[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a better shooter out right now? Literally has the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 31
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 284x177
Is there a better shooter out right now? Literally has the best competitive and cooperative game play out of all shooters.
>>
So I guess no one on /v/ plays this? Everyone is unaware of how great it is. Or are you all just scrubs?
>>
File: brazillia.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
brazillia.gif
2 MB, 360x414
>>333239463
you on ps4/xbox? yeah despite it's flaws it is still a fun game
>>
It's embarassing garbage for especially mentally morose mouth-breathers.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>333241684
Xbox. Sucks that Playstation is getting another exclusive. Thought they were gonna stop with that shit

>>333241786
>>333241997

Care to say why shitters?
>>
Makes me sad that people play this lame shit. Really are a strong contingent of intellectually challenged tools.
>>
>>333239953
The fact that you're still playing Destiny makes me think that you either started in Year 2, or you don't care that Bungie practically discarded 60% of the game's content with The Taken King. I understand that MMO's (though that's not what I consider Destiny) undergo changes and updates that cycle out old content, but this game was not ready for that yet.
>>
It could be good, possibly.

I wouldn't know because I'm not paying 140 dollars for a game I was promised at $60.

I got it at launch, it was like playing the demo/beta version of a game except it cost $60 dollars. Bungie got me good.

Apparently I didn't learn my lesson though because I got The Division at launch and got the same dick stuck up my ass.
>>
Destiny literally has the absolute worst balanced and thought out PvP in the last 2 console gens, what the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>333239463
>can't S Soleil as femui

Literally why?
>>
>30fps
Co-operative may be true, but Fucking NO WAY that shitfest is most competitive
>>
>>333242925
Destiny PvP is so bad right now calling it anything more than a crap-shoot is a joke.
>>
>>333242925
Didn't halo 5 just have the biggest tournament in console ""e-sports"" ever?

Regardless from what I've played of both, and of other shooters in general, halo 5's gameplay is much more competitive than Destiny's shit
>>
Destiny has a pretty good single player runthrough, the co-op strikes and raids aren't that bad either.
However, the PvP is so terribly unbalanced, I find no joy whatsoever in it. I'd rather play Counter Strike if I want good team based action against other humans.
>>
The PVP is atrociously unbalanced. And it's co-op campaign shit is embarassingly shallow & repetitive. If you enjoy Destiny you should just off yourself for the greater go. At least do something worthwhile with your life by ending it. You're gross.
>>
>>333239953
Don't have a console. Every idiot at my old restaurant job played a shitload of it so I gathered that it was terrible.
>>
>>333243343
Pretty much sums it up. It's player base is sub 80 IQ types.
>>
>>333242842
>I'm not paying 140 dollars for a game I was promised at $60.
You want to hear a funny joke?
They still haven't added in all of the content that was originally supposed to be in Destiny. The remainder of what could be salvaged is now being used as the base for Destiny 2. Everything else is going to rot on a company server until Bungie and Activision both die.
>>
>>333243146
Halo 5 runs at 60 FPS, unlike Destiny
>>
>>333242373
PvP is unbalanced
One shot kill moves everywhere, the game boils down to whether or not you have your super up
Matchmaking is non existent in many places, and the things that do have matchmaking pair up solo players against full teams
End game content relies on having friends or using third party software
A large majority of the story isnt in the game
Changing voice actors, and completely removing the old VA
Cycling, weekly gamemodes
Old pre-DLC maps aren't in PvP rotation
No custom game modes
Can't view patch notes in game
Features held back or simply removed/not implemented because last gen can't handle them

I can go on
>>
File: Jontronshit.gif (579 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Jontronshit.gif
579 KB, 300x168
>>333239463
Nobody is taking your bait, OP.
>>
>>333242893
How is it unbalanced
>>
>waaaahhhh desntiny is bad because it isn't a carbon copy of halo and I suck at video games

kek
>>
>>333243827
Halo is shit too. Just less shit than Destiny.
>>
>>333243484
That's just inexcusable. This is the most expensive game ever made, not some 15 dollar early access shit survival game.
>>
>everyone saying the pvp is unbalanced but now saying how

Kek
>>
>>333243957
You're dumb.
>>
>>333244068
If you need it explained to you, you're too stupid to understand it in the first place. You're a waste of life. You fucking pig.
>>
>>333239463
>30fps
>best fps
Why the fuck would have 30fps for a fucking shooter?
>>
>>333243827
Destiny is bad because we lost something that could have been so much better than a husk of a game made to sell DLC

No, literally, we lost it. They were forced to restructure the whole game after E3 2013.
>>
>>333242819
I agree with you completely. But I am trying to think of how they could have handled the whole situation and idk what could have been a better alternative
>>
>>333244171
Explain how it's fucking bad then! You cant can you?

>inb4 muh supers

News flash: every class has supers
>>
>>333244304
It's like COD but even more retarded and unbalanced
>>
>>333244430
You keep beating your chest about how it's unbalanced yet you won't say how
>>
>a 30fps shooter with barely any content where the pvp balance favors certain weapon archetypes in a bullshit rotation

Platinumed it on PS4, and it was fun but it really needs major fixes and content.
>>
I don't care what anyone says. The moon is one of my favorite areas in any game. that beautiful skybox, the surface, and the hive caves/temples below are great.

i actually really hope destiny 2 is great. it has so much potential, and while i ditched it before the first expansion even came out, i've heard that the taken king still doesn't make the game as good as it should be.
>>
>>333243172
This, there's a somewhat average game underneath all of it, it's got some nice mechanics and ideas. It's just Bungie is so fucking up its own ass and retarded that it hurts the game so much, they fail at making even the most simplest co op game design decisions and the game is literally just RNG piled upon RNG. The PVP is the real tragedy here, it's so bad.

>Bungie is incapable of balancing anything, they nerf an entire weapon class simply because of one or two insanely overpowered Exotic weapons instead of just adjusting them
>Sniper Rifles with obscene amounts of aim assist with low zoom scopes currently dominate this game's PVP, making matches devolve into sniper shit fests from the get-go
>Overpowered Exotics that trivialize every single other weapon in that family (MIDA Multitool, The Last Word, The Truth)
>Shit like Doctrine of Passing and Harrowed Quellims Terminus
>Heavy Weapon ammo that lets players go on insane killing sprees if they use LMGs which kill players in 4 bullets
>The Truth rocket launcher which is literally a "fire and forget" launcher because of its insanely aggressive tracking and proximity detonation
>Shotgun sliding (players just run up at you and slide toward you) is night unbeatable in close quarters because this game has no sort of stopping power. Most used shotgun in PVP has huge lethal range, making this technique even more effective and annoying because people can't do shit about it
>Huge class bias towards Warlocks, Bungie gives them everything and none of their subclasses are bad at anything, all with great skills and supers all their class specific items are great, this even translates into PVP where Warlocks are the strongest class
>Completely shit map design
>Quite possibly the worst spawning system ever put into an FPS game
>Unbalanced maps for some objective game types where one team has a clear advantage at the beginning

I could go on.
>>
>>333244068
You can only get the best gear through RNG
Not Monster Hunter RNG where you're working towards a specific thing, but literal random "I hope I get the thing that beats everything else" RNG
People run around with uncounterable abilities that one shot 1-6 people
Matchmaking works in a way that if you're a solo player you'll be shitstompped over 50% of the time
You can spawn camp. Literally watch someone respawn and kill them before they can react
Lag compensation works in mysterious ways, often rewarding people who red bar every match
Despite being active with their community, Bungie never approaches any solutions to any community backed problems until after its become a wide spread major issue weeks in the making. Unless, of course, it's something that improves the games QoL
>>
>>333243690
>Changing voice actors, and completely removing the old VA
I can agree with you on some of the other shit, but Dinklage performed the worst voice acting I've ever heard.
North was a good change
>>
>>333244469
Thorn
>>
File: 1459739191125.gif (1021 KB, 375x212) Image search: [Google]
1459739191125.gif
1021 KB, 375x212
>girlfriend and I played the beta
>had fun playing with her but overall just thought it was pretty shitty
>she ended up buying it day one while I didn't
>finally caved and bought the legendary edition a few months ago
>everything is so fucking boring and repetitive

It amazes me how people ate this shit up because of Bungie's name alone.
>>
>get destiny
>its casual babby shit
>get good gear relatively quickly
>convince someone to take me to rials
>"lol ok anon we'll carry you"
>end up doing just as good if not better than them most of the time
>go flawless

Its funny because they were also telling me how trials could be an e-sport. Like, fucking lol. How deluded are destiny players?
>>
I had a lot of fun with the game, but what other Anons are saying is right.

That, and there's zero substantial new content. We haven't had a major content drop since TTK and this April update won't help either.

>>333244641
Destiny will never, ever be an eSport. Ever. Trials only exists for the sweatiest kids, and even then it's pretty easy.
>>
>>333244469
Burden of proof is on you and OP, bud
>>
this game was a joke
>literally just halo and borderlands mixed
the 2 worst games
>>
>>333244582
Thorn isn't even relevant anymore
>>
30 FUCKING FPS FOR A SHOOTER!

>best FPS

LMAO!
>>
>>333245086
Man I can go into any game type bar trials and banner and thorn is still the exact same as it was before.

Best part about it is that year 2 shitters don't know about it.
>>
its shit, dont need to explain why

i dont need to be a master chef to tel you food is shit either

>its a food analogy episode
>>
File: 1386980746361.gif (869 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1386980746361.gif
869 KB, 700x394
I hate that whenever they balance stuff for PvP and they end up bringing that shit over to PvE.
>>
>>333245302
This. Why is it so hard for developers to balance shit for PvP and PvE separatly. Destiny isn't the only game this shot happens in
>>
Let's have a ranking of supers from best to worst.

>sun singer
>golden gun
>void walker
>striker
>blade dancer
>hammers
>storm walker
>night stalker (or whatever it's called)
>bubble titan
>>
>>333245597
Oh this is for PvP by the way
>>
File: 1451581203483.png (318 KB, 496x559) Image search: [Google]
1451581203483.png
318 KB, 496x559
>>333245597
>Quit game for a while
>Come back to play PvP with friend
>Tfw using post-nerf hammer for the first time
>>
>>333245665
Why is storm walker so low? When I jumped in PvP a few times with that I destroyed rooms thanks to Transcendence and Ionic Blink.
>>
>>333245597
>Striker
>Sunsinger
>Golden Gun
>Nova Bomb
>Storm trance
>Hammer
>Bow
>Blade dancer
>Bubble

Striker is seriously OP. Don't think any super can't stop it, while other supers can hold off others. On top of that, you use shoulder charge+headstrong and you're looking at cross room, 360 degree fists of panics.
>>
>>333245904
Storm walker could probably go up a few. Just I have heard most warlocks complain about it because it can take a little bit to actually get the kill which can actually lead to your death. Like literally two people teaming up you will most likely die before you get them
>>
>>333242925
>fps autist
>tripfag
Yes, everything seems to be in order here.
>>
File: 1459550018344.jpg (37 KB, 653x538) Image search: [Google]
1459550018344.jpg
37 KB, 653x538
>>333245597
>>333245940
>bubble titan shit tier

get the FUCK out of here with that bullshit
>>
>>333239463
Literally has the best competitive and cooperative game play out of all CONSOLE shooters from current gen.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>333245940
What makes nova bomb so low but striker so high? I mean I've always viewed nova bomb as basically a ranged striker right? Shoulder charge is good. But one good ability doesn't make a sub good. I feel like everything else is mediocre at best. Like titans are shit without their supers, which are pretty mediocre
>>
>>333246256
It is shit tier though
>>
>>333246256
You literally become a target that other supers can destroy, and then proceed to kill the bubbles inhabitants.

>Nova bomb
Shatter or vortex breaks bubble, kills all
>Stormtrance
Enter the bubble, free kills
>Golden Gun
Two shots breaks bubble, one-two shots to clean up
>Blade dancer
Enter the bubble, auto aim does the rest
>Hammer
Three hammers and the bubbles gone
>striker
Death from above
>Another bubble
It'll last longer than yours

Don't know about bow, but I do know sunsinger is shit against bubbles
>>
>>333246310
Still not true
>>
>>333246342
You can run under, or around Nova bombs, striker you have to hope he's not close enough, or you have a shotgun slug in him before he uses it.

I'm also biased, but whenever I'm against someone who relies on their super, striker is my go-to
>>
>>333246310
name a better PC exclusive shooter.
>>
File: 1432549949499.jpg (114 KB, 800x924) Image search: [Google]
1432549949499.jpg
114 KB, 800x924
>>333246516
Are you about to tell me halo 5 or cod is better with a straight face?
>>
>>333246617
For multiplayer any counterstrike, quake, unreal tournament etc.
>>
>>333246502
>what are suppression grenades
>what is saint 14 + shotgun
>what is "stepping out of your bubble"

also,
>you literally become a target
that's kind of the point... i'd rather a gunslinger waste his GG on just taking down my bubble (killing me isn't guaranteed) than kill 3 of my teammates, thereby generating more orbs for his team.
>>
>>333246715
>Literally has the best competitive and cooperative game play out of all CONSOLE shooters from current gen.

>names old games from 1+ gen ago
>>
>>333246771
>CS GO isn't in the current gen
>>
>>333246715
this gen you fuckwit
>>
>>333246862
released in 2012. 8th gen didnt start until late 2013.

Also CS GO is terrible. but that doesn't detract from how you're wrong
>>
File: 1456855135333.png (154 KB, 309x302) Image search: [Google]
1456855135333.png
154 KB, 309x302
>30fps console shooter that costs like USD $150 to experience all the content (which was originally going to be in the base game and then drip fed to its gullible customers)
>even with all dlc, enemies are just reskins and every mission is the same uninspired garbage
>good

it's hard to articulate how awful destiny is. it's just complete fucking shit. every aspect of it.
>>
>>333246619
Yeah

CoD is a little bit better

Halo 5 is much better

Both also have 60 frames per second
>>
>>333246732
>delaying the inevitable, suppressing someone just means they'll back off and wait, let someone who isn't suppressed do the job
>over half the list doesn't require you to enter the bubble, while the rest has auto aim/huge spread that it doesn't matter if you're blinded for a moment
>stepping out of the bubble allows people to snipe, golden gun, or otherwise super you anyway. Backing in and out won't stop that fist of panic or Nova bomb

Also,
>implying they won't just move onto more valuable targets
I was just giving examples as to how easy your bubble is dispatched
>>
It has the best mechanics of any FPS but is lacking in PVE content.
>>
>>333247028
Halo 5 would be great if they made it more fun instead of MLGHARDCORE / MICROTRANSACTIONS. Add action sack or some shit. Grifball was a good addition but fuck. Nothing is fun about BRs in halo 5.
Right now CoD is much better than destiny.
>>
>>333247028
Both of those games suck.
Halo reached its pinnacle at 3 and it was all downhill from there.
>>
>>333247037
Furthermore, the bubble just screams "don't come here unless you can kill me and everyone else stupid enough to hide here. Go about and deal with the other objectives for the next 60 seconds"
>>
>>333246771
>>333246868
Isn't there a new Unreal Tournament?
>>
>>333247158

Halo 5 isn't great, still MILES better than destiny

(PvP wise. 343's halo campaigns are pure fucking garbage.)

>>333247141
>microtransactions

Only retards would buy these in halo, for 4$ you get a shitty emblem or an ugly armor. Not worth it. The game throws hundreds and hundreds of items at you anyways, you literally can't use them all as fast as you earn them.
>>
>>333247416
hasnt been released yet
>>
>>333247416
It's still pretty early but it's coming along nicely.

>>333247619
You can go and play it right now, it has a couple of finished maps
>>
>>333247439
respawning vehicles/weapons are miles better than the card system. I was so happy when big team slayer got put in but 9/10 times its just BR spamming, and not even good BRs like halo 2 or 3...annoying BRs.
>>
>>333247660
ok well point being, he couldn't name a single current-gen PC exclusive shooter better than destiny
>>
>>333247803
Ig that just goes to show how destitute the FPS genre is. Just because he couldn't name one doesn't mean Destiny is good
>>
>>333247721
I don't disagree, I prefer finding vehicles and weapons on the maps as well.

But that's not the type of mode they were going for. It's more of a "spawn in a tank and some rockets and have some fun" mode. Regular big team battle got the shit end of the stick as well, having only forged maps.

(Speaking of halo 2 br's, those got added in, as well as the halo 1 pistol.)
>>
File: pillar_toms.jpg (50 KB, 680x412) Image search: [Google]
pillar_toms.jpg
50 KB, 680x412
>>333239463
>destiny
>competitive
AWAKEN MY LAUGHTER
>>
>>333247803
I look at it the other way, anon.

While there are plenty of multi-platform shooters that are good, shared between console and PC, It's the consolefriends that get exclusive access to a steaming pile of shit game (destiny)

I say this as someone who's only experience PC gaming is playing WoW and halo:CE on a shitty laptop
>>
>>333246617
Why does it have to be PC rxclusive? Most shooters aren't and there are plenty of shooters better than Destiny
>>
THIRTY
>>
>>333247891

>>333246310

He said that like there were TONS of current-gen PC exclusive shooters.
No it doesn't mean its good. But its hilarious to shut people like that down.
>>
>>333248059
Because he's retarded.

Hmm, would I rather play an exclusive game that is garbage, or a multi-platform game that is good?
>>
>>333248059
>>333248045

Then he's saying that destiny is better than all the multi-plat shooters which we all know isn't true.
Regardless, he's wrong.
>>
Destiny fans. Can you please explain to me why their whole April update is just them rehashing the PoE by upping it's level? Like if you're gonna rehash the content then why not do it with all of your previous raids???
>>
>charge full game price for a glorified DLC
>make vanilla game unplayable, forcing you to buy the DLC

I used to defend Destiny, until the Taken King dropped.

That fiasco is where I dropped the game.
>>
>>333248172
>Literally has the best competitive and cooperative game play out of all CONSOLE shooters from current gen.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>333248348
Let me guess. Players without taken King won't be able to play the old PoE, because its "updated" now for higher level players?

Just like all the other shit they patch out because they are too retarded to have 2 different modes of something at once?
>>
>>333248516
Wrong still

Destiny has the best co-op of any console shooter, not competitive though, not by a long shot
>>
>>333248516
>have a friend who's a huge Bungie fan
>played the shit out of Destiny nonstop since release
>even he's frustrated with Bungie / Destiny right now and has since moved to The Division and replaying the Master Chief Collection
Somehow I doubt that.
>>
>>333248553
Fuck. I never thought of that but most likely. I mean if you got the season pass for the taken king one of the things it included was PoE (along with all of the other content that they made useless so essentially your season pass got you TTK and whatever dlc they shit out before destiny 2) so yeah with that said most likely people without TTK will be locked out
>>
>>333248348
>destiny fans will defend this
>>
>>333248717
Good goyim, buy taken King so you can play content you bought already!
>>
>>333248628
>>333248708

was quoting the dumbass >>333246310
>>
>>333248717
>literally charging people for the same content twice

Damn. How do they get away with it
>>
File: distrib_90_1.jpg (62 KB, 567x754) Image search: [Google]
distrib_90_1.jpg
62 KB, 567x754
>>333244534
>none of their subclasses are bad at anything
Voidlock, the only things it had going for it was blink shotgunning (which got nerfed) and a nuke (which got nerfed). Their grenades are trash except for one when used with an exotic, in which case it's decent. One of the only other subclasses to be ignored/shit on as hard as Voidlock are Defenders.
>that class tuning update for Titans where Striker got a list of buffs and all Defenders got was a refill on grenades and melee when they pop WoD, which technically isn't even a buff and more like an un-nerfing since that's what it originally did
>they honestly, literally thought that grenade/melee recharge on casting WoD was going to be enough to keep Defenders from being the smallest minority of players in Destiny PVP

Everything else is 100% correct.
>>
>>333245597
>Storm Walker at the bottom
>MFW

But seriously, what the fucking fuck? First of all, it's called StormCALLER, and second, Stormcaller is stupid OP right now. Slap on ionic blink and transcendence and you are untouchable. The subreddit is even calling for the class to be nerf, which is funny considering Bungie isn't gonna do it because they have a hard on for Warlocks.
>>
>>333248717
They've done it before (replacing "updating for the new expansion" old content, removing the original versions for the players without the new DLC.)

Any examples of another MMO that does this when a new expansion drops?

And I don't mean removing old quests because you revamp an area or something like that. I mean remove a feature that was supposed to be a selling point of the expansion, change it a little, and require the newest one to access it.
>>
>>333249427
Warlocks are getting a nerf from what I hear. Plus a storm caller is easy to kill as long as you just get a couple of people shooting at it considering it takes a couple of seconds for to kill
>>
>>333246342
Because Nova Bombs are ridiculously wiff-able. Seriously, I have wiffed so many bombs that should've got me 4+ kills and this is coming from a guy who mains a Voidwalker.
>>
>>333249515
WoW, all the fucking time with everything.
>>
File: 1459375824630.png (247 KB, 525x315) Image search: [Google]
1459375824630.png
247 KB, 525x315
>>333245597
>Stormcaller near the bottom
>Voidwalker near the top
>>
>>333249515
Most MMO's keep the old version accessible for players

Destiny doesn't

Example:bounties
>>
>>333249627
I didn't think Wow does this? And even still Woe has a fuckton of content. Destiny does not. What they are basically repackaging and selling 25% of their content
>>
>>333249627
Example? I'm pretty familiar with WoW but can't think of anything like that. Blizzard seems to like keeping older versions of things available for people.
>>
>>333249576
You're forgetting that you can juke an entire team with Ionic Blink. I have watched it so many times. Team shotting isn't going to work. The ONLY way a stormcaller is going down is:

>Fist of Havoc
>Team shotting from miles away
>Shutting them down with a supression grenade.
>>
>>333249734
>>333249750
Flying for one
>>
>>333246342
Nova Bomb can easily wiff and does less damage the farther from the center you are while FoH kills regardless (or seems to at least), even if you jump.
>>
>>333249734
That's another of my problems with destiny.

It's like a weird half-mmo

It doesn't take the good parts of a MP shooter, it doesn't take the good parts of an MMO, it just takes the worst parts of each and mashes them together

No item trading, no social interaction in hubs, no group-finding (have to use a fucking outside website)

WoW expansion: 60$, hundreds of hours of content. New huge areas, multiple new dungeons (3-4), hundreds of items and quests

Destiny expansion: 20-40$, small new areas, 1-2 new dungeons, 50 or so new items, 12 quests
>>
>>333249875
That's the reverse of the situation we are talking about

That's people buy the new expansion and get a feature removed

We are talking about people not buying new expansion, and getting features they already payed for removed
>>
>>333249875
Flying? That's your example? Come on now. Like I just said. Destiny doesn't have a lot they could remove yet they did it.
>>
>>333249895
But fist of havoc is mostly just an oh shit button to get you a kill or shut down some other super
>>
>>333239463
the competitive is trash. i wanted to like it because i love the world and style and design of that game, but its execution is trash. its just pretty to look at is all.
>>
>>333250114
It's mostly used as an oh shit button by people but that's not all it's good for. It has a surprising amount of range, in terms of both the distance you can travel and the AoE. Another thing against Nova Bomb is that the caster can kill themselves if they're injured and throw it nearby.
>>
All this hate, jeez. Bought it at launch anf instant liked it, although I have to say that if you don't have friends to play with it's worthless. I do regard it as a MMO and you just need people to play with. Gameplay is real smooth and they did a good job on repetitive structures, it'll take a long tine before you get bored. Quit two months ago and I don't think I'll ever play it again, I'll pick it up when 2 comes out. Storywise it's an abortion compared to the original plan, it looked so good. Putting all that info in cards is nice but I'd rather actually see it. Oryx's origin is nifty but I'm sure no one even read it because the lore should be ingame, reading it on some app is lame.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28-19-16-07.jpg (297 KB, 768x771) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28-19-16-07.jpg
297 KB, 768x771
If you ever were a fan of Destiny, or still are, or played it and wanted to like it, I encourage you to watch this, and keep in mind that this was before the game was entirely restructured and changed in summer of 2013. (They had been working on it since before halo ODST until that point.)

https://youtu.be/ZiDbv7nftM8

Its very long, but enjoyable.it provides some good context and a look into what we could've gotten if things had gone a little differently.
>>
>>333250341
Oh yeah no its a good super but yeah. Another thing about it though is using it, while it will usually get you some kills often puts you in a bad spot. Of all the supers I feel like that's the one I die with the most right after using it
>>
Destiny is such a shit game and it's a fucking scam I payed $60 for a full game not an unfinished boring grind fest. As soon as I saw the rest of the game being put in for $40 I instantly returned this load of horseshit. Fuck Bungie this game was supposed to be good.
>>
>>333250378
>it'll take a long time before you get bored

What? How? There is not that much content. It doesn't take that long to get to the end game content which is literally doing the same thing over and over and gets boring super fast
>>
>>333250382
They also scrapped a ton of the free-roam areas and quests that went with them. These areas were played in by early testers and described as nearly complete, just missing some art assets here and there.

One of the most prominent ones we know of are the ruins of Chicago, expect to see that appear in a DLC or destiny 2. Another was the taken ship, recently re-introduced as the taken dreadnought. We heard about that area before the game came out, and wouldn't you know it, they put it back in as DLC.
>>
>>333250474
That's definitely true if someone is nearby watching where you slammed. It's something that should be used without some thought into what happens after you use it. Same with self-resing Sunsingers in PVP, plenty of people just res themselves immediately and either get shotgunned, sniped or get 1-2 kills before everyone else gets them, or GG Hunters popping it out in the open because they see 3 people and are like "Free kills" only to get killed mid-animation.
>>
>there are people who haven't beaten TTK on hard mode
>there are probably people who haven't beaten it at all

Literally how do people find the raids in this game hard?
>>
>>333250579
All the original bungie guys have left, anon. Like Joseph Staten and marty O'Donnel. (He was fucking fired immediately after composing music for their next 10 fucking years of games for them)

Bungie is a hollow shell of its former self, filled with hipster cucks who say "you'll be throwing your wallet at the screen when I show you our new microtransactions"
>>
>>333250382
The thing is that the premise and core gameplay feel is so fucking good that it feels like all they need to do is put the actual content/story in and it would be awesome.
>Still waiting to go to Europa
>>
>>333245597
Better ranking would be the classes themselves

>hunter
>warlock
>big huge steaming pile of shit
>titans
>>
>>333250892
I agree.

I bought destiny TTK for 20$. It was fun, but such a lost potential compared to the original vision displayed in that video

(and the one they literally had in game
form before they were forced to change it in 2013.)

I really, REALLY hope that destiny 2 will be better, but ultimate my gut tells me it will just be another shallow DLC grindfest with a pitiful "story"
>>
File: Old_Chicago.jpg (171 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Old_Chicago.jpg
171 KB, 1366x768
>>333250690
>no Europa
>no drowned Old Chicago
>no jungle-overtaken Mumbai towers
>no wildlife
>swords only introduced recently
>4th race and and ship area made into the Taken and are boring as fuck, essentially another Hive faction with grunts from the other races
I fucking hate Bungie
>>
>>
>>333239463
they should rename this game to Stockholm
>>
>>333251142
I hate them too, but all of that was removed at Activision's demand

I hate them for going to Activision in the first place. MS may have not been their favorite to work with, but at least they didn't interfere with the games that they made.

>we are tired of being ona contract with MS to make halo games for years. Let's make ODST and Reach real quick to fulfill the contract and do our own thing.

>immediately goes to ACTIVISION and signs a contract for TEN FUCKING YEARS
>>
>>333251281
Right? Literally how did that logic make fucking sense to them? Are the higher ups in bungie really that fucking stupid? Furthermore was anything ever said as to why Activision made them change everything?
>>
>>333251281
I blame upper management at Bungie, shitloads of people left and Marty won his lawsuit if I recall correctly.
>>
>>333251142
don't forget
>no story
this was a Pet peeve for me
>>
>>333251497
actually it has a ton of neat story... that you have to go to a fucking website to read. At least fucking bioware puts the wiki in the game itself to read the lore.
>>
>>333251372
Activision execs didn't think the story they had created would do well with the general audience (the traveler being evil, much darker shit, dealing with being a corpse brought back to life to kill)

They also wanted to have a more DLC-focused plan then bungie intended. When you look at the other games that Activision deals with, it makes sense why they would want this. So, bungie had to redo the story, and create DLC content within a very short time (this occurred summer 2013)

Basically, Activision was contractually allowed to make these changes, and they did.

It's no wonder Joseph Staten left bungie so soon after.
>>
>>333251385
this whole issue only highlights how lucky Bungie has gotten and how they aren't that great of a developer, more than ever.
>>
>went on about how their new system of making armor into parts instead of a whole model, meaning they could take something like an antenna, rotate it and put it on a new piece of armor instead of trying to make new assets from scratch
>in the end they just keep re-using the same armor piece combos over and over, making their system pointless since everything looks the same
I swear if I have to see those spiky/bladed legs as "new" armor one more fucking time
>>
>>333251584
oh I know, but this game has no story, a website does.
>>
>>333251641
Then they go on and fire a composer who had been with bungie for over a decade and who just composed music for the next 10 years of Destiny content for them because "he had become an obtrusive presence at meetings" or something like that

Bungie was basically filled up with a bunch of people from Activision and that's all that's left now.
>>
File: exo.jpg (42 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
exo.jpg
42 KB, 636x358
>you will never kill that fat fuck Luke Smith
>>
>>333251723
Right? Like whoever makes their "top tier" armor should be fucking fired. Literally their raid armor designs are terrible
>>
>>333239463
I would really enjoy this game if I wasn't stuck using a fucking gamepad to play it.
>>
>>333251142
IIRC old chicago was meant to be full on winter so when you explored a skyscraper the entrance was actually on a floor halfway up and it was functionally a dungeon.

>>333251650
>Aren't that great a developer
>Animation is amazing
>Art style is amazing
>Sound design is amazing
>Game feel is amazing
>Shooting feels amazing
C'mon anon
>>
>>333251960
A keyboard and mouse would not make this game good anon. I'm sorry
>>
>>333245597
sunsinger is so much fun with those sticky nades that kill in one hit

Just spam those fuckers down a hallway and watch the kills roll in
>>
>>333252031
All those things such as shooting, art style, music, and sound were completed before the game got fucked. That's basically the last remnants of old bungie that is in the game.
>>
People STILL play this? Man you guys sure love that bungie dick. Cant get enough of it
>>
Ctrl-F Warframe

No results found.

Wow.

Well, here's why I don't give a fuck about Destiny: It's Warframe.

it's a shitter console-only version of Warframe with only three character classes.

Arguably better theme/lore, arguably slightly better AI (I doubt it), and arguably more 'fair' weapons, oh, and it has fucking swallow racing now, so I guess there's that, but let's be honest here:

It's a carbon copy of warframe dumbed down even worse for the consoles (even though warframe itself was sold to the chinese and released on consoles and everything that happened to it afterwards has been shit, and I've been done with the game for a LONG time now, but it's STILL better than destiny)

and if you clowns think PvP in destiny is remotely worth playing, just get a fucking grip

I am not taking OP's bait but I figured I'd have to post this.

duke nukem forever literally has better balanced multiplayer.

anyway:
UT (any of the four)
Quake (any of the four/five (if you consider 'q3team arena' different from q3'arena', and quake world)
Reflex
Toxikk
Nexuiz
War§oW
Fucking Doom 2 skulltag
Fucking eduke32 duke nukem 3d
Fuckin' Serious SAM THREE
fucking tribes 1/2/vengeance/ascend

^ all of these have better competitive play than destiny. I'm not even mentioning halo or cod or CS:GO, even though they all do too, because they're all more flawed than my list.
>>
>>333252208
All the artists, animators and sound designers still work at bungie anon, marty was in charge of a large audio team, not a one man band.
>>
File: Destiny-Concept-Art-13.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-Concept-Art-13.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
>>333251901
>low teen level armor looks cooler than all the high level armor
>no transmog system

>eventually make a system where you can bring lower level stuff up to higher level
>only works on legendary gear, i.e. the previously top-tier stuff that looks the same and is boring as fuck
I want my gold plated and engraved robes/gloves/pants/helmet back Bungie. The best part was that the PS exclusive armors are blue (or at least the launch ones were), making them completely useless and unable to be brought forward despite being almost completely unique in terms of looks.

Also,
>wanted to avoid the "forever 29 because lolnolegs" shit from launch
>end up having your ghost and class item count towards your light level when they were previously pure cosmetics outside of the faction class items
>also gives stat boosts so even in regular crucible you're at a disadvantage if you go with fashion instead of function
>class items also aren't affected by shaders anymore for some fucking reason, enjoy looking like a clown
Will always be mad
>>
>>333252031
other devs do this things as well, nothing special, it's expected to be a competent developer.
>>
>>333252526
Nobody does those things better than bungie.
>>
>>333252573
okay, anon
>>
>best competitive
Having a kek over here. Unless Bungie actually balanced their guns and classes, A GREATER JEST I MIGHT ADD.
>>
>>333252606
I wish I had a webm of a sniper reload animation right now
>>
>>333252474
What i meant was, So far, most of the stuff that has been added to the game was already done or nearly done and set to release with the game before the story and DLC plan was changed and they got chopped

A.k.a most of those guys would be working on destiny 2 so its yet to be seen if that stuff is still gonna be top quality
>>
File: tbt.gif (3 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
tbt.gif
3 MB, 500x207
>>333252364
>>
>>333252690
Artists don't magically get worse over time anon, maybe the sound design might get worse without martys direction but the rest is still intact.
>>
If destiny 2 is going to be a ps4/xbone exclusive, do you think that they'll manage 60fps this time around?

Other games such as CoD have arguaby similar visuals (technically, not aesthetically.) and manage.
>>
>>333239463
played for 2 weeks at launch, got to 27 and stopped

the story is beyond terrible
the multiplayer is just a bad Halo
co-op shit is just a grind
>>
>>333252772
If they can get all those things just as good, and have a strong narrative more involved in the lore along with a LOT more launch content, I will be satisfied with destiny 2. Maybe even enough to forgive bungo and Activision.

Here's hoping.
>>
>>333252775
No, they'll push for graphics as usual these days. Even if it wasn't the trend I wouldn't expect Bungie to try for 60.
>>
>>333252520
It's fucking stupid not gonna lie. I found a couple of purple sets that I ended up using. For a titan at least. It was the New Monarchy vendor armor. And I also like the Titan iron banner armor. But the raid armor is horrendous. Pretty much The Dark Below raid armor, which was shit as well.

>tfw the April PoE update brings in new top tier armor and it's just the old PoE armor reskinned to look like taken

And that shit was some of the worst looking armor in the whole game
>>
>>333252870
No theres gonna be next to no content, thats the problem here.
Activision literally cockblocking them from putting in a fuckload of content because DLC sales.
The quality is there, but the quantity will definitely not be there.
>>
>>333252772
Eeehh, Joseph Staten was their world building guy. Not just for lore, he had a LOT of influence over the setting, tone, and art. And i do mean a lot.

If they can make areas just as good without him, I'll be impressed.

Music obviously isn't an issue considering how its already done for them.
>>
>>333252952
DUDE
RANDOM TUBES AND CLAWS
LMAO
>>
File: original (2).jpg (298 KB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
original (2).jpg
298 KB, 1920x1038
>>333252952
Yup.
>show off new armor
>it's a Taken variant of old PoE armor and old armor with lights on it
>>
>>333252925
I don't know if they can keep up with that. Even the console causals have caught onto 60fps these days, it's a major advertising point when a game is able to achieve that. Especially when the other two big shooters, COD and halo, are 60fps.
>>
>>333252952
It's confusing to me that they do this. LIke what the fuck are they doing in between these content updates that they can't design a couple of unique sets of gear?
>>
>>333253001
All of the setting and tone was already nailed down anon, they made a 10 year plan, they're not figuring shit out as they go.
Art directors are a lot more important to how a zone comes together and they have motherfuckers like this working for them http://dorjebellbrook.blogspot.co.nz/
>>
>>333250812
I heard about Marty. Such a sleazy scumbaggy thing too do to. Atleast he won the case in the end.
>>
>>333251248
Underrated post
>>
>>333253172
Building Destiny 2 + its expansions at the same time.
Thanks activision.
>>
When I think of Destiny all I can think about is how it took them a year to implement an option to lower the music level.
>>
>>333239953
(You)
>>
File: 1459033676216.jpg (36 KB, 640x334) Image search: [Google]
1459033676216.jpg
36 KB, 640x334
>>333253185
>all that good, unused concept art
I actually want to cry
>>
File: db_destiny_214.jpg (157 KB, 1600x815) Image search: [Google]
db_destiny_214.jpg
157 KB, 1600x815
>>333253185
Oh my fuck, that's some good shit.

Fuck, destiny had SO MUCH potential.

WHY WHY WHY did we have to get a shitty half-mmo with basically no story and no content made to sell DLC and microtransactions

FUCK.
>>
Remember when Evermore emotes and shit were introduced and people legitimately thought it would save the game and boost content?
>>
>>333253436
They have something like 11+ concept artists of that calibre working there. Obviously split into different teams working on different stuff but still.

>>333253440
Because activision wills it friendo

>>333253483
Only an idiot would think that, it actively made WoW worse, why would it make destiny better?
>>
File: db_destiny_221.jpg (262 KB, 1359x1600) Image search: [Google]
db_destiny_221.jpg
262 KB, 1359x1600
>>333253440
Like fuck, dude.

You were supposed to be able to go and explore the ruins, find ancient treasures, return to the hub, meet up with your friends, trade, gamble, form groups, and go back out and adventure again. That was the original vision they always talked about so much.

Nah, we get tiny areas to do repetitive missions over the radio on and then grind the same dungeon a million times to get something half-decent

And then you go back to the tower which only purpose is to return your shitty grind quests or decrypt shit
>>
>>333245597
>>333245940
>Arc Blades are shit

I just want to be anime, damnit.
>>
>>333253762
>YWN explore the expansive ruins of the abandoned solar system with your buds, fight through an ancient crypt, find a powerful treasure, return to the hub and interact with other players and show off your cool shit

>instead you get to grind a dungeon and stand in the tower doing nothing in between runs

Truly the curse of an MMO.

I don't have insane expectations for a console game, but more secrets, mission variety , and most important much more expansive areas to explore, and more areas like old Chicago, Mumbai, Mars ruins, Europa, (which all got removed) would have been my ideal scenario
>>
>>333253762
Instead explore those ruins we got drive your speeder around this linear circle we call a "planet" doing uninspired beacon missiona
>>
>>333254007
Basically just mash halo together with morrowind

Boom

Expansive worlds, deep lore, good missions, Shooting combat, RPG elements and gear, and there ya go.
>>
File: db_destiny_018.jpg (466 KB, 1600x727) Image search: [Google]
db_destiny_018.jpg
466 KB, 1600x727
>>333253762
>>333254007
I figure the dreadnought was more or less how zones should have been because its filled with exploration loot and secrets and shit.
>fight through an ancient crypt, find a powerful treasure, return to the hub and interact with other players and show off your cool shit
Like, thats exactly the shit you do for the final phase of the sword quest, it shows they wanted to have that be the core of the game but activision fucked it all up.
>No vault of charlemagne till destiny 2
it hurts
>>
>>333253992
>cancerdancer crying
Good, you fucks were everywhere early on. It's not actually good, they need to relook at all the subclasses and weapon archetypes again and re-balance shit.
>>
Literally this whole "have all your dlc planned out and potentially even finished before releasing the game" is so scummy. It's literally holding content that could and should be in the base game out so you can charge people for it later. How is that shit okay? And what do you even do over the lifetime of your game if you already have your DLC finished
>>
>>333254453
The problem here is that it 110% works, otherwise publishers wouldn't have jumped onto it as a business model.

>what do you even do over the lifetime of your game if you already have your DLC finished
Make more DLC obviously
>>
>>333254453
>how is that shit okay?

Because people keep buying it

Developers are praised as based when they include even a smidgen of free-dlc after you purchase their 60$ game, and when they don't have day 1 DLC or planned DLC

Weird, isn't it? That should be the standard
>>
File: FUNFUNFUN.png (588 KB, 824x2000) Image search: [Google]
FUNFUNFUN.png
588 KB, 824x2000
/v/ says i hate this game so i have to hate this game sorri
>>
>>333254761
That fucking picture. Kek. That being said though anon /v/ is actually right about this one
>>
I'm new to the game. I'm lvl20 and just completed the base game storyline. Would anyone like to add me on PS4 PSN and we can co-op? I try to gain people in the tower but everyone is either south American or ignores me.

Thank you. Looking to just try other aspects of the game every day/night with some fireteam.
>>
>>333254987

my PSN is stardreamcan
>>
>>333250382
So both of these guys left? If so where did they go? And do you think it kills them that they don't get to work on the project they came up with anymore and they have to see it go in the direction it is going
>>
>>333245665
>>333245597
Bubble titan is full anti-shitter the super mang

Love pissing off Hunters and Warlocks with that super.
>>
>>333250382
What are you people talking about? I watched this and it's literally what destiny is. Maybe they missed the mark with the whole social aspect of it. Sharing your stories in the tower and what not. But other than that this is Destiny.
>>
>>333255393
As has been posted already. The bubble is terrible because it's literally one of the easiest supers to counter. It's pretty shit
>>
>>333255303
Joseph left to form his own new game studio. (He was one of the founding members of bungie)

I imagine they're disappointed. They worked on that game for over 6 years, and it did not turn out how they wanted it to, at all, thanks to Activision

>>333255621
Sure, in the same way a short story is similar to a novel
>>
>>333255858
Seems pretty much what they showed is how destiny is today
>>
Okay so why do they ride the hive cock so much in this game? I mean it feels like the other enemy races haven't gotten nearly as much attention as the faggot ass hive has
>>
>>333256251
No, they showed much more areas, story, and basically an entirely different direction in general. They were adamant about it NOT being and MMO, and I believe it used to not be as similar to an MMO as it is today.

You're wrong either way, Marty O'Donnell confirmed that the game underwent a MAJOR change in summer 2013 ( which is way after this presentation happened)
>>
>>333254987
PSN Quantum_Shift

>>333255303
Marty made his own studio and he's working with the guy in charge of design and balance from halo 1/2, they're making a VR title where you play as a blind kid that controls/possesses golems.

>>333256251
The dreadnought is how all of destiny should have been

>>333256296
Because this is chapter 2 of at least 10
>>
>>333250382
>no Tigerman

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333257245
Sounds better than gay awoken to be quite honest my famalamadingdong
>>
File: 1367903788218.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1367903788218.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
>>333257245
>No tigerwoman
>>
>>333239463
You know a game is bad when Bungie fanboys are lashing out against them. For years Bungie had the most loyal group of dick suckers, they lapped up anything that Bungie shit out. Destiny has proven to everyone how shit they are without MS backing them.
>>
>>333257641
No it's proven how shit activision are.
Microsoft are behind the abortion known as the halo 4 and 5 campaign.
>>
>>333257752
>it's proven how shit activision are
I thought it was just implied that Activision was always shit?
>>
>>333257847
To the point where they could destroy one of the most promising game universes of all time?
They've proven it now.
>>
File: 1449734932585.jpg (131 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1449734932585.jpg
131 KB, 525x809
>bungo leaves Microsoft stating they wanted more creative control
>bungo signs with Activsion
>>
>>333257914
Because retarded Activision execs just want the sales, they don't actually care about the game or what the devs think
>>
File: oZQXr.gif (650 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
oZQXr.gif
650 KB, 446x251
>>333257986
>signs with Activision
>for TEN YEARS

>AFTER JUST LEAVING THEIR TEN-YEAR PARTNERSHIP WITH MICROSOFT
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.