[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe you faggots tricked me into buying this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
I can't believe you faggots tricked me into buying this shit

I expected a great action RPG, what I got was:
>Grind, grind grind
>Same, boring environments for 95% of the game
>Bumfuck awful writing
>Repetition, repetition, repetition

Admittedly the combat system is great, but apart from bosses you fight the same, generic mobs 9000 times, every fight just turns into "spam Helm Splitter to win"

Honestly this game is a 5/10 AT BEST
Just another generic grindan adventure, nothing special about it

You have to be a neckbeard NEET to like this stuff
>>
THEY'RE
>>
>>333152842
MASTERWORKS
>>
>>333152904
ALL OF THEM
>>
>>333152904
ALL
>>
I didn't like it much either OP, made for a big shock when I realised it wasn't just overhyped but kind of shitty in its own right.
It gets treated like a masterpiece for some insane reason.
>>
>>333153050
YOU
>>
WOLVES
>>
>>333153119
CUNT
>>
I thought the combat fucking sucked without a lock on system.
>>
File: 1435430607461.gif (606 KB, 512x390) Image search: [Google]
1435430607461.gif
606 KB, 512x390
So Dragons Dogma thread?
POST FAVORITE CLASS AND CHARACTERS
>>
>>333152757
The only thing I actually dislike in this game.
>>
AUGHT
>>
was more fun to use 2handers than dark souls
>>
File: 2016-02-12_00008.jpg (497 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-12_00008.jpg
497 KB, 1680x1050
>>333153181
Yellows
Any of them.
>>
>>333152757
>Admittedly the combat system is great
This is all it takes for many. You can't deny that if they were allowed to have a sequel and improved those gripes you have, you'd love it to pieces and it may become goty of the year that all the normies are talking about.
>>
File: 2016-02-01_00007.jpg (299 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-01_00007.jpg
299 KB, 1680x1050
Eliminators are fun.
>>
>>333152757
>Grind, grind grind
I can understand the rest of your points, but I never had to grind in the game until I hit up the third stratum of BBI, the rest of the game is rather easy and requires no grinding whatsoever, you just have to rotate vocations a bit to avoid getting stuck in certain fights
>>
>>333153990
>tfw assassin
>>
>>333154095
Your fault for not going in BBI as a Magick Archer
>>
>>333152757
>grind
What the fuck?
Here's your (You)
>>
File: 2016-02-03_00006.jpg (199 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-03_00006.jpg
199 KB, 1680x1050
>>333154240
Oneshotting everything isn't fun though.
>>
>>333154095
i oneshot them with gicel
>>
File: 1459249019973.jpg (1 MB, 848x3929) Image search: [Google]
1459249019973.jpg
1 MB, 848x3929
>yfw you get Fournival as beloved
>>
>>333154335
At lower levels you can't one shot shit, you just dodge everything and shoot ricochet hunters/sixfold bolts until either you or the rest of the things in the room are dead
>>
File: 2016-02-12_00004.jpg (127 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-12_00004.jpg
127 KB, 1680x1050
>>333154446
I was lvl 200 when I first tried out Magick Archer, and despite having leveled only red and yellow until then I was still killing everything with 1-2 Ninefolds or Ricochets. I had the best equipment though.
The skills are fun, but it gets boring rather quickly.
>>
I just got this game a few days ago and I didn't think to much of it before I bought it but when I became a magic archer the whole game changed for me and I love it.
>>
>>333154619
At level 200 you oneshot almost everything with any class tho
>>
>>333152757
you got to be a complete retard to take any advice from this worthless board

>weeb trash can't go no wrong
>anything else below 90 on metacritic is absolute trash
>>
Poor man's Dark Souls
>>
There are a couple neat ideas here and there but overall it's just very mediocre.
There are several games that have done what's actually good in DD but better.
>>
>>333154384
Getting fournival as your beloved is ideal because he has an infinite stock of periapts. You won't have to chase him around gran soren and wait for him to appear since he will always be in your house.
>>
>>333154141
>rotate vocations
>not just rotating pawns
>>
>>333156960
99% of pawns suck mad dick and have retarded inclinations, relying on them to do anything significant is hazardous
>>
>>333152757

I've bought the game last week when it was on sale no steam and I haven't regretted it.

>Grind, grind grind

I played it on hard mode, so far I haven't had to grind at all, I get so much XP and money killing the regular mob that I never have to actually grind anything.

If you mean killing the same regular mobs over and over again as you make your way to the quest objectives then yeah it can get a bit repetitive but I still manage to have some fun. I like it when it gets dark and you only get hints of the enemies, torches in the distance. The lighting engine is quite good, it can make the game look pretty nice at times.

>Same, boring environments for 95% of the game

Yeah it's a bit disappointing, I hoped that we'd get some snow going north, maybe some more tropical settings going south. Makes the world seem very coherent though, almost lifelike. My main complaint is that it's a bit too dull and washed out, it could have used a little more colour I think.

>Bumfuck awful writing

Yeah, that's one of the weakest points of the game for sure. I haven't finished the game yet but the worst part so far is the "romance" with the duke's wife. It comes out of nowhere, makes no sense whatsoever. The wife seems like a 'tard, makes no sense that the protagonist would seriously think of romancing her 5 minutes after meeting her. Then you get caught in her bedroom and the duke sends you to be tortured and imprisoned. You escape and basically everything continues like normal. It's so bad.

Well, it's only repetitive if you let it be, you can change skills and vocation easily, you can hire different pawns to change your strategy. I'm usually very grinding-averse but I haven't been too bothered so far. I'm glad that I could enable hard mode for my first playthrough though, it's already starting to feel a bit too easy.
>>
File: Had to edit out some LITERALLYs.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Had to edit out some LITERALLYs.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1080
The game felt very half-baked to me. I was genuinely shocked when I realized that the map you start out on is pretty much all you'll get to see in the game. I was expecting to transition to new areas at some point, but nope, thats it. Probably one of the most boring maps I have ever seen.
Same with the story. A bunch of nothing happens and suddenly you're already planning the great assault on Grigori. Granted that part was cool as fuck but it totally came out of nowhere the second I though "Oh NOW the story is going somewhere."
The part afterwards felt even more incomplete, like they had a great idea they wanted to cram in during the last month of development. Making the epilogue a grind is pretty idiotic.

Gameplay is really cool but there is only so many times I can enjoy the same moveset against the same set of enemies again and again.

The game would have been more fun if traveling wasn't so tedious. The map was just too empty and boring for that but it devoured many hours. I know limitless quicktravel ruins immersion but in this case I wouldn't have cared. Waystones are only half of the solution, there aren't enough of them to fix the problem.

Game is worth playing but it has too much fluff for its own good. Would have profited from better pacing and less empty spaces.
>>
>>333157757

I enjoyed stumbling upon an ambush while traveling around the map. Suddenly you have orcs and cyclops coming for you, or a griffin popping from nowhere. Sure it could have used more enemy variety (and more random enemy placement instead of having the same thing at the same place all the time).

That being said I didn't feel like traveling was such a chore, just be clever about where you put your portcrystals and you can cut your travels massively. I don't understand why they didn't put more preset portcrystal thingies though.
>>
>>333156860
The thing that DD does is put multiple ideas from different games together. I think it's a bit pointless to say that Monster hunting does large bosses better or dark souls does dungeon crawling better when what DD is trying to do bring in a lot of different gameplay elements together in a way that works.
>>
>>333152757
If you are too fucking stupid to never notice this place is a fucking catalog of shills eating their own crap you deserve being fucked in the ass over and over.
>>
>>333153108
CANT
>>
>>333152757
It's not too late anon. Trade it in and preorder DS3
>>
File: where.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
where.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>333152757

>You have to be a neckbeard NEET to like this stuff
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.