game. Any recommendations?
>>
File: 1455453865618.jpg (659 KB, 1392x720) Image search: [Google]
1455453865618.jpg
659 KB, 1392x720
>>333259379
One of the Souls games?

Or maybe a (non-competitive) multiplayer game for "human" contact if you're depressed and locked yourself up
>>
Personally I'm having a fucking blast with Trillion: God of Destruction. Of course, that's partly because I am an unrepentant weeaboo waifufag.

If you're doing fuck all in games, maybe get a game where doing fuck all is kinda the point? You know, like Goat Simulator. It's stupid and silly and you basically just do whatever you feel like doing.

Play some games with friends if you can. Or at least something online, that might help? Maybe something co-operative instead of competitive to avoid people shouting racist shit at you.

Or maybe just play something cute and happy? Personally I'm quite fond of "Forward to the Sky". That shit is just adorableness from start to end.
>>
>>333259575
I have been interested in the Souls series, only problem is right now I'm stuck with my laptop and that's the only thing I can game on. I tried playing on a private WoW server but vanilla was pretty boring to me and I could never get past level 6 before getting bored.
>>
I'm depressed too. I was miserable last night for a while, until I found something to distract me from my misery.
I decided I was gonna play a game that involves time control, so I spent the rest of the night playing Bayonetta, trying to finish it in under three hours to unlock the bangle of time accessory. I was exhausted at the end of it, but I felt a bit better.
>>
>>333259379
No, and it's not because games have gotten worse, but I've gotten older.
>>
>>333259379
>I find myself mostly just playing games like Skate or Grand Theft Auto and just aimlessly wandering around, not really doing anything of importance.

Why is this a problem? It's a game, not a job. You shouldn't have to progress through some shitty story if you don't want to. Sounds like you need a good goof off game.
>>
>>333259379
Huniecam.
>>
>>333259915
Because I'm not even having fun, I just do it because it's what I'm used to. I know that probably doesn't make any sense but whenever I play games like that I'm not using my mind at all it seems.
>>
I've found that going back looking at classics from the NES and SNES era that you haven't played helps a lot. I'd personally recommend Shatterhand.
>>
>>333259379
No. Most games are absolutely terrible unless you are simple child with no taste who still likes macaroni n cheese and basgetti ohs xD

That's not to say that games don't have the potential to be good, but very, very few are.

A game is really only as good as its weakest element, and most games these days try everything and completely shit the bed on everything.

Writing--Cringeworthy Intersectional Feminist Hambeast Bullshit or Programmer-Story Cringeworthy Bullshit
Gameplay--Casualified Dumbified Shallow Safe Trash
Graphics--Muh Realism or Muh WoWtoon
Music--Generic Orchestral shit or "An Awesome Soundtrack by Renowned Game Composer Wacky Willy" that is just pleasant but doesn't interweave with the gameplay

It's just a giant fail festival. Games have yet to get their shit together.
>>
>>333259379
>nujabes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333259379

Ace Combat 04.
>>
>>333259379

I can relate to just playing Grand Theft Auto and aimlessly wandering around. Its kind of fun just driving around or doing things around the map, when I don't know of another game to play.
>>
>>333260112
Actually, AC5 is one of my most favorite games. I don't own a PS2 anymore, though.
>>
>>333259379
I like that album
>>
>>333259708
You gotta be browsing reddit
Even then, I like you
>>
make your own games. :)
>>
>tfw you remember nujabes is dead
>>
I recommend you not making a recommendation thread. Also try a different hobby if you've lost interest.
>>
>>333260406
I would, but I hate programming and I'm not really interested in making a turn-based RPG à la RPGMaker.
>>
>>333260514
delete this please
>>
>>333259575
This. I've always felt that Dark Souls 1 had an impression reminiscent of clinical depression, and somehow, when I was clinically depressed, that made it more enjoyable to play. It wasn't jarring to my own mood, but it wasn't sulking around and making it worse, either.

It's also a damn good game that I'll play in any mood, so there's that.

Also also, the kind of game you need is one where you don't need some "motivation to progress through the story." Your motivation should be that the game is so fuckin sick from start to finish that you want all of it that you can get. These games are fewer and farther between these days.
>>
>>333260531
do it anyway.
>>
>>333260726
Yeah, as I said earlier I really do want to try Dark Souls out. I should probably get a job soon (seeing as I just quit my most recent one) so I can afford to get a better computer or a console.
>>
>>333260581
Delete my feels first.
>>
>>333260351
Nope, Tumblr.

Honestly it's not that badly infested with SJWs as people thing. Either that or only following waifublogs has magically insulated me from the other 90% of people yelling at each other. I have seen some stuff though.

Like, here's one I saw. Apparently asexuals and gays/bisexuals hate each other. Each one thinks the other side is being a special snowflake and needs to stop complaining. And then they start fighting over exactly who is being victimised by zombie movies. Asexuals say it's them because when's the last time you've seen an asexual main character in a zombie movie? Gays say it's them because zombies are clearly a metaphor for STDs and an attack against gays.

It's pretty stupid but you just laugh at it and move on.
>>
>>333259379
You can easily get buried in all the games out there that are at least playable if not good. You haven't even specified what genre you want to play.

I say start with something short. It could be an NES game like Little Samson. It could be a SNES game like DKC2. Maybe Dink Smallwood?
>>
>>333260726
It's because the Souls games have a sombre mood to it. And every NPC sounds like they stopped giving a fuck about anything
>>
>>333260818
tumblr is like a dick towel. I go there to jizz and then put it away.
>>
>>333259379
Rust
>>
>>333259379
the only cure is not playing video games for a while anon
>>
>>333260818
>zombies are literally metaphor for aids for mah gays

I wouldn't have believed you 5 years ago. But now this sounds like they'd say...
>>
>>333260767
Well, I wouldn't mind making a game I think if I actually had the skills or motivation.
>>
>>333259379
Newer games have been making me feel shitty recently, so I just went back to playing older ones.

There's fucktons of older games to play that are actually a whole lot of fun if you give them a shot.
>>
>>333261661
Honestly the shit like sound, graphics, and music are the big problem I'd say. Even if you spend time to overcome your programming issues, you will be buttfucked in some area somehow.
>>
>>333261756
Yeah, I think it's probably difficult to make a game that isn't a random point and click game and that is good without having someone else's help or being super talented and focused, which I am not.
>>
>>333261060
Really? I come here to fap myself, Tumblr's only good for black and white gifs of heterosexual sex.
>>
File: 1455998300231.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1455998300231.gif
1 MB, 392x400
It's hard sometimes anon, just got find the games that keep you playing

Right now I'm about to start playing PS3 Vesperia once my 3.55 PS3 comes in the mail, but that'll only last until DS3 comes out. Meanwhile, I'm playing FE Sacred Stones and Castlevania HoD on my modded 3DS.

also Gears of War UE on my Xbox One which I bought for who fucking knows what reason

Just keep looking good for the right ones dude
>>
>>333259379
Initial D
Also listen to eurobeat all day
If that doesn't help, you're completely fucked
>>
>>333262139
I already do listen to eurobeat and I love Initial D, I just don't have access to any Initial D games.
>>
>>333262241
Emulating
Also playing any racing game with eurobeat helps
>>
>>333262364
True, I just don't know of any good racing games that could run on my laptop.
>>
>>333262391
NFSU2
NFSMW
Any old NFS game
Gran Turismo
>>
>>333260514
DELET THIS
>>
>>333261756
nah.
>>
File: 1458370655335.jpg (34 KB, 418x279) Image search: [Google]
1458370655335.jpg
34 KB, 418x279
>>333259379
>Nujabes
Oh you.

I've been playing less games in general over the years, but put more time into individual ones.
It helps that i'm into Fightan/Grindan games too.
>>
>>333262983
>>333260061
Oh wow, I just realized the filename. Sorry, that was the default name.
>>
>>333262580
Assets are definitely the biggest issue for a solo game dev unless you are just going to use free garbage.
>>
>>333259575

This. Initially I was put off by its reputation of being so difficult, but it restored my faith in video games. Nowadays big budget games are more like interactive movies, but the soul series actually feels like a fucking video game and doesn't hold your hand all the way through.
>>
File: HLD bullet deflect.webm (3 MB, 1000x540) Image search: [Google]
HLD bullet deflect.webm
3 MB, 1000x540
Hyper Light Drifter came out recently. Game is fun as shit. Mega links are up if you don't feel like paying - I paid $10 as a backer, but $20 is a little expensive.

It's similar to Souls in the sense that it doesn't hold your hand and has an interesting world, but instead of being methodical and defensive, it's a fast paced 2D action exploran game. There's no words and the audio is top notch.

It seems like you're limited by hardware, so this might be a good option for you.
>>
>>333259379
Fuck i love DJ okawari. Shit's too good
>>
>>333259379
>filename
That's DJ Okawari, not Nujabes you fucking assclown
>>
Post favorite Okawari.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULG4MoYxQk
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.