[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The new hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 250806-hitman.jpg (94 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
250806-hitman.jpg
94 KB, 1920x1080
Whats the low down? In what ways is it better/worse than bloodmoney?

MOST IMPORTANTLY: How is the PC port? Can it keep a steady 60fps? or is it poopoo 30-40fps chug-fest?
>>
>>333250317
Come back when you can use your big boy words.
>>
>>333250413
no. Help a little boy out would ya?
>>
>>333250317
Fuck off.
>>
>>333250317
What's the appeal of hitman? I have never played the game.
>>
>>333250317
Jesus Christ just stop and learn how to write a sentence.

>>333251342
>you have a target
>you have tools to use
>kill the target
>>
>>333251367
>Please use 100% grammatically correct spelling and sentence structure when you speak to me on the internet about video games

Your a faggot
>>
>>333251535
>Your

fuck off
>>
>>333251535
>writing like a 12 year old
>using memes
>caplocks
>saying shit like 'poopoo 30-40fps chug-fest'
You dont fit in here, fuck off.
>>
>>333251564
>fuck off

No Capital F and no period.
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>333250317
>Whats the low down? In what ways is it better/worse than bloodmoney?
worse: always online, episodic release, but you can wait and buy the full game in 2017.
music

better: almost everything else.

>MOST IMPORTANTLY: How is the PC port? Can it keep a steady 60fps? or is it poopoo 30-40fps chug-fest?
Currently bad, but they might fix it in the future. Some PC patch coming this week.
>>
>>333252695
>music

You can't top Jesper Kyd, but Hitman's music is great and much better than Absolution's. I especially like how seamlessly dynamic it is.
>>
It runs fine on my machine, but I have heard a lot of horror stories about it, so I can't really help you with how it runs.

Gameplay wise, at its best it's Blood Money with better graphics and larger levels. That is to say, at its best it's Blood Money with improvements pretty much purely in the technical side. It doesn't really do anything new, it doesn't really do anything better, and it does a LOT of small shit worse (or even not at all). The only significant improvements over Blood Money are in the Splinter Cell-style stealth (more fluid/works better/whatever than in Blood Money and prior games, without overshadowing costume stealth like in Absolution) and the costumes (they're no longer flawless like in BM, but I also don't think the current system is perfect). They also added in alternative level starting locations in the mission planning, which I found pretty fun. I'll run out of room long before I finish listing the things it's missing or does poorly.

So I'd say it's probably a bit below Blood Money, even before you get to the always-online DRM (and the release model, if that bothers you). Seriously, if you're not confident in your internet connection, avoid it.

>>333251342
It's a stealth game that has a unique "social stealth" style where you can use disguises to wander around openly in restricted areas. The missions are essentially big sandbox levels that challenge you to make your own plan to get to and kill the target, and offer a huge number of ways to accomplish tasks. In Blood Money, Contracts, and Silent Assassin, people are still finding ways to manipulate the level elements, AI, and the way they interact to complete missions in new ways, and still thinking up new challenges (like "use the fire extinguisher that you have to grab from somewhere on the level to kill both targets") today, ten years after the games originally came out.
>>
come back in a years time when most of the game has been released. the 1 map we have right now is pretty great
>>
>>333252854
>You can't top Jesper Kyd
Trailer, opening and menu music are almost Jesper Kyd tier to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlFogqRXchQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMMJ35iA_DI
>>
>>333252695
>>333253000
Thank you for the actual answers. Ill probably pick this game up. Very worried about performance tho. My PC is mid-high end, but poor optimisation is poor optimisation...
>>
I have a 770 and my FPS drops to 50 at times so technically lacking
game's great
wait between levels is too fucking long
that's about it.
>>
File: d02Y5SF.jpg (170 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
d02Y5SF.jpg
170 KB, 1280x853
>>333254234
oh yeah the other annoying thing is that the game will lock you out of many of its graphical options depending on what you're running hardware-wise

like the option will just not be selectable at all.

If I want to sacrifice my FPS for a little extra sexiness, it should be my fucking choice.
>>
>>333254234
I also have a gtx770. Are you trying to run at max settings?

>>333254337
Thats pretty gross. I actually prefer framerate over visuals. Do you think my gtx770 could run the game at steady 60fps if I lowerd some settings? (not lowest hopefully... I want to run of medium-high)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.