[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck does /v/ care about reviews? Remember when IGN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: PUUUURGE.gif (863 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
PUUUURGE.gif
863 KB, 500x281
Why the fuck does /v/ care about reviews?

Remember when IGN was a fucking meme? Now people use scores from their reviews to prove some retared point like 'x is better than y!'

What the fuck, why does /v/ care about reviews written by people who give GOTY nominations/awards to shit like Assassin's Creed rehashes, Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim and Gone Home?

What the fuck.
>>
>>333169772
>Skyrim
>Shit

I detect a fag.
>>
go away gamergate
>>
Because it makes people mad
>>
>>
Because they are brainwashed
>>
>>333169772
it actually dont, its shills who bring up shit like link threads to his clickbaits blogs, or make a shit game relevant, like all those todds threads after fallout, and by shills its not just paid PR, there are people who were trolled to do it for free.
also, this place is worse than europe right now, between raids from other sites to post shit to bait retards and people defending the worst of vidya, you cant talk as a whole anymore. most people left, a few stayed.
>>
>>333170095
OP here.

Skyrim is very enjoyable with a lot of mods but vanilla sucks.

>>333170161
Nah, I'm talking about people who legitimately base their opinions on reviews and use scores as an argument to prove their point

>>333170170
I never understood 8.8 meme, never played Twilight Princess

>>333170430
I'm really fucking sad about the consolewars, the biggest cancer of /v/.

The first two rules of /v/ don't really matter now, mods don't care
>>
kids
kids that can't earn money
>>
File: 1458999348606.jpg (658 KB, 1110x684) Image search: [Google]
1458999348606.jpg
658 KB, 1110x684
>>333169772
/v/ is changing anon, it's all kids nowadays and they failed to learn anything when they came on this board, now they are the majority and /v/ has turned into this cesspool, that and shills. we have nowhere to go anymore
>>
>>333169772
Is it your first time on /v/?

Do you actually think people here give a shit about which game is better or fun? Reviews, sales figures etc. are all a device to shitpost and make people mad. Whether if they are accurate is completely irrelevant.

If you genuinely want to talk about video games make friends and sit and talk with them.

>>333170947
>Nah, I'm talking about people who legitimately base their opinions on reviews and use scores as an argument to prove their point

They do it only because their point makes people mad not because they actually believe what they talk about. A non-shitposter would base their arguments on their own experiences with the game , not a fucking reviewer.
>>
>>333169772
I think it's just fuel for the fire. /v/ is going to shit on any mainstream anything regardless of its reviews.

If a 10/10, it's shit. If it's 9.5/10, it not good enough to be shit. If it's like a 7/10, it's a gem that reviewers clearly missed. That's not all of /v/, but the vocal minority thinks that way.
>>
>>333171695
Back in 2006 after the Final Fantasy XII release some people really liked it and some of them hated it

But no one used dumb arguments about it getting goty awards, people defended it for what it was
>>
>>333172108
Sorry, in 2006 I was actually happy so I wasn't browsing 4 chan.
>>
>>333172690
I've never had any problems in my life and I've been browsing 4chan since early 2006
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.