[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christ I think it finally happened.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: 11165962_1_l.jpg (73 KB, 600x634) Image search: [Google]
11165962_1_l.jpg
73 KB, 600x634
I no longer give a shit about keeping up with gaming news because it's the same reports regurgitated from last week with a new bullet-point.

I don't care about whatever culture war non-issue has seeped into clickbait media this week for the far-left and alt-right to fight like wild dogs over.

I don't care about being a part of gamer culture or know what gamer culture is anymore besides buying consumer hardware/software for money.

I don't care about finding the new hot F2P/MMO to play and I look at founders packages offering in-game trinkets for megabucks and wonder why I was ever that dumb.

Why bother paying for Early Access when I can just buy the game in a year on actual release when it's actually feature-complete and probably on offer?

Why kickstart either, when the good ones are already funded and I'm probably just giving them cash to ship out stretch goal t-shirts, and the rest are out-of-their-depth devs promising the moon to starry-eyed hopefuls?

Why buy games on release at all just to be there first, when in a couple of weeks not only will people know if they've been led on by hype but the game will probably have been patched a couple of times to work right?

Youtube and Twitch are the new places for gaming media and I find them baffling. I just want to know if you think the game is good or watch you play for a few minutes to get a feel for the thing, not like and subscribe to your weird social media cult of personality.

It is time to admit I am finally across that magical demographic line that separates "people advertisers care about" from "people they don't". I am old. Time to die, or make a vaporwave playlist.

Are you old yet /v/?
>>
the appropriate age to grow out of reading games journalism is about 13 years old
>>
>>333164465
Yeah, Anon, I think it's happened to me too.
>>
File: 1459745403096.jpg (17 KB, 351x344) Image search: [Google]
1459745403096.jpg
17 KB, 351x344
dude just get some active hobbies

video games are no-man's land now, all the cool stuff is dead
>>
>>333164465
Congratulations OP, you're a real adult now.
>>
>>333164465
>Youtube and Twitch are the new places for gaming media and I find them baffling

What's so baffling that people would prefer to watch an entertaining (to them) personality discuss or play vidya instead of reading some failed English Literature teacher's wall of text review or copy-pasta'd press releases from devs?
>>
File: cooldude.jpg (24 KB, 87x110) Image search: [Google]
cooldude.jpg
24 KB, 87x110
>Keeping up with gaming news
>Ever
>>
>>333164465
>paying for Early Access
>kickstart
>buy games on release
only retards do these

>finding the new hot F2P/MMO to play
only people with a ton of time do this

>I don't care about whatever culture war
Fucking SJWs ruining gaming, it's like you want the whole hobby to go to shit, stand up and fight for your lolis and panty shots in game fucking pussyfart
>>
>>333164465
>Finally
I think a large percentage of people who use /v/ fell into that category ages back. The kind of 'news' that regularly gets replies here is releases of games that people didn't expect or have been waiting for for a long time, or reactionary bullshit like developers/writers doing something stupid again.

Personally, I haven't bought a game on release for a VERY long time. I only find the media useful for hearing about potential problems with new games (i.e. the glitches/bad writing people run into within hours of buying a game).
>>
>>333164821
>stand up and fight for your lolis and panty shots

This is why no one takes you neckbeards seriously
>>
This is really the best way to deal with most media. Comics, Games, Movies. Wait a year and it will be cheaper and better than when it first came out.
>>
>>333164821

>stand up and fight for your lolis and panty shots in game

Why don't you? Become a big web personality and risk being labeled a disgusting child molester for even thinking of defending this.
>>
>>333164654
wow you are such an m-rated person, I tip my fedora for you. I would rather call it jaded and bitter myself. Nothing wrong with being smart about how you spend your money and time but acting like some sort of enlightened being over using fucking common sense is just laughable.
>>
>>333164465
What does this have to do with video games?
>>
>>333164660
Anyone you'd recommend purely if I want to find out about a game (features, first impressions, etc) rather than just watch other people play? I tried dipping in and out of a few but a lot of them are "here i and my buddies am playing minecraft". No judgement, I just like playing them myself rather than watching other people.
>>
File: 1431797047956.jpg (113 KB, 947x700) Image search: [Google]
1431797047956.jpg
113 KB, 947x700
>>333165202
watch gameplay and form your own opinion
>>
>>333165036
It has everything to do with video games you retard
>>
>>333165359
No, this your personal blog.
>>
>>333165202
you might as well try to explain why rioting is a bad idea to a nigger. those underage faggots don't even like games, they just need something to do so they watch lets play cancer. Just forget about them and move on, they will never realize that they are wasting their time harder than even we do. It is like trying to explain why vidya is bad and meanwhile you watch tv all day long, everyone is wasting their time but at least you do not kill your braincells with vidya, you do it with lets play cancer, leave them be stupid I say its just fucking memelords with severe retardation anyways.
>>
>>333165202
>"here i and my buddies am playing minecraft"
...then watch the gamplay for a game you want?
>>
>>333164465
There should be a tired 'gamer' general on /v/. I too suffer from this apathy.
>>
>>333165532
>I want to play a game but I am curious if I am wasting my money.
>hey why don't you watch people play the game and spout memes every 2 seconds while the camera focuses on them and you cannot even hear or see the game most of the time
Not everyone is made out of free time you underage faggot. Back in the day gametrailers or similiar shit existed and did their job just fine.
>>
>>333164465
I think a lot of us are in this hell, those who actually love games but are being worn down by the culture surrounding them

I recommend wikipedia's upcoming games list, it's just beautiful plain text even if it's wrong and misses a lot of releases
>>
>>333165020
>common sense
>using the fedora meme
>thinking anything you say matters
When you're using a meme friend it's for comedic purposes, when you are trying to get your point across to someone or give advice you're supposed to speak like a normal human being. Everything you said had no impact because of this so in the future don't try mock someone who is apparently "enlightened" over using common sense when you have such a hard time using yours to create a cognant sentence.
>>
I agree with everything you say OP. I only play SoulsBorne games now because I know they're gonna be half decent and I don't have to waste my time navigating a minefield of MRA, SocJus, or whatever new movement has appeared thinking videogames are the most important development in human history.
>>
>>333165657
Search for reviews, genius. People know that reviews are wanted, so avoid the 'Let's Play' ones and look for ones that aren't done by attention whores.
For God's sake, why am I telling someone how to search for youtube videos of games. Fuck off and find out how to think for yourself.
>>
File: Genshiken Models.png (379 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Genshiken Models.png
379 KB, 720x480
>>333164465

If this were a checklist I'd probably hit most of the marks. I actually cringe when I think about the fact that I once expressed opinions about Gamergate.

Gaming is one of several hobbies and I don't care much for currently releasing or upcoming games. The newest game I'm playing right now is The Witcher 3. I have some hope for Ace Combat 7. I don't care about Dark Souls 3 because I want From Soft to take another crack at the Armored Core Franchise.

Not caring about all this new shit saves me time and money that can be put towards other things, like anime, reading, or modelling. I think the fun is in not obsessing too much about any one thing.
>>
>>333165749
>you have to talk this way or else
who died and made you king of how to communicate on fucking 4chan kiddo? It is almost as if any non autistic human doesn't give a shit what kind of slang one uses. Go back to plebbit where you can enjoy your steamlined, sanctioned serious discussions in a formal tone you huge faggot.
>>
>>333165925
No thanks.
>>
>>333165895
That is exactly what I am doing, why are you preaching to the choir? What does this have to do with the fact that we were talking about lets plays being shit and now you completly backpedal and switch the topic? Da fuck are you on about nigger? Ive been reading reviews and watching videos back in the early 90s when most of /v/ wasn't even born yet and I did just fine. Then devs stopped making demos and many review sites that were legit went bankrupt so now I just pirate instead of reading shill reviews, big fucking deal. Still doesn't take away from the fact that this was not even related to the original topic at all.
>>
>>333165990
Then stop being a little bitch and take your autism meds. Thank you.
>>
>>333164465
Greetings, brother. Welcome to the ride.
>>
>>333166160
I don't have autism but if you feel the need to reply to a simply answer like "No thanks" while being a edgy little shit about it then the one here who needs to take their meds is you bucko.
>>
>>333165903
You are acting as if GG was a long time ago. Do you cringe at what you did like 3 months ago or so?
>>
File: 1393917802056.jpg (135 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1393917802056.jpg
135 KB, 500x625
I'm 30 and I figured all this shit out when i was like 20
>>
>>333164465
Now you know how I felt 5 months ago.

I just stopped giving a shit and waiting for games to come out . sold my ps4, said I'll get whatever when I buy the slim, and meanwhile I'll focus my attention on other things like anime, school, reading and fitness. Time goes by faster when you do so much
>>
I mean, i can understand to a good extent what OP is feeling atm, but most of my personal feelings are frustration at the lack of integrity that many developers and publishers have, which probably began with the immaturity of the majority of consumers in the gaming industry.
>>
>>333166330
>taking meds
>for not being a little bitch
>bucko
I think facebook might be right up your alley, champ. Again stop being a little bitch, if you want to hear a structured lecture about vidya go to GDC, you can learn about why cis males are the devil while you are there. ;) Also who the fuck would reply seriously about not having autism? That is a clear sign for having autism, kek.
>>
Who gives a fuck about youuuuu
this isn't a bloooog
>>
I personally may have grown out of vidya, but I have recently gotten into Magic cards heavily. Magic is a pretty cool hobby, it involves leaving your house, talking to people, and playing games in-person.
>>
>>333166535
I didn't even mention the word little bitch but you talk about it alot so i'm guessing you have some insecurities if you can't help change tab or move to another thread, I know you're baiting to but I'm an entertainer so I don't want to burst your little bubble of satisfaction regardless of what you call me, I also never said anything about a structured lecture about "vidya", also the thing about autism seems to also be your favourite buzzword, hopefully one day you can grow up and live a better life than baiting people on the internet with no gain and only loses for you realistically.
>>
>>333166394

I know it wasn't and I imagine I haven't changed all that much since then. And I wasn't exactly the most vocal person when it was happening.

The Law and Order: Special Victims Unit episode was the icing on the cake for me and I couldn't really take it seriously after that. Hence why I wonder why I cared.
>>
>>333166828
I wish I could do that but I'm androgynous as fuck and last D&D I went to some fat greasy neckbread joked about how I don't wear a dress and blew me kisses alot, Very weird .
>>
>>333167240

Careful, he might be in this thread.
>>
>>333166828
I think it's because I have a Magic background that I pity you. As long as you have fun, though, that is all that matters.
>>
>>333167025
Holy shit you are indeed autistic. If you look back two posts you will realize why little bitch was mentioned...or you know if you use common fucking sense. Why am I arguing with a downie though? If you cannot follow a simple argument you might want to take another look at your priorities.
>>
>>333167348
Kek I hope not
>>
>>333164465
tl;dr
Nice blogpost
>>
>>333167040
So what did you do?
>>
>>333167436

If it wasn't a sweaty, creepy neckbeard, would you have felt differently about it?
>>
>>333167554

Made mostly sarcastic comments about it on Facebook.
>>
>>333167558
Maybe, never done anything of that sort.
>>
>>333167425
>Why am I arguing with a downie though?
Well it seems you attract downies apparently so that isn't gonna do you any good
>If you look back two posts you will realize why little bitch was mentioned
It was mentioned because you wanted to say it for literally no reason other than try to inflict some impact on me over the internet on a video games board on 4chan. Even typing that previous sentence made me laugh. I seriously hope you don't act like this in real life. Who am I kidding, you don't speak to many people anyway from your tone, i'd say you're far better at driving them away. Keep going though I could have another laugh.
>>
>>333167813
I have 400 friends on memebook and about 120 in rl, keep projecting m8. After looking back two posts you finally figured out what I meant, congrats. So I guess you are only stupid not completly retarded. I just wish you were more entertaining to me. It seems kinda one-sided so far, do you also laugh in rl every time that you fail to follow a regular convo? Not sure where the funny part is here, is it you laughing at your own stupidity or over being BTFO?
>>
>>333168154
>talks shit and tells me to go to facebook
>apparently has 400 friends on facebook
Lying on the internet won't boost your self esteem no matter how many time you do it or how many variation of it you do, the hypocrisy is pretty funny though so either way I got my other laugh, thanks. It's kinda sad to that you have to keep an appearance on 4chan, an anonymous image board site by saying you have X many people on this and Y many people know me. If that's the case and I certainly hope it isn't for your sake you saying such a thing just shows you're insecure about it when you have to come up with a ridiculous number to prove yourself.
>>
>>333168154
Correction you have all acquaintances who wouldn't give a shit if you were in a car crash, if you're lucky you have one real friend who looks out for you otherwise you are fucked.
>>
>>333168840
Yeah, no stop projecting. Two of them offered me a job, two asked me to visit them at their home and a few are actually good friends who I meet from time to time. Not everyone is an anti-social faggot like you.

>>333168672
Ok newfag, you seem to be unable to tell the difference between having an fb account which is absolutely essential for networking and being a memespouter and facebookfrogger who wants to have ebin serious discussions on how autistic he is on 4chan. Learn the difference and take your masters thesis elsewhere, nobody gives a shit about yyour blog. Even 65+ year old people have an fb account by now, the differnce is they know how to act like a social human being unlike you and know the difference between rl and the internet as well.
>>
>>333169135
>Not everyone is an anti-social faggot like you
Out of everyone in this thread you're the only one speaking like an outcast
>gives a shit about yyour blog
It's not my blog, it's yours. If you failed to keep up with the convo as you previously stated then you should go and take your meds for your alzheimers, you're the one spouting about your facebook profile, how many friends you have on it and how many irl friends you apparently have. I didn't spout a single thing about my life friend it was all you.
>Even 65+ year old people have an fb account by now
Well when you're in a home away from your family and they have no ways to reach you besides phone or the internet I'd say learning how to work and having a facebook profile is essential. The same could be said for those with disabilities and problems that keep them away from their family. You're digging your own grave here chap and frankly it's getting abit embarrassing to watch you do it.
>Yeah, no stop projecting. Two of them offered me a job, two asked me to visit them at their home and a few are actually good friends who I meet from time to time
Then why do you have the 400+ "friends anon?
If only about 4+ are actual friends if you disregard the two who offered you a job because that's debatable.

You're the gift that just keeps on giving anon.
>>
>>333169983
holy shit why don't you write 20 pages while you are at it. Tl;dr
go find some friends, I don't get paid to read your inane shit.
>>
>>333170323
>words hurt my brain
>I don't want to read
Well at least that settles you're autistic who is insecure about being comfortable with himself and have around 4+ real friends on facebook while the rest are apparently to keep your self esteem from shattering like glass who tends to be a edgy little memer to appear tougher than you actually are but in reality a stone thrown at you would make you crumble. Consider it a free psych analysis of your little blog and one more thing
>go find some friends
I don't boast who many friends I have but you should really take your own advice lad.
>>
>>333170793
>Not wanting to read 20 pages of liquified shit about literally nothing means you are stupid
>retarded wannabe brain analysis by a literal autist
wew lad, good job. If you excuse me I have vidya to play now. Feel free to be creepy on public transport now and annoy people there, this is getting really boring.
>>
>>333171183
>20 pages
>it's a fucking paragraph
Holy shit lad thanks for the clarification, go play your video games like a good little boy now. Holy fuck I gave you to much credit before.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.