[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Smash 4's final roster of characters,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: SuperSmashBrosWiiU3DSLogo.png (1 MB, 3312x1419) Image search: [Google]
SuperSmashBrosWiiU3DSLogo.png
1 MB, 3312x1419
What do you think of Smash 4's final roster of characters, DLC included?
>>
All things considered, pretty satisfied. There may be some things I don't care for, and some things I wish were there, but you can't get everything you want and there's at least something for everyone.
>>
shit
>>
Very good. Don't like the extra fighters button on the 3ds
>>
>>333184419
Where's my half-naked sandnigger.
>>
File: 1443733615815.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1443733615815.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>Dark Pit
>>
>>333185472
Is that any worse than Young Link and Pichu from Melee?
>>
Ryu, Cloud, Mega Man, and Bayo are the best additions
>>
>>333184419
10/10. Great choices I really like. Gameplay is plain shit in general though.
>>
>>333185720
atleast theyre different characters with different models and voice
>>
>>333184419
We got a game with 10+ Snakes.
>>
Cloud, in terms of gameplay, is great, but doesn't fit into the game. At all. He's also not true to the original game enough. Compare Cloud to the details given to Megaman, and you see why I'm disappointed.

Bayonetta is the same thing, but not as bad as Cloud. I don't think she should've been in this game. Corrin is ok, but is too modern-anime and I hate his style.

Lucina and Dark Pit are pointless. even as free clones, whatever, they just pad the roster and make it stupid.

But if I had one choice, again, it'd be remove Cloud and get a more Cartoony Square character. Even Crono would've been a much better choice. But that's not advertisement enough for Square.

God damn Square has gone to shit.
>>
Garbage.

All shilling for future or current games.

Nintendo doesnt know how to think for the fans.

Only makes jewish decisions.

Get fucked Sakurai.
>>
If it had Ice Climbers and Snake it would be GOAT, don't even deny it.
>>
>>333184419
Ultimately, I'm happy with it.

My biggest disappointment was the alternate game modes. I'll never understand why Smash Run, the only one that was generally well-received, was kept restricted to the 3DS version of the game. The weird Angry Birds-esque take on Target Test is extremely underwhelming, especially given the lack of stage variations. The thought of Smash Tour making it past the conceptual stage absolutely baffles me, as the mode has no real redeeming features at all, and provides a slow, tedious play experience. I can't think of anyone who would rather play Smash Tour than a set of regular group Smash matches.

My biggest satisfaction is the changes that were made to returning characters. There are more characters who I really enjoy playing as in Smash 4 than there have been in any previous entry in the series. I'm also really happy with the ongoing balance patches, although I wish that Nintendo would release proper patch notes instead of forcing players to figure out and document the changes themselves.
>>
>>333186042
>Crono
Personally I'd prefer Frog, but any Chrono Trigger love would be awesome.
>>
10/10 roster better than any other game I've seen.

There are definitely some stinkers, though, and way too many sword fighters. I also wish there were some quadropeds for variety. I loved Ivysaur for that reason, and we got Duck Hunt, but I would have loved Wolf Link or a Nintendog or even Ridley just to get some more characters that aren't normal proportioned humans.
>>
"Heard you liked down B counters."

-Sakurai
>>
>>333184419
tfw no Banjo and Kazooie
tfw no Snake
tfw no Ice Climbers
tfw no Orca/Volga

tfw barely any of the n64 and melee maps were added, even as a DLC
tfw most of the stages are shit
tfw the single player modes are absolute trash unlike melee

pretty happy with the gameplay though
>>
Too many realisticly proportioned fantasy anime characters.

Also too many characters kept for nostalgia's sake. Roy and Shiek should not be in the fucking game
>>
File: Correct thing to do.png (18 KB, 530x502) Image search: [Google]
Correct thing to do.png
18 KB, 530x502
Okay at best.

Kinda convoluted.

Not the best kind of balance, but it tries. There's clearly some buy to win intentions though, you don't even have to try to figure it out.

Makes a disgusting mess on the 3DS character select screen version compared to the Wii U version, could have been better designed to better handle new characters.

As latter characters were added, it was less about Nintendo's cartoony antics and more about either the most popular video game icons to force or the better suited characters for franchise promotion. Nothing against the Fire Emblem series itself, but you can't deny all the promoting for Fates, which was at the current time, not even released overseas if I'm not mistaken. And yeah, Bayonetta's not going anywhere, Nintendo owns that shit now for them to openly receive her with open arms and they intend to milk her as hard as they can as long as Platinum's around.

Some characters felt unnecessary. Felt like there were two barrels and Nintendo scraped the bottom of the one no one wanted. I can understand why some people can feel unexcited about this game's roster, a lot of potential to be had and none to be found.

Many characters felt too safe to create a moveset for, excluding some DLC characters where they had all of their focus on character development for once.

10/10, it was okay
>>
fire emblem
>>
>>333184419
It's alright, I miss Ice Climbers and Ivysaur though.
>>
It's weird, because it's clear that there were some serious efforts to make each character really notably unique in some places (Megaman, Bayonetta, Ryu, Little Mac, Shulk, and Villager come to mind), but then in the same roster you have stuff like:

- Totally new Final Smashes for Kirby, King Dedede, Pit, Lucario, Charizard, Luigi, Zero Suit Samus, and R.O.B., even though none of these characters really needed new Final Smashes, but duplicates throughout the rest of the roster (Landmaster, PK Starstorm) and even some of the new characters given Final Smashes copied from other characters (Omnislash = Great Aether, Dark Pit Staff = Light Arrow)
- Six sword-wielding characters, including a true clone and a semi-clone, from Fire Emblem, a series whose main combat mechanic is a rock-paper-scissors interaction between axes, lances, and swords
- Clones like Dark Pit and Lucina still existing at all, especially after the introduction of alternate-character skins (Alph, Koopalings)
>>
File: 1420629961863.jpg (50 KB, 439x406) Image search: [Google]
1420629961863.jpg
50 KB, 439x406
>Main roster.

Pretty good looking solely at the character's inclusion, slightly disappointing if you factor in their usefulness. I fucking love having Shulk, for example, but you're fucked if your opponent spams projectiles and/or knows you have zero approaches worth a shit.

>DLC cast.

Meh, too much Fire Emblem. Third party choices are great. Kinda wish we could have had two or so more Nintendo characters or un-cloned versions of characters dropped from past games. Cloud only having two tracks was bullshit, though, considering all the obvious effort that went into his stage and character.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.