[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good game? I've only played Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29
File: SotFS.jpg (116 KB, 640x815) Image search: [Google]
SotFS.jpg
116 KB, 640x815
Only post if you actually played it!
>>
>>333181083
DaS 3 > DaS (before Lordvessel) > SOTFS > DeS > DaS (after Lordvessel) = DaS2
>>
Yes its a slower more methodical version of bloodborne and the pvp isnt complete shit and dead like bloodborne.
It has hundreds of weapons and spells and is very different to bloodborne. I reccomend it heavily.
>>
File: ds3.jpg (72 KB, 578x437) Image search: [Google]
ds3.jpg
72 KB, 578x437
>>333181224
>>
It's pretty fun. Not as much replay value as the earlier games or Bloodborne but the pvp is still active and there's a lot more things to do with weapons and spells.
>>
>>333181293
>Souls games are methodical

Love this meme. Literally just slower Ninja Gaiden games without half the reactions or though. Dodge big telegraphed attack , get 1-2 hit punish , dodge away repeat until dead.

Not methodical at all just because the game has systems in place where you're limited offensively.
>>
>>333181383
Neat. I still said this as someone who defended SOTFS for the longest time, it's my personal favorite game in the series, but DaS is still just a wholly better game up until you obtain the Lordvessel. It's everything after that which makes it a worse game though.
>>
>>333181383
Holy shit is this real? That's just silly.
>>
>>333181083
the atmosphere might not be as strong as dark souls 1 but the replayability is certainly there. Pvp is fun and there are varied weapons so yeah. Its good in my opinion.
>>
>>333181383
>Using as a reliable source.
>>
>>333181083
Is good but DaS is way more memorable.
Is always better to play them in order too.
>>
>>333181675
Metacritic*
>>
File: tapbl.png (281 KB, 521x822) Image search: [Google]
tapbl.png
281 KB, 521x822
>>333181383
>>
>>333181083
Compared to bloodborne, the movement will feel like shit. Everything is slow, moving, attacking, running. If you can handle it, go for it

or play dark souls 1 instead of this piece of shit game
>>
>>333181675
more reliable then some subjective opinions from random anons on a chinese cartoon board.
>>
>>333181083
>!
Retard
>>
Worst game in the series.

Even the worst one is still pretty good, though. Lightyears ahead of CoD.
>>
Not coming off of bb

I made the mistake of playing bloodborne first then ds2. It was incredibly dissapointing and i really struggled to finish it. Even the dlcs minus the third dlc boss are incredibly dull.

Just wait for ds3
>>
>>333181829
4chan, Where using an exclamation mark is a good enough reason to be a retard.
>>
DS2 is a cosmic disaster. DLCs were worth spending $20 on SOTFS for however.

At this point though just get DS3 if you want a souls game, it comes out in a week and 2 has pretty much nothing to do with 3
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 362x270) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 362x270
>>333181293
>>333181445
>>333181550
>PvP
I DON'T BUY A FUCKING SOULS GAME FOR PVP
WHO THE FUCK ENJOYS PvP IN A PvE GAME
IF I WANT TO PLAY AGAINST SOME EDGY UNDERAGE FAGGOTS I'VE WOULD PLAY COD
>>
>>333181798

More likely to be bribed, you mean.

> there's nothing at stake when you do it for free
>>
>>333181948
Pretty much this.
It's very enjoyable as long as you aren't a nitpicky asshole.
>>
>>333182084
well i mean, isnt it nice to to have other stuff to do?
>>
>>333182084
>PvE game
>Has both sp and mp

?
>>
>>333181798
why are you here
>>
>>333181083
It's okay. I had a good time playing it when it first released but I've never felt the urge to come back to it, unlike other souls games where I immediate jump straight into multiple layers of NG+.
>>
>>333182084
>souls series
>pve games
Each and every one of them are
>PvE first and foremost to progress through the game and get the items you want
>PvP as a completely viable secondary thing to spend all your other time on
>>
>>333182084
So do you stop at one playthrough, then? The endgame to every Souls game is PvP.
>>
>>333181083
It's decent for a playthrough but it doesn't have the lasting power of DaS1. You'll play it, finish it and never feel the urge to play it again.
>>
>>333182390
idk

i want to play a game but i dont want to.
>>
>>333181083
You'll probably enjoy it for exactly one playtrough.

In my opinion though, its not even worth that. The whole game has like 3 great boss fights and even then the changes to the gameplay are so horrendous even those fights feel muddy and clumsy sometimes.
>>
>>333182084

>tfw BR monkey
>tfw my 300ms ping will make me a backstab training dummy just like every other Dark Souls.
>>
>>333182617
Not that anon, but I have over 3500 hours in the series and I've only done PVP for like 600 of that.
>>
>>333181293
>its a slower more methodical version of bloodborne
aaaahahahahahahahahahahaha
>the pvp isnt complete shit and dead like bloodborne.
aaahahahahahahahahahaha

neva
>>
>>333181083
Ignore what /v/ says, DaS II is fucking great game. It improves on every aspect from DaS 1 except lore and atmosphere.
>>
>>333182021
This, it feels primitive and like 'running' through glue, the fighting is a joke in comparison

>>333183020
Level and world design is undeniably way way worse
>>
>>333182729
you're alright, anon
>>
>>333182084
The interaction with other players is nice. It doesn't have to be 1v1 honorabu duels. Hosting fight clubs in pvp areas is the shit. And being invaded is one of the most intense and hilarious things I've experienced in games.
>>
>>333182960
what's funny is that BB's pvp is really good once you look past how the incentive for getting invaded alone is pretty much nonexistent. It's the same kind of nonsensical shit flinging on a pretty much even playing field that DS3 is trying and in it's current state failing to replicate.
>>
>>333183121
thank you
>>
>>333183227
Except DS3 does it better, AND isn't a dead game on a deader console.
>>
File: 1413114324047.gif (498 KB, 275x189) Image search: [Google]
1413114324047.gif
498 KB, 275x189
>>333181450
>souls easy cuz just repeat dodge and hitting

you know that this is literally the hardest way to play the game right? Dodging requires pretty precise positioning and timing in a game where you usually die from 2 hits. Every begginer player with half a brain is trying to hug shields.

I feel like you've just watched some video and think you can now rightfully shit on these games.
>>
it was too hard for me. I finished Dark Souls blind with no summons or magic, yet I couldn't even beat the pursuer (second boss I came across) without summoning and then afterwards I couldn't beat the third boss(es) either so I quit
>>
>>333183867
>a dead game on a deader console.
>2.5 mil copies sold
>deader console
>why did i reply
>>
File: 1383406428828.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1383406428828.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>333184172
These are the people we argue with in Dark Souls 2 discussions.
>>
>>333184283
not really I stay out of dark souls discussions
>>
>>333184249
Pissfour is the laughing stock/the Sweden of the current generation of gaming platforms. Xbone is almost as bad, but at least it HAD games.
>>
>>333183867
Have you even played DS3? The playing field isn't even in the slightest. Whenever I get summoned for co op in the second half of Irithyll, where the most invaders can show up, the winning party is always either the one that has strength weapons or the one that has a giant seed.

Furthermore actually connecting for signs sucks in 3, Bloodborne's bells were much faster.
>>
>>333181083
Definitely get SOTFS edition, the dlc is some of the best part of the game.

My friends who have played all of the games consider SOTFS dlc to be the hardest content. IDK how true that is, I've only played DaS and DaS2, but I thought it was pretty dang hard.
>>
>>333181083
as someone who only played Dark Souls (1) and Ds2 Sotf

get Ds1, it's really a "must-play before you die" game. I would even risk to call it the best video game of all time. There are just so many little touches in this game, the whole world with it's locations enemies, bosses, npcs and items is so well built and balanced both gameplaywise and for design.

Das2 is just one of the avarage "pretty good" action rpgs. It lacks that well thought world building and the little touches lore and design wise. The game here is more like just fighting thorugh random castles and defeating their random bosses without much connection between them.
>>
>>333181083
dark souls 2 is the worst game in the dark souls series

still better than bloodborne though, which turned all magic casting into usable items and completely DESTROYED build diversity by having less than 1/10 of the weapons and armor dark souls 2 had
>>
>>333181083
It's my favorite souls game.
>>
>>333181383
1% isn't a notable difference
>>
>>333187313
on /v/ 1% is like 150%, unless a PC game is on the lower end and is being compared to a console game
>>
>>333186729
This is a shitpost.

The game even lacks a main plot due to time constraints so they removed that and the community projected a shitload of fanfiction in the lore just by insinuating and making up theories based on horrendously translated item descriptions.

If you ignore literally EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH PLOT then you will appreciate everything else though. People just overestimate it because it has a unique lonely atmosphere and doesn't pander to aunts and grandmas like many video games nowadays. So you can say it's a good game.

You know besides the fact that they force you to use either a controller or a 3rd party fix because it's a shitty ass port with absolutely horrendous online network.

The second one has better gameplay, better soundtrack, better plot, worse characters, more consistent world-design when it comes to quality.

I'd play both.
>>
It's fine, play scholar of the first sin instead of the original
>>
Play Dark Souls 1 and Scholars of the First Sin. Also play Demon's Souls if you have a PS3.
>>
>>333187645
>The game lacks even a main plot
It lacks a strong narrative. The plot is there and it's not even hard to figure out.
Would you say the Metroid games don't have a plot either? They do - they just don't have much of a narrative.
>>
>>333187645
>better soundtrack
it really doesn't. DS2 songs, especially in boss fight, have zero personality and set the same pace and atmosphere to every fight (with exceptions, e.g Vendrick encounter, Aldia fight)

I completely agree with DS2 having better combat though, and consequently better arena-style PvP. I dont understand people who still play DS1 for non-invasion PvP
>>
File: 1455968512589.png (80 KB, 226x233) Image search: [Google]
1455968512589.png
80 KB, 226x233
>>333187645
Why the hell would you say that?
Dark Souls1 has pretty well-built lore with npcs/bosses/locations connected together, and how it's whole universe builds up is just really well-thought like:
>you get an item that surrounds your weapon with lightning
>you remember that gwynn used lightning bolts to defeat the dragons
>you read after it and notice that it actually has critical damage againts the offsprings of dragons (like drakes or demons)
>you suddenly understand why Ornstein the dragon slayer fights with a lighting spear
the game is full off little touches like this, and DaS2 has none of these. If you really think loving DaS1 is just a meme then you made a really shallow playthrough on the game.
>>
No.
Skip it, you literally won't miss a thing except for bad gameplay.

Also why would you skip the best of the Souls games? Go buy DS1 already you fucking faggot.
>>
>>333182072
There's a ton of DS2 things returning for 3. Not just item sets, but also NPCs and lore points. It's not a skippable entry.

Dark Souls 2 is a good game, OP. It's a ridiculous /v/ meme to claim that it's 0/10 trash when the worst part about it is that it doesn't have as nice an atmosphere as DS1 and that's it. It has better gameplay, more content, etc, certainly worth the money.
>>
>>333189084
>>333189117
>>
>>333189117
The only returning NPC from DS2 is Gilligan and he's fucking dead when you find him. The handmaids are not the firekeepers from 2, the one that gives you the blue sentinels sigil is the High Priestess of Lothric and was never a firekeepr so she isn't one either.

There are 5 armor sets from 2 that just tell you where in the game world these things came from and that's it. Vendrick is mentioned, but not even by name.

2 is completely skippable. IF the DLC changes that, then there might be a point to playing it again.
>>
>>333189468
By that logic the other games are skippable for the same reasons. Why would you willingly gimp yourself out of more Souls gameplay in a series where you should play every game to experience it all?

Fucking /v/ man, I swear. None of you have your own opinions.
>>
File: extra.jpg (19 KB, 308x464) Image search: [Google]
extra.jpg
19 KB, 308x464
>Make a combat system based around 1v1 combat
>Put enemies fucking everywhere
>>
>>333189721
3 is a direct continuation off of 1, it involves going to locations from 1 directly in the story and hell, you even fight characters from 1, though somewhat indirectly. Aldrich's boss theme is even a remake of Gwyndolin's theme, and the boss itself is 3 DS1 bosses almost literally put together, and the Soul of Cinder literally becomes Gwyn during the second phase. You miss out on a lot of 3 without 1, you miss out on just about nothing in 3 without 2.

You can't blame /v/ on this one, DS2 simply wasn't loved.
>>
>>333181083
Haven't played Scholars but Dark Souls 2 was great
>>
>>333190059
>forgetting Namless King being Gwyn's Firstborn, ending a long time meme in the souls community
>>
>>333189117
>anyone that disagrees with me is meming

DS2 fans are fucking retarded, but what else is new?

>better gameplay
Yeah I love it when every weapon feels like it's made from plastic and that every boss fight is as forgettable as the one before.
>>
>>333181083
It's a good game but the worst souls game I've played so far. Also, fuck soul memory!
>>
>>333181224
Oh, finally something I can completely agree with.
>>
>>333187645
this>>333188892
the lore is really there, it was really made for you to explore it and put it together, this is not a fucking meme

you are just one of those faggots who didn't even give a fuck about looking after the lore in the game yet claim that it had none because it wasn't spoonfed to you in lenghty cutscenes like in your avarage rpg.
>>
>>333190016
>game has tons of weapons all with different movesets, hitboxes and frames
>can always use a some weapon with large swinging hitboxes againts mobs
>people cry that they are getting raped by mobs while sticking purely to use some single target weapon

why the fuck people cry about fighting multiple enemies at the same time? You can always reposition yourself and strike down one or two without getting hit, and except deadman's wharf you hardly ever getting ganked in the back by something you couldn't even notice.
>>
>hating on Dark Souls 2

literally degenerate
>>
File: 1456776432278.jpg (51 KB, 676x858) Image search: [Google]
1456776432278.jpg
51 KB, 676x858
>>333191696
/thread
>>
>>333181083
I did one playthrough

It was at least worth that
>>
>>333184009
>abusing iframes is hard
>>
It's the weakest of all the souls games but it's still pretty good. The biggest gripes people have are Soul Memory (which doesn't effect you if you don't do online stuff) and some pretty boring and forgettable bosses.
>>
Dsfix didnt work on my shitty ass computer so I had to start with DS2 first. The game was genuinely amazing cause it was my first souls game.
Then I played ds1, it has great level design and stuff, but for some reason gameplay felt lacking.
Anyway, most complaints about this game are muh atmosphere, muh level design and muh enemy placement
Sure level design is bad compared to first or bloodborne but this one has the most content and pvp in it
>>
File: From Software presents.gif (122 KB, 980x300) Image search: [Google]
From Software presents.gif
122 KB, 980x300
>>333192321
Im in a similar situation. For some reason, my laptop cannot handle the complexity that is DS (with DSFix too) but when i tried DS2 it ran it ok with minor issues here and there. Sure, Soul Memory is kind of nonsense and the bosses could be harder but once you get into more game cycles and overall the game is fun, has so many kinds of weapons/spells you can create any kind of build, the PVP is solid and fun and the covenants are ok. Sadly i havent got the DLCs yet and i wanna try them out, i heard they are good. Anyway what im saying here, is that DS2 is equally a fun game without having to be DS HD edition.
>>
>>333192851
The DLCs are pretty great, if you got DaS 2 you should upgrade to SotFS. I did cause it was cheaper than buying the DLCs separately plus you get the new changes of SotFS.
You thought Iron Keep was harrowing before, wait till you see SotFS Iron Keep.
>>
>>333193089
Yeah Iron Keep sotfs was shrine of amana tier.
But the enemies are usually fine except that infinite stamina maul guy in dragon area, yet theres so much bullshit in bloodborne dlc that is incomparable to any souls game
>>
File: Pepe of Song.png (63 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
Pepe of Song.png
63 KB, 500x424
>>333193089
I too was thinking of upgrading to SotFS, but maybe i wont for the time being considering my shitty setup, but even if its laggy i can always play the 32-bit one till i upgrade.
>tfw i cant have all these cool DLC equipment

>>333193419
>infinite stamina maul guy

Fuck this fuckers!
>>
>>333181083
It is good. but DaS1 is better.

It drifts towards the unfair style of difficulty at times, and the plot is presented too vaguely. Das1 has a relatively simple plot that's enough to hook you in, your life is saved by a knight, and he asks you one favour, which kicks off the game.

In Das2, you just... wake up? Old women tell you you're cursed, then later you walk up to a woman who asks if you're the next king(?), which kicks off the game(if you could call that a proper start...)
>>
>>333181083
Yes, it's just the least great in the series.
>>
Mediocre but playable
>>
I don't like it and I feel like it has retroactively ruined DaS1 in many ways
>>
>>333196706
>retroactively ruined DaS1 in many ways
?
>>
>>333197085
The ending.
The whole land functioning in circles and with "constants and variables".

Solaire apparently being remembered as this super happy faggot. Sunbros being the only faction that survived.
Ornstein is a weak faggot.
Religious talismans being replaced with bells.

Honestly the whole lore is fucked now and now it isn't a series with only good games anymore.
>>
>>333181083
No, it is by far the worst of the Souls games. Play the original Dark Souls or Demon's Souls before playing DaS II.
>>
>>333197390
>Religious talismans being replaced with bells.
This was good.
>>
>>333181083
Yes! It's not as fast as Bloodborne but it's still a very good game. You should play 1, 3 and Demon Souls as well if you want.
>>
After beating Dark Souls 1 I remember thinking something along the lines of "I want to replay this game at least once a year that was incredible".

After beating Dark Souls 2 I immediately made another character. I thought maybe I'd missed something and that it was my fault I hadn't enjoyed it. I couldn't play for more than a few more hours before shutting it off.

Not some nostalgia pheg either I played the shit out of DeS before DS1 and think BB=DS1.
>>
>>333181383
I don't know what you're getting at, but Dark Souls II sucked ass, I own the vanilla DSII on PS3 and SotFS on PS4, I gave the game a second chance, as I thought "oh, maybe they changed the shit graphics, removed soul memory and the awful awkward animations they used for maces"

It makes me mad that my once girlfriend bought the game for me because I had no money, fucking piece of shit game wasn't worth it

Dark Souls anyday, Dark Souls II never again PERIOD
>>
>>333198164
You are literally me.
Have you played Das3 already and is it good?

Because I am on a complete media blackout of das3 and haven't seen anything of it so far but you seem to be the perfect reviewer for me.
>>
>>333198475
>the game is shit
>I bought it twice and probably also bought the season pass

You are not a very smart man.
>>
>>333198164
This. Dark souls 1 is undoubtedly my favorite game of all time, das2 is just annoying to play
>>
>>333181083
Yeah, the Scholar edition is pretty good. And it's a long game as well.
>>
>>333198632
Shut up Anon someone else bought it for me

I really wanted it to be good, Anon, I really did
>>
>>333198502
Yeah I played through the Jap release twice. It's good and worth playing keep yourself spoiler free you're nearly there anon.
>>
>>333197390
You're treating DaSII as if it can touch the canon, or as if a canon even exists.

The series isn't so much about creating coherent stories and worlds as it is about presenting evocative concepts and rousing the imagination. I personally like DaSII's backstory but it has about as much validity as anyone else's headcanon or fanfiction.

DaSII references characters but information is unreliable due to time/distance -- that dragonslayer isn't necessarily Ornstein

>>333197708
I prefer talismans but the bells are also nice.
>>
>>333198826
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1423801777609.jpg (39 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
1423801777609.jpg
39 KB, 720x539
>>333181083
Why would you even consider playing 2 when you haven't played 1 or Demon's Souls? It's not like they're 25+ years old on the NES and irrelevant.
>>
File: sfogdhg.png (107 KB, 594x136) Image search: [Google]
sfogdhg.png
107 KB, 594x136
It's not a terrible game and technically stands on it's own, however, it is rife with problems with regards to design choices and cutbacks. It is likely that you will go in comparing it to Bloodborne and as such it will present itself as being subpar.

I'd like to defend it and call it a good game but I just think it falls flat as an overall experience - the game is pretty polarizing so it might be worth looking into if you are feeling ambitious... otherwise I'd recommend you buy DaS1.
>>
>>333181224
FPBP
>>
Played 2 and then softs for the dlc (got it from a friend)

It's the worst of the series and everyone knows why
>>
i started playing dark souls yesterday
what exactly is the purpose of unhollowing and kindling the fire ?
other than seeing my character's awful baby face, i haven't noticed anything different
>>
>>333199632
When you kindle the fire it increases your Estus Flask for that bonfire by increments of 5. Aside from this it offers stat bonuses + increases item drops relative to how much humanity you have in the counter.
>>
Got 350hrs on it. Yeah its pretty good.
>>
>>333200319
People spend thousands of hours on mmos do you think mmos are good?
>>
File: 1401322174077.jpg (17 KB, 330x150) Image search: [Google]
1401322174077.jpg
17 KB, 330x150
The best way I can describe it is that Dark Souls II is bigger than Dark Souls.

Bigger. Not necessarily better.

A lot of nice chances were made, but they are offset and possibly outweighed by the sheer number of stupid fucking decisions that were made.

The DLCs are fucking fantastic though. They're basically mandatory.
>>
>>333200515
No.
>>
>>333193089
do I need a better rig to play sotfs? I have a shitty pc but I was able to run DaS2 pretty well
>>
>>333181083
It's great OP, but only the SotS version. Despite it's flaws, it's the only one of the series that I replay. I'm not going to sit here and talk shit about the other games, but 2 is by far my favorite.
>>
>>333181083
>Is this a good game?
Yes.
>Is this a great game?
No.
>Is it better than BloodBorn?
It runs better (at least on PC) but that's about it. Also more build variety. Everything else is worse.
>>
File: 1458570751619.webm (883 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458570751619.webm
883 KB, 1280x720
>>333181083
>Is this a good game?
>meme game good
NO.
>>
>>333208975
But h-how?
>>
File: 1458570445658.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458570445658.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>333209421
meme physics
>>
I played it. I didn't like it.
>>
Is DS2 really that bad compared to DS1? I just got into DS1 by buying Prepare to Die edition and i'm enjoying the hell out of it. Should I wait for a sale of DS2 or will I enjoy it for the same reasons I enjoy DS1?
>>
>>333181767
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>333181224
What exactly is bad about the parts after the lord vessel? Only dip in quality I noticed was the fire locations and probably the crystal caves (although I just count it as dukes archives).
>>
>>333181083
It's okay. /v/ is disproportionately butthurt about it. I'd recommend if you can get the full dlc version on sale
>>
File: cropped.png (523 KB, 719x565) Image search: [Google]
cropped.png
523 KB, 719x565
>>333209817
Trying to 100% this game before DS3. Dark souls 1 had some poor hit boxes on some of its attacks, but 2 is like they didn't even care.
>>
>>333211254
Aside from gwyn and kiln there's nothing memorable after lord vessel imo. It's just kind of there.
>>
>>333211703
Things that have legit bad hit boxes in the game.

All the club giants, the big guys in the Tower of Flame and the NPC before the chariot. And this is mostly because of the insane tracking.
>>
>>333211798
AotA can be considered after the Lord Vessel
>>
>>333212043
I don't consider DLC in assessment of a game.

Don't get me wrong artorias is a great fight, particularly with the tie in to sif but I tend to think of it as a separate entity.

Particularly considering we'd need to compare it with DAS2 DLC if we go down that route which is boring as fuck
>>
DS2 is the best in the series
>>
>>333181083
>Only post if you actually played it!
Yes it is, I've played it. I've also played the original version with the DLC separately. Scholar is a bit better probably.
>>
>>333181083
DeS=DaS2 > BB > DaS >>>>>>>>> DaS3
>>
>>333181083
I'd like it a lot more if the level and enemy placement was better. That's SotFS. After they improved it.

It's still pretty fucking irksome. Like, take the bonfire right before the gargoyles. The dogs down there that you can farm aren't brainless but the real threat is the walls randomly clipping your attacks and you getting chain stunned till dogrape cums.

There's a lot of that in DaS2. And honestly after you die to something once, because of the design, it's easy to just say ok fuck off and run past it then be totally fine for it.
>>
>>333181224
I think vanilla(release) DS2 was better than the changes SOTFS made. SOTFS's only good addition is the DLC.

Demons Souls is about as good as dark souls as a whole. No real dips in quality all it really lacked was build diversity.
>>
>>333181083
The game is OK, it is only a disappointment if you fell into the hype trap, it's not better than ds, das, or be but there are some things that they get right, the biggest problem with the game is hitboxes but if you can get past that it's alright.
>>
Anyone wanna pvp on pc at the bridge? im SM 1.5 mil
>>
>>333181083
Way better than ds1
>>
File: ed.gif (650 KB, 697x532) Image search: [Google]
ed.gif
650 KB, 697x532
>>333181083

Doing a final run right now before DS3. Went Faith/Strength, going to slap Fume Knight around tonight.
>>
File: SotFS_BlueSmelter.jpg (2 MB, 1482x880) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_BlueSmelter.jpg
2 MB, 1482x880
Skip the Iron Passage entirely, there is no reward for doing it and the area is fucking shit with a rehashed smelter demon as boss. Otherwise the game is a fun playthrough as long as you don't compare it to the good entries.

Also what are some good low strength weapons for a hex build? I want to complete this playthrough before ds3 comes out, currently using a roaring halberd +5 (2 hands only) and a magic dagger+6, magic short sword+6. Planning on going high faith and ~40 int, is dark my best option for infusion? 8 strength and I want a weapon I can one hand that actually dies decent damage. I have 29 Dex but I might spec it down
>>
i only have the original dark souls II on pc. what's the difference?
>>
>>333181083

Just wait for Dark Souls III, OP. It's much better.
>>
>>333216412
You gotta do Iron Passage and Blue Smelty to unlock Alonne, don't you?
>>
>>333216642
Do you? I just remember going through the area, beating the boss and nothing happening but that was my first playthrough a while ago
>>
>>333181083
I was planning on playing this today to complete the dlc. Had it downloading, planning a build melee hexer / moonlight greatsword. Watched some videos on youtube and it jogged my memory and I realised just how shit the game was and I could bring myself to trudge through it all over again.

It's a pretty shitty game. There's nothing redeeming about it, every aspect of it is mediocre and falls short of ds1. Animations, textures, enemies, bosses, level design etc its all shit. Especially coming from Bloodborne you're in for some disappointment.
>>
>>333181083
It's the worst game in the franchise.

They just couldn't do without Miyazaki-san
>>
>>333216642
No, you don't. I'm pretty sure all you need to do to unlock Alonne is to get rid of those Iron Keep things that heal enemies, kill Fume Knight, and be able to enter dreams.
>>
Are there cooldowns on invasions or can you only use cracked eye orbs when someone near your level is around?
>>
>>333182543
>all your time on
>not finding every weapon, spell, piece of armor, item and doing weapon runs
>>
>>333190016
The combat system is retarded because of the limitation of consoles. It's really fucking sad. When I think about the 3rd person action game we used to have on PC 15 years ago it's a huge fucking step backward.
>>
>>333192125
>abuse
How so?
>>
>>333190016
>what is kiting
>what are ultra greatswords
>what is positioning
>>
>>333184431
>pissfour is the Sweden of the current generation
It's free to africans?
>>
File: git gud.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
git gud.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>333209817
>>333208975

Just git gud man
>>
File: git gud3.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
git gud3.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333218753
Quality game
>>
>>333181083
its good, but not as good as the first one.

Play the first one first, then play 2.

Come on now what kind of shit bait is this.

Who asks about the second game first?
>>
File: shitty hitboxes 2.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
shitty hitboxes 2.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>333218753
>0adp and proud
>>
File: hit box souls.webm (3 MB, 960x538) Image search: [Google]
hit box souls.webm
3 MB, 960x538
>>333208975
Has From ever made a good game?
>>
>>333219356
They did Armored Core before Dark Souls.

They also had this game that was basically Amnesia on a boat.
>>
File: 1421643348520.jpg (37 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
1421643348520.jpg
37 KB, 278x278
>>333217843
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ZLoHl5UH8
>>
>>333217843
you can use em at any time. if you hook someone, is a different story. that said, i dont know if it works this way for reds- but if you use a blue orb and theres no one in your area, it will sometimes send you to another area.
>>
>>333219356
oh yeah speaking of which i saw the hitboxs actually improved in ds3
>>
>>333191696
>>333191921
(You)
>>
>>333183020
This so much
/v/ is so fucking childish when it comes to this, and so is most of the souls fanbase.
>>
File: borf borf.webm (3 MB, 960x538) Image search: [Google]
borf borf.webm
3 MB, 960x538
>>333219707
It's about time.
>>
>>333219691
I ask because I tried to invade twice, failed, then I couldn't use them for a while.
>>
>>333181083
It's worth a playthough for sure, but honestly it's nothing special.
>>
Ds1 was better but ds2 was still amazing
>>
>>333203783
Nope, if anything it runs better.
>>
>>333219794
yeah i think it was addressed in one of vaatividyas videos on dark souls 3.
>>
>>333181083
Untalented Nip developer who designed for consoles which use AMD GPUs. PC version is an unoptimized build like their prior releases.
>>
>>333216412
>Also what are some good low strength weapons for a hex build?
Send help please
>>
>>333220525
Estoc is pretty ballin'.
>>
>>333216412
I didn't mind blue smelter because at least they ripped off a GOOD pre-existing boss and actually changed his moveset a little bit, so compared to the other rehash stooges (graverobber gank and those stupid fucking cats) he is ok.
But seriously, FUCK iron passage. Everything about that area is absolutely infuriating. It's not even interesting either, it's just a regular fucking cave.
>>
File: 1454961491079.jpg (93 KB, 652x466) Image search: [Google]
1454961491079.jpg
93 KB, 652x466
what weapon is your favorite?

ivory king UGS for me
>>
How the FUCK do I beat Lud and Zallen
>>
File: 1396807027137.jpg (110 KB, 569x577) Image search: [Google]
1396807027137.jpg
110 KB, 569x577
Dark Souls 2 is complete trash.

If it didn't have Dark Souls in the name the game would have gotten 5-7/10 on every review site.
>>
>>333221134
I used a brightbug
If you aren't a total fag like I am, try getting the first cat to as low health as possible without summoning the other one, and then wait for him to do the magic ice crystal homing thing. Run behind and do as much damage as possible before that other cat jumps in and tries to fuck you up.
>>
>>333220908
Thanks I'll give it a try, lower damage than the infused rapiers, but people seem to like the range and moveset a lot. Havent used one in this game so it'll be fun. Also bumping up my strength will ket me use the falchion which seems pretty fun. Is dark my best infusion damage wise with 40 int and 50+ fth?

>>333221002
Yeah, the tiered levels are cancer. I hate how I had to resort to a lot of ranged combat in ds2 just to avoid getting ganked by monsters
>>
>>333181083
Game is really fun, but has some major problems. The two biggest problems for me. The world design is fucking terrible and doesn't make any sense. If you want to dodge any attacks you have to have at least 15 points in ADP. Recommend at least 20 in ADP. If you don't put any points into ADP then you will get hit by attacks that landed where you were after rolling.
>>
My main problems with the game are the environments, their layout, and the way most things (especially certain enemies) look
>>
I really like some ds2 levels. Heide's tower is gorgeous if very short. Amazing atmosphere. Drangleic castle is really creepy. Lost Bastille is cool in that you can beat it two different ways.

I really wish bloodborne had torches you could light, at least a few. I love the way lighting up the Things Betwixt and No Man's Wharf transforms those areas.that was an underappreciated touch
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.