[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
legit question: If I were to come on /v/ and ask people to try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
legit question:

If I were to come on /v/ and ask people to try a game I had made - not to buy it, but just to try it - with the intention of using the feedback to make a better finished product to one day sell, would /v/ be cool with that?

Or would I be crucified? Just trying to feel out the environment here. pic unrelated
>>
>>333133491
/v/ is usually very open to that. Give them a game to play and they will play it. They'll also give all the criticism they can.
>>
Wouldn't this be more fit for /adgd/ on /vg/?

>>>/vg/137551096
>>
You would have to green-light it through Steam or Gog distribute it through them.

Ain't no way the mods will allow you to post an .exe link.
>>
Be prepared for it to be called a meme game if you ever release it.
>>
>>333133491
I made a game at university and one time the idea of actually posting it on 4chan as part of the testing process came up with the group. It was really funny and we made sure everyone understood that we were joking and out of all the websites you could pick, 4chan is probably the last one.
>>
>>333133610
download links for pirated shit get posted all the time
>>
>>333133491
>/v/
>crucified?
Absolutely. But, you'd get crucified for posting in general. At least you'd get some feed back.
>>
>>333133491
we have a thread that usually goes by "hows that game coming along that you're making" that likes to help each other out with that.
>>
Global Rule #11:

Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

If you're going to shill, pretend you're just an enthused fan like everyone else does.
>>
If you are worried about not being able to take the shit talking, you aren't prepared to do something like that.
You might want to hang out in agdg threads a bit instead of maybe opening up to /v/ as a whole.
>>
>>333133491
I'm not sure why, but mods only tolerate shilling of AAA titles. So, sadly, I don't think you'd have much luck.

Just know I really, really would like to try your game.
>>
>>333133491
>I want to be rich like that fat fuck Notch
Fuck you and your act
>>
You can share shit ya made and most wouldn't complain, but the generals in /vg/ would be much better for it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.