[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game truly good or is it just another mind numbing grindfest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: SDV_twitch_boxart.png (105 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
SDV_twitch_boxart.png
105 KB, 600x800
Is this game truly good or is it just another mind numbing grindfest like Animal Crossing or Minecraft?

Never played Harvest Moon so can't compare.
>>
File: yea.jpg (16 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
yea.jpg
16 KB, 500x327
>>333216558
I never played it, but i have played Harvest Moon. And since everyone says it's a Harvest Moon clone, it must be good.
>>
>>333216558
It is good, and it can be a grindfest if you want it to be. There arent goals, you just do whatever, and theres plenty to do.
>>
>>333216558
Look, it got good scores, people buying it and it cost not even half the money of an AAA game. If you liked harvest moon, its the game for you.
>>
>>333216558

Yeah what >>333217148 said, if you want to be competitive about it then it can be a grind, but the game doesn't punish you for speed. I'm slowly putting together my farm, and I like the game a lot.
>>
>>333216558
It gets boring after like a year in game. But that's also like 30 hours, so I really can't complain.
>>
>>333216558
I love Harvest Moon, but found Stardew Valley to be a bland, uninspired substitution. Not bad, but it doesn't bring anything new to the table, and doesn't feel as focused as HM.
>>
Not on Mac so I can't play it.
>>
After the first year ends it gets kinda boring, but during that first year it's a great experience.
>>
>>333219328
>playing games on a Mac

You're already fucking up.
>>
>>333219590
lol nice one man, GOT EEM
>>
>>333219532
>>333217661

These guys know whats up. After I married my waifu in summer of Y2 i stopped caring about the game.

There is a lot to do and it can be fun but after playing upwards of 50+ hours i decided i had better things to do with my gaming time.
>>
>>333216558
It's fun and scratches that itch that Harvest Moon use to, but like every Harvest Moon game is has diminishing returns on the fun the more you play it. I'm almost to year three and have little left to do ingame.
>>
Id say if it achieves that "mind numbing" effect you describe Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon with, its doing its job right.

If you want excitement you should be looking elsewhere. These games are kind of made in the complete opposite of that.
>>
>>333220205
It's just that the entire year repeats exactly the same as the previous year. Nothing changes and it breaks the immersion pretty hard.
>>
How's the soundtrack? A large part of what kept me coming back to the original Harvest Moon was the soundtrack and atmosphere.
>>
>>333220703
It's pretty nice. The music in the mines is best.
>>
>>333220398
Well, a few things change, but for the most part, it doesn't matter. Like, having a few different crops and the one dad returning really isn't enough to justify playing another year of the game.
>>
>>333221492
After I learned you can just plant shit like blueberries and cranberries and make more money then you could ever need, I felt like I broke the game. Those crops are unbalanced as fuck.
>>
>>333216558
phase is pretty fucking slow, but its comfy.
>>
if i have the ability to just play the SNES Harvest Moon, why should I play Stardew Valley instead of that? Does it offer anything different?
>>
>>333222196
OG Harvest Moon feels somewhat clunky and is brimming with fine Engrish... but it's still better than Harvest Moon 64; SV has a wider variety of things to do in the early game.
>>
>>333222719
If I can play Rune Factory 4. Is there any reason to play Stardew Valley?
>>
>>333216558
I enjoyed it for a few hours but then I just realized I'd rather be playing RF or HM. It's very average and if you have access to those other games you should just play those.

That said, it isn't horrible and is relatively well polished. And there are always mods
>>
>>333216558
It's a good game. The game does really get boring after year three, after marriage, your waifu gets really boring. It's pretty relaxing and has alot to do. The game does have goals, if you count the community center and villager quests. But no rush to complete it.
>>
>>333223325
They just patched the game today to make the spouse a little more lively after marriage
>>
>>333223460
Thank god.
>>
>>333222997
I don't know what the fuck Rune Factory is, anon, so I can't answer that; I play farming games and talk about them on the Mongolian cave picture forum
>>
>>333223460
How do I get the patches if I'm playing a pirated GoG version?
>>
>>333223890
It's a spinoff. Adds fantasy combat. It's a waifu paradise.
>>
>>333216558
It's better than Harvest Moon
It's worse than Rune Factory.

The dungeons and combat are just kinda there. The mine has some progression, but the skull cave is just "Come here, skip 10-20 levels for iridium, if you CARE at this point, considering you can probably just buy an iridium sprinker every friday by now."

Farming is functional.

Townsfolk are on the bland side, and the festivals are pretty shitty.

The marriage candidates range from acceptable to shit.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.