[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this herald the end of WoW as we knew it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: 123125431.jpg (79 KB, 324x350) Image search: [Google]
123125431.jpg
79 KB, 324x350
Did this herald the end of WoW as we knew it?
>>
>>333239213
That moonkin pet did. People accepted vanity pets, so Blizzard tried mounts next.
>>
No 1+ years without new content did.
>>
>>333239213
No, it was the year gap of content during WotLK, and then the subsequent bowel movement that was Cataclysm.
>>
Pretty sure it was the dungeon finger patch. Around the same time as that mount.
>>
>>333239541

You now realize idiots pay for expansions that have more time without content than with.
>>
>>333239541
fuck you phaggot cataclysm was the best expansion at launch
>>
>>333239213
I think it did. It represented what blizzard was willing to do with the game to make a profit. Things only went downhill from then on.
>>
>>333239213
A blue ethereal horse with armor.

Where have I heard this before.
>>
File: 1427404005036.png (830 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1427404005036.png
830 KB, 792x792
I have some friends who still play this game constantly, I have no idea what they are doing though. I think they've been fighting Gul Dan for a year.
>>
I hear there are no good TBC servers, what's the highest English pop. WotLK server?
>>
Casualized Themepark MMOs were a mistake.

EQ did it well because it took so long to level, and the raiding content was overtuned or just fucked in general.

Blizzard did well making raid content that was actually difficult, but constantly lowered the hurdle to make sure more fatties could walk over it.

Now that end game content is easily completed in an EZ mode format, the content is chewed through instantly and becomes rinse and repeat boring bullshit.
>>
TotC patch

RIP in peace Seal of Blood
>>
>>333239585
Nope. Already confirmed it's just dumb nostalgia. Spending 30+ minutes to find a group that would only complete the dungeon 80% of the time was not a good thing. Sitting in a capitol city spamming LFG chat for 20 minutes did not make the community better. The reason shit like Deadmines and SFK were run so much, to the point people would be getting barely any XP is because other dungeons like Wailing Caverns and BFD were awful and after waiting forever to get your group together would always end halfway through with someone having to go because of how long BFD was, or people quitting cus of trash pulls on WC.

In short, continuing to parot that group finder "killed the community" only outs you as a retard.

Linking all the AH's together killed the community, as now there was no point to hanging out in Ironforge or Stormwind, you could no longer treat dead capitols AH's like Black Markets, where only people in the know would know to check.

As of WoD, linking Horde and Alliance AH's did this further, as now there's no reason to go to Gadgetzan and shit to use their neutral AHs.
>>
>>333244371
TotC was the only time dailies were ever done right though. As a raid it was underwhelming, especially after Ulduar, but it was solid end-game.

Only thing that's come close is ToT dailies.
>>
The Activision merger won't change anything, they said.

Blizzard will still be in charge, they said.

Going public and being beholden to shareholders who would have you do anything to make money for them isn't a problem, they said.

The day that shit happened both WoW and Blizzard were doomed.
>>
>>333245502
The Activision merger didn't see any major negatives to WoW for awhile. The public shareholding is when all the retarded shit started going on.

Same thing with Diablo 3.
>>
>>333239213
Who cares, let dead games rest.
>>
>>333245247
>Linking all the AH's together killed the community

This, I remember going to Thunderbluff cus some guild would put up cheap Netherweave bags there for noobies and I'd just take them all and resell them at Undercity for a massive p.
>>
>>333241278
They're playing the garrison facebook game.
>>
>>333239410

that moonkin was fucking adorable and i have literally bought 4, go fuck yourself
>>
>>333245573
Activision is public and Blizzard (as a subsidiary) became public when Activision acquired them.
>>
File: dDGdzWv.jpg (44 KB, 428x700) Image search: [Google]
dDGdzWv.jpg
44 KB, 428x700
Months of SoO on end now makes me loath that fucking city
>>
>>333245704
>the reason we can't have nice things
>>
Rift's version of that mount was way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG-rqzjeu88

Step your game up Blizzard, come on.
>>
The crossrealm stuff helped the low pops but along with the group finder it made things not as personal

I admit i fucking hated /who for party members and then waiting to meet up but you made some really good friends this way
>>
>>333242159
Thats why they have difficulties for raids, any pleb can say "Hurr I cleared HFC on lfr difficulty."

But until you clear Mythic, then you can't talk shit about easy.
>>
>>>/vg/137609870

Reminder that this is the playerbase until at least mid-late september.
>>
>>333245247
>Spending 30+ minutes to find a group that would only complete the dungeon 80% of the time was not a good thing.
Then find a guild/circle of friends that you can run dungeons with, faggot. That's what you were supposed to do, not spam lfg/trade chat every single time you wanted a group. You're supposed to make friends and meaningful connections with people.

Ground finder had a huge hand in killing server communities. No amount of you being a retard on 4chan will change that.
>>
>>333246226
Pretty much this. Also the implementation of CRZ didn't help much either.

Christ I still dont know why they just go fuck it and make mega servers.
>>
File: is it over.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
is it over.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
No, this did.
>>
>>333246039
The point of a raid is to not have difficulty levels. It's meant to be the BBEG, it shouldn't be flexible in difficulty.
>>
>>333246847
that's not how u keep subs
>>
>>333247492
>We will not disclose subscription numbers anymore
Neither is the other way, anon.
>>
>>333247492
4 separate raid difficulties and subs are lower than ever.

Might wanna rethink that theory of yours.
>>
>>333247614
it worked for a while. it was a form of life support. wow's 10 years old shouldn't even be alive at this point
>>
>>333246723
Yep. Everything past this exact point in time has been shit.
>>
>>333246723
>we killed him
>when they could have had us save him

Fuck Blizzard.
>>
>>333247681
>>it worked for a while. it was a form of life suppor
No, because said retards will just clear LFR and say "Oh well, I've cleared it now" and then stop.
>>
>>333245639
>killed the community
You mean killed your faggy scalping,
>>
>>333239460
Underrated post.
>>
Nah, it was this. Not only did WoW die, any notion of community or giving a shit about the other people on your server in any MMO died with it. Cash shop mounts didn't make people totally stop talking to each other.
>>
I don't get it, what is the deal with this blue horse thing? I haven't wow'd since I was 15.
>>
File: 523px-DemonicFortress.png (119 KB, 523x600) Image search: [Google]
523px-DemonicFortress.png
119 KB, 523x600
>>333241278
>mfw I've been doing gul'dan mythic forever with no goddamn reason to do so
>>
Man, I fucking hate the gameplay of wow but the other features of the game are awesome, for example de mounts.
>>
File: flame hypo.jpg (205 KB, 1061x722) Image search: [Google]
flame hypo.jpg
205 KB, 1061x722
is this bad boy still available in the official WoW servers?
>>
>>333247934
This. I fuckind hate this trash.
>>
>>333247934
>queuing as a tank
>5 minutes tops
>queuing as dps
>1hr plus
>queuing as a healer
>sneeze and you already are afk

dps is suffering
>>
>>333246178
No, that is not the playerbase, please don't group the rest of us players in with those fucking degenerates.
>>
>>333245247
>Spending 30+ minutes to find a group that would only complete the dungeon 80% of the time was not a good thing. Sitting in a capitol city spamming LFG chat for 20 minutes did not make the community better.
It's the reason the community even existed, so yes, you dumb-fuck, it did.

Just because you somehow couldn't make any fucking friends inf a game with millions of players isn't the game's fault.
>>
>tfw transmogging full Blackrock armour and Hellreaver as a death knight
literally edge incarnate
>>
>pay 40euros for expansion pack
>pay 15euros a month sub
>pay 45euros if you want server transfer and faction change
>pay 20 euros for a pet/mount
>oh you finished current raid content, wait one year and pay another 50euros to get more
>>
>>333249820

yes

but it takes weeks of dailies

I got it when the content was relevant
>>
>>333245247
>Spending 30+ minutes to find a group that would only complete the dungeon 80% of the time was not a good thing

But it was a great social aspect of the game. It made it feel like an actual world. You got to know the people in your group. You made friends and added people to your friends list that could tank and heal properly. Doing a dungeon and coordinating with the group could be real intense at times and felt very rewarding once you pulled everything off.

Now its just rushing through the same dungeons over and over, facerolling everything, and no social interaction whatsoever. So, yeah, the dungeon finder kinda ruined the community. maybe its just me though.
>>
>>333245247
It maybe didn't kill it but it certainly added to the increasing problem of not needing to socialize with other people in game. Combine it with the retard proof dungeon designs and you end up with no one ever uttering a word in a group setting, in the one area where people should be talking and working to cooperate and complete content.

The worst shit are what guilds have turned into. People just spamming /ginvite to everyone on a /who list with a premade /whisper to go with it. And what happens when you join? You get a welcome from maybe 2 or 3 people and then you stop existing.

The game got too big and got too casual and there's no going back. Regardless of how Legion turns out, the game is dead and the only thing they can do is abandon WoW and start from square one which they will never be able to do in blizzard's current condition.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVal6o6bzZ8
>>
>>333246723
yes. thats when i said enough is enough.
>>
>>333245247
this idiot
>>
>>333245247
Aren't you already spending 30+ minutes waiting for a damn healer/tank to join anyway?

Granted you aren't the healer or tank.
>>
So WoW pulled a Runescape by killing all of its player interaction?
>>
>>333239213

the lich king dying was the end of WoW as a fun mmo with a moderately cohesive story. everything from cataclysm onward was asspull after asspull
>>
>>333245870
I would have kept playing this if it didn't look like gears of war with all the brown and shit when it released. 99% of armor looked like absolute dog shit.
>>
>>333250472
>You made friends and added people to your friends list that could tank and heal properly

i remember running maraudon, scholomance and blackrock for hours straight with the same group of people, trying to get through it and hopeing to not die and run into the instance again which took minutes. it truly was a social game and nobody bitched about it takeing more than 30 minutes.
>>
>>333251037
>which they will never be able to do in blizzard's current condition.
they tried and failed with Titan. the only way to resurrect the MMO-genre is for WoW to end. not slowly die off, but officially end. that and a company that actually tries to make a decent MMO and not just publish korean-grindfest-12.
>>
>>333239213

As a hardcore TBC raider, I felt the Curse of Doom hit when Sunwell was patched in
It wasnt the shitty tack on raid, wasnt the welfare epics, the badges or Kael being rehashed

Just that they announced they won't be making class-specific armor sets anymore, only armor-type specific sets.

They clearly were just testing the waters, and now everything looks the same. - but hey you can transmog on severely outdated armors onto your new ones - distraction.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.