[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you play through games without looking any info up,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: string.jpg (1 MB, 980x881) Image search: [Google]
string.jpg
1 MB, 980x881
How many of you play through games without looking any info up, asking for advice, or watching videos of experienced players?

Over the last few years I've tried doing this with single player games and a couple multiplayer ones (SC2, LoL, Dota 2). It's hit or miss. I usually like the minute to minute gameplay better without following someone else's suggestions, but I miss out on being able to discuss the game with other people until the end (if it's a single player game) or ever (if it's multiplayer.)
>>
Me
>>
Some RPGs go way too far hiding the next step in progressing the main story or a quest, and I don't have the patience to find it myself so I look it up. I don't like looking up builds, combat tricks or anything like that however.
>>
Depends entirely on the game, and it's multiplayer shit you better look up as much information as possible as the tutorials are usually utter shit.

As for single player games, if it's a shitty fetchquest that asks you find something that it's well hidden and gives you only said item's general area or it's a quest that is poorly explained in general I'll just look it up.
>>
If it's a single player game I usually do a quick gander at missables and that's about it.
>>
>>333131852
I usually read wikis on 2nd playthrough to find interesting things that I'd have a minuscule chance of finding otherwise, especially in souls games
>>
>>333132317

The satisfaction of pushing my homemade builds and micro tricks as far as they'll go is the only thing that keeps me playing a multiplayer game for any length of time.
>>
All the time. Looking up shit is only acceptable after your first playtrough or if you are doing side content which would be either tedious or borderline impossible to do otherwise.

I don't look up shit in multiplayers either so meta playing is out of my reach. I like to figure out my own shit but I'm only okay in any of those games because of that. This includes fighters, CS:GO and some MMOs. I get shit about it all the time too. Why are people so focused on playing the meta? Is it really so fun just to look up what to do without figuring it out on your own?
>>
>>333133047
>being an hinderance to the team
I bet you're the kind of faggot that plays RO2 and jumps on the Team Leader slot without having a clue on what the fuck you're supposed to do.
>>
>>333133273
Any and all multiplayer games I play have the option to play with a premade team. If you don't like people playing outside your "comfort zone", just play with your friends. You do have friends, right?
>>
>>333133352
I fucking love playing with randoms as that requires being able to coordinate them, I fucking hate when completely clueless people take a role with very limited availability for shit and giggles and their incompetence hinders the team as a whole.
>>
>>333131852
the only time I used the Internet for help was the tomb raider anniversary puzzle in Egypt with the rotating pillars, even though this was my second play through. I still don't know how I beat it the first time.
>>
Usually JRPGs or RPGs. Its interesting to read about getting the best weapons and what not.
If its a straight forward action adventure game, I do it on my own.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.