[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the current state of Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 652x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 652x413
Thoughts on the current state of Nintendo?
>>
Literally a joke now
>>
>>333256386
I hate them now but for consoles its the best you can get.

I hate how they did a 180 during the Wii era and just kept getting worse and worse.
>>
My "review" of Memetendo

posting in a children's thread
he buys expensive Fischer-Price toys

Iwata
a failed businessman, the trick code monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and dying. Brava Iwata, brava!

Reggie
a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson fils-amie?'). he knows he's the least popular employee and desperately tries to fit in by making Reddit-tier jokes

Miyamoto
an over-the-hill "developer" weighed down by his talentless cronies. only makes simplistic video games because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Star Fox Zero' will expose him as a fraud and be a spiritual and economic disaster. He will eventually go the route of gunpei yokoi , shrivel up and die at the ripe age of 80

Bill
the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters social media on while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual devlopment budget money.

Sakurai
the only dev showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown Nintendo.

I like how Memetendo is a company founded upon innovation, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from miiverse if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the company has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, put on puppet shows and make bad facebook memes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.
>>
>>333256386
The Jews of the gaming industry.
Over priced cheap chinese grade hardware
Physical DLC with locked game content
Multiple versions of the same game
Games never go down in price no matter how long it's been sitting on the shelf
Copy and paste the same game over and over with just a lick of paint
Let their other franchises die so that they can push Mario Cash-In 8 over and over

Naw fuck it, I've been meaning to sell my WiiU for ages now - might actually do it if the new StarFox is shit.
>>
The win u was a mistake
>>
Today Nintendo threads are on a roll, I see.
>>
>>333256595
nigga u dumb af
>>
>>333257838
Nintendo was a mistake
>>
>yfw when /v/ was nintendo-gaf

>stickied treehouse streams
>literally made an appreciation card

Now Nintendo literally fucked every fanbase this past year where you cant accuse anyone of being a sonygger. What happen?
>>
>>333256386
Nintendo? More like Notendo.
>>
>>333256595
Laughed irl
>>
>>333258479
Hold me
>>
What happened? I remember a year or so ago /v/ was mostly pro-nintendo.
>>
>Nintendo
Doing great as usual

>NoA
Being a fucking disgrace since 2009

>NoE
Fucking based, holy shit how do they do it?

I've been following Nintendo since 1889 (Yes, I am that old) and though they had a few slip ups they always manage to pull through with a nice product.

Currently it is Miitomo, and it has that special charm that Nintendo has been pulling this gen. Last gen Nintendo games felt a bit less charming, but this gen they're really doing well.

Mario 3D World, Dong Freeze, W101, Mario Maker, and Splatoon are all good examples of how they're pushing for better games.

It's just a damn shame that third parties have now fully abandoned them so I'm waiting for the likes of Capcom and Konami to bankrupt themselves and see Nintendo swoop in to collect the IPs that they can treat better.
>>
File: 1404914151951.jpg (32 KB, 396x353) Image search: [Google]
1404914151951.jpg
32 KB, 396x353
>>333259651
>since 1889
>>
>>333259840
You have a fucking problem, anime?
>>
>>333256386
I seriously hope they don't fuck up the NX. I'm really worried about it.
>>
>>333256386
As it has for the past 3 decades: doomed.
>>
>>333259974
Are you a fucking vampire?
>>
>>333259651
A-Are you a loli that is actually 1,000 years old?
>>
>>333259651
You haven't been following Nintendo that long if you think Noa turned to shit in 2k9. Noa has always been shit. We never even got a translated terrigma. Mk, dk, doom were all censored
>>
>>333256386
Nintendo's always gone for the family friendly angle. I had no problem with that. I actually liked it. It's not like everything has to be gritty and realistic or artistic and 2deep4u or whatever. It's fucking Mario. It's fun, who gives a shit.

I also liked how Nintendo tries new things. The DS was pretty damn cool for example, having the second screen (touch screen too!) was a great idea.

But like... lately they feel like a corruption of their former selves. It's like seeing an old man who can't keep up with the times and keeps doing things their way or something.

They're pushing the family friendly angle too far. Before it used to be "Even if you're a fully grown man you will probably have fun with this game." Now it feels like they're marketing mainly or even solely for kids with smartphone games and things like Yokai Watch. Of course there is also the censorship issues too.

Nintendo trying new things seem to have backfired too. Before it felt like they at least knew what they were doing but it feels like they're just doing shit out of some weird obligation like they HAVE to have a gimmick and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel. No one fucking uses the 3D in the 3DS. In fact, a lot of games don't even use the feature or run like shit if you try. Not a lot of people are happy with the WiiU gamepad either. They're not even innovating, they're just doing shit for marketing purposes now.

That's basically Nintendo for me. I want to like them but I feel really worried about them too.
>>
>>333260085
>not playing MK on sega
>no playing Doom on PC
nig...

Current NoA is just disgusting shit. Thank fuck I imported a nippon 3DS.

2009 is about the time that they opened their useless San Francisco office and a bunch of their people in marketing left because fuck silicon valley. Also Cammy Dunway.

>>333260039
>>333260071
I am actually a 2,065 year old Vampire Shota.
>>
File: 1371843869559.jpg (140 KB, 1585x1527) Image search: [Google]
1371843869559.jpg
140 KB, 1585x1527
i gave up on them. i dont see they getting me back and i never thought it could happen.

to much kids pandering and not developing the games fans want for fucking years now... if they dont want money they dont get money its that fucking simple.
>>
>>333256386
If their new console is still shit, they might as well just stick to handhelds.
>>
>>333262623
>>333260020
Then we have to support it. Look at the Wii U. Shit ton of exclusives but no support by people.

Look at the PS4. Fucking nothing to play, yet everybody and their 1,000 loli have one.

We need to make the NX a success otherwise it might be it for Nintendo on the home console front.

They'll probably bail on NX, make a Super 3DS and then dominate the mobile market with apps.

I just hope the NX is a really cool and weird machine. I hope it offers something really unique, because I don't need a third normie box to play western games on.
>>
>>333262887
I just realised I'd fucking laugh if the second Nintendo left the home console market, Sega announces the release of their fabled Neptune console. Sega's been waiting years and years for their revenge.
>>
>>333258370
Lies, my snes was great.
>>
>>333262887
fanboys like you don't help a thing
>>
File: Neptune3.png (619 KB, 763x875) Image search: [Google]
Neptune3.png
619 KB, 763x875
>>333263418
You mean this one?
>>
>>333263653
You know what? Yes. Let's go with that. Sega focused their fury and their bitter rage at losing the console war that they focused all of their hatred inwards and created the ultimate game console. It's not one you play games on. It's one you play games with.

Wouldn't you buy a console if it was a cute and loyal girl you could play games with?
>>
File: 1459609716750.png (22 KB, 377x316) Image search: [Google]
1459609716750.png
22 KB, 377x316
>>333259651
>since 1889
>>
>>333263895
Please make this real.
>>
>>333262887
I ain't falling for that nigga
>>
>>333263898
>Yes, I am that old
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.