[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else just auto resolve all the battles and just play it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 500px-Stw_gold.jpg (159 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
500px-Stw_gold.jpg
159 KB, 500x654
Anyone else just auto resolve all the battles and just play it like risk? I did the same thing with Rome.
>>
Yeah I did that
>>
The battles in shogun 1 are a bit boring, I call bullshit on Rome though.
>>
>>333181406
I do.
>>
>>333181520
Why? Autoresolving in Rome is silly, since there's loads of variables in the actual battles that autoresolve doesn't account for.
>>
>>333180520
No
The old total war games were designed with battles being the main focus. Go play a gsg instead.
>>
I did in Medieval and later games if it was a battle with a crushing advantage on my side, too bad you get negative traits for auto resolving nowdays
>>
>>333182128
I'm curious, what makes Medieval 1's battles better than later games? I see people saying that on /v/ a lot.
>>
>>333182282
You can betray allies mid battle, every unit has a named officer with traits and titles you can grant them for governorship, also you can actually dismount your knights before battle unlike Medieval 2. There's some cool campaign stuff too like being able to pick which side of a rebellion you want to fight for.
>>
>>333182472
fuck, that does sound pretty damn cool.
>>
>>333182556
The only thing that takes some getting used to is left click for selecting, moving, and attacking like Infinity Engine games.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.