[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not starting out deprived and investing all your souls into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: deprivedjpg-c74d28_765w.jpg (81 KB, 765x1148) Image search: [Google]
deprivedjpg-c74d28_765w.jpg
81 KB, 765x1148
>not starting out deprived and investing all your souls into luck

Git gud
>>
LCK/FAI a best.

>tfw constant regen from Anri's Straight Sword, Ring of the Sun Princess, the Regeneration miracle, and my blessed greatshield
>can constantly and effectively keep up the effects of Lloyd's Sword and Shield rings and pretty much ignore chip damage
>high LCK means I can make good use of the Notched Whip, Barbed Straight Sword, and the poison dagger from the goat people
>don't have to invest in much STR or DEX due to the hollow infusion

This is one of the most fun builds I've ever done.
>>
is luck useful?
>>
what does luck do?
>>
>>333215161
no

>>333215234
yes
>>
>>333215234
Makes you lucky
>>
>>333215234
lets you get laid more often
>>
>>333215234

affects item discovery
>>
so this is it huh..? the hot new thing that is luckposting..

heh.. i expected more..
>>
>>333214393
Is luck in 3 like luck in DeS or do you have an actual reason to level it up besides a gimmick?
>>
>>333215153
confirmed for not actually played this game
>>
>>333215161
>>333215234

LCK increases how quickly you inflict bleed or poison build-up and also your item finding rate. There is also a weapon you get from an NPC that scales heavily with LCK. There's even an infusion that turns weapons into LCK-scaling ones.

It's very gimmicky, so it's not the kind of stat you can sprinkle a couple of points into and expect to see a difference like VIG, VIT, or END. You have to either raise it to the softcap (40, I think.) or don't raise it at all. It pairs well with any offensive stat, but absolutely needs the Anri Straight Sword to function early. Luckily, you can kill Anri for it at the beginning of the game. You'll just miss out on an ending for that particular NG cycle.
>>
>>333216328
Is poison or bleed worth trying this time?

Also, any info on frostbite?
>>
>>333216778
poison sucks in every way, it's not a available tactics, like I said that anon not actually played this game.

Player could only deal slow poison damage, (fast poison called toxic, only enemy mob can do this to you) which is really,really fucking slow, makes all poison weapon/arrow useless.
>>
>>333217567

Of course I've played the game, you goon. Like I said, LCK is very gimmicky and not the best stat around, but builds based around it are very interesting.
>>
>>333217946
>no build can make good use of poison dagger, or poison everything, even 99 LCK won't.
>>
>http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Gnaw
>claims the spell scales with INT too
>people keep saying FTH hexes only use FTH

WHICH IS IT???
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160403181153.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160403181153.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Luck is good.

Bleed infused Hollow Carthus Falchion is my jam at the moment. That DPS
>>
>>333218502
will character sliders from BB transfer over to 3?
>>
>>333218502
>Bleed infused

I meant Bleed Resin'd
>>
>not leveling resist
>not invading people in blight town with shadow ninja set, rusty iron ring and a big stack of moss
>not kiting them with poison throwing knives until they want to never play a souls game again
I wish people still played DaS 1, I cant' find anyone.
>>
you are cursed
>>
>>333218149

You can easily poison players in PvP. It's not really a lethal ailment, but it's something.
>>
File: not this shit again.png (78 KB, 229x146) Image search: [Google]
not this shit again.png
78 KB, 229x146
>leveling any stat, at any time, for any reason
git gud
if you don't do a level 1 run and delete your character and start over every time you die, get the FUCK out of my face
>>
File: das3_pvp7.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
das3_pvp7.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>Not using the ring that makes you dissapear at a distance
>Not using the cyclone spear of fun times
>>
>>333218774
>level 1
>he didn't just break his physical copy into jagged shards and embed them in his testicles and eyeballs immediately upon opening the case
If you're not going to bother playing the game the way it was meant to be played, why are you even playing?
>>
File: wtfamidoing.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wtfamidoing.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>333218774
>game is too easy
>ok fine to points in endurance
>ok still to easy go naked
>ok too easy do dagger only run
>no damage so base vit hypermode dagger run
>>
>>333218149
That doesn't nullify everything else the fucker said though, you mongoloid.

So Luck has a few useless aspects. It happens. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have ANY advantages. You deliberately ignored all the rest of his post just because he mentioned poison/bleed.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 449x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 449x364
>>333219095
>he didn't refrain from even buying the game.

Okay... If you're gonna shitpost about a game atleast play it the way it was meant to be played. Otherwise you don't know shit about anything.
>>
>>333214393
>not spending money on a shit game
feelsgoodman
>>
>>333215153
How much regen do you get?

How much HP per second?
>>
>>333218774
I'm not playing to impress you, dickhead.
>>
>>333219582
If you stack everything, it's still not as good as Demon's, but it is definitely useable. Very good for greatshield turtling, blessed spear works well too.

Don't expect to full heal from 1hp in a minute, it's more like 5, but in pvp, where you duel and no one uses estus, you have a major advantage when you keep healing to full after all the chips you take, while dishing out damage.

Great for attrition against ganks too. Run in, smack them all hard, get them to drink, run off and passively heal without using any estus.

Rinse and repeat until they're in the later stages of the area with no drinks left, you have passive healing and full estus available.

Also, you can heal using miracles via hyper armour now with catalyst weapon art, so that's a thing too.
>>
>>333218228
They level together the same as DaS2
>>
>>333219493
>he didn't take acid then kill and skin the cat for the glory of the dark gods

Okay... If you're gonna shitpost about a game atleast play it the way it was meant to be played. Otherwise you don't know shit about anything
>>
>>333220013
>>333215153
There is also a right that boosts your damage when HP is full, you might want to use that.
>>
File: image.gif (6 KB, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
6 KB, 50x50
>>333216328
>tfw you realize Luck also makes bosses do their most OP attacks less often
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 512x397
>>333221953
>he was born.

Okay... If you're gonna shitpost about life atleast live life the way it was meant to be lived. Otherwise you don't know shit about anything.
>>
sounds pretty boring tbqh
>>
>>333222410
Lenny is cute.
>>
test
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.