[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chalice dungeons literally killed the replayability of this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: wlgaxbmaphnw3am5tnla-1.jpg (216 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wlgaxbmaphnw3am5tnla-1.jpg
216 KB, 1280x720
Chalice dungeons literally killed the replayability of this game
>>
Even without them, it's still more replayability than the rest of the Souls games.
>>
Can't you just ignore them?
>>
They're soo fucking easy though.
>>
>>333234427
Explain how optional dungeons kill replays?
>>
>>333234737
Not OP but they're a huge pain the ass to run through every time you want to make a new character. In previous games, you just had to rush to whatever weapon you wanted and the upgrade materials you needed. Now you have to complete nearly all of the chalices over again and THEN you can begin grinding for gems.
>>
>>333234737
You need to grind for chalice gems to not take a million hits to kill someone in pvp
>>
>>333234529
Not if you want to pvp. But why would you it's complete shit in this game
>>
>>333234737
Cant get beast claws without them.
>>
>>333235730
You could always just twink and use the DLC winter lantern gems.

Also its not hard to get through chalices. From start to finish on my latest character (arcane), it took 35 hours to reach Yharnam and get all my delicious gems. For a physical build it would be much easier.

Also PVP is awesome in Bloodborne, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>333234524
this
>>
Why? Just do them quickly
>>
Is the DLC worth picking up just for the weapons?
>>
>>333235443
>>333235730
>>333235783
That doesn't change the premise that why the chalice dungeons are optional
>>
>>333234524
>>333236086
there are no builds and not that many bosses, BB playthroughs are the shortest after DeS
>>
Don't have a PS4. How long does it take to grind a PvP ready character in Bloodborne? I loved the Pvp aspect of Dark Souls
>>
>>333236296
it still make shit content mandatory if you want to experience the whole game. And to restrict some major DLC content via chalice dungeons is stupid as fuck.
>>
I've played 50 hours of BB and still have no idea what a Chalice Dungeon is.
>>
>>333234427

>vast amount of content
>can choose procedurally generated versions after beating the concrete versions
>completely optional

how is this a bad thing?
>>
>>333236296
chalice dungeons are not optional if you want to pvp.
pvp adds to replayibility
needing to grind chalice dungeon to grind gem in root chalice dungeon detracts from replayibility
>>
>>333236458
I hat Chalice Dungeons too, but the Story Chalice are worth doing at least once for the bosses.

They seemed confusing at first but a bit of research and I was good to go
>>
I never got into pvp because it became about grinding for hundreds of hours to get some autistic piece of equipment.
>>
>>333236521
>can choose procedurally generated versions after beating the concrete versions
needing to beat the same concrete version that gives shit loot just to grind in the procedurally generated versions for each new character is tedious
>>
>>333235730
Bloodborne's PVP is unironically the most balanced in the series. Git gud and L2parry heals shitter.
>>
>>333236381
From beginning of the game to the very end? You're looking at 30-40 hours depending on how good you are, maybe faster if you know your shit.
>>
>>333234540
Confirmed for never doing defiled amy
>>
>>333236938
Defiled Amy is literally the easiest defiled boss, though. You can just bait jumps all day when you fight it solo.

Defiled Keeper is so fucking irritating, especially on twinks. Sometimes she just glitches through the ceiling after a parry, too.
>>
>>333236284
They're broken as fuck so yes
>>
>>333236635

kind of a minor gripe since the dungeons are hard enough that you can't just jump right into them without leveling a character through the main game anyway. doing that and then quickly running through the concrete version doesn't seem like that big of a deal unless you have like ten characters
>>
File: 1454959076136.png (144 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1454959076136.png
144 KB, 500x446
>>333237282
>completed chalices on all 10 of my characters
>never have to go through it again

Pretty sure I'm at around 800-900 hours.
>>
you're right
>>
This was my first souls game. It always seemed weird to me how anal the community was about pvp. Some folks say healing isn't ok even though it's a gameplay mechanic and then some folks get mad at you because you use the Ludwig Holy Blade or the Beast Hunter Saif or the Katana and Evelyn.
>>
>>333237774
Those people are faggots. Do anything to win, fuck honor niggers.
>>
>>333234427
And thats why the game is shit. literally no unique builds
>>
>>333236296
I guess they're 'optional' in the sense that in DS, you don't technically NEED to spend souls to level up and could complete it on level 1 if you're good enough.
>>
>>333237282
that is still a mandatory couple of hours needed to speed run the non-root versions. This isn't an mmo where you need to grind for one thing to be able to grind for another thing.
>>
>rehashed bosses
>common enemy bosses
>npc bosses
>shit bosses
>shitty random generated rooms
>grinding for gems

It is the fucking worst, but still the least annoying "mechanic that absolutely shits the game" so far.

Chalice dungeons>World Tendency>Soul Memory
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.