[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like GTA V so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13
File: GTAV.jpg (96 KB, 1243x466) Image search: [Google]
GTAV.jpg
96 KB, 1243x466
Why do people like GTA V so much?
>>
I don't. most disappointing gta imo.
>>
>>333141530
Your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>333141530
The question was: "Why do people like GTA V."

Not: "Give me some retard's opinion on GTA V."
>>
>>333141464
It was a great game with an extremely detailed environment. One of the few open world games that you can just have fun in without doing missions. The only problem with it was the first week of multiplayer, now most of the problems have been fixed. It was a quality game IMO
>>
It's fun in ways you create yourself.
>>
>>333141618
>>333141636
not an argument
>>
random violence man is "bitingly funny" now?
>>
>>333141530
thread should of have ended here
>>
It's a great game with endless replay values, a game where you can have as much fun driving around and exploring the countryside as doing the myriad of varied story missions.
>>
>>333141464
it balanced gameplay versus story pretty well

better than 99% game devs can mange to do since all of them suck at creative ideas when it comes to putting them down on paper through prose or images
>>
It's just all around well made.
Everything about it nice and enjoyable despite not being revolutionary.
>>
>>333141698
Stefan pls
>>
>>333141464
the bullet points are right there

the characters and action moments were awesome. The open world was well done.

but Travis makes me cringe. Offensive to white people too
>>
>>333141830
NOT
>>
Because it was very fun and well put together.
>>
>>333141848
Off to tumblr
>>
>>333141848

you can't be racist against white people

it was problematic in a lot of ways, but not anything having to do with white people
>>
>>333141464
for me it all boiled down to Los santos. I loved Los Santos so much, it still feels huge after having explored it, it is pretty, and has it all (city, suburbs, industry, wildernessy parts, mountains, forests, deserts, lakes, oceans). GTA IV was probably a more solid game but I hated liberty city. it felt boring and very similar all around.
>>
>>333141848
i just can't tell anymore
>>
>>333141530
I agree.
While very disappointing in characters, activities and world/ped constancy it was fun nonetheless.
>>
File: dgcs.png (168 KB, 407x379) Image search: [Google]
dgcs.png
168 KB, 407x379
>yfw gta5 will never receive a SP DLC
>yfw gta6 will be online only
>>
>>333142112
>world/ped constancy
lmao what the fuck does that stupid bullshit even mean?
>>
File: Crappie Nibbles Jar.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Crappie Nibbles Jar.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>333141848
>>333142010
>Offensive to white people too
>you can't be racist against white people
>problematic
>>
>>333142156

it means you can't go around a corner and come back without reality fucking rewriting itself.

are you stupid?
>>
File: 1336533158711.png (9 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
1336533158711.png
9 KB, 405x344
>>333142123
>yfw the loading screens will be even longer
>>
>>333141464
Lamar should have replaced either Trevor or Franklin.
Preferably Trevor.
>>
>>333142229
Oh, nobody's ever said a word about that ever. Sounds like you just made up a fake technical issue. Embarrassing.
>>
>>333142156
*consistency

pls don't kek at my inferior english
First of all the world felt partly like plastic.
Vehicles disappear once you turn your back to them, peds die upon a shot in the foot and call the cops when you stand next to them.
Police AI is a joke. All these things made the world feel ingenue.
>>
It's a really, really boring series.

>What can you do?
You run around and shoot people.
>Then what are the cars for?
To drive around and shoot people.

What's the point in a giant world if there's fuck all to do but kill people? The game has a terrible story too. Nothing on GTA4 or VC.
>>
>>333141464
The increasing number of casual gamers who will buy literally anything if it's advertised enough.
>>
I didn't like it that much, thought it was even more soulless than IV, but it's still a great game and none of it's faults change that.
>>
>>333142445
>Blaming the game for your lack of creativity
>>
>>333142359

nobody's ever said anything about it because the only people that play it are shit eating children who haven't developed object permanence yet.
>>
Same question could be asked about every 10/10 game in recent years
>Why do people like undertale so much
>Why do people like the last of us so much
>Why do people like Mass Effect 2 so much?
>Why do people like Skyrim so much?
>Why do people like Skyward Sword so much?

The answer is that reviewers are casual idiots. And payed review probably help too.
>>
>>333142550
What else can you do? Maybe I've been playing them wrong.
>>
File: 1459387013986.jpg (54 KB, 506x480) Image search: [Google]
1459387013986.jpg
54 KB, 506x480
>>333142492
>>333142589
Mystery solved, faggots.
>>
I don't. There's nothing to in game just the Main Missions.

How am I even meant to get money without doing missions? There's nothing you can gain money just Activities where you spend money.
>>
>>333142492
>>333142589
>pretending to be superior about video games

gta just scratches an itch that is very satisfying to people. Eat shit.
>>
File: Fuck you buddy.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you buddy.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>333141464
It was fun, retard contrarians like you and the rest of /v/ are joyless losers. Fuck off.
>>
>>333142871
Then why is it regarded in a higher regard to the Dynasty Warrior games?
>>
>>333142871

>unironically enjoys casual memefest game
>tells anons to eat shit

make sure you leave some for everyone else, faggot.
>>
>>333141464
Because It was better than gta IV
>>
>>333142945
>GTA V was fun
>cops with perfect aim are fun
>stripped sp features to incentivize online is fun
>getting a wanted level for standing near people is fun
>>
It was pretty. That's it. IV and V were both terrible.
>>
>>333143105
False.
>>
File: 1391905015707.jpg (28 KB, 400x421) Image search: [Google]
1391905015707.jpg
28 KB, 400x421
>>333141464
Mass consumers liked (read: bought) it because it was a prominent big AAA release marketed and hyped up to the nines, and thus the first game they recognized when they went to buy "whatever" for that game thingy box under their TVs.
That's not saying it's a bad, horribly broken game that's impossible to enjoy in any capacity, but it definitely wasn't a perfect score timeless classic that deserves a spot in the vidya hall of fame either.
>>
>>333142010
Consider me triggered good sir
>>
File: Non-Stop Pop.png (18 KB, 360x314) Image search: [Google]
Non-Stop Pop.png
18 KB, 360x314
Don't mind me just posting best song from best station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XurRV_QT6s
>>
>>333141464
People play and like what is mass marketed to them.

It's a shame taht the tech that makes GTA's open world and gameplay possible is wasted on a shitty pretentious gangster story.
>>
>>333142010

>Racist
>white people
>problematic

10/10 troll Quality
>>
>>333141464
Because you can drive cool cars and fly cool planes and shoot stuff with cool guns, and the heists are fun, and the graphics are pretty good, and the map is pretty big, and you can play with your buddies and just blow stuff up or do pvp/pve missions or just screw with other players.

I'm not sure masterpiece is the right word for it. GTA5 is not innovative, creative, or profound, just large in scale and competently executed. It's big, open ended, well polished, and it's fun with friends.

It's not hard to see why it's popular
>>
>>333144116

yeah people are quick to call lolsorandom, but I love how they dealt with his edible complex and bestiality
>>
They took the one mission everyone loved in IV and made an entire game out of it.

Unfortunately, they halfassed that too by only doing a couple of story robberies and you couldn't even do your own robberies despite there being regular small scale banks all around the city.

2/3 of the main characters were boring as fuck and the 3rd is a psychopath that immediately kills off one of the protagonists of IV which leaves a bad taste.

The mission were fun but every one of them felt like it was a michael bay movie.

IV's wanted system worked great and V's was something out of skyrim with superhuman cops.

V just feel like a downgrade from IV in so many regards. It's pretty odd considering they nailed a ton of aspects with IV and improved them with RDR and then dropped the ball with V.
>>
>>333143664
my nigga
>>
>>333143469
>boring as fuck characters
>literally nothing to do in new york
>everything is grey as fuck
>the shooting/melee mechanic
>story is boring as fucking
Im guessing your first GTA was IV if you seriously think its better than V
>>
>>333143664
>cutey sounding dj
>search the voice actress
>hideous eyebrows
well fug
>>
It was my first GTA, and I had fun with it, but I went back and played older games like III, SA, and IV (still need to play Vice City) and I felt all of em were better than V besides arguably III.
>>
>>333141464
because they never played SA and don't know the full potential of a GTA game
>>
File: Cara Delevingne.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2379) Image search: [Google]
Cara Delevingne.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2379
>>333144389

>not wanting to impregnate Cara
>>
>>333141464
Normies will literally eat up any game that's popular. See: Skyrim, Dark Souls, Fallout
GTA V was shit because instead of building it from the ground up for 8th gen they built it for almost decade old hardware, yet everyone and their mother still bought 3 copies
>>
>>333144371
This applies to gta5 a thousand times more than gta 4
>>
>>333144371
Characters are fine, they're just more down to earth and there's plenty of decent characters in Ballad of Gay Tony and the Lost and the Damned, which couldn't really be said about V.
>literally nothing to do in new york
>he didn't go bowling with his cousin
And what is there to do in the overworld in V?

>the shooting/melee mechanic
? The shooting physics are dumbed down in V. Pedestrians go down in shot no matter where, and you can't disarm / wound people anymore. The intricate melee system from IV was reduced to single button punch.

The only thing V has over IV is customization.
>>
>>333142335
>2 out of 3 playable would be niggers
top cuck
>>
File: iSheeple.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
iSheeple.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>333141464
>Why do people like GTA V so much?
>>
>play on 360
>get bored half way through never play again
>get on PC
>play two thirds
>get bored half way through never play again

Why?
>>
>>333142359
>fake technical issue
That is an issue, though. It's when you spot a nice car, kill the driver, then quickly drive around the block to come back to the same place 20 seconds later and the car is gone.
>>
>>333141464
it's a pretty fun RS game. engine runs fine. main story is also decent. add to that the fact that most of the content is in online mode

not as good as RDR but if you make a game with that much production value that good, it deserves a good score. if the game didn't have that much content it wouldn't have deserved a very high rating. 10/10 is obviously a little over the top anyways but it's 8-9/10 material.
>>
Because the singleplayer is really good. Multiplayer sux tho
>>
>>333145413
sp is half of what it could have been due to the focusing of resources on mp

>inb4 some retard denies this reality
>>
File: Gays not welcome.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
Gays not welcome.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>333144389
>Not liking big eyebrows
>>
>>333141464
It was a great game until GTA Online got released.
>>
File: 69007123.jpg (156 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
69007123.jpg
156 KB, 600x500
>>333141464
played a little GTA
played the shit out of GTA II
played most of GTA III
played the shit out of GTA vice city
played through most of GTA san andreas
played GTA IV a couple of days, got bored
tried out saints row III, got tired of it quite fast
have no interest in gta V, might buy it if it is 5 dorra on steam sale some day
>>
>>333141464
V was a lot more entertaining than IV. I respect IV for being a living monument to post-9/11 early 00's but that game doesn't play that well and it makes you feel miserable. V on the other hand puts you in an 80's Michael Mann movie mixed with Breaking Bad and Sopranos. It's post-modern as fuck and it's also fun.
>>
>>333141464
Because most people don't put unreasonably high expectations on every major release in existence like /v/ regulars
>>
>>333141464
When it first came out everyone loved it.
>>
It's okay. Story gets boring quick. Trevor is such a shit character.

>He's supposed to represent the psychotic GTA players who destroy and kill stuff.
>Let's see what wacky stuff has Trevor gotten himself into this time.

Still, have to give it some points because the story finally matches the game world. Non-serious story in a non-serious world.

Online has its charm, but it got lost once people just wanted to level up off of you. Too many custom levels where one player is god. The YouTuber scene with it made things worse, with kids constantly trying to replicate what they saw on some video.

Not to mention the shit business ethics from Rockstar. Not releasing Next-gen version with the old gen. Trying to sell next-gen as a new game. Holding back PC for over a year because of pirates, not because of some "We want to give PC players the best experience" malarkey. All versions were ready since day one. You know it.
>>
>>333141464
Because it's mainstream. Remember back in 2009 when everyone hated GTA IV?
Now everyone claims it's almost the best of the series.

Imo characters don't shine, but they're ok. Story is short but heists are fun.
The map is way more interesting than GTA IV gray-yellow city. This is one of the things that hated about GTA IV, people living in Manhattan might find it appealing, to me it was awfully boring.
Online is a plus, and it can be fun, especially heists with friends or missions.
Car customization can be fun and some of the modifications can actually alter the car performance (like tires or suspension).
Not gonna lie, game is fun and i liked it.
>>
>>333141464
cuz its good u fuking lmao xd
>>
>>333141464
Even though I thought it was going to be shit, after playing it, it's pretty fun. It takes elements from all the GTAs and mixes it into a more arcadey GTA that focuses more on the fun factor than the "drive around here for 10 minutes while I talk to you and maybe we can shoot some people"
Plus it looks good and runs well. And it got rid of a lot of the annoying GTA 4 physics that made the game into a simulator.
>>
File: Grand Theft Auto 3.jpg (112 KB, 392x557) Image search: [Google]
Grand Theft Auto 3.jpg
112 KB, 392x557
Best game, coming through.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.