[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we are all in agreement that this is the best controller of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So we are all in agreement that this is the best controller of the 8th gen right?
>>
It's a strong 3'rd of the 7'th gen
>>
>>333241429
Dank meme smartass
>>
>>333241235
Yep all of /v/ agrees that the wii u controller is top tier
>>
>>333241235
It's a shit concept that was partially the reason for the system's failure.
>>
>>333241235
3 hours of gameplay
>>
It's not bad by any means, but it's not particularly outstanding either. It's essentially just the same controller we've had for the past 30 years except it now has a screen in the middle. The screen's usage as a complement to the TV is never particularly useful - just as it wasn't on the DS. The ability to replace the TV and play the game solely on the handheld screen is certainly the best feature the WiiU has, and Microsoft's Smartglass/Sony's Remote Play don't really compare.

In terms of true, meaningful innovation this generation I have to give it to Valve with the Steam Controller. Every single aspect of the controller is customizeable, it has every modern amenity (Gyro sensor, analog and dual-stage triggers) and the fact that it can be fine tuned by the user for exactly what they want is something I've frankly never seen before in a controller, and didn't realize how much I wanted it until I had the ability to do it.
>>
The Wii U pad is nice and comfortable. Xbox One controller is a regression from the 360 controller, and dual shock controllers all suck always; shitty as ever.
>>
>>333241235
>can't use it as a pro controller in vWii
>required to access system settings
>raised console price by $100
>poop battery life
>no analog triggers
>amiibo

It's the biggest piece of shit nintendo has ever made. No hyperbole, I mean this 100%.
>>
>>333241235
I don't like spreading my hands a foot apart to hold a controller
>>
>>333241969
It's called a wall adapter.
>>333242093
I'll give you that. I wish it was easier to replace in the event of a problem.
>>
>>333241235

It's an excellent gimmick, but PS4's controller is beyond God-tier. Wii U would get more points if forgetting to bring the controller's charger wasn't a guaranteed death sentence.
>>
>>333242232
True. It is amazingly comfortable though.

I just wish it wasn't $200 to replace if it broke for some reason.
>>
>Shitty digital triggers.
>Loose buttons that rattle around.
>D-pad is mushy as hell.
>Horrible battery life.
Not even close.
>>
>>333241235
Less ergonomic than a Game Gear and lasts about as long too.
>>
>>333242161
You must be a girl, and / or underage. The wideness of the Wii U pad is one of my favorite things about it.
>>
>>333241235

If, and ONLY if, you are a Nintendo fanboy and apologist

for everybody with taste it sucks, nobody wants to use a TV as a controller
>>
Not much of a contest
>>
It's alright. My only complaints are the D-Pad isn't great for precise inputs but it's alright for platformers, and that it has no real triggers. I love having off-screen play though.

Not really a fan of the DS4, not sure how Sony fucked up the D-Pad as they did when the Vita has a literally perfect one.

I haven't actually used it, but the Xbone controller seems like it should be the best.
>>
>>333241990
The steam controller is garbage though. It sucks having to program controls for every game you want to play because the default always sucks balls, and the touchpad is unwieldy. I'd take 2 analog sticks over that mess any day.
>>
>>333242161

What is with you retards? You don't need to do that in order to use the gamepad. You use the buttons and control stick on the left side with your left hand, and use the buttons and control stick on the right side with your right hand.

I marvel at how some of you even get dressed in the morning.
>>
>>333242232
>PS4's controller
>useless touchpad
>7 hours of battery life
yeah right
>>
>>333243141
It's great for Hulu or Netflix in bed.
>>
I've theorized that Nintendo has a "slim" version of this kicking around HQ, but due to the lackluster sales they scrapped the idea of introducing it to the market.
>>
>>333243506

Comparing it to the Wii U's battery it's an improvement, and while the Touchpad doesn't get a ton of use, the actual buttons and sticks are a big step up from the previous controllers. I just love the way it feels.
>>
Dualshock 4 with 360 sticks modded on and larger battery is the best.
>>
>>333243506
>>333243683

Boys boys, I think we can all agree that these are good controllers. It's the steam controller that's legit shit.
>>
I enjoyed it, but I hate that Nintendo has completely removed the option to have a wired controller
>>
>>333243889
Literally why?
>>
>>333243924
Lag, I don't care how minute it exists and it's lame to not have the option
>>
>>333243962
>PS4 controller has normal micro-USB port
>Can plug it into a PS4
>Controller still talks wirelessly via bluetooth regardless

>Plug it into PC
>It'll talk over the USB cord

?????
>>
>>333243683
Yeah, but Wii U gamepad with expanded battery has similar duration of life as PS4 controller.
And Wii U has huge fucking screen to boot.
There is no excuse for Dualshock 4 to have such terrible battery life.
But overall, aside of useless light and touchpad - yeah, it's better than dualshock 3 that's for sure, design wise.
>>
It's got it's downsides but playing MH3U in bed with it was comfy.
>>
>>333244167
Nope
>>
>>333245063
Dualshock 4 always communicates wirelessly to the PS4. There's no option to even force it to communicate over the USB.

It also leads to the quirk where the controller can be used simultaneously on both PS4 and PC at the same time.
>>
I like it
Building levels in Mario Maker or just playing on the gamepad in general in bed in the morning silence is just fucking great
>>
File: 1443082920788.png (98 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
1443082920788.png
98 KB, 500x438
>>333241235
The Wii U controller is honestly great for gameplay and I'd hesitate to call it a gimmick like the Wii remotes.

It actually improves flow so much. Just look at Wind Waker.
Imagine games like MGS3, which is fantastic but hampered by constant pausing and fucking around in menus, with the Wii U Gamepad. The gameplay would be objectively better.

It's a shame it never caught on because it's actually really good for vidya
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.