[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead Space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: WeaponSlider.jpg (38 KB, 670x360) Image search: [Google]
WeaponSlider.jpg
38 KB, 670x360
Dead space just got released as the free download game for Xbox Gold. I've always wanted to play it, but I'm sitting on a huge back catalog of games. Is it worth just putting a day aside and running through it? What does /v/ think about Dead Space?
>>
>>333234449

DS1 was pretty fun - more of a shooter with spooky elements instead of a true horror game and you'll get used to the vent popping. But lots of gametime, good combat, and varied locations and bosses.

Definitely worth a playthrough. I recommend starting off on the highest difficultly to make it more tense. After you beat that it unlocks an even harder difficultly level that, I think, only gives you 3 saves for the whole game (or was that just DS2?)
>>
File: 1442211952811.png (156 KB, 451x387) Image search: [Google]
1442211952811.png
156 KB, 451x387
>>333234449
nigger you haven't played it?

what the fuck are you waiting for? get out of here and play this shit, it's fucking awesome
>>
>>333234675
pretty sure that was in the first dead space as well
>>
Wasn't it already out with gold at one point?

I could have sworn that was the reason I finally got around to playing it
>>
You'll love it, bro. Trust me.
>>
Something about being older, more responsibilities, family, etc but last gen I hardly completed many games and found my time spent with multiplayer games like cod, but I must have finished that game 5 times
>>
>>333234449
One of the best FPS out there. Everyone should play it.
>>
>>333234913
>FPS
I fucked up
>>
>>333234913
This. Dead Space is my fav RTS.
>>
Its a real shame what they did with Dead Space 3.
I was sort of excited when I first saw it since I thought they would go all out with The Thing vibes by stranding you in a frozen wasteland. Instead I got a Gears of War ripoff.
>>
>>333235153
a The Thing game in the style of Dead Space, fuck man. I want it.
>>
>>333235248
I think there already is an official The Thing game. Not sure if it plays like DS though.
>>
Good atmosphere throughout, gameplay got a tad boring towards the end but at least the cutting limbs is a unique feature.

Unfortunately the story doesn't progress too fast. You're basically repairing the ship for the first half of the game which was also the problem of System Shock 2, a game Dead Space tries to heavily emulate.
>>
>>333235354
Yeah, it's for PS1 or something. Plays like a survival horror though I think.
>>
File: Suit1.jpg (422 KB, 1838x750) Image search: [Google]
Suit1.jpg
422 KB, 1838x750
Pick one.
>>
>>333235467
Pajamas or nothing.
>>
>a game i bought in 2009 for $15 has finally been given as a free game for a $10 a month membership.

Jesus christ this industry really is on its last legs. Great game though op i'm sure you'll enjoy it.
>>
File: Dead Space 2015-08-31 01-25-49.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dead Space 2015-08-31 01-25-49.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
>>333235153
Crashing on Tau Volantis and trying not to freeze to death was my favorite part. I know this is a meme phrase, but it would be a good game if it wasn't a Dead Space game.
>>
File: 1337368532897.png (106 KB, 597x539) Image search: [Google]
1337368532897.png
106 KB, 597x539
>>333234449
Pretty good. The franchise has a similar progression of quality as the Mass Effect Games

>First game was really good, trying some new stuff out, but overall a really great experience

>Second game improved on the first in most areas, but was more action-oriented, and removed/changed some small details that should have been left alone
>(Ie. Isaac has a voice now, and the aim lasers from the weapons just point to the center of the screen, instead of being projected onto the environment)

>Third game was absolute garbage that only expanded on the action even further, to the detriment of the rest of the game, and completely missed the point of what the franchise was about.
>"No guys, what our horror franchise REALLY needs is a forced love triangle"
>>
File: 1453166340521.jpg (69 KB, 447x453) Image search: [Google]
1453166340521.jpg
69 KB, 447x453
>>333236147

>Third game was absolute garbage that only expanded on the action even further, to the detriment of the rest of the game, and completely missed the point of what the franchise was about.
>"No guys, what our horror franchise REALLY needs is a forced love triangle"

>not bringing up the fact that they made some shit garbage ending just like ME3
>fucking "true" ending is locked behind DLC
>mfw its still shit and makes you regret even playing the game

Still blinded by rage to this day.
>>
>>333235153

Dead Space 3 was actually fun for co-op, but it was a shit Dead Space game.

I kinda saw the way the series was going though after Dead Space 2. Don't get me wrong, I liked DS2, but there was definitely a bigger focus on action. DS3 just turned that up to 11 and forgot shit isn't spooky when you can attach a rocket launcher to a machine gun with universal ammo.

Anyone think they'll revisit the series any time soon? Apparently since DS3 sold poorly (shit marketing campaign and massive sales target) they shelved the series.
>>
>>333236513
I was so uninvested in the story by that point that I just looked up the DLC ending online.

Also I forgot about the Rail shooter they made on the wii. Shit was dope.
>>
>>333236674

I hated how DS3 gave you universal ammo but I noticed that enemies are MUCH faster in 3. Maybe it's just because I haven't played 1 and 2 in ages but I recently replayed 3 for shits and giggles and I don't remember necromorphs being so fast and spazzy in 1 or 2.
>>
>>333236513

I kinda like the DLC ending.

I mean, it's probably a cop-out hallucination like DS1's ending if they decide to make more games, but I think it fits the series. Everything is terrible in the DS universe and between EarthGov and the Unitologists we were fucked anyway. I'd be more interested in Earth being completely lost/destroyed in future games and seeing how that effects other human colonies.
>>
NICOLE IS ALIVE
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.