[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life Is Strange worth 25 dollarydoos for PS4, or should I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
File: life-is-strange-kate.png (325 KB, 710x391) Image search: [Google]
life-is-strange-kate.png
325 KB, 710x391
Life Is Strange worth 25 dollarydoos for PS4, or should I just torrent this shit?
>>
File: life.png (47 KB, 295x128) Image search: [Google]
life.png
47 KB, 295x128
>>333229962

>$25

Is it really still selling at full price? I really enjoyed it but it's been out forever. I wouldn't spend more than $12.50 for it.
>>
>>333229962
Don't pay a single fucking cent. I bought it on Steam when ep. 1 came out and still regret it to this day.
>>
Torrent it
>>
>>333230454
>have free demo
>bought it anyway

I don't believe you
>>
File: LifeIsStrange.png (1 MB, 1871x849) Image search: [Google]
LifeIsStrange.png
1 MB, 1871x849
>>333230201
It's what Amazon is selling it for.
>>
Memes aside, Life is Strange is actually pretty fucking good. I'm a pretty big jew so I don't think I'd pay more than $20 for the game, but it's worth buying. Assuming you like this type of game, that is. It has more gameplay than TWD (that's not that hard), it has a great soundtrack, great aesthetic, and some characters are good. The ending is pretty fucking terrible, but the middle episodes were really good. If the ending was better and Chloe wasn't such a fucking atrocious character, I'd say it's absolutely worth $25.
>>
Just jack it to the rule34 and call it a day man
>>
>>333230713

It's $20 on Steam right now
>>
>>333229962
I really enjoyed it but I'm not gonna lie you probably gotta be either effeminate or a girl to like it. It seems like the kind of game that triggers straight white males.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (103 KB, 1207x766) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
103 KB, 1207x766
>>333230649
I don't give a fuck if you believe me or not. Just believe that it is garbage.
>>
its like 15 on key sites
>>
>>333230754
The r34 for this game fucking sucks. What a let down.
>>
>>333229962
I got it for $10 and was satisfied with the purchase. The first episode I didn't really like at all and the second wasn't good until the end. The third and fourth episodes I liked a lot and the fifth episode's first half was good but the rest wasn't great. All in all, I'd say it's a bit worse than The Walking Dead season 1.
>>
>>333230839
I guess I'm more effeminate than I thought, since I also liked it and I'm a straight white male.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (65 KB, 1172x296) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
65 KB, 1172x296
>>333230649
>>333230872
Have another.
>>
>>333229962
no, you should pirate some pedocrap instead.
>>
>>333230982
>All in all, I'd say it's a bit worse than The Walking Dead season 1
You make it sound like TWD S1 was shitty.
>>
Dunno but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>333231213
Not that guy, but it was.
>>
>>333231127
This cuck's sister voiced the shittiest character in the game, which is why he was so asshurt.
>>
>>333231213

You actually had more choices that mattered in LiS than TWD
>>
>>333231213
I liked both games. But neither are great. Worth playing once and forgetting about a week later.
>>
>>333229962
Don't bother. It's the Juno of games with all it's hip teen lingo.
>>
>>333229962
I'll assume thats the physical release. If it is, you get a nive little picture book and a really good Soundtrack CD with it, it's a neat package. If it's download only? Meh not really worth, it's definately gone cheaper on Steam.

If you already know you enjoy this kind of low gameplay, choice based game then I certainly think it's worth trying. Chapter 1 kinda leaves a dull impression though, the episodes after are much better.

Max a cute.
>>
>>333231330
That's probably true, just because there are 2 endings, but I don't think many of the choices actually mattered in LiS either. But yes, you're right.
>>
>>333230713
That's the physical copy anon
>>
>>333231467
Only big one I can think of is if you save Kate, you get a whole scene where you talk to her in the hospital in episode 4 I think.
>>
>>333231576
That was also the only choice I could think of that had any substantial difference, other than the ending, but there are likely others. Still. that whole scene was pretty great.
>>
>>333230839
You just have to not be stuck up your own ass and have the ability to enjoy a good and interesting story. Cliche? Yes. Horrible voice acting and animating? Yes. But if you manage to get yourself invested in the characters and their motivations, the ending will leave a pretty big impact on you.

Best enjoyed with friends but we all know that's not happening here.
>>
File: 1459264234000.jpg (236 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
1459264234000.jpg
236 KB, 1600x1060
>>333229962

Either pirate it, or go all in and get the special edition.
>>
>>333231748

Any good Max cosplay?
>>
>>333230982
TWD has 1/50th of the detail and dialogue of this game

If you're just going to skip through everything and not look at anything don't bother playing adventure games you fucking RETARD
>>
>>333231748
Victoria is the best waifu, Max is number two. Only retarded faggots liked Chloe.
>>
>>333229962
>Listening Wu-Tang Clan
>"Life is Strange"
kek.

I'd recommend Life is Strange if you like twists/turns with high school drama.
>>
File: on your own.jpg (24 KB, 269x222) Image search: [Google]
on your own.jpg
24 KB, 269x222
Life is Strange is filled with great ideas and terrible executions on those ideas. It's worth a playthrough if you get it on sale or torrent it, but I wouldn't pay full price.

The characters are pretty good and the plot is compelling and unique, but it all leads into a whole lot of nothing in the clusterfuck that is Episode 5. If they made more interesting time reversal puzzles, more consequences from past choices and completely redid episode 5, the series would go from a 7/10 to a 9/10.
>>
>>333231826

I've never personally saved any. All the ones I've seen are too "girl taking a picture of herself in a hoodie" instead of a cosplay of Max.
>>
File: tumblr_o1fcwr8CGf1qlnbuco1_500.jpg (64 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1fcwr8CGf1qlnbuco1_500.jpg
64 KB, 500x591
Did anybody else love Kate? I had to rewind my game after I messed up at that one part.
>>
>>333231895
I did basically all of the side content. I first played The Walking Dead a long time ago so maybe I'm remembering it being better than it was. I just know that Lee was a great character and his relationship with Clem was nice to watch.

The ending of Life is Strange really left a sour taste. Not just the ending, but that whole shitty rehash where you just walk around and they recap the entire game and then that dumb maze with the flashlights. I would say that episodes 3 and 4 were probably better than any of the episodes from Walking Dead.
>>
>>333232181
IMO I feel that episode 5 was ok. I enjoyed the HUGE contrast from the typical high school girl drama, it leaves a big impact. A lot of people disliked the sacrifice Chloe ending because it completely nulls everything you did in the game beforehand, but I feel that it was an interesting choice, as it's basically a huge version of all the little things you've done in the game, and it still makes you feel like everything was worth it, even though it technically never happened at all.
>>
>>333232335
>not saving her without being a cheater
You clearly weren't good enough to save her. Speaking of, that was one thing that I didn't like about the choices in this game. While it's true that they generally mattered more than a TT game, being able to make a decision and then instantly rewind to after seeing the immediate consequences kinda made the decisions feel less important than in a TT game, where you don't find out the decision was meaningless until later on.
>>
>>333232371
>I just know that Lee was a great character and his relationship with Clem was nice to watch.

this, senpai. I cried like a bitch at the end of Episode 5.
>>
>>333229962
literally rent it or pirate it. It's maybe 13 hours to beat.
>>
>>333229962
You shouldn't touch a teenage angst themed vn
>>
>>333232498

I chose to sacrifice the town because fuck those people, plus the damage didn't look too bad

I just wish they had a properly closing segment for either ending where you're out somewhere with Chloe or at Chloe's grave a few years later and can read your journal to see what happened to everyone
>>
>>333231127
what is pedophile trash?
>>
>>333233054
Visual Novels I'm guessing. Huniepop and sorts.
>>
>>333233047
>literally sacrificing an entire city full of innocent people just to save an angsty lesbian with a severe victim complex
For what purpose?
>>
>>333233363

>literally only see one dead body
>damage not that extensive - no real collapsed buildings
>most of the people you gave a shit about were far away or in a safe location
>>
>>333233551
Keep in mind that Chloe is doomed anyways, that's what the sacrifice Chloe ending is all about. When you let her die everything in the future turns back to normal. The world was trying to tell the two that shits fucked up in the time continuum. You had to save her ass several times in the game. She was just not meant to live and they both just say "fuck it" as they ride off from the destroyed town. It's just going to happen over and over again until the bitch dies.
>>
>>333232335
I absolutely adore her
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.