[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meanwhile, in Cyrodiil /v/...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 30
File: Cyrodiil.png (992 KB, 717x586) Image search: [Google]
Cyrodiil.png
992 KB, 717x586
Meanwhile, in Cyrodiil /v/...
>>
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm currently playing Skyrim. And I'm trying so hard to like it. But aside from using stealth and the dwemer dungeons, I have yet to actually have any 'fun'. If anything, the majority of the game is listening to really slow (and badly acted) dialogue. Riften alone took me 10 fucking hours to get through.

Are the other Elder Scrolls games this slow and badly designed?
>>
File: Tamriel-Overview2.jpg (162 KB, 1048x768) Image search: [Google]
Tamriel-Overview2.jpg
162 KB, 1048x768
>>333134684
you can skip through the dialog...
Elder Scrolls online is way more fun than skyrim in my opinion. I am a multiplayer game fan but only ones that are open world and partly eco-based. By far the best elder scroll game
>>
>>333134684
play oblivion. it has more charm and seems slightly more open ended in the quests. plus the general quests and factions quests are GOAT. atmosphere is off the charts, music, visuals are just so heartwarming, even the UI is comfy af.

feels a lot more like a proper fantasy rpg than skyrim.

also i hear morrowind is better but i tried that shit twice and it has no voice-acting, aesthetics are awful and you have no incentive to do anything story-wise or gameplay-wise, but that's my experience with it.
>>
>>333135984

>also i hear morrowind is better but i tried that shit twice and it has no voice-acting
Considering how voice acting is handled in Skyrim, that could be a major improvement.
>>
>>333135909
Its a shame about the whole hating it meme, its a fucking great MMO.
>>
>>333135984
>Oblivions music
I know what I'm going to sleep listening to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpqSdORmCX4
>>
>>333135909

>you can skip through the dialog...
I'm having to do that. But having to skip dialogue means its a major issue.
>>
fucking orc niggers
>>
>>333136650

I think you mean Dark Elves.
>>
File: sadnegro.jpg (12 KB, 320x243) Image search: [Google]
sadnegro.jpg
12 KB, 320x243
>>333133220
>yfw become vampire on ps3
>>
>>333136869
>console versions of TES games
100% your fault
>>
I saw a mudcrab the other day. Nasty creatures.
>>
>>333136909
I was 13 anon
>>
>>333136650
>>333136794

The Dark Elves are much more nigtastic than Orcs ever could be. Orcs just want a fuckin place to live.
>>
>>333136869
>fight vampires
>religiously check my debuffs
>nothing
>all good
>a bit later
>fight a vampire alongside a few other nasties
>manage to kill the vampire first and then take down the other guys
>forget to check debuffs
>wake up as a vampire a few days later
>say fuck it and just make it part of my character as I'm playing a stealth/illusion character anyways
>go full on fucking vampire
>the kind that dies from just hearing about daylight
>love the shit out of it
>>
>>333133220
WHERE DID ALL THE TREES GO, WHAT THE FUCK? THERE USED TO BE A JUNGLE HERE WHAT HAPPENED
>>
File: 1428765871902s[1].jpg (5 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
1428765871902s[1].jpg
5 KB, 250x175
>>333136869
holy shit I remember this. I don't think I've ever been JUSTed in a game so bad

>tfw had to change ps3 settings to french to actually complete the bugged to hell cure sidequest
>>
>>333136869
>>333137581
360fag here, the fuck happened that broke the game this hard?
>>
>>333137581
what was the bug?
>>
>>333137847
>>333137885
If you became a vampire on PS3 you could not cure yourself.

>the fuck happened that broke the game this hard?

Bethesda happened. I believe their excuse was just "We can't into PS3 :'("
>>
Stop making fun of me when I'm walking past you, you racist fucks. I didn't do shit.

t. Argonian
>>
>>333138020
>Oblivion PS3 ran just fine
>Skyrim is a disgusting pile of fuck, not just on PS3, but all platforms
I honestly can't believe it. Even from Bethesda.
>>
>>333138020

To be fair, there was game breaking bugs on all versions. There's even ways you can break the PC version so you can't even load a save file. And have to get a specific mod just to get the game to load.

Skyrim is one of the worst coded games in history. The Elder Scrolls team needs to stop focusing so hard on lore and focus on actually making a stable engine. Then put content into that engine.
>>
>>333138205
Have you played Fallout 4?
>>
>>333138424
No.
>>
>>333135909
Is it good? I mean I just started playing it here recently. And so far so good like the leveling and stuff. Had to get used to the combat a little. But anyways how is the end game and what not?
>>
>>333138447
It has gotten worse, surprisingly.

Fallout 4 might be the ugliest game I've ever played that performed so shit.
>>
Have you heard of the High Elves?
>>
>>333135984
Dumb. Oblivion is the WORST in the series
>>
File: 1419924325922.gif (2 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1419924325922.gif
2 MB, 250x141
>>333135984
>aesthetics are awful
It's the only fantasy TES game that actually _feels_ and _looks_ like it's a different world. It's really interesting to explore and immerse yourself in. I can understand not digging the graphics anymore, but you can at least make it look decent today with a few mods. I'd be happy to recommend some if you're interested.

As for no incentive to play? I really have no answer for you there. That's wholly not my experience with the game - there's tons of incentive to work your way up guilds / houses, find new shit, and try new shit.

Oblivion's good, but I have to say that Morrowind is the 'better rpg'.

But - the fact remains - if you don't really care about sex mods, either Oblivion or Morrowind are better than Skyrim.
>>
>Be boat walker arounder
>Finally get off my 14 hour shift
>Fuck yeah time to hit up the feed bag
>Eating my pile of bread, chilling out just making some loud us fuck gulping noises
>Maybe I'll go for a cheeky nighttime walk in the gardens later
>Suddenly some dude fucking RUNS in
>He's dressed like a nutjob, some weird leather penis-hat thing, bright green shirt and no pants
>Feel my life is in danger, instinctively stare passively
>Dude casts some giant red spell at the floor
>Every person in the place just LOSES IT
>People who were eating and talking about wildlife quietly are now tearing each other to pieces, people are ACTUALLY DYING from beating each other with their hands or whatever blunt instruments they can find
>Guard comes in and slaughters everyone left, this joint's gonna be called The Body Bag from now on
>He arrests the guy who fucked everyone up, just fines him like a hundred bucks
>A hundred septims are all a dozen dead souls are worth, marketplace has lost almost every vendor, our economy will never recover
>Three brothers will have to be renamed one grieving brother
>Finish my bread and sleep outside
Fucking mages. I've heard they're dangerous.
>>
>>333135909
>>333136363
What the fuck? It's bland as fuck, grew bored after 20ish hours and I'm playing one of em flashy mages.
>>
>>333138618
Not him, buts its pretty fucking amazing. The fact that you can get level 10 sets at max level and they're still viable makes this game so fucking fun. I've seen people with the most stupid builds and sets since there's so much diversity and the whole "Do whatever you want". That being said, end game is a little hardcore, especially with dungeons. You NEED to be doing good DPS. Unlike other MMOs where its like 30 person raid and you can basically have other people carry you and you dont need to do shit; ESO only has 4 man dungeons. If you aren't doing anything its going to be obvious. If there isn't enough DPS you just aren't going to be able to beat it. You'll get kicked or git gud. Remember to do power attacks so you get your mana/stam back. You don't wanna be a shitter and just spam basic attacks until your stam runs out and you don't have anything to dodge with.
>>
File: oblivion_npc_chat.gif (894 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
oblivion_npc_chat.gif
894 KB, 320x213
>>333135909
>>333136363
Sorry anon, it's bland trash.
>>
>>333137885
>>333137847
Man its been years since I played it but basically there's this sidequest where you have to collect all these herbs and deliver them to a witch in some hut and she will make a cure for you.

The dialogue text for delivering one of the herbs was bugged in the english version where if you select it, even if you have collected the items, it doesn't recognise it and the quest doesn't get completed. But for some reason it works in other languages, so you have to change the ps3 language in system settings so the dialogue text comes up in a different language, and you can complete the quest to get the cure.
>>
>>333138863
I've played all the TES games worth playing and they all feel like different worlds. I'd say Skyrim has good atmosphere despite having pretty shit mechanics.
>>
>>333139075
I see. I rolled a tank so do you have any insight on that? I obviously haven't ran a dungeon yet, but I can kind of tell tanking will be a bit different. Considering the whole lack of an AOE taunt
>>
File: 1296974388263.jpg (139 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1296974388263.jpg
139 KB, 1680x1050
>>333135909
I thought ESO was dead? Did it get a comeback?

>>333137178
lmao
>>
File: 1430281892048.jpg (63 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1430281892048.jpg
63 KB, 722x349
>be adventurer
>do all the cool shit, killed draugr, plundered ruins, the whole Nine Divine
>get cocky and accidentally trigger and arrow trap
>gets me straight in the knee, shatters the cap and does major muscle damage
>no more adventuring for me
>some years later, I'm a guard in some hovel in Skyrim
>meet an adventurer, covered in the blood of his enemies, carrying an ungodsly amount of loot and equipment
>I want to connect to him, to relive my glory days, maybe share stories
>lead in with my tragic defeat
>he starts snickering, scampers off
>suddenly the entire province, maybe all of Tamriel, are laughing at me, I've become a joke to everyone

Fuck you Dragonborn. I knew I shouldn't trust [race].
>>
>>333138863
sure, please recommend me something because oblivion fully captured my imagination and i spend dozens of hours on the game before i realized i REALLY had to do the fight in kvatch to progress in the main story- there was just so much cool shit to do everywhere else.

i tried morrowind twice, once couldn't figure out controls and quit after like 30 mins, another time i spent a couple of hours running around trying to complete an objective with a really vague description, like "find inner peace" or whatever, then quit.
>>
>>333139591
not him, but did you try the several oblivion mods out there?
>>
>>333138205
The only gamebreaking bug I nearly occured was in the "Path of Knowledge" quest in Dragonborn, where I couldn't activate the button to get the black book. But somehow i managed to fix this. Guess I was lucky when playing Skyrim
>>
>>333139773
If you have to mod a game to make it acceptable, it's shit.
>>
>>333139290
My main is actually a tank and I can say ESO is probably the easiest MMO to tank in. But get ready to be completely fucking useless outside of PvE and dungeons, also have fun trying to quest and doing solo shit while you do zero damage and take 3 hours just to kill a boss. Make sure to focus on either stam or magicka, hybrid builds are shit. At the moment Magicka tank builds are the best simply because of stamina being gutted from a past patch. Also, you may not even be wanted at all in end-game. Pretty much every one can tank, even mages. There's dodge tanks as well and even life steal tanks, and all of them do a shit ton more DPS then straight health, armor, and spell res tanks. As for the whole AOE taunt not existing thing, don't worry about it. When you're just doing trash mobs in dungeons its pretty much a free for all, every one needs to git gud and have some form of survivability but also good DPS abilities to keep themselves alive. Only thing you need to worry about taunting is bosses, and any elite mob that might do a shit ton of damage to some one if left stray. If anything, just switch to a DPS build during trash and then tank build during bosses when you get weapon swapping. Have fun bro
>>
>>333139839
What? he asked for a recommendation because he enjoyed oblivion, so I asked him if he had tried any of the big oblivion mods.
>>
File: hands2.jpg (21 KB, 289x404) Image search: [Google]
hands2.jpg
21 KB, 289x404
>>333139591
A simple graphics / sound packaged would be to get MGE XE (basically adds a bunch of shaders / new rendering stuff), Morrowind Overhaul, and Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul. Oh, and Better Dialog Font.

If you want some more story / gameplay stuff, LGNPC Morrowind Mod is a must for having better interactions with NPCs, Starfire's NPCs to add more / make places feel more alive, and the race redone faces by MacKom on Nexus (like Bosmer Redone, etc).

Those all install pretty quick, and they help update the feel a ton. You can go nuts with other things, but give those simple ones a try.

Also - head to Balmora and join a guild (you're asked to do so anyways with the first main quest that you're given at the start of the game). That will give you some good direction to start. Hope that helps ...
>>
>>333139773
i had all the expansions and dlc. as far as mods, no, i never really had to mod the game, but i hear there's several overhauls that fix the biggest issues with the game, ie the leveling
>>
>>333139419
>arrow fucks up knee
>can't be adventurer anymore
>still can be guard

How is this possible?
>>
>>333139591
Oh! >>333140017 here. One last note - Morrowind leveling can be a bit of a mess if you don't want to really get into it. MaddLeveler is usually what people recommend to fix it - compact and intuitive.
>>
>>333140034
it's definitely worth playing through again with mods. a difference experience entirely, and then you have the big content mods, some of which are better than even the main game itself.
>>
>>333140094
Look up sport injuries. Certain shit can have life long lasting impact.
>>
>>333140017
thanks
but
>head to Balmora and join a guild (you're asked to do so anyways with the first main quest that you're given at the start of the game). That will give you some good direction to start.
as i remember, that's what i did. i journeyed to the town and tried to join the guild but they asked me to do something else and i just spent a ton on that but didn't know exactly what to do. ohwell, the UESP is my friend. it's not like you can properly play those games without the wiki anyway...

i'll play it when i'm done with dark souls
>>
>>333140094
I would say policing a village is a lot easier than going put and fighting all kinds of creatures
>>
>>333134684
Play TW3 if you want an actual good RPG
>>
>>333138863
I can't honestly say which one I feel is the best out of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Morrowind is of course a bit dated, well a lot dated. But the way you could really customize your magic and enchantments is why I really loved it. Being able to have full control over spell making has to be the highlight. Also I liked it better that you had to pick your major and minor skills and birthsign at the beginning. For some reason exploring Dwemer ruins and ancestral tombs had a certain mystery and spookiness to it that couldn't be repeated in the other two. I hated the combat system though. It felt way more magic based for a game.

Oblivion had some cool things about it as well. Exploring Oblivion itself was really neat, also using those sigil stones to enchant armor was pretty nice. The thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood missions were awesome. It felt more like a combat type game.

Skyrim made some improvements but I felt it lost a lot of what I loved about Elder Scrolls. The magic system is broken, however duel wield is nice. I don't like the enchantment system either, and the lack of armorer and athletics was shitty too. The game pretty much forced you to become a sneak archer to smoothly get through it. I didn't like the lack of Daedra. I didn't like the fact that there was no reason to explore underwater. I don't like how you have to break an enchanted item to get its enchantment, but I do like double enchanting. Also, what happened to enchanted arrows? I like the smithing system, but I wish they would have kept it inline with armorer too, repairing your weapons and armor.

I'm currently playing Skyrim again, trying a High Elf pure magic run.
>>
>>333140034
yes, also an important mod is making it so every bandit isn't wearing fucking daedric armor

that still makes me wonder what the fuck was going through betheshit's head
>>
>>333136370
I guess I'll reinstall. Never done PC w/ mods anyhow
>>
>>333140210
Just curious - did you use your Journal at all last time you tried playing? Morrowind is quite different than Oblivion / Skyrim in terms of how you get quests / get information.
>>
>>333140094
I have backup and work in a low-crime city where it's difficult to run due to the architecture.

Even though my knee is fucked up I was given the job because of my combat experience and strong sense of justice.
>>
File: nine ales the argonian.jpg (152 KB, 570x605) Image search: [Google]
nine ales the argonian.jpg
152 KB, 570x605
>>333139909
I play ESO very casually, so I can't speak for endgame or PvP effectiveness but
>Me and a buddy both usually play mages, Elder Scrolls or otherwise, so we both make Sorcerers
>His is a fairly normal Breton DPS in robes, looks and plays the part
>Make mine a strongfat Argonian who refuses to wear any kind of chest or shoulder armor, heavy everywhere else
>End up ignoring most of the offensive spells, just wield a huge-as-fuck axe whenever I can while stacking on shields
>By level 40-something I am fucking invincible, I have a heal spell that also returns stamina, a lightning cloak that gives me tons of extra damage resist AND a barrier spell
>Any time shit gets real, just pop both while spamming the heal
>I literally cannot die
>Friend is so taken with this that he respecs his guy to start doing the same
>We are both "mages" that do nothing but run around with forcefields smacking everyone's shit

Game is ridiculous, and fun. If high level content makes this approach unviable, then I never want to hit it. Pic fucking related
>>
File: Ulrich.png (1013 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ulrich.png
1013 KB, 600x1000
I don't know you, and I don't care to know you.
>>
>>333140094

A guard can just ring a bell or scream if there's trouble in a town.

An adventurer has to be able to run after and away from things. Especially in Skyrim where you get attacked every fucking 20 steps. Can't even ride a fucking horse without a bear, dragon and witch spawning all at the same time.
>>
>>333140368
I personally use a few mods since I've beaten the game a few times.

>more types of weapons
>more types of armor
>cloaks
>armored skeletons
>war zones (adds major battles throughout the game)
>swearing mudcrabs
>laughtrack when you break a lockpick
>>
>>333139591
>another time i spent a couple of hours running around trying to complete an objective with a really vague description, like "find inner peace" or whatever, then quit.
>he didn't even solve the Disappearance of the Dwarves
>>
>>333140519
yeah, those are flavor mods though. there's a few core mods that are essential to getting the best experience
>>
REMOVE DARK ELF
>>
>>333140478
Its not that you can't do it or anything, I mean you could get a group of friends and just do it your way. Its just that every one else wants it done a certain way to get it done faster and cleaner. Like with every MMO, every one in end game playing the game hardcore are all elitists.
>>
>>333140510

>see random giant camp
>decide to go kill them just for fun
>dragon swoops down and starts attacking me
>kill the dragon, then the giant turns around and attacks me
>kill the giant, then out of nowhere a vampire runs out of the woods
>kill the vampire and suddenly two bears charge me

God damn. Its not hard to beat these guys, but the way they spawn is just stupid. Its not that hard to have a simple if/else statement to NOT have more enemies spawn when a dragon is attacking.
>>
File: 1421011345482.jpg (14 KB, 292x315) Image search: [Google]
1421011345482.jpg
14 KB, 292x315
>>333140504
>This guy is the first NPC I ever wanted to flat-out murder
>Stalk him for a while, finally catch him sort of alone and it's dusky
>Fuckyesmychance.jpg
>Poison an arrow with my best shit, crouch down and let it fly
>He goes flying it hits him so hard, insta-kill
>FUCK YEAH TAKE IT
>Leave town
>Come back later, he's back and walking around
>HE SAYS THE SAME THING AGAIN
>All the rage of the 3rd world, realize he's an invincible NPC, can't kill him, pissed at the game now
>Later on do the quest he's a part of
>He gets eaten alive by rats
Good things.
>>
File: 1364691303775.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1364691303775.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
POST FAVORITE TRACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsC5IEXDag
>>
File: 1456028682833.jpg (340 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1456028682833.jpg
340 KB, 1200x900
>>333137581
YES I HAD THIS TOO, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

>find 5 bloodgrass
>"Not enough, sorry"
>20 bloodgrass
>"Not enough, sorry"
> BITCH I'VE HAD ENOUGH
>flood room with bloodgrass using duplication
> 30,000 in inventory
>"sorry, no-

I had to delete like 3 characters because of this
>>
>>333140676
I got super pissed off today.
>join imperials
>attack windhelm
>final wooden barricade
>shield bashes me and instantly die
>wtf, happens three more times in a row
>>
>>333133220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN80_7rNmcE
>>
>>333140849

>Cat just curiously pawing at the mess like "I wonder what this tastes like"

cats are dicks
>>
macfag here (inb4 lol macfag)
pirated a copy of Oblivion GOTY and it just opens for a second and immediately closes, any idea what I can do to fix it?
>>
>enter a town for the first time
>thralls out of nowhere murder npcs before you can talk to them
>>
>>333140951
lol macfag
>>
File: what_girl.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
what_girl.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
Can someone tell me why it seems my companions are invincible most of the time, but then randomly die other times?

I've seen my companions run into swinging blades, take a giant's hammer and even walk off a mountain. They fall to their knees and pant, then get right back up. But then some random times, they die permanently.

Its really annoying when you can't figure out how a game works because its so glitchy.
>>
>>333140917
What the fuck do you expect it to do? Get a mop?
>>
>>333140951
no mods, right?
>>
>>333141014
:( i just wanna play oblivion
>>
>>333140893

Fucking beautiful
>>
>>333140951
>any idea what I can do to fix it?
Sell your Mac and buy a proper PC for significantly less money.
>>
>>333141015
I don't know, I've seen it happen with Lydia.
>>
>>333136363
>great
>mmo

pick one you tasteless faggot.
>>
File: 273tnM7.png (367 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
273tnM7.png
367 KB, 800x800
>>333140676
>getting infected with vampirism in this brawling
>don't notice
>wakes up as a vampire few days later
>need cure
>go to morthal
>talk to falion
>he wants a filled black soul stone
>don't have one
>he offers you to pay 300 septims for one
>getting cured
>lost 300 septims for all this trouble
>mfw
>>
>>333141015

Is there any games where companions work perfectly? An NPC following you around seems like it will inherently cause problems.
>>
>>333140429
yes, and the journal wasn't helpful.

i'm not a retard, i'm willing to explore a game and learn the mechanics it teaches me, but morrowind doesn't do any of that. just "hey, you're in this land now, go join these guys or whatever" then you walk for 5 minutes, then they tell you "well, come back when the aliens see you through space" and you're just left thinking what kind of telescope the aliens have and whether or not i need to stand on a mountain or wave or wear a bright colored hat.

oblivion was like "dude, i just escaped from prison! FUCK YES. look at all this grass and trees and the music is amazing and the map is huge! and i got this super important thing to do! oh here's some nirnroot, what the fuck is that? anyway, i got to the city now, holy shit! so many possibilities! ohlook i joined the thieves guild, ohlook i joined the dark brotherhood! ohlook i'm a gladiator! wait, was there a thing i have to do? right, find this monk over there! oh shit, the place where i have to go is being fucked by demons! guess i better help"
>>
>>333141023

>not making your cat clean a mess it probably made
>>
>>333133220
Have you heard any news from the other provinces?
>>
>>333141083

Lydia is exactly who I'm talking about. She died in one of the easiest dungeons fighting a Draught. Thank god I'm using a mod which has tons of extra characters so I never run out of companions. But because Lydia died, now I can only have one companion at a time. The game keeps thinking Lydia is still a part of my party.
>>
>>333141091
I agree it's bad if you play it as an MMO, but then, that's true for all of them because the MMO formula is inherently super bloated and boring. ESO's saving grace is that there's a decent amount of fuck-around stuff to do with buddies to break up "go here and kill a bunch of guys".
>>
>>333141194

URGH
HMM
>>
>>
>>333141145

There's no game where a companion works perfectly. But almost any other game I think of works better than Skyrim. Hell, they just get in the way more than anything. Even block NPCs from walking through doors, then crash the game.

The Elder Scrolls team needs to stop trying to be so realistic. There's a reason most RPGs allow you to walk through party members. Because if you can't shit like Skyrim happens. An entire town of people getting stuck in one door along with your companion.
>>
>>333141194
Nothing I'd like to talk about
>>
File: Morrowind-cover.jpg (112 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind-cover.jpg
112 KB, 500x591
go away oblivionfags, morrowind was better in every way
>>
>>333141391
except side quests.
>>
>>333141151
Well that was the point of the game. You were supposed to talk to random people and then use what clues they gave you to find where you were supposed to go. If you needed to find a city, you were supposed to follow road signs. If you needed money you were supposed to join the Fighter, Mage or Thieves guild. The main quest was started in Balmora when you talked to that Blades guy. Instead of the Dark Brotherhood that had the Morag Tong.

But some people didn't like that, now the game basically plays itself with a direction arrow. You just follow the arrow and shoot arrows at anyone in your way. It was more fun having to actually find shit and being lost.
>>
>>333141391
>combat
>>
>>333141151
Just making sure. Having played through the game twice and doing both guild quests, I'm not really sure where the 'find inner peace' description you said before comes from. I'm pretty sure they're both simple starter fetch quests is all.

I do hope your next run is better!
>>
>>333136363
Dont forget your cake!!!
>>
>>333141015
Once they take a certain amount damage, they go into a protected state and I believe drop aggro.
If they take enough damage while they're in this state or soon afterwards, they die permanently.
Oh, and sometimes the game can glitch out and not reset their protection. Have fun!
>>
>>333141389
I saw some mudcrabs by the water recently. I steered clear of them!
>>
>>333141453

There should be a middle ground between having to read 10 pages of books to hopefully remember that one helpful clue and just having the sentence given to you on a quest screen. Trouble is, Bethesda doesn't do 'middle ground'. They try to go to the extreme in some things, then give up on other things. Each of their games have this problem. Skyrim tries to be super realistic, but lacks character development. Fallout 3 does the opposite.
>>
>>333141151

You are a retard. If you could read the journal explains LITERALLY everything in Morrowind. Just fucking read. Goddamn it's an RPG, you seriously need to read. Don't know where to go? Fuckin ask directions. It's that easy.
>>
>>333135909
Was the entire continent Cyrodiiled? Turned generic by a wizard?
>>
>>333141685
I think he just got stuck because he was trying to do Trebonius' quest.
>>
>>333140094
Magic
>>
>>333141391
>dice rolls in a real-time 3D combat scenario
>>
File: ImusTheDull.png (911 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
ImusTheDull.png
911 KB, 600x1000
Spare a coin for the infirm?
>>
>>333141245
Seen any...Elves?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaaah
>>
>>333141685
The only time I ever got lost in Morrowind where I actually needed to read a guide was the part: the eye of the needle lies in the teeth of the wind
the mouth of the cave lies in the skin of the pearl
the dream is the door and the star is the key
>>
>>333141903

Yeah, why not?
>>
>>333141930
>[give 1 Septim]
>The Gift of Charity added
>>
>>333141903
>My autism cant handle abstractions
>>
>>333141903
What, don't you like dice rolls?

>>333141985
This was fun as fuck to figure out on your own. Finding that damn cairn on the other hand...
>>
>>333141775
>Was the entire continent Cyrodiiled? Turned generic by a wizard?
No, but Cyrodiil itself still is - even though, you know, it shouldn't've happened yet. By Mighty Talos, I guess.
>>
>>333141903
Why are you so retarded? I mean, sure, it's kind of confusing at first, but it shouldn't really matter to anyone after an hour of fighting.
>>
>>333141991
>>333142057
>>333142079
>>333142260
>swing a longsword from five inches away
>miss
This is why.

There's no fucking point to having real-time combat in a 3D space if accuracy is determined by dice rolls instead of the proximity between two hitboxes.

It's fundamentally broken.

You can tell me
>oh you just have to level up in that weapon class and then you won't miss so much :^)
But I shouldn't miss AT ALL if I can visibly see myself slashing through the enemy.

I don't think even the first two TES games had this bullshit, and due to their age I probably would've given them a pass on an archaic mechanic like that.
>>
>>333141685
Not that dude, but there were some cases where I recall having to wander around an area for a while because the directions in the journal were often were just a cardinal direction in relation to a town or city.

Most of the time it worked out fine, but I remember a couple of times where I was wandering through islands like the ones around Sadrith Mora looking for a specific location that had too few people near it to ask a location or had too much other shit around it to reliably get a dialogue option.

>>333141391
I think they're both quite good and each excelled at different things. I prefer the combat system in Oblivion because it just fits the visuals better and pulls you out of the game world less. I prefer the music and faction/side quests, but to each their own. I kinda dig the generic fantasy setting as well when it's combined with the lack of factional or racial struggles, made it feel like Cyrodiil was just a cosmopolitan generic location, which is weird considering every other TES nation.
>>
>>333142413
I thought the Dark Brotherhood quest was awesome in Oblivion.
>>
>>333142370

>There's no fucking point to having real-time combat in a 3D space if accuracy is determined by dice rolls instead of the proximity between two hitboxes.

Yes there is. It's quite simple. It's an RPG and uses RPG mechanics. It's to simulate proper combat. You miss. People dodge. You land blows that glance off the enemy's armor. That's what the dice represent.

Combat where two people sit there and take turns stabbing eachother in the chest until their red bar depletes is fucking retarded.
>>
File: 20160401202303_1.jpg (451 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160401202303_1.jpg
451 KB, 1920x1080
Guys, an oblivion gate is blocking my way home, what do I do?
>>
>>333142632

stick your dick in it
>>
>>333142370
>get bored and start playing morrowind again
>steal that faggot's money from the tree stump, find that falling wizard
>yes, it's all coming back
>run to Balmora
>try to fight a cliffracer
>swing and miss
>swing and miss
>swing and miss
>FUCK THIS SHIT
>soul trap glitch max attributes
>create a shock, fire, ice spell with 50m radius and max damage
>levitate above Balmora and blast city killing everyone DBZ style
>turn off game and unistall

The dice roll shit pisses me off
>>
File: Orc-Blivion Valen Dreth.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Orc-Blivion Valen Dreth.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>That Dark Elf across the hall from you in prison in the Oblivion intro
>There are people that didn't use the console to unlock his door and go in there and kill him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPx-nUqLMtc
>>
>>333142632
>living in that shithole known as Kvatch

I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>333142624
>People dodge.
Show me the dodge animations in Morrowind.
>You land blows that glance off the enemy's armor.
Show me this happening in the game.

Even RPGs from the '80s could show you that you missed by having "MISS" or "GUARD" show up on the enemy.

Morrowind can't even do that. No, your weapon just phases through them and there's literally nothing except the lack of damage to convey what went wrong.

They do not dodge. You do not glance off armor. They simply just don't take damage because fuck you.
>>
>>333142743
Do you even Dark Brotherhood?
>>
>>333142806

Depends, do you even Orc-Blivion?
>>
>>333142370
>>333142741
>>333142794
>can't understand abstraction
>>
>>333142794

>Show me the dodge animations in Morrowind.
Morrowind barely has animations period, what the fuck are you expecting?

I will seriously never understand why the dicerolls bother people so much. It's like any other game with them. Have you never played an RPG before? That's how they work.
>>
>>333142743
>orcblivion

Oh god. Why did the guy who made it have to go and turn into a trap and remove all of his videos.
>>
>>333142791
Go back to your haunted shithole in Anvil.
>>
>>333142881
>playing an orc
>ever
I want the subhuman scum to leave
>>
>>333142624
I think the issue you have is that you think anon wants what we currently have as the alternative to the poorly implemented (in 3D space with full control) dice roll combat, when in reality both are shit because Bethesda were too shit to add animations or other tells in Morrowind and made Oblivion and Skyrim a shitshow of swing until it's dead.
to;dr it's all shit, fuck you
>>
>>333141903
It workd like a charm.

Luck is a factor you have to account for in battel.

Better then hitscanfagging.
>>
>>333142990

Because basically all of his videos contained copyrighted music and he made them before Youtube went to shit
>>
>>333143006
>implying I live in Shitvil

I live in Skingrad, bitch, like anyone worth anything does.
>>
>>333142980
please don't compare morrowind to regular dice roll games. morrowind was an abomination of dice roll/real time action. it did neither well
>>
>>333143123
>not living in charming, pastoral Chorrol
Please.
>>
>>333136363
The best thing to do when a dumb ass npc starts to tell you her life story is to just press tab and back off.
>>
I liked Pelinal until I read he's supposed to be some terminator ripoff time traveling robot.

Time traveling I get but the other shit is stupid.
>>
>>333142976
>3D game with models and animations
>there are no animations to illustrate a concept
>a-abstractions!
This isn't fucking Final Fantasy II
This isn't fucking Zork

There is NO EXCUSE.

>>333142980
>Morrowind barely has animations period, what the fuck are you expecting?
I'm expecting a game released in 2002 to have enough animations to convey what's happening in the game accurately.

>Have you never played an RPG before? That's how they work.
Guess what, TES is an action-RPG. I love action-RPGs, I've played quite a few. And I have never played an action-RPG that used dicerolls to determine accuracy. Not a single one, except Morrowind.

Dice rolls are fine when the entire combat system is an abstraction, e.g. static fields with non-moving entities like old RPGs.

But even Chrono Trigger--which I would not personally classify as an action-RPG due to the ATB system--uses proximity-based accuracy due to the enemy movement.
Even Chrono Trigger managed to make that happen.

Why the fuck can't Morrowind, and why the fuck do you defend this?
>>
>>333140094
It's not literal. It's a joke about marriage.

I suspect I just got baited.
>>
>>333137052
Orc are muskeljuden
>>
>>333143237
>being a hillbilly
>>
File: 1403458565538.png (322 KB, 480x584) Image search: [Google]
1403458565538.png
322 KB, 480x584
>mfw poorfags will never live in the safe and fun city of Kvatch

Literally nothing could harm this city.
>anvil cucks btfo
>>
POWDERED
>>
>>333143421
DEER
>>
>>333143339

you know that shit about it being about marriage was just pulled out of someone's ass, right?

maybe I'm being baited now
>>
>>333143306
>I'm expecting a game released in 2002 to have enough animations to convey what's happening in the game accurately.
Well, it's bethesda. They literally couldn't even make the game work properly.

>Why the fuck can't Morrowind
Because they chose not to, because there's nothing wrong with dicerolls
>and why the fuck do you defend this?
Because again, there's nothing wrong with it. Literally quit crying that you missed.
>>
>>333143482
PENIS
>>
File: 1387177240870.png (22 KB, 856x566) Image search: [Google]
1387177240870.png
22 KB, 856x566
>>333143520
>there's nothing wrong with dicerolls
Then why wasn't it carried over into Oblivion? Probably because it sucks.
>>
File: spectral_9069.jpg (15 KB, 207x185) Image search: [Google]
spectral_9069.jpg
15 KB, 207x185
Have you heard the tale of Matthieu Bellamont and the great treachery of Cheydinhal?
>>
>>333143612

>Then why wasn't it carried over into Oblivion?
That's not great logic. If Bethesda were a studio that improved over time rather than dumbing down their products, you'd have a point. But them choosing to cut a feature doesn't mean it's bad.

See: the entirety of fallout 4 and almost all of skyrim.
>>
>>333143612
>Then why wasn't it carried over into Oblivion
Because faggots like you bitch about it, that's why.
>>
>>333143614

>Dark Brotherhood members kill him, hang him from the ceiling, and chop off his weenie
>"But it wasn't him guys"
>"WELL FUCK WHY DIDN'T HE SAY SO"
>>
>>333134684

>Riften alone took me 10 fucking hours to get through

you are the reason games get dumbed down, kill yourself
>>
File: 1459457442855.gif (3 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1459457442855.gif
3 MB, 350x280
>>333143520
>Literally quit crying that you missed.
I'm with the other guy, but damn son roasted
>>
File: 1420871901522.jpg (10 KB, 296x131) Image search: [Google]
1420871901522.jpg
10 KB, 296x131
>>333143406
>We will finally get to see un-burned Kvatch soon
>>
>>333133220
I HAVE NO GREETING!
>>
>>333143520
>Because they chose not to
That's unacceptable.

The presence of dicerolls has nothing to do with outright choosing to omit animations which are critical to one's moment-to-moment understanding of the combat scenario.

Let me put it straight to you
I would not be "crying" if the game produced some kind of identifiable result as to WHY I am missing.

If the character swung erratically or slowly due to being new with a weapon
If the enemy dodged
If my attack bounced off armor of a shield

Any of these are fine. A good game would have these.
None of these happen.

My sword, arrow, axe, or even fists simply glide right through the enemy's model with naught so much as a sound effect to tell me I missed, and they just aren't taking damage, that's abysmal.

Bethesda is a shit company but this is the number-one worst thing they've ever done, and even for Bethesda, there is no excuse.

Morrowind is an action-RPG relying on the mechanics of turn-based RPGs. Using abstractions in a system where they are not needed, where they have become regressive and archaic from a design standpoint.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>333143758
>Oblivion was rated teen when it first came out
How the hell did they manage that. Dude was literally missing his lower jaw, half his ribs and his entire junk was messily cut off.
>>
>>333135984

>aesthetics are awful

If we're talking Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, Morrowind had best artstyle and worst graphics, Skyrim has best graphics and ok artsyle, Oblivion had ok graphics and worst artstyle.

Oblivionfags who will defend how bland Cyrodiil is are even worse than skyrimbabbies
>>
>>333143946
Didn't it get the M-rating later tho?
>>
>>333144019
I liked Oblivion the best, but it was pretty bland.
>>
>>333144041
It did. I'm just wondering how they skirted it in the first place.
>>
>>333144019
I hate mushrooms and I hate anything that's too high fantasy. Morrowind's artstyle is pure garbage to me.
>>
>>333143928

>WHY I am missing.
You're missing because you're a level one dumbfuck with no training in the use of swords and the agility of a lame buffalo trying to fight a flying bird-lizard with a claymore that weighs about half as much as you do.

>with naught so much as a sound effect to tell me I missed
Sure, because it goes the other way around and plays a sound effect when you hit.
>>
>>333143783
That doesn't make any sense. He didn't say it was hard. If you do all the available content and actually listen to the dialogue instead of reading the subtitles and skipping through at high speed I'm sure it would take forever.
>>
>>333144090

Yeah, I'm not saying Oblivion was bad but cyrodiil was simply bland.

>>333144096

Yes, elder scrolls should definitely be more like game of thrones

Elder Scrolls VI: High Rock without magic when?
>>
>>333144176
>You're missing because you're a level one dumbfuck with no training in the use of swords and the agility of a lame buffalo trying to fight a flying bird-lizard with a claymore that weighs about half as much as you do
None of this is portrayed in the game.

You will have the same animations at all levels.
Good game.

>Sure, because it goes the other way around and plays a sound effect when you hit.
Now it's been some years since I played Morrowind, but as I recall, sound effects for attacks are static. At least, for the weapon I was using. You swing and there's a swinging sound, and that's about it.

I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it being.

Anyway, good job completely ignoring the entire purpose of that post, and only cherrypicking the pieces you could actually argue against.
>>
>>333144334
Nah it should be more like The Witcher
>>
>>333142370
>here's no fucking point to having real-time combat in a 3D space if accuracy is determined by dice rolls instead of the proximity between two hitboxes.
You're right.
The game wasn't in first person to make it an epic action game that appeals to retards, it was in first person to help you get immersed in a world in a way that had literally never been done before. Beyond that it was still a typical RPG.

If you can't handle that you're a literal retard.
>>
File: oblivion gore mod.jpg (53 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
oblivion gore mod.jpg
53 KB, 656x369
>trolls are cannibals, so they eat people
This sentence really, really, really, really irked me.
>>
>>333144376

>game from early 2000s doesn't have hundreds of animations, more news at 3
Skyrim has practically no animations either.

Seriously go outside with a stick and try to smack a bird. You will probably not succeed.

It makes plenty of sense for there to be an option of failure when attacking. That it doesn't have animations for it shouldn't be surprising, because again the game doesn't have animations for jackshit and the newer ones don't either.
>>
I think TESVI should take Morrowind's magic system, Oblivion's level system and Skyrims perks and combine them.

Also bring back repairing weapons and choosing a birthsign.
>>
>>333144486
>make a real-time combat system
>don't adjust your combat mechanics to fit in the contexts of real time and 3D space
I'm not asking for fucking Devil May Cry.

I'm asking for the game to make fucking sense.

>>333144556
>Skyrim has practically no animations either.
That is also inexcusable.

>Seriously go outside with a stick and try to smack a bird. You will probably not succeed.
Because it will move out of the way, unlike the enemies in Morrowind.
>>
File: 1451205337524.png (545 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451205337524.png
545 KB, 640x640
>>333133220
>Cyrodiil
>>
>>333144610
>oblivion's level system
None of the TES level systems have been good. You either have to play counter-intuitively in order to have a not-shit character or the level system is just flat HP/STAM/MAG
>>
>>333144610

>Oblivion's level system

agree with the rest though
>>
>>333144640

>I'm asking for the game to make fucking sense.
It does, as long as you're not autistic and understand what dice rolls represent.
>unlike the enemies in Morrowind.
Again you're still not getting the abstraction thing. No shit they don't move away. It's been more than a decade since and Bethesda still can't code AI better than Morrowind.
>>
>>333139406
Hell yeah playing as sauron was the fucking best
>>
>You were born just in time to see glorious House Redoran kick out the foreigners from Morrowind once and for all.

Can't wait desu.
>>
>>333144610
>oblivion's level system
>not morrowind
Having major/minor skills tickles my autism something fierce.
>>
>>333133220
It's odd that there is no city in the east of cyrodiil
>>
>>333144887

>born just in time to watch shit-elves get assraped by lizards
>again

can't fuckin wait.
>>
>>
>>333144798
>you're still not getting the abstraction thing
I'm saying that this is a game from 2002, not 1985.

It is a game with real time combat in a three-dimensional field with moving entities.

There should be no abstraction, you should be able to identify the circumstances of combat visually.

>still using Bethesda's incompetence as an excuse
It is inexcusable.

Every other fuckup Bethesda makes, people lambaste them for it.
But somehow, people will endlessly defend this one.
>>
>>333144964
It's all just nasty swamps and jungles there, not a good place to live.
>>
>Any vanilla TES leveling system
The idea of organically imrpoving what you use is fine, but the reality is that you spam selfcast spells and sneak into a wall.

Oblivion XP is the only system that actually works.
>>
>Play Morrowind
>Fuckin great times
>Play Oblivion for a year or so, then start to miss Morrowind
>Skyrim comes out, now I miss Oblivion
>ESO comes out, suddenly all I want to do is play Skyrim again

What is it about this series that makes you yearn to play its other games while you play the current one?
>>
>>333145080
Sounds good to me at least
>>
File: 1458056098584.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1458056098584.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
>>333144993
Their magic trees won't save them forever.
>>
File: comfy doggy.jpg (54 KB, 540x228) Image search: [Google]
comfy doggy.jpg
54 KB, 540x228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFSl6XQzAck
>>
>>333145149
The games taking out more and more with each installment.
That should be obvious.
>>
Why is no one talking about Arena and Daggerfall?
>>
>>333145047
>this game isn't allowed to abstract things because I say so!
>>
>>333145291
Because I don't think there's any 40 year olds in the thread.
>>
STOP
>>
>>333145335
Name one other game with real-time combat that uses diceroll accuracy.

I'll wait.
>>
>>333145421
Name one other game with a world as fleshed out, unique, interesting and expansive as morrowind.

I'll wait.
>>
>>333145421
This isn't an argument.
>>
>>333145421
Diablo 2

Get rekt.
>>
>>333145047
It was perfectly fine. The point of an RPG is to replicate the skill of the character, not of the person playing it. Morrowind did that pretty well.
>>
>>333145483
Stop deflecting, that has no relation.
>>
>>333145515
Okay Todd.
>>
>>333145194

More like the Dunmer's god-kings won't save them forever...and already stopped hundreds of years ago so now it's time for everyone who ever hated them to line right the fuck up and assrape them for all they're worth as retribution for millennia of dunmer bullshit.

They've only ever survived because someone was saving their ass. The Daedra, the Dwemer, the Tribunal, well it's over now. The Daedra are pretty damn near done with them and can only do so much anyway. The Dwemer are gone. The Tribunal are gone. The only thing saving them from extinction is the goddamn Empire, and that's clearly a dead husk. What next? They gonna ally with the Nords? The fucked up thing is the Nords would probably do it, help those fuckwits get their shit together, if only to keep them the fuck out of Skyrim. But they're too proud for that.

Morrowind will be called New Argonia soon, and it's all because Dunmer are such gigantic retarded assholes that they go five minutes without making everyone in their immediate vicinity want to genocide them. The only Dunmer left will be bootlickers exiled to ghettos in foreign lands.
>>
>>333145532
It does though you doublenigger.
Instead of focusing on "epic combat" to appeal to retards, they focused on the world. Games can't do everything, or try to do everything. They took a classic RPG and put it in real time first person for a reason, and you can't handle that they didn't make it an action game alongside that.
>>
>>333145527
>The point of an RPG is to replicate the skill of the character, not of the person playing it.
Well action-RPGs utilize combat systems which reflect the skill of the player.

>>333145663
>Instead of focusing on "epic combat" to appeal to retards
Again, I am not asking it to be DMC or even Kingdom Hearts.
Oblivion already did what I wanted. It wasn't hard at all.

And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but even Arena and Daggerfall did not do this.
>>
>>333145767

>And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but even Arena and Daggerfall did not do this.
Yes, they did. Because they also were RPGs.
>>
>>333145636
Not to fear, House Redoran is here. Sure the Tribunal are gone and the Reclamations are assholes but now that they've stopped the Argonians once without the Hist roiding them out of self-preservation they can do it again.

>Morrowind will be called New Argonia soon
Argonians are dumb lizards that would be nothing without their psychic trees and High Elf Jews helping them out.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Rising_Threat,_Vol._IV
>>
>>333145889
Good job
>>
Did any one else catch this weird line Argonians would say sometimes? It was along the lines of "The black marsh is calling the argonians back, we don't know why". Was this ever a thing or ever explained? Or was it just a simple hint at the hist tree?
>>
>>333146126
It's because the of the Oblivian Crisis.

The Hist knew it was going to happen so they were calling all the Argonians back to the Black Marsh so that they wouldn't get wiped out by Mehrunes Dagon.
>>
>>333145869
And accuracy as a stat affected by probability is not a requirement in RPGs, and next-to if not entirely nonexistent in action-RPGs as a whole.

In Arena, I can give it a pass. A lot of that game is pretty, uh... bad. But for the first game, fine. They can iron shit out later.
For Daggerfall, this is already an outdated idea which is incompatible with the rest of the combat. Still, the slow pace and limited (absent?) movement of enemies make this less of an issue.

By Morrowind, there's no reason for this to still exist, when the combat is much more involved, with eight (8) years between it and its predecessor in which to completely overhaul everything about the game and bring it into the 21st century.

Also, I think the reason I remembered Arena and Daggerfall as not having diceroll accuracy was that, even in the beginning of the game, I was still hitting enemies.
Morrowind starts you out as if you're literally blind and can't hit the broad side of a barn. It leaves a very strong impression of "what the fuck"
>>
skywind when?
>>
>>333133220
God damn this jungle sucks. I can't wait until I scrape enough money together to move to the Imperial City. I'm going to live in one of the cities built on the giant bridges leading to the capital! Ha. Ha. Ha.
>>
>>333145261

Blessing of Akatosh upon you anon.
>>
>>333146489
I hate Bethesda and that stupid engine.
>>
>>333145953
Also I want to say I don't hate the Dunmer before going any further, they're literally my favorite race in TES because they're so damn intriguing. I'm not just saying they're gonna get assfucked because I hate them, but because seriously, they're gonna get assfucked.

Everyone hates them. Absolutely everyone. With good fucking reason too. Their only real allies in history were the fucking Dwemer, and they hated eachother too. They just didn't want to all be conquered by Nords. Like I said, they can't go five minutes without making absolutely everyone want to genocide them. Their own gods despise them because they're such little shits. No one will save them this time.

>Argonians are dumb lizards that would be nothing without their psychic trees and High Elf Jews helping them out.

That may be, but the Dunmer need something to back them up. Psychic trees and high elf jews are pretty great to have on your side. All through history they've pretty much just barely scraped by from getting conquered or straight up eliminated. Then the Empire got them. Then they lost the Tribunal. Then the Argonians got a little payback. Then Vivec let the Ministry of Truth slam into Vivec because he's a goddamn retard, knew he was going to lose his godhood, yet didn't do something about the gigantic goddamn meteor chilling out above his porch, because Dunmer naturally make the worst possible decisions.

I wouldn't be surprised if after the Empire falls apart completely peace comes about simply because everyone decided not to fight eachother, and only team up to kick the shit out of the Dunmer for a good long while. Then they discover they're not so different afterall, they all hate dark elves.
>>
>>333146782
Honestly I'm just roleplaying.

But I don't think the war is as one sided as people make out. The Argonians are good, but their main-strength during the Oblivion Crisis was the fact that 1. The Hist made them immensely strong and 2. The Hist took over their minds to make almost the entire race into one unstoppable unit. The main thing that can benefit an army is communication and when they're all controlled like robots through weird Hist internet no amount of couriers or magic can top that.

Additionally following the Red Year the Hist aren't facing an existential threat from Oblivion anymore, and the Argonians have absolutely burned their bridges with both the Empire and the Dominion by seceeding from the Empire and ceasing to do what they're told by the Altmer after they invaded Morrowind. Morrowind however is still nominally within the Empire, and given that Skyrim both gave Morrowind Solstheim and let the Dunmer live within a chunk of Windhelm whereas Argonians are forbidded from living within the city I would say Dunmer relations are looking better than those of the Argonians.

It's all down to House Redoran really and whether they decide to kick out the outlanders given how hostile the great houses have become towards pro-Imperial factions like Hlaalu. It feels like the Dunmer have realized that they can't pray to the Tribunal anymore, Nerevar wasn't the messiah they were expecting and they can't depend on the Legion to defend them. So all that's left to question is what happens now.
>>
you guys killed this thread because of a debate over morrowind's combat system, noice
>>
>>333148379
>debate
what's there to debate?
Morrowinds combat system is shit. End of story.
>>
>>333145636

Am I the only one who loves how the dunmer in lore are the jerks of tamriel?
>>
>>333134684
let me guess
stealth archer?
>>
>>333137178
you never get damaged from sunlight nigger stop lying
>>
>>333138889

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this
>>
>>333141245
https://youtu.be/qN80_7rNmcE
>>
File: ScreenShot3.png (2 MB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot3.png
2 MB, 1280x768
Call the cops I don't give a fuck
>>
>>333150774
In oblivion? Yes you did, even in vanilla.
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.