[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enter the Gungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: avatar_4635923.png (27 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
27 KB, 259x259
Just played this for two hours straight. Rolling feels good if a bit spammable and table flip power ups are rad. Trying co-op tomorrow with a bro.

Post favorite guns you have found.
>>
Forgot to add my favorites so far have been the Wind up gun and the Barrel gun (shoots fish ya get it)
>>
I haven't played it yet since it doesn't come out on steam for at least 8 hours.
Can't wait though, been waiting for this for a long while.
>>
>>333244427
It's great, have it on ps4. Was worried about it running like shit ala Broforce but it's stable so far even in bullet hell boss fights.
>>
>there's still 10 hours before it releases on PC

SLOPPY SECONDS AGAIN
FUCKING SCRAPS

but seriously I can't wait this is driving me crazy, are they contractually obligated to stagger releases by at least one business day or some shit
>>
>>333246498
You mean 8...? Or did a developer twitter account said it's going to be late or something?
>>
>>333247624
no you're right I miscalculated
I've been counting this down in my head all day
7 now
>>
>>333246498
I don't think so. PSN does midnight releases sometimes.
>>
Op here, got to chamber 4. Shit gets crazy in the later levels. Good variety of enemies and guns. Found an assault rifle that turns into a light saver when you reload, reflecting bullets back at enemies.
>>
Is it any good? Saw this show up on steam and it looks pretty fun
>>
I wish I could just fucking pirate this for the next 7 hours
>>
>>333249162
>>333246498
If it makes you feel any better, the PSN release will get updates MUCH slower than the PC.
Hell, the developer said on a stream that one item he removed because he thought just having it in the game made him mad will be in the PS4 release.
I've sadly forgot what that item was, though.
>>
Can someone give me a tldr of the game and is it just another indie pixel shit?
>>
>>333249701
>developer said on a stream that one item he removed because he thought just having it in the game made him mad will be in the PS4 release.
I've sadly forgot what that item was, though.
Please explain in actual English, I'm interested
>>
>>333249718
tl;dr
>less random Binding of Isaac / a slower Nuclear Throne
>nice art style, bullet hell, ~6 non-secret "floors"

you will enjoy if: you like shmups and roguelites
otherwise you can probably give it a pass
>>
>>333249831
There was an item in the game that the developer hated, and he felt just having it in the game lessened it, so he removed it.
However, it's still in the Playstation version of the game, because updates need to go through Sony, where as on Steam they can just be put up.
>>
how does this stack up against Nuclear Throne?
>>
>>333250510
levels/arenas feel less constricted, but there also appears to be far less content
>>
>>333250665
Have to disagree with this. Character wise Throne has the better of it. But it seems like with secret areas and the amount of weapons and items Gungeon has more to find. Still trying to figure out the area under the bullet that drops you into levels, the secret tombs near shopkeeper and the fact that there are hidden instant shortcuts to each chamber.
>tl;dr 3 hours in and haven't scratched the surface
>>
File: Kevin Bacon Billy Coen.png (330 KB, 606x365) Image search: [Google]
Kevin Bacon Billy Coen.png
330 KB, 606x365
>>333251416
good to hear re: guns (although I probably should have guessed based on the name)
as for areas though I would have assumed NT Had the advantage easily
plenty of secret areas there
>>
File: 1448607990288.jpg (463 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448607990288.jpg
463 KB, 853x1280
>>333251608
Comparitavely speaking I prefer gungeons areas. As you shoot and roll around tables get flipped/destroyed and books explode paper into the air. Barrels and pots break, water spills on the floor (full reflection and ripples btw) It feels like a fucking John Woo movie with anthropomorphic ammunition and weapons.
>>
>>333251886
oh yeah I'd definitely give gungeon huge points for how pretty/interactive it is. Really I'm just worrying about whether it'll keep me playing through it as much as NT or even Spelunky

just trying to keep my expectations realistic
after hearing there were going to be 6 stages + a couple secrets
>>
>>333252267
Time will tell anon. In the meantime I think 13 bucks for four hours of gameplay and counting is worth it.
>>
>>333252267
There's options for making the game more difficult, apparently.
Not standard difficulty settings, but separate things you can turn on or off.
One thing you could do, which I'm not sure if the dev was counting when he said that, is a "Blessing", which changes your gun every minute or so.
>>
>>333253532
Only difficulty tweak I have seen is a "beast mode" haven't flipped it on yet.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.