[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game even worth playing to the end and the next one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: ME2.png (246 KB, 256x370) Image search: [Google]
ME2.png
246 KB, 256x370
is this game even worth playing to the end and the next one? i mean , six months ago i lost interest after 6 hours and i was still in the beginning .

The first one was really good but I heard that ME3 is utter shit , so, i don't know
>>
It's easily the best of the 3.
>>
>>333198450

The story is pretty stupid and no more Mako, but it's still pretty great. The crew member variety and sheer amount of missions makes it worthwhile.
>>
ME1 is the only one worth the time unless you're bored then go ahead and waste your time with ME2
>>
>>333198450
I'm on the same boat brother

>>333198545
no it's not
>>
>>333198450
the full experience only comes with all of the DLCs installed. it's pretty good.

ME3 is a more linear experience but good overall, people are just mad on the ending
>>
ME1 is legitimately a solid game
ME2 is good only if you desperately want to inject romance into your sci-fi
ME3 I don't think needs even mentioning
>>
It is much worse than the first if you ask me, killed the franchise. I guess it depends on whether or not you can stomach the gameplay changes they made.
>>
>>333199136
This. ME2 streamlines the fuck out of everything making the gameplay a much more trivial aspect.
>>
File: 1376170105998.gif (940 KB, 248x200) Image search: [Google]
1376170105998.gif
940 KB, 248x200
ME1 is the best game as far as narrative, atmosphere and exploration (dat Mako), but ME2 has much better gameplay overall.

None of the games were ever any good at actually being RPGs. Every choice is shallow, even mundane dialog choices are largely insignificant.

https://my.mixtape.moe/jtajej.mp4
>>
>>333199003
>ME3 is a more linear experience but good overall, people are just mad on the ending

ME3 is the worst because they established all these characters you got familiar with in the previous two games and took most of them away only to be around for a single mission most of the time. Plus literally all of the sidequests were fetch quests when ME1 and ME2 and legitimate full fledged side quests.
>>
>>333199085
>ME1 is legitimately a solid game.

for its time. clearing copy pasted rooms on an empty planet with no interesting shit on it gets boring after 4+ playthroughs
>>
Best game in the series without a doubt. ME1 was great on the first playthrough but a total slog when playing it again.
>>
>>333199263
fetch quests that LITERALLY need you to only fuck around in the Galaxy Map and click menus
>>
>>333198450
It has a great ending OP, but it's not everyone's bag of tea and definitely different from the first... So if you can't get into at all then don't waste the time, but if your enjoying at all I say stick with it, it only gets better

ME3 is a hard pass though, terrible fucking have
>>
>>333199468
Menu clicking sure is GOAT when it's any other rpg

inb4 "but those were actually good"
>>
>>333199293

nigga I played Mass Effect for the first time last year (2015) and I thought it was a fucking awesome game.
I was high as a kite the whole time though
>>
ME1 excelled at plot and giving the player a cosmic sense of discovery, but had too much boring filler

ME2 excelled at character development, but had too little plot. Also hands down one of the most action-packed and emotionally stirring endings in any game I've ever played

ME3 a shit
>>
>>333199293
>after 4+ playthroughs

I don't think a solid game needs to be able to sustain that many playthroughs anyway. I probably can't think of more than like 5 games from the past 10 years I'd want to play more than twice.
>>
>>333198968
It is.
>>
>>333199261
The text in that gif makes me feel like I'm too old for this site but I don't know where else to go. Contrary to the popular choice I don't feel like killing myself either.
>>
File: ME.png (53 KB, 1300x541) Image search: [Google]
ME.png
53 KB, 1300x541
>>333199468
>get a quest talking about recovering some stuff from another part of the galaxy controlled by reapers
>think i'll get to land and fight my way to the object
>fly to star system
>hit scan
>done

Damn shame.
>>
ME2 had its moments and although isn't as good as ME1 is definitely worth a playthrough
>>
File: me2.png (57 KB, 305x130) Image search: [Google]
me2.png
57 KB, 305x130
>>333199730

>mfw I did 12 ME2 playthroughs
>mfw ME3 pissed me off so much I don't ever want to replay ME1 or ME2
>>
>>333199293
>for its time
It wasn't really. Mediocre gunplay that isn't compensated by some deep RPG system, horrible inventory management and boring upgrades, copy-pasted dungeons. ME's strengths lie in other areas. At least with ME2 they chose a direction and committed to it, it feels like a pretty good shooter.
Well, maybe ME can be called solid after all, but its shortcomings are apparent.
>>
File: 5654656546.jpg (14 KB, 276x238) Image search: [Google]
5654656546.jpg
14 KB, 276x238
>>333199942
>>
I haven't played any of the series, would this be a good one to start off with? I was thinking of purchasing this game to see what the fuss is about, and why a certain politician was banned from tweeting about it
>>
>>333200119
if you don't intend on playing the first game, it might be a good idea if you'd at least watch a playthrough or a summary of it on youtube or something
>>
>>333200119
The first one is a bit rough in terms of gameplay, but you should start with it, otherwise other games will spoil the story. Also, it has incredible atmosphere and music.
>>
>>333198450
>i lost interest after 6 hours
If you don't like it after 6 hours you just don't like it. Move on.
>>
So is it safe to say that Dragon Age was the better series?
>>
>>333200642
ME had two good games while DA had one.
>>
>>333200709
DA:I is a good game
>>
>>333200850
No it isn't. It isn't the crapfest DA2 was but it isn't good either. Better, but still pretty bad.
>>
>>333200850
Even if you wanted to say it's good I wouldn't put it above ME1 or 2 and ME3 wasn't quite as bad as DA2.
>>
>>333199003
I think what this anon forgets is that me3 wasn't a standalone game, it was the ending to the series. A series that had you make decisions and see the impact of those decisions later on.

Me2 wasn't as good as Me1, but it was really great to see that even the side quests had impacts on the second game.

Me3 cared about maybe 4 or 5 choices you made, and those choices had very little impact on the game. My specific gripes:
Some romances were given more time than others.
Who you chose as leader of the human seat on the council didn't matter (they give it to udina regardless)

Though I recognize that I played 3 without a majority of the DLC (just the one where you get the prothean).
>>
>>333200709
SJW bullshit aside (which aren't that much in-game, regardless of the game was marketed), Inquisition was a good game. helluva fetch quests though but there's still a few good side ones. also the party banter and conversations remains to be the series' fun factor
>>
>>333201317
the only ME3 DLC worth playing was Citadel anyway
>>
ME2>ME3>ME1

ME1 was a slow piece of shit, played ME2 after a friend told me it was GOAT and he's right
>>
when are they gonna show us some legit, polished Andromeda footage instead of just a tech demo?
>>
ME >> ME2 > ME3

I don't like corridor shooters.
>>
>>333201594
Only if you got involved in the whole story and characters. Otherwise it would be just a cheesy story with some jokes.
>>
>>333201332
There were just too many things that annoyed me to call it good. Limited to 8 abilities, I thought Cory was handled very poorly, melee combat could get fucked up if your target was standing slightly below you, crafted gear was a good addition but it was way OP once you got dragon bones. The side-quest business would've been better if more zones were like Crestwood where the quests typically played into each other and you could experience a significant change in the zone as you progressed through it.
>>
>>333201860
True fan of the series
>>333201679
Born in the 2000s/late 90s
>>
>>333202054
>Only if you got involved in the whole story and characters

I think most of the people who followed the sereis did
>>
>>333202218
early 90s m8
>>
>>333201594
Nah, they are all good except for Omega, which is boring as fuck.
>>
>>333198450
ME2 and ME3 are utter shit.
>>
>>333198450
ME2 has the worst plot of all three and is filled with stupidity.

ME3 has good combat but overall its bad even excluding the ending.
>>
>>333201332
>SJW bullshit aside (which aren't that much in-game, regardless of the game was marketed), Inquisition was a good game.

Not that much in game sure but each zone was so damn boring. WoW level quest design too
>Go kill 12 rams
>Go collect 5 boxes
>Go collect 5 herbs.
>Now collect 7 herbs
>Now collect 12 herbs

And whenever people mentioned this the answer was the same 'Leave the Hinterlands'

Get to the next zone
>Go kill 3 packs spirits
>Go collect 2 piles of timber
>Go kill 3 packs of darkspawn.
>Go collect ore

Some quests were good, I'll give you that. Not going to pretend they all sucked, but most of them absolutely sucked and were just busy work.
>>
gameplay wise 2 and 3 were pretty close, but 3 had the incredibly stupid story, leading to incredibly stupid missions, where all you did was kill the same 3 cerberus troop models, until the end where instead of a boss battle you fight 6!!! of the same enemies you'd been fighting the whole game
>>
>>333204493
The "gather materials" quests are almost 100% optional.
My girlfriend and I played through this game, whenever I had to gather power I did collection missions and she did longer quests because she didn't like collection missions.
We both finished the game, I just did it faster.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.