[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no one wants to discuss Paragon I just wanted to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Paragon Banner.jpg (72 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Paragon Banner.jpg
72 KB, 1024x576
>tfw no one wants to discuss Paragon

I just wanted to know whether it's worth my schmeckels
>>
>>333139973
Why not?
>>
It's just really clunky and really doesn't do anything original or worth giving attention to
Assfaggots just work best with ARPG click controls
>>
The balance is a mess. Ask me again when there are 40+ heroes in the game. Right now it's not worth it.
>>
>>333140408
Well isn't that to be expected with an alpha?
>>
>>333139561
looks already better than overshilled
>>
I bought it and don't care for it. It feels weird not being able to shoot long distances, and the UI is an absolute fucking mess.
>>
You get used to it. I've been playing since the first closed test and now I really enjoy the game. It's like Smite but better. It actually has high ground and low ground and it affects the gameplay
>>
>>333139561
Longtime Alpha tester here anon

What do you want to know exactly?

500 hours in LoL
1700 in DOTA2
3 years of WC3/DOTA All-Stars
2 days in Smite
Playing Paragon since first closed Alpha test

1.DOTA2
2.Paragon
3.WC3/DOTA All-Stars
4.LoL
9999999999999999.Smite

Ask Me Anything

and for the record

ANY MOBA can be worth your time if you're willing to learn it
>>
>>333140812
Is it worth buying the early access shit?
>>
Its alright just needs a lot of stuff to iron out. Its ironic that its generic realistic look stands out better that the cartoony generic shit from the others.
>>
Eh it's pretty straightforward to the point where if you've played one match you've played them all. All items just build stats and zero utility so a heroes capabilities will always be the same leaving no real room for surprises in future matches.
This is coming from only playing around 20 matches, I don't know if you get cards down the line that actually give you unique abilities, but this is my impression so far.

Looks cool when big fights break out though.
>>
>>333140878
Not the guy but I got my 20 bucks worth compared to walking simulators. Open beta is coming out soon
>>
>>333141273
How soon?
>>
>>333140878
No

The founder's packs that you can buy are counter productive to the nature of MOBA's.You're much better off just grinding the points needed for the master challenges(which are piss easy at the moment and NOT worth the currency)

The way that you git gud at MOBAs is by fucking up a million times and learning from your mistakes.Thankfully right now the rewards are decent even if you lose a match.XP Gain is steady and Rep gains aren't that much further behind

Is it still a decent grind to unlock everything for a character? Yes,but you're much better off learning a character and the game for that matter by playing it.

Also the ONE skin that you get is Hotrod Howitzer,and Howitzer is a shit hero at the moment.
>>
>>333141409
summer
>>
>>333141502
>After overwatch release
Heh
>>
>>333141527
might be why they opened the alpha.
>>
>>333141502
Guess we have differing definitions of the word soon(tm)
>>
>>333141632
yet were dumb enough to put it behind a paywall, or maybe it was smart so they'd at least make some money off this. Either way they are going up against a market that will be saturated with better games or games that are already gaining players.
>>
>>333141839
They took way too long to release I'll admit that got invited for the weekend and the game ran perfect no bugs for me
>>
>>333141839
>saturated with better games or games that are already gaining players.

That does not include overwatch
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.