[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Dark Souls II is not canon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 68095.jpg (38 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
68095.jpg
38 KB, 500x281
So Dark Souls II is not canon?
>>
There's stuff from 2 in 3, so yes it is.
>>
>>333183878
like?
>>
Stop being in denial.
>Muh chosen undead
>Muh difficulty
>Muh setting
>Muh lore

Stop being annoying and accept that a different Souls game exists.
>>
>>333183774

It's not canon. They just put in a few things to not emberass the b-team. DaS 2 is forgotten.
>>
DaS2 is fan-fiction
>>
>>333184068
Yeah, it's called Demon's Souls, it's well respected by the DaS fanbase, unlike those DaSII niggers constantly shitting on everything in revenge for them having the wrong opinion.
>>
File: 1442191082145.jpg (50 KB, 562x702) Image search: [Google]
1442191082145.jpg
50 KB, 562x702
>caring about canon in a souls game
>>
>>333184057
giants, lucatiel, ornstein again, and a bunch of other things
>>
File: Dark souls lore.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dark souls lore.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333186147
this desu phampai. People say they're all connected and maybe they are, but I just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>333183774
Who gives a shit? No one plays this franchise for the plot, people just play it to wallow in misery.
>>
>>333183774
Might be in the dlcs because DS2 dlc and scholar of the first sin actually has a worthwhile plotline with Aldia and true immortality. I don't know if anything will come of it because the fanbase violently hates 2 and Miyazaki seems to at least hear fan complaints.
>>
>>333186130
>DaS fanbase
Praise da sun, git gud git gud git gud, I want Solaire to fuck my face, upboat or u casul XD
>>
>>333186279
>that fucking .webm
so perfectly describing DaS fanboys
>>
>>333186235
>Lucatiel

Please don't be pulling my leg anon
>>
>>333183774

Dark Souls II isn't even set in the same place and there's very little connection to Dark Souls aside from throwbacks like Ornstein, so what's the problem? It's not like there's any conflicts.
>>
Why wouldn't DaS2 be canon? It's quite literally the same story just far in the future after DaS. The whole journey and ending is the same thing as the first because that's how the universe operates, cycles of light and dark. In the first Gwyn tried to extend the flame and age of light for as long as possible. In 2 Vendrick, denies choosing and never lights the flame. Him and Aldia study life and the undead curse and end up creating the ancient dragon because they believe they're immortal and outside the cycle of life in the universe. Aldia even tries to become one but ends up as that sack if blob you see.
>>
File: 1362220522051.png (68 KB, 403x250) Image search: [Google]
1362220522051.png
68 KB, 403x250
>>333186531
Funny how all the dark souls pandering in dark souls II is what turned most of us off.

Seriously, it's just like how Pyramid Head had no place in the Silent Hill movie and homecoming, hence why the SH fans don't like either.
>>
>>333186235
And the old maidens from the beginning of the game, younger in dark souls 3
>>
>>333185587
Basically this. Miyazaki knows DS2 is an abomination
>>
>>333183774
Does it even make a difference?

It's a spinoff. Irrelevant story wise but it's there.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.