[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (33 KB, 250x322) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
33 KB, 250x322
Should I buy this, /v/? I haven't played any souls game except a little of DaS2 which was pretty meh honestly.

Don't meme me /v/ I'm not made of money.
>>
yes

overal a better experience than DaS2
>>
>>333246382
If you played a little of DaS2 and thought it was meh you're gonna think this is even more meh. I'm replaying it currently and it isn't nearly as good as I remember.
>>
>>333246382
All those games are too hard and suck. Get plants vs zombies instead.
>>
literally 20 seconds on google would tell you that the overwhelming consensus is that DaS is better than DaS2
>>
File: 10967453245.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
10967453245.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
>>333247046
Except on metacritic.
>>
>>333246382
just pirate it then
>>
for the love of god get dsfix if you do get the game
>>
>>333246382
I played through 2 first and then went back to the first one, to me it kinda feels like the same game but more esoteric and inconvenient in places but more interesting in others.
I got more enjoyment out of dark souls 2 but I haven't played through all of the first one yet.
How far have you gotten?
>>
>>333247221
Reviewer scores are worthless.
User scores are generally a good point to give you an idea of the quality.

Most of the time.
>>
>>333248707
>User scores
>Ever

No, anon. That system is exploitable as fuck.
>>
>>333248835
I dunno.

Looking at souls it seems to be pretty accurate.

At least better than critic scores.

User Scores
DeS > DaS1 > BB >> DaS2
Reviewer Scores
BB > DaS2 > DeS = DaS1

I think the user scores are closer to the truth here.
>>
>>333246382
Depends of what you like OP
What DaS has going on for it is atmosphere and level/world design. And yes, the difficulty is just there for atmosphere, it serves no other purpose.

If you are into that shit then go for it. if you are more of a gameplay type of guy DaS may be not for you.
>>
>>333246382
Yes. Buy it for both pc and ps3

Pc for save edited gimmick runs and screenshots, ps3 if you want to play online
>>
If you were wishing for a more interconnected, better designed world and a much stronger atmosphere when playing Dark Souls 2 then you might like it since it has that, at least for the first third of the game. If what you disliked was the core gameplay and combat then it's unlikely that you'll enjoy it that much.
>>
I played it the other day for the first time in two years and I was surprised to see how much I hated the combat after playing BB for a year. It just felt so clunky. Thankfully DS 3 seems to have similar combat to BB. Would definitely recommend it and it's one of my favorite games ever but I just can't go back to it after playing BB.
>>
>>333246382
DaS2 is complete shit compared the first one, go for it
>>
>>333249995
>And yes, the difficulty is just there for atmosphere, it serves no other purpose.

Yes, Anor Londo archers sure enhanced the atmosphere of the world. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>333250957
>Le archers are hard meme

Just use a fucking bow yourself you retard. Or even better, just tank them. And move forward.
>>
>>333251224
I can do them on my first try pretty much every time now, that's not the point you shit-for-brains ape. The point is that they serve no purpose in the game other than to provide an entertaining, goofy challenge for the player. This "difficulty only for the atmosphere" meme is only believed by the biggest retards around. Like you.
>>
>>333246382

It's far far better, I've played both
>>
>>333251383
You are a complete idiot. DS difficulty is just a reflection of the cruel world you're in. Is both a story telling and atmosphere mechanic. That's why the worst moments in DS is when the game feels cheap, like bed of chaos.
>>
>>333251503
Yeah? How does the downright silly and unrealistic positioning of the Anor Londo archers enhance the atmosphere? How does it fit in with the lore? Why the fuck are archers standing there in such an incredibly awkward and impractical way? Miyazaki himself even admitted that it was placed there to fuck with the players in an interview. The game's difficulty is exactly the same as any other game's difficulty, it's there to challenge the player and eventually give a sense of accomplishment. The fact that it fits in nicely with the tone of the game is a nice bonus, but not really the point at all.
>>
>>333251691
The positioning of the archers gives you a pretty good idea how anor londo was defended back before it all gone to shit
The big arrows are clearly not meant for humans and combined with the dragons all over the walls give you a good idea what these archers are meant for.
>>
>>333251795
>The positioning of the archers gives you a pretty good idea how anor londo was defended back before it all gone to shit
Are you retarded? It barely even looks like they can comfortably draw their huge bows on that narrow walkway, one of them is blocked by the god damn pillar so he can't defend his buddy, and they fall to their deaths very easily. If this had been given any thought at all the area would be custom made for those archers and against anyone coming in. But it wasn't.
>>
Dark Souls was literally free just a while ago. Who the fuck still doesn't have this game? Definitely in my top 10. I'd rate it as a solid 7/10, it had a lot of shortcomings desu.
>>
>>333248835
Reviews score are even easier to exploit
>make game
>pay for reviews
>WOW GOAT
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.