[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Half-Life_2_cover[1].jpg (67 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover[1].jpg
67 KB, 300x428
What went wrong?
>>
Water Hazard has too many segments that force you to get out of the airboat, the physics puzzles are the worst culprits

Originally you were supposed to get the tau cannon as a proper weapon after you leave the buggy behind, but it was cut from the game for a really dumb reason

Even though the variety of setpieces is great, the game could've benefitted from having more enemy types

It just ends all of a sudden
>>
>>333182618

Too much focus on physics. It was a good game, but towards the half-way mark I really wasn't excited for it and just wanted to finish it. I found the lack of weapons, enemy variety, and combat a step down from HL1.
>>
>>333183658
>It just ends all of a sudden
Best part of the game, there is no happy ending.
>>
Vehicle sections could be more fleshed out
Physics puzzles can be quite gimmicky
The canonization of the stock npc's from HL1 was kinda dumb for me desu
>>
>>333182618
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Half-Life 2 make me feel nauseous when they play it?

I don't really know what it is. I don't really have it with any other FPS.
>>
>>333184214

I was more annoyed that the final "boss" fight was just a few of the same fucking gunships you fought before in the game.
>>
Just started Sandtraps, how far am I from the end?
Honestly, I played Half-Life 1 from essentially start to finish last year and loved every second, HL2 just seems really slow and dull in comparison,
>>
Nothing, you chode.
>>
>>333184370
>The canonization of the stock npc's from HL1 was kinda dumb for me desu

I was okay with it and expected it, although all the retards making comics and fawning over Barney and shit were embarrassing. But I was annoyed they felt the need to put in cute geeky girl that wants your dick.
>>
>>333184393
Well it was not a boss fight like in hf1 but hf2 was more about the story and a good story never ends
>>
>>333184836
>A good story never ends
Jesus Christ
>>
>>333182618
gunplay was meh, only redeeming feature was the ragdoll physics.

story was decent but forgettable. The whole "silent protagonist" joke was over-done.
>>
>>333184214
I don't love happy endings either, but I still think the ending and final level in general is really limp and the only thing that saves it from being a complete disaster is Breen

They really should've gone for something more climactic and also given you something different and exciting to do or fight with at that point instead of the blue gravity gun bullshit which you've already been playing around with for a while
>>
>>333184958
>Implying the combine was defeated
Go home Gordon.
>>333185339
>something different
Like a portal gun?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.