[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: bloodborne-10.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-10.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
I'm playing this for the first time and I've never played a Souls game either.

I'm actually enjoying it, it's not really frustrating when I die at all.

I'm in the Cathedral Ward though and I'm not sure where to go. Should I go down to Old Yharnam first or beat the boss here? I found an obvious boss door at the top of a bunch of stairs, but also went all the way down to the old town and got shot at by some guy on a tower. Also there's this person with an electro mace to the right of the boss door that killed me is this one of those things where I should leave them alone?

Oh, and is there any way to convince those people in the alleyway to go to the chapel or are they all just going to ignore me? I got the old woman to go there. There's a door to the right of the lamp there that's closed so I'm guessing I need someone to open it.

Bloodborne thread I guess.
>>
>>321809589
Go to old yharnam first, before you do anything

Did you kill amelia?

What's your build so far? What weapon?
>>
File: bbhat.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bbhat.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
>>321809767
>Did you kill amelia?

I'm guessing that's the person behind the door at the top of the stairs in the Ward? Nope, haven't opened the door yet.

I have a saw spear +2, kirkhammer +2, and a repeater handgun and a torch. I have a couple of other weapons but I generally just use these. I think the armor set is the one you can find near the chapel with the top hat but I also picked up some church robes. For levelling I've been picking vitality, strength, endurance and skill in a cycle.
>>
>>321810191
whats your psn? We can COOP
>>
>>321811328

Can't, I don't have Plus so no multiplayer.
>>
File: 1450636218625.png (197 KB, 495x4035) Image search: [Google]
1450636218625.png
197 KB, 495x4035
>>321809589

>Where should I go

You need to beat the boss in the cathedral to proceed with the story, but I would recommend beating the boss in Old Yharnam first.

>Obvious boss door at the top

Yup, that's the story boss. After you beat the Old Yharnam boss and the story boss, go back down the stairs and go to the left (facing the cathedral) to get to another side area. Don't bother with the electro-mace hunter yet. If you want to proceed with the story after the story boss, you go back to that church that leads to Old Yharnam and go around the side of it, till you get to the door that asks for the password. That's the next main area of the game

>Convince those people in the alleyway to go to the chapel

You can convince them after you beat the cathedral boss IIRC. You most certainly can convince one of them to join you, I just can't remember when. Just keep checking after you beat bosses. One of them is pretty important for story reasons.

Have fun OP.
>>
>>321811695

Okay, so Old Yharnam first?

How do I avoid the machinegun guy while fighting those weird hunters at the same time, is there a trick?
>>
>>321812596
>is there a trick?
Running is effective
>>
File: 1450637163937.png (3 MB, 1329x5209) Image search: [Google]
1450637163937.png
3 MB, 1329x5209
>>321812596
Just take your time, try to find cover and stay in the buildings. Run whenever you need to move to a new spot.

I almost recommend not fighting him when you get the chance, because he's stupid fucking hard to kill and he's not the boss of the area. But it's still a cool fight so do what you want.

Good luck.
>>
>>321813135

Oh so he's optional? That sounds good.
>>
File: 565478877.png (139 KB, 377x689) Image search: [Google]
565478877.png
139 KB, 377x689
>>321809589
Get the whore to go to the chapel, also return to the clinic to talk with this pic related cutie at the door.
>>
>>321813302
Yeah, the entire area is technically optional. But I would recommend killing him for his badge. You get a VERY cool weapon for it.

You get the stake driver he uses

Also pick up the DLC if you haven't OP. It's fucking stellar (although you can't do it just yet).
>>
>>321813626

I got it with the game, I got the Game of the Year edition for Christmas.

Not sure when I'm supposed to activate it though.
>>
File: same_VA.jpg (177 KB, 636x850) Image search: [Google]
same_VA.jpg
177 KB, 636x850
Buy blood vials now they are cheap so, when you get stuck on a boss, you wont need to farm.
>>
File: 1430297195964.jpg (87 KB, 362x408) Image search: [Google]
1430297195964.jpg
87 KB, 362x408
Get out of here before you spoil yourself more. And dont waste your time with the hammer.
>>
http://youtu.be/xM7Lei3MkJc
>>
>>321813770
You can start it after beating the Cathedral boss, but I would recommend waiting until you get about half way through the game, which is around the fight with Rom.

You can start it by, after beating the Cathedral boss, go back to the Hunter's Dream, and on the steps there will be an item that you can pick up. After you pick it up, go back to Oedon Chapel, outside of the door on the left, there's a corpse you can inspect to get picked up by some swirling vortex (you may have been picked up by it before).

Get grabbed by that after you have the item to start the DLC.

Have fun, don't forget to get hyped after "You were at my side, all along".
>>
>>321809589
Grind like those stereotypical Japanese games
>>
>>321814174

What's wrong with the hammer?

>>321814440

Oh I was wondering what was up with that swirly thing that scared the fuck out of me.
>>
>>321815073
>swirly thing that scared the fuck out of me

All I'm going to say is "lol". Have fun OP.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.