[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Endless Space 2 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
>See Endless Space 2 is in the works
>On the website they have some information on some of the factions
>8 Playable Factions

God, I really want to like Amplitude studies but they keep doing this shit. Even Endless Space 1 had a bare minimum of factions, Endless Legend has a really barebones and weak selection with 8, and now Endless Space 2 is going to have the same amount.

Worst of all; they'd better not have 2-4 human factions AGAIN when there is so much space for much, MUCH more interesting and fun alien factions.

Anyway, Endless Space 2 thread. Whose hype regardless?
>>
endless legend is the shittiest strategy game I've ever played.

feel so cucked that I bought it
>>
>>333144001

I don't think its that bad, I just dislike the lack of both playable factions and secondly the lack of faction-specific units (meaning you have an over-reliance on minor factions/integrated other races).

Why do you think it was that bad?
>>
>>333144127
combat and UI were shit

plot was pretentious

dlc
>>
>>333144174
>combat and UI were shit

I don't see how the UI was bad, but the combat wasn't great. That's why I just used auto-resolve for most encounters. I do like Endless Space much more then Endless Legend.

>plot was pretentious
How was the plot 'pretentious'? The game is a 4x game, there is essentially no plot. Nothing about the 'plot' is fucking pretentious.

>dlc
It's the world we live in today. Not going to defend it either way.
>>
>>333144127
I don't mind the lack of factions, since the ones that are playable play so differently from each other that it doesn't feel like you're just swapping out a few things between factions. Compared to Civ 5 where there are a ton of civs but they're still pretty similar to each other, Endless Legend's way is a nice alternative.
>>
Wanna play some Endless Legend or Endless Space?
>>
>>333143920
i thought the endless legend faction selection was great
eight factions but each faction was so different you had to try each one out
>>
>>333144390

they called the currency dust instead of just gold. that and the ayylmao alium trash.

pretentious.
>>
>>333143920
Endless Space changed a lot since my first game. I'm glad they made it so you can't just wreck any faction by spamming missiles on your ships loke a retard.
I have to admit I have no idea of how bopber and fighters work though.

I'm fucking pumped for ES2. I loved 1, this game is so enjoyable. I honestly felt like I was high when playing my girst games; the adaptive music is fucking enchanting on top of being good, and the game itself radiated a very chill atmosphere.

I really hope they'll nail ES2 too, especially the music.
>>
File: 1439173626214.jpg (149 KB, 1216x810) Image search: [Google]
1439173626214.jpg
149 KB, 1216x810
OK NIGGERS

ANYONE UP FOR SOME ENDLESS SPACE OR ENDLESS LEGEND MULTIPLAYER?

FUCK YES CRUISE CONTROL
>>
>>333144648
> Gold
It's never been gold.
They can create massive ammounts of gold in the future, so it would end up being worthless.
Dust is something they can only collect or extract, giving it an actual value. It's way less retarded to use a currency that is actually justified in the lore than going with something generic like "Energy" or "Funds"
>>
>>333144648
The dust thing is essential to the entire lore they've got going on between the Endless games. It wouldn't make sense if it was called gold, because it's not just currency.
>>
>>333143920
Cautious hype because they haven't (majorly) disappointed me so far.

>>333144495
>eight factions but each faction was so different you had to try each one out
Two factions were literally the same except for a re-skin.

Disappointingly the last faction that was added in Shadows dlc was SURPRISE! more humans but with no research, instead buying off tech with dust or stealing them from other factions.

Contrary to shitposter in the thread I'd say that Endless games have quite an ergonomic and eye-pleasing UI that strongly separates them from other 4X's.
>>
>>333143920
I hope the combat isnt rock paper scissors again
>>
>>333145145
That's eight in the base game without Mezari, who you only get if you have Dungeon's special edition. My only problem with the Forgotten is that when your shit's getting sabotaged by the AI you know exactly which faction is doing it.
>>
>>333144648
>they called the currency dust instead of just gold.

You're an imbecile.

>>333144495
>>333145145

Listen, just because the 8 factions are really different doesn't necessarily mean that makes up for the low number.

If you play games with the computer and just selected 'random factions' you'll get duplicates all the time, plus it really limits your abilites to create or modify your own faction. More then anything, especially when it comes to a space 4x game, I want to see cool aliens. But Endless space is kind of disappointing in that regard. A full half of the factions are humans, if you count Horatio clones, and there are 3 mechanical races, leaving just the weird amobeas, bird people, sophons, cravers and harmony crystal guys. It's very disappointing in general, but I have a heavy heart because I'm sure they are not going to change their faction list and they are probably just going to be the same old factions from Endless Space 1 touched up. Pretty disappointing.
>>
>>333145447
Forgot that it came with the extras. Some factions are indeed distinct enough.

>My only problem with the Forgotten is that when your shit's getting sabotaged by the AI you know exactly which faction is doing it.
This reminds me of another gripe. Endless games have the shittiest AI I've played against in 4X games. Going multiplayer is mandatory if you want to enjoy them after learning the ropes, which is obviously not for everybody.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.