[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you like to see in DMC5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
What would you like to see in DMC5?
>>
All the playable characters that were in 4 SE for starters.
>>
>>333179518
Papa Dante fucking my virgin asshole
>>
Dante gets it in
>>
>>333180362
>>333180795
I'm noticing a theme here
>>
Existing for starters.
>>
Dragon Ball guest characters.
You know you want it too.
>>
Dead gooks
>>
Rebellion aerial combat being part of regular moveset or more aerial moves.
>>
File: 1428041123036.jpg (67 KB, 465x800) Image search: [Google]
1428041123036.jpg
67 KB, 465x800
>>333179518
>existence
>have a story that feels finished
>Dante and Vergil
the rest is fluff
>>
>>333182602
What, Rebellions aerial moveset is already part of a regular moveset
>>
>>333182609
He's dead anon. Give it up.
>>
>>333179518
Dante's styles are as meaty and fleshed out as in 3

Nero returns with different devil buster style and new weapons

>>333182602
definitely not this, other characters can have aerial movesets but Dante should have to work to stay airborn, as is tradition
>>
File: Corrupt_Vergil_(Model)_DMC4SE.png (3 MB, 2021x2750) Image search: [Google]
Corrupt_Vergil_(Model)_DMC4SE.png
3 MB, 2021x2750
>>333182801
Never give up on Vergil.
>>
>takes place after 2 with Dante riding into hell
>a bunch of demons are pissed that he killed their children or minions
>they fight
>Vergil is there
>end
Playable characters include every playable character from every game.
Tons of weapons.
Minigame where you beat up Ninja Theory employees.

Non canon side story campaign where Dante meets Bayo through online dating and they fight over the tab at dinner.
>>
>>333182801
hell, no.
i'm motivated for more Vergil.
>>
>>333182680
It's part of Swordmaster.
>>
>>333183683
Right, I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>333182680
All I need is helm breaker.
And a shotgun.
>>
>>333181662
I want to gargle with Dante's cum
>>
>>333183894
filtered
>>
>>333183868
It should be executable without Swordmaster if they're not going to add more moves, like Air Stinger Vergil has.

In DMC3 it made sense, because you had to choose between mastering a gun, melee weapon, guard etc. But in DMC4 you could easily switch between styles on go, so why not just simplify it as well? The only reason being "it was like that in 3, it's a tradition", but it doesn't mean there's no room for improvement.
With Rebellion in DMC4, Dante had two aerial moves with two different buttons. Nero had 4 with just one button.
>>
>>333184537
You'd be constricting the other styles. There's no excuse to simplify it just use the fucking dpad when you want to do aerial rave it's not rocket science.
>>
>>333184537
Why are you so triggered about this, I'm so sick of you crying about it in every DMC thread.

It's equally easy and literally entry level combo. Name one setup where it would be more beneficial to have Aerial rave on neutral triangle? You literally cant. Now here's a combo that would be ruined with fw+triangle input for helm breaker:
helm breaker -> JC -> helmbreaker -> JC. Why? Because now you have to tap fw everytime you helm breaker, and you can't tap fw when you want neutral JC or otherwise Dante would go into a roll/fw jump animation.

Knock it off faggot.
>>
DmC Dante's personality would be great. The only problem was his costume, aside from that he had more energy than original Dante, and seemed like less of a useless whiny cunt.
>>
>>333185125
Then either add more moves, for fucks sake. You faggots always pick at this part.

And dividing everything at styles isn't exactly the best idea.
>>
File: 1445559160021.png (261 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1445559160021.png
261 KB, 400x500
>>333185354
>DmC Dante's personality would be great
>>333185406
>dividing everything at styles isn't always exactly the best idea
You have no idea what you're talking about anon.
>>
A complete and utter retcon of DMC4. Literally everything besides the combat was shit and the series would be better off if the events and characters never happened.
>>
>>333185125
Just to add, helm breaker -> JC -> helmbreaker -> JC would still be doable, but the fw input unnecessarily complicates the combo.

-You can't hold fw at all time because your JC won't be a neutral JC anymore.
-Some setups like Vergil's Air Stinger -> JC or Nero's Calibur->JC are doable because extra leeway in the air dashing animation that autotracks, helmbreaker doesn't have that leeway and you need some side rave finger speed to pull off 3-4 reps of helmbreaker-JC.
>>
>>333182801
capcom knows how much cash Vergil rakes in
>>
>>333185482
>You have no idea what you're talking about anon.
How so?
>>
>>333185684
That's a terrible idea.
>>
>>333185684
>literally everything besides the combat was shit
>devil may cry game

?

oh people unironically care about the lore? I suppose it's interesting but I don't play DMC or ninja gaiden for the lore.
>>
>>333185406
More moves =/ more depth

Just look at Osiris/Arbiter in DmC having the exact movesets and properties of Rebellion. Here's the launcher, ground combo A, ground combo B for crowd control, stinger, aerial combo A, and aerial combo B that props your character higher. It's all moves with the same properties, and literally for what purpose other than to beat on Red Blue color coded enemies
>>
>>333179518
A totally free camera for once. Shit was fucking annoying in DMC4, and probably is in the previous games too haven't played them, so can't really tell
Trying to jump from one ledge to another and the camera suddenly chaing was fucking bullshit. Fixed camera is a fucking inbred mechanism.
>>
>>333185354
I'd atually be okay with this, just switched around. Dontes outfit and Dantes personality. He looks like some kind of fucking edgy, gay cowboy in the old ones.
>>
>>333186278
Not saying everything should have suddenly the same moveset, but having a little more than helm breaker and one aerial rave combo would be nice and add little more variety.
>>
>>333186376
Fixed camera fits the genre, especially in combat.
>>
>>333186704
>having a little more than helm breaker and one aerial rave combo would be nice and add little more variety.
We all can agree with that, but remember it also needs to be distinct enough to differentiate not only with other weapons, but other character. In DMC4, Nero has Roulette spin to prop him up during aerial combo while Dante doesn't. They then give out this Roulette spin to Vergil Yamato too, which is kind of lame.

How many move properties can you honestly cram into aerial movesets anyway? The only decent one I could think of is to have aerial round trip for rebellion similar to Trish, but not any other moves.
>>
>>333187386
What does the fixed camera do that a free camera can't?
>>
>>333188045
Give an outlook with more view on battlefield.

But I agree that in platforming section it was an ass.
>>
>>333188451

I just don't like how when the camera's position changes the direction I'm holding on the stick will cause me to go back in the direction I came from.
>>
>>333188679
I understand. Not everything is best at everything. Currently playing DMC2 and it's the best example of how horrible fixed camera may be.
>>
>retard trying to argue that dante needs more ir mobility

if you're actually good he's the most mobile character in the game

Look up anything by donguri for a start. Guard flying, Trickster teleporting twice and having 2 air dashes when in DT, you can even just sit on things and jump/royal cancel over and over, you can use the Lucifer shoot combo to stay in the air for basically ever too.
>>
>>333183174
This=perfection
>>
>>333184537
>pressing B, then jumping, then pressing b again is too hard ;_:
>i dont have enough air moves despite having 3 weapons to choose from, and 4 styles, and dark slayer too

Dante can do all kinds of shit in the air.

Hell one of my favourite combos to do is

Prop shred - Trickster - Teleport
Lucifer Rose - Teleport - SM
Circle Circle Circle - Switch Beowulf - Killer Bee - JC - Lucifer Rose - Trickster Teleport - Lucifer Y with JC Dark Slayer Slashes thrown in.

Thats like 6 different moves there and thats literally my BnB. From there you can do a flying guard Killer Bee into Cold Rain to fly over their heads, do a few more air raves, throw in some Dark Slayer slashes, Lucifer shenanigans etc

Doing cool air combos is just the beginning of style btw. When you get REALLY stylish is when you're air comboing things, reaching the ground before them, then punting them back up into the sky before they hit the floor and starting all over.
>>
Here have some inspiration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhAJwtrG5eE
>>
more fuck you
>>
File: 1434422738387.jpg (26 KB, 280x330) Image search: [Google]
1434422738387.jpg
26 KB, 280x330
>>333179518
A complete game
>>
>>333189576
Not saying it's hard. Just saying there's place for improvement. Whoever is not with us is against us
>>
>>333189875
How would you improve it without ruining the point of individual styles. Sword Master is supposed to be offensive based, giving you extra moves to use against enemies. Why would you feel the need to move an attack away from that and clutter let's say Trickster with something that doesn't belong there because that style is all about movement and avoiding attacks?
>>
File: dmc1_dante_devil_triggers.jpg (54 KB, 1088x478) Image search: [Google]
dmc1_dante_devil_triggers.jpg
54 KB, 1088x478
I'd like to see the old DT moves again (Air Raid, Vortex, Meteor, Inferno).
>>
instead of bringing back vergil again to beat that literally dead horse, have a grown up nero who properly uses yamato and has some of Vergil's moveset with his own variations
>>
>>333190118
>How would you improve it without ruining the point of individual styles.
Giving even more moves, since there's some free inputs to be used.
>>
>>333187386
No it fucking doesn't. Isn't DMC about having control and shit so you can rack up your style and do fucked up combos? That shit would be a lot easier if that godawful camera didn't fuck with you all of the time.
>>
3/4's combat system but in a game more of the style of the first. It can still have crazy uncle Dante or whatever, I'm talking about about more challenging enemies. More enemies like Shadow, Death Scythes, Blitz and Hell Vanguard. I always prefered the reflex testing enemies over the punching bag look stylish types.
>>
File: scum.jpg (258 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
scum.jpg
258 KB, 500x500
>Vergil
>Vergil
>Vergil
>and Vergil

Let's not forget Vergil. Oh and >>333189836
This. I also want Nero
>>
>>333190825
It doesn't have randomly jump from one angle to another since you're probably thinking of this.
>>
File: Dante(2).jpg (19 KB, 418x275) Image search: [Google]
Dante(2).jpg
19 KB, 418x275
>>333191268
>Death Scythes
>good
>>
>>333191395
Yeah the cow head guys not the witches, always wrecked my shit, which was good? I also liked Plasma from 1
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.