[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the controller worth it? I've been curious for a while.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 640x960
Is the controller worth it? I've been curious for a while.

Would be $85 not $89, I'm not logged in on mobile.
>>
I've heard it's a fun alternative pad, takes some getting used to...and that early buyers have found it wearing out already.
>>
I have the controller and it's pretty nice once you get used to it. Definitely the most customizable input device I've ever used that wasn't a KB+M.
>>
>>333221139
No, it's downright inferior to the X1 and 360 pads. There are some nice things about it, like the whole downloadable button configs through Steam thing, but in general, unless you have some special reason to use the Steam controller, don't bother, get a legitimate pad.
>>
>>333221219
>>333222083
spotted the shills
>>
File: SC 1.jpg (696 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
SC 1.jpg
696 KB, 1920x1280
>buy controller today
>saw this as soon as I finished the update
Oh well.

Also

>controller itself
I've never beaten the souls games despite owning them and figured why not give it ago and beat them before 3.

I'm using the top configuration that is suggest, everything about it was nice except for the aiming, which drove me nuts. So I adjusted the aiming configuration to normal camera controlers at a wide (inside means slow, outside means faster turning).

And honestly this fucking controller feels better then anything I've used before because of it.

I look forward to trying it out in other games, but I know to get the best out of it I'll have to spend time configuring it myself.
>>
It's neat, but I don't think it's worth full price.
Build quality compared to the other choices of controllers you have is pretty awful.

Also get dark souls 3 from gmg + a voucher or gamesplanet. I payed only like ~65 bucks for the deluxe edition.
>>
>>333224149
If I don't like DS3 I can refund it and keep the controller.
>>
>>333223780
>and that early buyers have found it wearing out already.
>shill

No shill worth their premium high quality pink Himalayan mountain salt would say that it wears out that quickly.

You opinions are as dull as your food because you only use a regular ionized table salt that simply doesn't carry the same flavor as pink Himalayan mountain salt.
>>
>>333221139
> Dark Souls on PC.

Kek.
>>
>>333224345
What if you don't like the controller?
>>
>>333221139
Not really worth it. The only case where it's better than KB+M is if you're playing a non-twitchy cursor-based game on the couch through Steam Link, and that's literally it. For twitchy games you'll want mouse, for gamepad-centric games you'll want 360 or PS4.

That being said, Steam Link is fucking boss and has worked flawlessly for me, great for both playing PC vidya on the couch and for general PC streaming to my TV that is in a separate room (movies, etc). PS4 controllers sync to Steam Link wirelessly without an issue. I can't recommend it enough.
>>
File: jenkins.gif (494 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
jenkins.gif
494 KB, 500x344
>>333221139
best pc controller is the $20 logitech wired controller
>>
Would the controller work well for:
Dark Souls
Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
Rocket League

>>333224608
That's why I'm asking before buying.
>>
>>333224797
That's what I own, with really resistant triggers and bad stick placement and flimsy build quality.
>>
>>333224858
Using it for DS1 right now, Feels better then any other controller.

The hardest part is remember that your face buttons or below. It will throw you off until you get used to it.
>>
>>333224858
It would work just fine for each of those things, yeah. But no better than PS4/360 pads, if not worse because of the tiny and awkward face button placement. Plus it's harder to hit the bumper/trigger with the same finger, so if you are the type who uses one finger for both those buttons, that is also an issue.
>>
>>333225410
>Hit the bumper
You didn't use a custom setup did you?

Using the grip bumpers is a million times better then the top bumpers on any controller and I wish more controllers would convert to it.
>>
>>333224149
>Also get dark souls 3 from gmg + a voucher or gamesplanet. I payed only like ~65 bucks for the deluxe edition.
>65
how?
The voucher isn't working
>>
Dualshock 3 or Xbone controller are still much better.
And youd be better off getting dark souls 3 for 40 bucks off of GMG and a used controller for super cheap.
>>
My logic is that I don't want a 360 pad, so it would either be an XB1 controller or Steam controller. But I doubt the 1 will be below 50 bucks any time soon.
>>
>>333225829
Already said, if I don't like DS Ill just refund.
>>
I've heard it's awful, never used one though.
>>
>>333226130
>I heard it was awful
>from someone else who said it was awful
>they watched a video on youtube from a guy who said it was awful
>but none of them or I have used it
>>
>>333226130
Nice green text. I was just saying what I'd heard, from people who have actually bought and used one. Not sure why you seem so assblasted.
>>
>>333226753
Obviously meant for
>>333226446
Man, I am not paying attention.
>>
>>333221139
It's probably the only thing worth anything in that bundle
>>
>>333226753
>>333226854
Because judging something by someone else opinion is pretty low tier.

It's also the reason the industry is a complete mess right now.

>oh this game got a 10/10 I better buy it
>oh this game got a 7/10 it's complete shit
>>
File: 1417803356736.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1417803356736.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>333221139
So basically their PC port and gameplay are so bad they straight up admit it's unplayable on kb+mouse and ship a controller with the game?

Cool.
>>
>>333225693
You sure you're using APR20?
Also I got mine from gamesplanet, so the price might be a little different.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.