[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mmo talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
i've been testing a couple mmos but i cant really decide which i like most. the ones i've been testing are eso, wildstar and tera. teras pvp is bullshit so thats why i wont play that, but choosing between eso and wildstar is hard, both of them have some flaws
eso, its not very well optimized and has some lag
wildstar has little to no playerbase
can /v/ help me with this? im also open for suggestions for an mmo to sink my time in(excluding gw2, ffxiv and wow)
>inb4 mmos are shit
>>
Nobody cares. Make your own decision you fucking child.
>>
>>333178930
>trying to start a conversation about mmos
>get called a child
do a favor for everyone and get infront of the mirror and think about what you see in there
>>
MMOs are fucking dead, OP. You should just move on. There's nothing left.
>>
>If you like a good game in all camps WoW
>If you want a game with very good PvE but shit PvP, go FFXIV
>If you want a game with good PvP, ahahahahahahaha
>If you want something fresh, ahahahahahaha
>If you want something good, AHAHAHAHAAHAH
>>
>>333179080

>trying to start a conversation about mmos

Fuck off. You already tested some out and should be able to make a decision already.
>>
>>333179194
well suggest me a game that i can sink my time in, a game which rewards my efforts and time spent
its just so i have something to do apart from my work, i've tried working all the time but it will just get my head fucked up
>>
>>333179414

How's about you fuck off instead?
>>
>>333179414
Life.
>>
>>333179362
even if i have tested them doesnt mean i cant talk about them
as i said i want conversation, not bitches whine about decision making
>>
>>333179526

>can /v/ help me with this?

No, now fuck off.
>>
>>333179513
i've tried it, it has good graphics, not very interesting story, its fun every once in a while but i prefer not to
>>
>>333179608
c'mon stop samefagging just cause you dont enjoy anything, you must have something better to do
>>
>>333179280
>If you want a game with good PvP, ahahahahahahaha
someone hasn't played eso
>>
>>333179750

Go play your shitty mmo games and fuck off.
>>
Bought and played Albion online with some mates. It's pretty rough right now, and 75% of the playerbase is inactive waiting for the beta reset.

As a whole, though, it's moving in a pretty good direction, and should be something you at least look into.
>>
>>333179852
how about you fuck off instead? my fucking thread i can do what ever i want with it
>>
>>333180018

Wow, sorry. I didn't realize you were actually under 18. I'll go.
>>
>>333179526
Look. I prefer ESO. It was pretty terrible at release, but it started getting better. Its PVP and late game content is fun, but all the quest grinding before then is stupid. The fact that you have to level up 5 times to continue in the storyline is stupid. The most experience you can get in each quest is 10% of the way to the next level, even if you were supposed to get more. They completely destroyed level grinding and the quests start getting repetitive after level 20. The guilds and crafting systems are really optimized though, and the PVP is nice. Locking major content behind paywalls and calling it "DLC" however is a very poor choice. The latest "DLC" is the thieves guild, and the justice system that was implemented before that was perfectly fine, it just needed a few tweaks, not a fucking paywall expansion. Last year at E3 they teased at a Dark Brotherhood or Black Hand DLC and it hasn't come out yet.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably the best MMO around atm, but it has some serious downsides.
>>
>>333178748
War thunder
>>
>>333179978
i've read things about it, sounds very promising and most of the features seem good and well done, but only problem i have is the "birds eye view" camera, i some how cant get into games which has that apart from RTS'
>>
File: 1457038324944.jpg (17 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1457038324944.jpg
17 KB, 313x286
>>333179836
>>
>>333180216
yes i have played eso recently, i like the pvp and crafting, but hate the leveling is bullshit. i really think the payment model is actually good, you can play all the content and get crowns with some bonuses(more exp etc.) with eso plus
>>
>>333180527
If you want someone's more honest opinion about eso you should check out MMO Grinder's video on it. It's over a year old now though, but most of the statements in it are still viable.
>>
>>333180259
Yeah, it's definitely the bigger drawback of the game. It's very much point-and-click based, due to being developed for android along with the other OSs.
>>
>>333180787
this one sees the potential in you
>>
>>333180957
i've always liked games that are accessible but game you can play on PC and phone/tablet... thats a bit too much
>>
WS and TESO are both garbage, broken at the core and will never be fixed. half the fight is the service platform, not the gameplay. WS and TESO both obviously get a fail here. and so does the gameplay anyway.

GW2 at least has ~100% uptime and doesn't make you feel like shit for logging in. its a good service. however GW1 is still a good service and actually a better game, so you could just play that.

FF14 at least works hard enough to just about ask for a sub fee, every 3~4 months there's *something*. the accounting system is a bit shit though, and the gameplay is bland. it does have a nice FF aesthetic going for it. once again though i feel like you get just as much going back and playing FFXI instead, if you don't care about a bland WoW knockoff with the world's only shit catgirls. SHIT. CATGIRLS.

WoW is the most responsive obviously. it has downtime every week and sometimes lag under very specific circumstances, but its still ok, not the worst - it plays smoothly and they might "accidentally" sell your personal details a bit less than other publishers. but on-going development worthy of asking a sub fee has stopped 3~4 years ago. at this point it should be expac box price only, because they release 'em and forget 'em now.
>>
>>333181162
>he played eso in 2014
>>
>>333178748
Honestly OP, you should try Black desert Online.
>>
>>333181162
ESO has been almost never down, atleast when i've wanted to played, oh there was that ONE time when it was down for maintanance
WS well dont know about down times but its a good game
FF14 i hate the community and has very stupid pvp and combat, but they sell...
WoW good game but i've burned down on it
>>
>>333181545
I will, as soon as i don't have to wear same clothes as everyone else
>>
>>333181545
>unironically likes BDO
Face it. The character creator dragged you in.
>>
>>333181587

TESO is a shitty engine with constant desync and pop-in, laggy towns, and the Crown Store seems pretty jew, like having to buy a core guild or a race? Come on. WS is a famously unstable and unoptimized game.

The server uptime itself is not the only part of providing a nice service that you feel good about using again and again.
>>
Friendly reminder to report OP for being underage.
>>
>>333181861
Spent ~15 minutes in it, I love the game for the combat, market, and it's fun.

[Spoiler]I never had a ln amazing mmo to play with friebds, and this is my first. I wish I played ffxi or early wow [/spoiler]
>>
>>333182013
>I hate WS so I'm gonna hate ESO too
Everything in the crown stir is optional. You don't HAVE to play an Imperial. You must be new if you think the Imperial is a core race when they weren't even in the first Elder Scrolls games. And what do you mean about core guild? You can't mean the trader and banker anywhere can you? It's not like you can use a Wayshine to get to any bank or shop, right? It's just an optional convenience. You can spend money on Crowns if you want to.
>>
>>333182013
agree on the lag, but i havent had any desync nor pop-in. crown store doesnt seem as jewy if you really are going to play the game(as in subscribe) since you get crowns every month if subbed.
>>
File: 1459452695350.jpg (775 KB, 3460x3685) Image search: [Google]
1459452695350.jpg
775 KB, 3460x3685
just play eve desu

I'll give you a referal so you can get 1 million isk to start with ( its a lot )
>>
>>333182706

no it isnt

fucking gay dog eve is stupid. you just make a credit number go big so you can try to make it go bigger until it goes to zero, and you cry and then you try and make the credit number go big again.
>>
>>333182706
i'd rather start my own company, almost the same as eve but you (hopefully) make money in the process
>>
>>333182706
pls go goonfag
>>
Do you want to get SUPER autistic with housing? Wildstar
Do you like FF or just want WoW with FF-brand paint slapped all over it? FFXIV
Do you like lolis and dressup? Tera
Do you want to be a piece of shit? WoW
For combat, W* and Tera would be the more 'action' combat with aimed abilities (lag/positioning dependant), and FFXIV and WoW would be tab-targeting.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.