[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: japrpg.jpg (139 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
japrpg.jpg
139 KB, 322x400
Alright /v/, whats the consensus? Worth playing, or nah?
>>
>>333231675
>implying anyone owns a piiu
>>
>>333231675
Yes.

As far as open world games go, it's one of my favorites. Just because it's not medieval or post apocalypse though, mostly.
The story is pretty good but nothing special. If the setting doesn't appeal to you, the game and story won't carry it. Gotta want to explore and fight all the big shit to see it through to the end.

Might as well play it before the servers die too, since getting your end-game mechs would be impossible without the online missions(which can be completed singleplayer without issue, but can't be done offline. Think Dragons Dogma kind of.)
>>
>>333233980
How far in do the mechs come into play?
Thy seem really cool.
>>
Depends on your attention span and IQ.
>>
>>333234821
It takes around 15-20 hours to get your first skell.
>>
File: Ares 90.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ares 90.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
>>333231675
Who /ares90/ here?
>>
>>333235146
Got the ares 90, revenge killed a bunch of tyrants; immediately got bored.

The game was fun up to that point.
>>
>>333233980
>before the servers die
I thought nintendo network servers never die
>>
>>333232779
I own a Wii U. Who make the piiu?
>>
>>333235314
Try to complete all missions then. I got mine too and I killed most of the big Tyrants. I just need to kill the level 99 Telythia the Endbringer.
>>
>>333235502
I'll go back eventually and do the missions and maybe make a beefier mech. Taking a break from it for a bit. Played it everyday for like a month straight.

I wish the multiplayer was better and actually had people join my world and vice versa.
>>
>>333234901
>IQ
This isn't the first time I've seen this and I really hope it's the same anon, otherwise there is a group of XCX fans with delusions of grandeur.
Just because the system is more convoluted than other JRPG, doesn't make you a fucking genius for grasping it. The writing is at a junior high level at best, it's not a game for "only smart people"
>>
>>333232779
>implying that opinion is relevant anymore
>>
I really liked the game's premise, for some reason the idea of America existing on an alien planet is an appealing one to me. Exploring the alien world was a lot of fun.
>>
>>333234821
You can unlock character customization after chapter 5, giant robots after 6 and flight after 9 (these are all optional at the time). The first few missions are basically tutorials, so how long it takes is a function of how you want to play. Not rushing to get your driver's license does make the shift in scale when you do get it more rewarding though. Just be aware that mechs aren't meant to replace ground combat. They're more for farming, transport and enemies that live in the air.
>>
>>333235707
No one said genius, you just need an IQ higher than 104
>>
>>333236252
>not 121
>>
DUDE
>>
Great world to explore. I feel that if you don't do the sidequests you won't get much out of it though. All the crazy shit happens in the side quests.
>>
>>333236587
>not DOOD
>>
>>333236252
I've seen one anon refer to it as a "game for geniuses."
That said giving the game any sort of IQ requirement is pretentious. Understanding the system comes with just exposing yourself to it for hours, not being intelligent.
>>
Does it matter what sector you choose at the beginning?
>>
>>333231675
>worth playing
absolutely

>worth beating
eh
>>
>>333236757
you can change it any time.
>>
>>333236715
Except everyone can't get into the game if they don't at least have an above average IQ because if it was that simple that a child younger than 12 could get into it, NoA would have censored a lot more than they already have. Attention span also plays a factor, the average child would have lost interest in this game in a few hours
>>
>>333236587
IS THIS THING ON?
>>
>>333236715
I think you're overestimating how smart typical modern gamers are. Not that this game requires exceptional intelligence, but watching other people play can be an exercise in frustration. Even dozens of hours in they still do stupid shit like run builds with 3-4 tp arts, no fashion setup and terrible skell weapons. And then they lose track of party members even though they don't move.
>>
>>333237163
Those are all assumptions. What makes you think a child younger than 12 couldn't get into it? I actually think I would have enjoyed it more if I played it as a kid. Now that I'm older I'm much more critical of the story and quests, but young me would have loved all the exploration and not given two shits about the story.
>>
>>333231675
Don't fall for it. 50hrs to get a mecha that doesn't fly or make the game fun
>>
I can't beat the chapter 8 boss, I stopped playing because I've got better games to play.
>>
>>333237163
> above average iq
> the qte is the same button as exit combat

This game is for retards if they think that's good design
>>
>>333237643
Alright that is a fair argument. I will concede that it sounds like attention and patience are the key factors to understanding the game, not necessarily intelligence. I feel that if one were patient and attentive enough to to read the manual and tutorials, they will be just fine.
>>
File: enemy protocol.jpg (314 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
enemy protocol.jpg
314 KB, 1680x1050
>>333237813
like what?

I've been playing a lot of XCOM 2 lately because nothing much else has come out since then.
>>
I like it DESU.
>>
I really love the game, it's pretty fun, but combat gets confusing REALLY QUICK. That might just be me though, I'm too lazy to spend more than five minutes micromanaging equipment.

Question: Does anyone else's WiiU make strange clicking sounds when they play this game?
>>
File: 1459675432117.jpg (98 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459675432117.jpg
98 KB, 500x500
Phog is cute!
>>333238114
Yeah, I've seen a whole lot of didn't read the manual too, even though it's literally right there on the main menu.
>>
>>333238284
Yeah, I noticed mine made weird noises too. The game really pushes the system to the limit I guess.
>>
>>333238284
>>333238426
The disc goes nuts when the game loads anything
>>
>>333231675
i liked it but stopped playing for a bit. i'm playing vc on my 3ds.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.