[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently played Parasite Eve again, as well as the second one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
I recently played Parasite Eve again, as well as the second one. I gotta say, I love the second one a lot more than the first. What are some games you loved, but preferred the sequel?
>>
Amen, OP. I think we're a minority when it comes to loving Parasite eve 2 more than the original. But it's such a great game on its own right, even if some would argue not necessarily a great Parasite Eve sequel.

I love pre-rendered background games like Resident Evil, Dino Crisis 2, FFVII and VIII...so that has a lot to do with it for me. The atmosphere is nailed perfectly because pre-rendered backgrounds can achieve a level of realism even today's games can't reach. The only downside being no 3D camera. Which I'm fine with.

The game was fun. I love being able to buy the weapons and your PE abilities. Loved the locations and environments. The replayability is amazing; I loved working my way up to being able to beat nightmare mode.

I play through it at least a couple times a year.
>>
>>321816376
PE2 was a huge disappointment for me. The fighting system in the first game and the gameplay in general was so much better. Instead, PE2 is just a boring Resident Evil clone
>>
>>321816376
Oh I just finished the first recently. I've yet to try the sequel. Glad to know that people seem to like it.
>>
>>321816996
On top of all of these, the NMCs were a lot cooler, I liked the battle system a little more and Parasite Eve II gave me a sense of uneasiness that the first one didn't quite achieve. PE 2 kept me on my toes a lot more.
>>
File: DinoCrisis.jpg (193 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DinoCrisis.jpg
193 KB, 1024x768
Most folk seem to think Dino Crisis 2 is better than the first

They're right

I mean holy shit how the fuck did they manage to make a slow ass clunky under water level FUN. That goddamn Plesiosaur man
>>
>>321817061

I wanna respect your opinion yo, but that is literally the same exact case I hear when this conversation occurs. Every time.

Does it follow more of the RE style? Def.

It still deals with a ton of stats, customization, abilties, etc. general rpg elements...which makes it a far cry from RE games.

PE1 is, on a mechanical level, simpler and less nuanced. More beloved in terms of the story and setting, classic cinematics, etc

PE2 felt a shitload actually scarier, and much more fun to play. Neo-ark and its inhabitants still unsettle me to this day.
>>
File: header.jpg (44 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
44 KB, 460x215
Portal 2 was far better than the first. I love both games but, whoo boy.
>>
>>321817285

Agreed. Those fucking phantom/invisible golems would give me a heart attack on nightmare mode. Shit would scare me more than Nemesis in RE3. PE 1 fans would probably argue that as a negative, though, as they weren't looking for a Resident Evil clone. Me being a big Resident Evil fan, it was a welcoming experience.

If you like Resident evil 1-3's gameplay/graphics/mechanics, you'll probably like Parasite Eve 2. The story's not bad either.
>>
>>321817628
>If you like Resident evil 1-3's gameplay/graphics/mechanics, you'll probably like Parasite Eve 2. The story's not bad either.

I do like the old RE games. What I hate is the direction they took with PE2
>>
>>321816376
I enjoyed the Mitochondria powers in PE more. But PE2 has the better gunplay. I also enjoyed 3rd birthday. Fuck that story though I'm still trying to figure it out.
>>
>>321817301

Troof. Dude the atmosphere in that game was brilliant. It was all day-time, yet it nailed the hopeless depressing feel it was going for. I'd go even as far as say it was noir. Exploring Edward City... a depressing town that was teleported into the middle of a jungle inhabited by dinosaurs. Seeing the damage years of overgrowth, rust, and infestation can cause. Knowing the people were there years hoping for a rescue back to their time.

The underwater parts music was very fitting. It was a tense tune that synced well with those alligator-lookin fuckers popping around the corner when you least expected it. Then the save room music was a sigh of relief.

Capcom had some imagination back then. It wasn't overly deep or complex, but it was fun. They took "what if" and brought it to life.
>>
>>321818492
What system is Parasite Eve 3 on??
>>
File: The_3rd_Birthday_Cover.png (428 KB, 250x430) Image search: [Google]
The_3rd_Birthday_Cover.png
428 KB, 250x430
>>321818898
It's shit
>>
>>321818564
DC2 is probably the game with most gorgeous prerendered backgrounds.

DC1 is a really good RE clone with some incredibly complex crafting mechanics and nonlinearity, but DC2 is just... more fun. Can't think of another series that did the action approach as well.

>dat nice pacing
>dat gameplay variety with nice mixture of turret sections and scripted events, tank sequence, underwater sequence etc etc
>all those satisfying as fuck weapons (based anti tank rifle)
>amazing OST

Friendly reminder that Dreamcast version of DC1 looks, sounds and plays the best of them all, plus its easy to set up.

Friendly reminder that Dino Crisis 2 runs at 60fps on PC and is compatible with modern systems.
>>
>>321819421
What the fuck. Is there no news of any development beyond it being strictly for the PSP? I tried to find some but it was all pretty vague.
>>
File: pe2-xmas.jpg (126 KB, 1000x770) Image search: [Google]
pe2-xmas.jpg
126 KB, 1000x770
Such a nice thread, and seeing it not pushed to /vr/.
>>
>>321819632
Just emulate it.
>>
>>321816376
PE2 feels very well made and thought out when you play it in year 2015.

>nice art style
>nice tacticool aspect of upgrading weapons
>attention to detail
>exploration is fun
>dat americana feel in the desert town area
>good music and boss fights

What I dislike is the objectively shit enemy design from the visual standpoint and those infinite ammo boxes.

Also you would be hard pressed to find a game with more NG+ content over PE2.
>>
>>321816376
I loved both of those games equally, both were great and fantastic games to play. But I do agree with >>321820419
That the enemy designs were kind f lack luster. Still that gameplay tho, of and the showers scene too. Busted my nut good when I first saw that
>>
>David Bowie a massive fan of the previous installment stated his desire to work on the project from its inception. He provided the unidentified voice in the stone puzzle outside the glass research center. Only half the voices were used but the sound clip 'Davvvid' was used as a tribute

Huh, that's neat. I have no recollection of it though, and can't seem to find it atm.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.