[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does /v/ hate video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 465465.gif (1 MB, 410x313) Image search: [Google]
465465.gif
1 MB, 410x313
why does /v/ hate video games?
>>
grinding
>>
People who don't play video games telling me how to enjoy video games.
>>
>>333173892
>9gag-tier gif
>pirates of the caribbean

fuck off
>>
File: 1409860353379.jpg (219 KB, 1640x1186) Image search: [Google]
1409860353379.jpg
219 KB, 1640x1186
>>333173892
The people who love you the most are the ones that are the most critical of what you do.
>>
>>333173892
At first they do it to fit in, but then they genuinely fall for the hivemind mentality.

Don't let it happen to you, OP, or any of you anons who actually like this hobby.
>>
the second pirates movie was pretty good.
>>
It's a 'hobby' for immature manchildren
>>
>>333176420
I think the fourth pirates movie was a lot of fun
>>
File: 1459577111582.png (1 MB, 958x720) Image search: [Google]
1459577111582.png
1 MB, 958x720
Because they are shit
>>
>>333177272
Same.

Of course it is not a cinema masterpiece, but it is a fun watch and it's the only pirates sequel that lives up to the first movie.
>>
>>333177523
That's more than likely because it's a self contained story so it doesn't have to focus on Davy Jones being a whiny bitch for 2 hours like in 3.
>>
>>333177374
Like your mother? Tell her she still owe me money for the bad sex.
>>
>>333177924
Fucking brutal!
>>
File: 1459529134883.jpg (43 KB, 437x381) Image search: [Google]
1459529134883.jpg
43 KB, 437x381
>>333177924
Wow you got me there
>>
>>333173892
I don't 'hate' video games, but here is why I complain a bit sometimes.

Video games, and more specifically the industries surrounding and supporting them, are like a girl who drops by my house every day.

Some days, she fucks me amazingly in ways I didn't think were possible.

Others, she vomits on me as soon as I open the door.

Occasionally, she will ask me questions about myself, getting me to think about who I am and what I want to be.

Then, some days, she will not show up at all.

That is why I bitch about games sometimes. Not because I only see the negatives, but because the positives I have seen make the negatives frustrate me. Because when promises are made and broken, it makes me sad that I won't get to see what could have been.
>>
>>333173892
I like games, I don't like shit games.
>>
File: Capture.png (1 MB, 1142x567) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 MB, 1142x567
>>333173892

Why people hate video games is a more interesting subject.

Normies; People that into vidya have something they're actually passionate about that. Normies typically don't have hobbies they actually enjoy other than watching TV.

They play shit like golf or some other trash level sport because that's what normies do. They have no real passion for it the way the professionals would or even the amateur players would. They're weekend warrior shills who do it for the wew lad factor.

Same with people who travel everywhere, or who's entire lives revolve around work in a job for a redundant company that contributes nothing new to the world.

For the previous generation, typically when they were young they just explored the world because pre-internet there was nothing else to do besides that and read books. If you read books you were basically a nerd.

They see people playing video games to any amount and they'll usually come up with reason of "it's just a waste of time". Except the problem is we live in a world where everyone has wasted their time if you follow that logic.

The generation before us is nigh on completely irrelevant beyond kickstarting the technology we have now and the people who did that were the nerds they rejected for reading nothing but books and tinkering with electronics/machinery.

It'll be the same with our generation, there'll be a large amount of people who simply will feel their lives are redundant because they never invested in anything other than themselves and how great they are.

Once their shitty spoilt kids get to around 25 or so they'll begin to realize their lives simply didn't matter at all, because they put themselves at the center of everything.

This is partly why women end up so fucking unhappy all the time, they never feel like they're worth anything beyond being t&a... because they're usually not.

The computer and vidya culture has greatly improved everyone's lives, and at least you were part of that to some degree.
>>
>>333179153

/cont.

It was so fucking successful that the normies had to steal it for themselves and make technology/electronics/games a mainstream thing.

The entire feminist movement is a giant whinge at the fact that girls never got to be in our club, so now they're starting their own one, which is another thing entirely, but that's largely what it is a response to.

So in summary that's why people hate gaming/computing/technology and also at the same time have tried to integrate it into the mainstream.

They weren't part of something that genuinely made the world a much better fucking place, made everyone's lives easier, and pushed the human race forward as a whole.

Ironically they scorned it, and still do. Mostly because they're self-centered idiots.
>>
we dont
just most ones after 2007
we also usually like steamcore stuff like risk of rain or cities skylines or some shit idk
>>
Agree with them.
>>
Video games are for faggots. Grow the fuck up, losers.
>>
>>333173892
I don't hate video games

I hate this place

I wish I could leave.
>>
>>333181092
>>
>>333181092
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.