[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RTS Thread: Supreme Commander Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Will there ever be another RTS that comes close to the greatness of
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance?

Percival is objectively the best non-Experimental btw
>>
>>333183003
>get PA when it was free the other day
>not nearly as fun as FA and buggy as all hell

Whelp
>>
File: ThatReallyFluoridatedMyFluids.png (549 KB, 832x550) Image search: [Google]
ThatReallyFluoridatedMyFluids.png
549 KB, 832x550
>>333183187
That's why it was given for free
>mfw people shelled out $100 for early access
>>
>>333183350
It would be all right if ya know the game doesn't tank to 2fps after using the death star
>>
File: aMleXMjl_700w_0.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
aMleXMjl_700w_0.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>333183003
No
>>
>>333183680
>It would be all right
Still no reason to play it over FA.
>>
Installing FA right now, never played SupCom before but I have some experience with Blizzard's RTSs. Any pointers? I know it's supposed to be much more macro focused but that's it.
>>
>>333186346
Your economy is based on rate of input and spending of mass and energy, learn to balance it so that you're not sat with a full bar of mass because you'll be wasting mass, similarly you don't want to be on 0 and spending it constantly without collecting more.
>>
File: AshesLogo-fullcolor.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AshesLogo-fullcolor.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone try Ashes of the Singularity?

It seems like Stardock wants to channel SupCom with it. I love Sins of a Solar Empire but haven't pulled the trigger on Ashes yet.
>>
File: 1455270418474.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1455270418474.gif
2 MB, 500x390
post yfw Halo Wars 2 causes RTS developers to actually make a good game in fear of Microsoft dominating the genre
>>
>>333187062
You think they're intentionally making shit games because Halo Wars isn't out on PC?

Do you like the taste of paint chips?
>>
>>333186821
Hell, no. I bought it a few months ago and it's awful. There's a lot wrong with it to a point where Planetary Annhilation could be considered superior but then that's inferior to SupCom:FA so basically it means SupCom > PA > Ashes.

Just from the top of my head:
Matchmaking is split between two communities - Steam and GOG. Can't play with people who bought it on the other platform.
Performance is still awful for how bland it looks. Visual design is bad as textures are of low quality and units all look the same. There are no unit icons when zoomed out. You can't even zoom out overly far and are supposed to press space to bring up an enlarged minimap to switch locations - can't give orders on that large minimap though and as there are no unit icons it's impossible to see what is going on. Game has no personality - units just make beep boop and the two factions are the same. Gameplay is all about build order and perfectly executed economy growth to shit out more Dreadnoughts than the enemy. There are superpowers that can be "cast" anywhere on the map like magic - nothing is based on units or positioning. Controls can not be remapped and the control scheme is bullshit.
It's a 4/10 game, don't bother.
>>
>>333187325
More like they don't have to try because people will buy anything in the hope that there will be a good one in the pile of shit
>>
>>333186821
Pretty good game, but it lacks content.
Pick it up on sale.
>>
>>333186346
Reclaiming mass is your best friend. Also more engees are always needed.
>>
>>333187501
It's not the 90s any more dude, it's not hard to find out if a game is shit before you buy it.
>>
>>333183350
I sold some cards on Steam and bought it for $1.69

I played it for 10 minutes.

I still got a refund
>>
>>333186346
The economy is flux-based, you get an increased rate of income by getting mass-points (mexes)

There are 4 tiers, T1, T2, T3 and lastly experimental (T4).

If your ACU dies, you lose, so people will try quick air bombing runs or tacticle missile barrages to kill it if you don't watch out.

Always keep upgrading mexes and reclaim wrecks of killed tanks, rocks, trees for extra mass (it's what makes you better than the rest of the scrubs)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.