[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SInce I don't like rpg's, I wanna know. Is everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: autism.jpg (10 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
10 KB, 301x167
SInce I don't like rpg's, I wanna know. Is everyone disappointed in final fantasy 15? Seeing as how it has melee combat like kingdom hearts. (meaning it's no more rog than dark souls)
>>
>>333168702
No... this is the only game ever that has managed to get the whole world hyped.
>>
>>333168702
The rpg element was stripped off from the demo you stupid fuck. Now go shitpost in other FFXV threads instead of making another one.
>>
>>333168702
If you don't like RPGs, why do you care?
>>
>>333168702
Are you implying
>Kingdom Hearts combat is shitty
>ARPG combat means a game isn't an RPG
>Dark Souls isn't an RPG
Guys, the definition of RPG isn't (game I enjoy). You can't just throw it around as an insult to a game because you don't like it. RPG's are strictly defined as turn based overhead strategy games
>>
>>333168702
Since you don't like RPGs, don't post about an upcoming RPG on /v/.
>>
>>333170001
Aren't strictly defined*
>>
>>333168702
No. I'm excited for it. It's gunna be fantastic. Going to pre-order deluxe edition soon.
>>
File: homer.jpg (17 KB, 639x475) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
17 KB, 639x475
>>333168702

With the release of Uncharted 4, FFXV is going to be flat out embarrassed.

I'm doing side-by-side comparisons of vehicle physics and platforming right now (from the recent U4 leak), and I'm getting pissed every second.

Square-Enix doesn't even try to get physics down.
>>
>>333170343
>Yeah because let's compare two games that are nothing alike
>Dude the new Tomb Raider totally embarrassed Animal Crossing
>>
>>333170343
Ok so, one is an adventure/platformer game, and the other is a Jrpg.

Now, do some comparisons of anime hair and magic swords and you'll see that FFXV blows U4 out the water so hard, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>333170538
>>333170575
>comparing similar features in two different games can't be a thing!

Okay.png
>>
>>333170658
Oh no I agree with you. In Street Fighter, you get to hit guys. In Final Fantasy VII, you get to hit guys. Therefore, Final Fantasy VII is a better fighting game than Street Fighter
>Sarcasm in case you were too stupid to notice
>>
>>333170575
>>333170538

I'm not comparing genres, dumb ffxv-kuns

I'm comparing their open-world platforming. One is smooth exploration. The other requires bunny hopping just to climb a mountain.

FFXV car moves like a stiff railcar while the U4 car literally bumps and weaves from the tiniest rock.

As soon as I get back from work, I'm going to make a side-by-side webm. I feel like the world needs to see my pain.
>>
>>333170884
You mean in FFXV, the car that's driving on a flat road rides smoother than the vehicles in Uncharted 4 that ride on all terrain?
And of course it moves like a rail car because that's basically what it is. It's main purpose is basically just a slow, fast travel with dialogue
>>
>>333170884
FFXV car is pretty much on the paved road. U4 car is literally only seen off road in the wilderness of fucking Madagascar.
>>
>>333170884
>final fantasy game
>open world platforming

oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>333170884
You don't seem to understand that the core gameplay of Uncharted is jumping over and climbing up rocks/buildings. Of course it's going to do this better. This is common sense.

FF does teleporting and sword fighting better than Uncharted. It's not a hard concept to understand.

>an offroad vehicle has bouncy suspension offroad while a convertible luxery sports car with huge rims has hard suspension on road

Again, this is common sense if you knew anything about cars.

I'm not fanboying for one or the other. Both look good, but you're comparing one games major asset to another after thought.
>>
>>333170884
But, can it fly
And UC4 doesn't have animated hair. Hahaha proceed to kill myself
>>
>>333170884
So you are so autistic you can't tell the difference between paved road and fucking Madagascar terrain?
>>
>>333170884
Show me teleporting, aerial combat, blocks, parries, magic, giant monsters, summons, abilities, etc in Uncharted oh wait, Uncharted is literally just set piece jungle gym:the game with shitty TPS, not fucking open world JRPG with a shit fucking ton more going on
>>
>>333170884
stop replying to him faggots, it is shitposter-kun
>>
>>333170001
Well yeah, kingdom hearts DID suck. Tap square to attack over and over...
Sorry, maybe it's because I don't have autism, but kh truly did suck.
>>
I fucking wish it was like Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>333171082
>>333171115
>>333171462
Not trying to diss FFXV, but from the trailers (I know that the car is on autodrive) the car move a little bit stiff on the corners. Probably just the camera or the auto-drive. The demo did show that the cars can move quite smoothly on a flat surface. But I'm still curious on how the car will feel like when going through a swerve or corners on the road. I hope it won't be stiff as fuck.
>>
Game looks neat, I could do without the anime and cgi movie before the game even comes out bullshit though.
>>
>>333171648
Jrpg's are nothing more than dress up simulators for autistic neckbeards though f a m. Please don't compare a boring ass game that runs on tracks in 1 direction to uncharted. Thanks.
>>
File: train scene eng.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
train scene eng.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>333170343
Is this some kind of Neogaf meme?
>>
>>333171802
Maybe you're only complaining because you couldn't get halfway through the first game on normal mode. Complaining that a difficult video game sucks because it's combat is stupid is a normal symptom of sucking ass
>>
>>333171971
Except FFXV is an open world Action RPG you fucking moron, Uncharted is linear coridoor with the illusion of freedom because they decided to put in backgrounds this time.
>>
>>333171924
Most of the time we see it, we will probably be too busy listening to dialogue anyways. And I'm sure they already showed it turning. Does anyone have a webm?
>>
KH has better combat than holding in a button.
>>
>>333171971
*Tips fedora*
Ayy
>>
>>333172315
>>333171864
These.. Still hyped but yeah. At least the platinum demo's combat was a major improvement from Duscae
>>
>>333172217
I did base it on the latest trailer. It's a bit choppy. That's why I said it could be the auto-drive trying to match with the curvature/swerve of the road. I did play the demo and the car and truck did move quite smoothly.
>>
>>333168702
> it's no more rog than dark souls
I'm sure this game's more of a RPG than that generic ass creed clone
>>
>>333172608
>>333171802
Samefag. Maybe you'll stop complaining when you get good at video games
>>
>>333168702
Rog?

Why would anyone be disappointed in it if it's comparable to two great games?
>>
>>333172315
Barely
>>
>>333172315
R1, Square, Square, Square, Square, moves around. L1 + shorcut for magic and items (only 4). Scroll menu for bigger magic and item list. QTE. The difference between KH and XV that it’s much faster and feels a lot more responsive since the animation doesn't have a weight to it. While XV is obsessed with intergrating realism that make controls feels heave and not as responsive. I like them both.
>>
File: 1212313.jpg (28 KB, 741x163) Image search: [Google]
1212313.jpg
28 KB, 741x163
>>333172709
Literally what? Are you supposed to be defending Dark Souls or Kingdom Hearts?
Either way I never played a Kingdom Hearts game but if you're defending a Souls game which is a tap x to win shitfest you need to kill yourself.
>>
File: Dano classic.png (244 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Dano classic.png
244 KB, 350x350
>>333173070

>souls game
>tap x to win
>tap the pick up items button to win

classic
>>
>>333172025
Man, not enough games place emphasis on vertical movement. Warping into combat from a skyscraper in the demo feels ridiculously satisfying.
>>
>>333173070
>pick up items to win
Underrated post
>>
>>333173070
>Tap X to win
But anon-kun, X is the interaction button
Xbox X is item use ig
>>
>>333173337
>>333173210
Really? I was late to the joke and came in third place? I fucking hate you guys..
>>
>>333173070
I beat the game just by picking up items too, anon ;^)
>>
>>333171924
Sports cars are meant to be stiff as fuck, anon. You would know that if you had one.
>>
>>333173558
Sorry friend. <3
>>
Ffxv looks pretty fun actually. Like in-between kingdom hearts and cuhrazeey combat which I'm cool with. Loved the combat/stealth in the video showing off the nighttime base raid. Interested to see how the dungeons are put together and how much the open world will have to actually do in it.
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic and will wait for release to shitpost.
>>
>>333173653
>Sports cars are meant to be stiff as fuck
I know, I have driven one in NFS Shift. Sports car are a rarity in the third world country that I live that forces high as fuck import taxes so that national cars (shitty as fuck and overpriced) sells here.
>>
>>333174098
What country are you from, anon?
>>
File: 1395650129933.gif (965 KB, 374x372) Image search: [Google]
1395650129933.gif
965 KB, 374x372
>>333173653
>Sports cars are meant to be stiff as fuck, anon.

They're not stiff at all.

They bob and weave just like any other car, but with tighter suspension.

The car in FFXV is a literal car rail. When the car turns, the back awkwardly auto-corrects. It's in the "Stand by Me" trailer, you gigantic ffxv-kun.
>>
>>333174764
Speaking of Stand By Me, what did you all think of the XV cover? I watched the livestream event and the twitch chat went the fuck off about the song. I fucking loved it Even though Prince Royce did it better
>>
>>333174954
I like it more than the original, oddly enough. I also like that Tabata actually knows the original inspiration for the song (it was inspired by a prayer/spiritual, not just friendship or whatever).
>>
>>333174954
I like it for what it is, but nothing more.
It was a nice touch to the trailer.
Really makes me relate to the guys and their close friends on an adventure.
>>
>>333174226
A shitty SEAsian country. That's all I want to say.
>>333174764
The demo did have a smoother car controls. Like I said >>333172515 it could be the auto-drive feature that they integrate into the car.
>>
>>333173279
Yeah the vertical movement aspect is really cool. I hope there's more platforms in high places to stand on, and more verticality.

It needs to be dmc4 the rpg with vertical gameplay. That would probably be the best thing ever, and the only thing that would warrant more than one playthrough.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.