[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've never played a Zelda game my entire life, thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 600x877) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 600x877
So I've never played a Zelda game my entire life, thinking I should get started now since it's kinda a culturally important game series. Gonna start with twilight princes on the wii, where should I proceed after thart?
>>
Bump pls respond
>>
Zelda games aren't that good imo, some nice music and character designs but I didn't feel compelled to play through most of them. But you should try A Link to the Past or Ocarina. Link's Awakening is fine, though limited by the capabilities of the Game Boy.
>>
Tp is a 3/10 game start with links awakening
>>
>>333235316
Link to the past is best link
>>
>>333235316
What's your job where something culturally important matters? I'm a standup comedian and culture is my job and i won't play a game for that reason because it would make me sound like an asshole
>>
>>333235316
>culturally important
Faggot
>>
>>333235316
Just play Wind Waker and then stop.
>>
>>333235316
>twilight princes on the wii
Dont
Unless you mean HD on WiiU?
>>
>TP

It's shit. Start with OoT like everyone else.
>>
Do the gamecube version of TP if you have to start with that one.
>>
dem hips
>>
>>333236871
>your job where something culturally important matters
he never said that
>>
File: 1297364098818.jpg (12 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
1297364098818.jpg
12 KB, 380x247
>TP Wii

You're setting sail for fail mate.

Besides, TP is full of lore that you wouldn't get if it's your first. Like, you probably wouldn't figure out who Happy Mask Salesman's counterpart is and all that.

Play OoT, MM, TWW and then TP.

Unless you're a true gamer. Then start with the original and work your way through chronologically, skipping the non-canon games that I will now list.

TP Wii, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, Tri Force Heroes.
>>
Start with ALttP, then OoT, then Zelda 1. If you like ALttP more, go through the 2D games. If OoT, go through the 3D games. If Zelda 1, maybe play Zelda II and weep for the current state of the series.
>>
>>333237635
>Unless you're a true gamer.
being a true gamer doesn't make nostalgia-goggles appear out of nowhere
>Play OoT, MM, TWW and then TP.
lore-wise only oot and tp are connected though.

also note that there are oot-style zeldagames (focus on dungeon) and mm-style games (focus on exploring the world) and most people prefer only one of them.
>>
>>333238137
>le old games suck, must be nostalgia goggles meme

Grow some standards.
>>
>>333237635
>skipping the non-canon games that I will now list.

You mean "skipping the games I don't like, thus will call them non-canon"

Don't listen to that nigger OP, start from the first and work your way up. You may hate some of them, but you'll appreciate the series to its fullest by the time you finish.
>>
>>333237635
Glad to know some of my favorites made it on your list of canon games, like Wand of Gamelon, Faces of evil, Zelda's adventure, Link's crossbow training, Tingle's rosy rupee land, Tingle's love balloon trip and Hyrule Warriors.
You, sir, are a TRUE gamer, (; upvoted.
>>
>>333237635
>you probably wouldn't figure out who Happy Mask Salesman's counterpart is
Why are you just spouting bullshit?
>>
File: 1453966373824.jpg (11 KB, 102x137) Image search: [Google]
1453966373824.jpg
11 KB, 102x137
>>333238137
>lore-wise only oot and tp are connected though.
>OoT and MM are not connected
>OoT and WW are not connected
>>
>>333236110

This.
>>
>>333238137
>also note that there are oot-style zelda games and mm-style games
And people who just want to replay A link to the past.
>>
>>333235316
Ocarina of Time, original windwaker, majoras mask, link to the past, forget all the others.
>>
>>333241446
Like this guy
>>333241636
>>
>>333241664
I listed both though? A good games a good game.
>>
>>333241751
>Forget all the others
Link to the past fans always resent Link's awakening, the superior one.
>>
Link to the Past is good for providing a fundamental knowledge of the nature of Zelda games, in terms of both game play and lore. So I would suggest starting with that.

OoT and MM are the next games, and they too sort of set the groundwork for the full enjoyment of WW and TP. If you have a 3DS, play the remakes of OoT and MM. And also try out Link between Worlds, that game is very similar to LttP.
>>
>>333236067
This.
>>
>>333236871
>Comedian

>Job
>>
>>333235316
>he's never played a single Zelda game
Kek

Play OoT instead of TP, it's way better. At least play the HD version of TP, since it's supposed to be the same but better too. Or play OoT afterward, whatever. Then proceed with the 3D Zeldas in order from there.

As far as 2D Zelda goes, ALTTP is the definitive one. Check out OoS and OoA after that, then maybe LA, which admittedly I've never played. Maybe the Minish Cap too, which again I've never played. But do play ALBW, it's probably the best Zelda game since MM.
>>
>>333241214
Beth's dad. It's obvious.
>>
>>333235316
You need to stop masturbating. Stop watching TV. Stop listening to music. For a few days to a week when you get home just read a book or stare at the lawn. Only after you've de-stimulated yourself will you be ready to appreciate and enjoy a good zelda game. Seriously if you dont do this you will be irced by the old graphics and wont immerse yourself in the games properly.

Start with the oldest game you want to play. NES was ok but might drive you to put your fist through a wall. SNES is where I'd start personally. After that work your way up through the games in chronological order.

Of particular cultural importance/being known for being really fucking good:

Link to the past
Ocarina of time
Twilight Princes (debated though).

If you owned a gameboy at any point in your childhood play the gameboy zelda game. It was known as being one of if not the best gameboy game, though IIRC is very similar to link to the past.
>>
>>333235316
Minish Cap had some of my favorite puzzles in it. Put that on your list.
>>
>>333235316
No one is going to mention it but play Zelda 2.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.