[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have all the resources you need to make a Flash videogame,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1459729074813.jpg (38 KB, 589x399) Image search: [Google]
1459729074813.jpg
38 KB, 589x399
You have all the resources you need to make a Flash videogame, how do you make it an amazing game.
>>
Make it longer than 1 attosecond
>>
add taskmaster
>>
File: I'm really seeing it.png (470 KB, 750x525) Image search: [Google]
I'm really seeing it.png
470 KB, 750x525
>>333232249
make an RPG where every little action is dictated by music. You navigate the menus, use abilities, and even have actions that require input, but it syncs with the music. Breaking the rhythm causes either damage or debuffs, and the opposite can occur if you keep within the rhythm of the song for a period of time.

Possibly find a way to make it so you can put in your own soundtrack or something.
>>
Make Lois Lane the key
>>
>>333233049
AH FUCK ME, i thought this was a topic on making a flash game by using flash program...

well, I just humiliated myself. I feel proud of myself now
>>
>>333232249
Make it for charity
>>
>>333233049
Get out of my head.

Imagine The Desolate Hope, only now you have to do all of that bullshit to a beat on top of everything else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WJdpOLm7Fg
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x300
>>333233049
>>333233156
Haw haw, you accidentally contributed something meaningful to a shitposting thread!
>>
File: 1449352135758.jpg (342 KB, 1280x998) Image search: [Google]
1449352135758.jpg
342 KB, 1280x998
>>333232249
Some may think it's hard because the op features. I say fuck them; don't base it around they been overpowered, base it on the reverse flash outsmarting Barry allen.
>>
File: 1225251045303.jpg (139 KB, 300x391) Image search: [Google]
1225251045303.jpg
139 KB, 300x391
>>333232927
>taskmaster
>DC Comics
>>
>>333232249
Make it like sonic adventure.
>>
Character action game, being able to attack an enemy then quickly switch to another one mid-combo works well with flash, and he could have an evade mechanic like Witch Time for Bayonetta where everything slows down afterwards for a short time.
Not too heavily invested in flash, don't know a ton about him, but it could be an interesting concept.
>>
The GBA game was pretty alright. Just make it sort of like that but better.
>>
>>333232249
Gotta go fast
>>
>>333234381
They mean Sportsmaster
>>
>>333234953

What the hell is a "character action" game?
>>
Make Superspeed work like it does in Saints Row with it being increasingly in strength and total speed and being endless. Speed force powers are used in lieu of weapons, (Tornados, lightning, infinite mass punch, shit like that) Your attacks become more effective with velocity so the challenge will be building up enough speed by avoiding obstacles which will slow you down but not stop you completely if you hit them. As the game progresses you grow and tap the speedforce ever more, vibrating through walls and objects, turning into a streak, able to break the sound barrier and weaponize sonic booms.

Boss fights will be members of the rogues gallery that must be fought strategically. Captain cold for instance will try to slow flash down and stop him, freezing his feet, plants bombs that must be defused in a time limit, things like that. Mirror Master will create mirror tracks that the Flash will race through, Captain Boomerang has to have his attacks kited back to him. It would be semi-open world with large areas in which a lot of things happen but in a set order that lets you Zoom around and solve mini-crimes and shit if you choose to enable them while just flashing about. In the course of the game there will be several "Race" stages which will function similarily to 3D sonic games, or F-zero with only one lap but faster, and obstacles wont stop you outright but rather slow you down. You'll face opponents, both hero and villains in them.

Superman, Jay Garrick, Kid Flash, This kind of ultra-fast travel will also be used for fast travelling between areas in the world map. You'll get faster and faster throughout the game eventually facing off against Reverse Flash, or Zoom, or Godspeed, the final boss will be The Crisis and Black Flash and You'll have to race him to the end of time by bursting through the speedforce. Time travel and all kinds of other shit.
>>
>using Flash for videogame making
>>
Temple run but faster
>>
>>333235225
Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising, that kind of style. I honestly don't know how to describe it, but it's incredibly stylish combo-based combat.
>>
Make it similar to the TV series where he's just gotten his powers and can't go stupidly fast yet. Main problem solved.

The TV series almost had this down, but then they fucked it up by making him able to run fast enough to break spacetime, yet still somehow not fast enough to defeat non-speedsters in an instant.
>>
Make it as much like Sonic 06 as possible
>>
>>333235627
>fast enough to break spacetime
that was just the speedforce
he still hasn't gone the speed of light yet
speedforce users can timetravel without breaking ftl
>>
>>333232249
Toss it out the window and get some better comics for source material.
Modern Judge Dredd game when?
>>
>>333235308
another thing I'd implement, is there is NO Maximum speed. Time slows down and you speed up ever faster the more speed you build up, you build toward barrier breaks. Flash gets harder to control each time you break one of these, along with lots of pretty visual cues, And each one costs a significant amount of calories (Your health) Which can be replenished while running by going near food sources, Flash will have a tiered system of speed barrier breaks he's capable of surpassing without needing to refuel later in the game to place a sort of limit for narrative and gameplay purposes, but they can be circumnavigated by skilled enough players.

Sound Barrier: Creates Sonic boom, can be used to cause immense damage, and on impact delivers incredible damage to most enemy.
Redshift. Flash is approaching the Speed of Light now, And this puts tremendous strain on his body, any damage taken while at this speed will do be magnified and it takes a big chunk of his calories, this activates the infinite mass punch and the doppleganger effect after the first time he does it.

Blueshift: Flash has now broken the speed of Light barrier and is approaching the time barrier, When the Flash goes this fast, he can see a glint of the black flash running toward him, the longer he stays in this mode, the closer he gets to him. This enables flash to travel back and forward in time to alternate timeline areas, as well as to other earths.

Speedforce shift. Flash is now going so fast he exists as pure energy and the Speedforce. the last barrier to break and at this speed Flash will constantly drain calories away ,accelerating until he dissapears into the speedforce forever, This kind of speed allows flash to run through time and dimensions effortlessly, vibrating through reality and running across the length and breadth of time and space to the very end if he can maintain it. (And it would be the key to defeating the last boss)
>>
>>333235742
>Was a bout to question it
>realise i drew the picture OP posted.
>>
>>333236165
speedforce is some crazy shit
be glad you aren't tapped into it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMe1qlyuMXQ
>>
File: 437[1].jpg (280 KB, 1911x1110) Image search: [Google]
437[1].jpg
280 KB, 1911x1110
>>333234236
Heh, make it time travelling game about bullying Barry and it would be perfect.
>>
>>333235762
What if there was a dedicated button to shout "I AM THE LAW"
>>
Sonic adventure/Unleashed meets Devil May Cry.
As in, you go real fast, dodge obstacles and if you so wish you can stop and engage enemies in close combat.

Here the gameplay mechanics present a choice to the player: You can blaze through levels, dodging enemies, obstacles, and buildings, and manuevering areas trying to maintain speed, or you can engage in cqc and explore your array of abilities beyond running fast.
Engaging in either increases your 'level' in either Run or Fight, opening up more techniques for each, such as phazing and parkour for Run and Tornado and Crater for Fight.

All bosses can be fought in your preferred format bar a few select ones. It should be possible to beat the Run bosses even with all Fight leveling, and vice versa, but obviously much more difficult since you didn't invest any stats there.
>>
Han solo dies at the end
>>
>>333236509
We know, the movie's been out since december, faggot anyone who was going to see it who cares about spoilers has already seen it
>>
>>333236338
There'd definitely be one, SWAT4 style.
>>
>>333236295
>Remember when someone made a screenshot with all the times you were humiliated?
>IT WAS ME, BARRY! ME!!
>>
>>333233049
So crypt of the necrodancer?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.