[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The latest Uncharted footage has reminded me just how much PS4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
The latest Uncharted footage has reminded me just how much PS4 is being held back by Xbox and PC and how incompetent third party devs are.

As we know games are developed first on PC and then adjusted for each individual platform. Except devs are opting for the cheap and lazy route, not taking advantage of the delicate intricacies of the PS4 architecture. PC relies on brute force to achieve its level of graphics and performance which is where you hear PC gamers complain about "shit coding" which just isn't the case. If you don't have the latest and greatest cards to brute force the game you will left behind.

Another way to know that PS4 is held back is noting how there are often no differences between PS4 and Xbone games. Microsoft are clearly software, not hardware developers and the Xbone just isn't up to the level of intricate architecture as the PS4.

It's not just Uncharted either. It's no secret that Sony Worldwide Studio developed games are quite clearly leagues beyond what we have seen on Xbone and PC this gen. And this didn't just start with PS4 either. Last gen devs loved to blame The Cell as the reason they couldn't develop well on PS3 when it should have enabled them to create complex levels of physics calculations unlike any we've seen in gaming.

So my question to /v/ is how do we stop these lazy devs from holding the PS4 back? I think we must stop buying third party games from them. Vote with out wallets and show them that developing proper games the way Sony Studios do is the way to earn the respect and trust from gamers.
>>
Your check is in the mail.
- Kaz Hirai
:^)
>>
>>333183435
Actual gamedev here. Do you even fucking realize the amount of workforce todays AAA titles require to model and code? And how its getting hard to please nowadays gaming community? yeah you little fuck try to do a single animated rigged body of the detail Nathan Drake is, then go with your bullshit "Oh-we-must-vote-with-our-vallets. Fucking hard to please millenials and their first world problems.
>>
>>333183716
25 cents per shitpost?
>>
>>333183435
Are Sony fans still the most hated on here?
>>
>>333183890
Tough shit faggot you signed up for the work. Not the consumers' fault you didn't realize the magnitude of work beforehand
>>
>>333183890
>my community college degree didn't pan out so I must beg to fund my game on kickstarter
>>
>>333183890
If Sony devs can do it why can't other devs? Consumers acknowledge the attention to detail Sony puts in their games and that's why not only are their games some of the nest selling, they move systems as well
>>
File: 1452477718841.jpg (177 KB, 1064x790) Image search: [Google]
1452477718841.jpg
177 KB, 1064x790
>>333184126
Sony fans is the most hated enemy in any Nintendo hugbox community like this one.
>>
>>333183890
I wonder if all other devs feel as inferior as you do. Naughty Dog has consistently made the most impressive games on Playstation. And each time they make a game people are impressed with how much they can get out of the consoles.
>>
>>333183435
>by Xbox and PC
>and PC
>PC holding PS4 back

0/10 bait, didn't even try.
>>
>>333186580
Name one (1) dev that properly optimizes games for PC
>>
>>333186709
croteam
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.