[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sphere grid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 2mi19xe.png (2 MB, 1257x900) Image search: [Google]
2mi19xe.png
2 MB, 1257x900
The sphere grid is the best talent tree type system in any game. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>333207132

Path of Exile did it better.
>>
It's a nearly straight line. You're just putting points into a string of upgrades. The game might as well just give you this stuff on level up.
>>
>>
>>333209283
not completely so. You can save up, get unlock spheres and go a different direct. And unlike other games, there is no finite amount of spheres in the game per level.
>>
>>333207132
the ammount of grind required was gay as shit. i have only once maxed the stats and im not going to do it ever again.

also the empty nodes were infuriating while leveling, so were the locks and the knowledge of how how many levels you needed for the fucking hastega before seymour 3.

so in shortfuck that, fuck hastega, fuck seymour and fuck this thread. plz scrubscribe
>>
>>333209865
>not having auto-haste
>not grinding cactuars

git gud
>>
The best FF system at least, even better than Zodiac-edition XII.
>>
>>333207594
>>333209397

i havent actually played much of FFX
but path of exiles passive tree is boring as fuck

their knock-off materia system is better
>>
>>333210172

so you are telling me you grinded 240 cactuars atleast if you had perfect luck with drops or steals, get out of here faggot
>>
>>333207132
I didn't like it from a first time player perspective.

It isn't clear what path to be followed for particular skills and is time consuming to plan ahead.

It could have been done much more simply in classic rpg style where you just add skill points to skill slots rather than displaying it as a big grid
>>
>>333207594
>>333209397
Nah, there's only like a handful of viable options in PoE's compared to FFX
>>
File: tumblr_o40nqaP3Mf1sgesrio9_250.png (47 KB, 169x165) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o40nqaP3Mf1sgesrio9_250.png
47 KB, 169x165
The sphere grid allowed me to attempt to make Tidus a black mage and completely fuck him over as a viable character in combat, and it also allowed me to lead other characters astray thus fucking over their usefulness. The sphere grid was awful. Final Fantasy XII's license system was better.

I have never beaten Final Fantasy X because the second major fight against Sin close to the end of the game is too hard for me since I fucked Tidus over so hard he only does like 200 damage per attack, and Lulu doesn't know any black magic attacks that end in aga. The only powerful characters I had by end-game were Yuna, Auron, and Kimahri.
>>
>>333211826
That's because you can do literally fucking anything in FFX and steamroll everything.

Zero difficulty.

Inb4 "he didn't fight *insert damage sponge 30 minute boss*.
>>
>>333207132
I think DDS2 did it better.
>>
>>333207132
Kindly explain to me what the fuck this abomination is
>>
>>333213612
you dont play video games?
>>
>>333209283
What's going on in this picture?
>>
>>333209397
I really prefer the old tree, it was so much more chaotic, which in itself made it more balanced.
Now... everything looks and feels the same.
>>
>>333213505
Not sure what that is
>>
>>333207132
suck 10% more dick
have 2% more defenses against aids
Dildo's from 2-10 inches have a 7% chance to penetrate TWICE

yes, great system for superior uebermenschen
>>
>>333212160
Couldn't you have just used a teleport sphere or something to get Tidus into a better spot?
>>
>>333213989
Digital Devil Saga 2 I imagine.
>>
>>333207594
but you can't get them all like FFX
>>
>>333213612
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree

Same thing but more pointless.
>>
>>333207132
You have to grind for sphere drops to level if you get unlucky with drops
>>
File: latest-2.jpg (387 KB, 1696x1463) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
387 KB, 1696x1463
>>333213989
Digital Devil Saga 2. It had the mantra grid which is a similar system.
>>
>>333207132
>cut Lulu through Khimari's zone to get heals
>get to drop worst girl from party, keep best girl, and not lose the ability to heal

Best system. It might not have been optimal, but I hated Yuna THAT much.
>>
>>333214972
I just grabbed blizzard on Yuna so she'd have one good spell, worked fine enough
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.